Let's talk about Combat Manuals

Garlyle

16 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

You have that many?! Mine die the instant they show up because everyone and their mother wants reposition.

It’s my dream to eventually pull an Atk/HP Selena and merge my current Def/Spd one into her:
Screenshot_20180830-204507.png

And give her Steady Breath, obviously. The best Fates girl Nohr-side (along with Beruka) deserves it.

I also want to build a Barst some day. The guy was (and is) a monster in my Shadow Dragon and New Mystery runs, and he deserves appreciation too.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Vaximillian Nice! A big part of why I'm so liberal with my Selena murder is that the first one I ever pulled was a 5* +atk/-res and every one since then has just seemed like a step down. It's nothing special, but she's fully built minus the refined armorsmasher.

And yeah, same on Barst. I loved him in the Archanea games and wish he was better here.

The whole explanation of this looked very confusing so I wasn't sure about this feature at first, but reading through this thread this seems great actually!

I first thought I would prefer more barracks space, but this is actually better cause no more scrolling through an endless list of copies to find a specific unit. I've been having trouble keeping my barracks clean lately cause I got multiple possible +10 projects going on, so I had to clean it up after about every summoning. And great for keeping those GHB/TT units somewhere, I'm too scared to send them home cause they're so rare but most of them are just sitting there uselessly ^^;

All right, this looks very handy. I tested if I can unlock potential from 3* to 5*, and manuals work just like heroes, except for the few things they lose. Already made 50 free spots in my barracks by turning reward units in, which is quite the breezer.

I'll continue turning my unfavourited units into manuals, but I'm going to check if there's any preferable IV out there. So far, I didn't care about good IVs, I just wanted a copy from most of the heroes, and see how useful they are.

Edited by Garlyle

I have finally went under 1,000 Heroes! I think I will be able to get under 900 within a few days.

It's so good get rid of a lot of Eirikas, Male Corrins, Cains, Ninos, Olivias, Lilinas and GHB/TT units without losing them. I hope IS decide to give us , as quest rewards, combat manuals of the Askr Trio and GHB/TT units. I would love to have a +10 Arvis or Linus

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I have a question: Who, in this topic, only used Shards to Level up unit to Lv 20, and know that we don't need to have a Lv 20 unit to unlock unit potential will never use Shards again? I mean... why I would Shards again?

They are going to pile up. It's good when new units arrive and you want them Lv40 quickly, but...

...they are going to pile up anyway.

One thing I liked about combat manuals is the fact you can Unlock Potential of two or more manuals at the same time. I have 8 4* Eirika's manuals, so if I had 160.000 feathers I could promote all 8 manuals at the same time.

Also, from 400+ units, now I have only 275 units in my barracks. That's great!

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I went on a culling spree and I'm now down from ~310 to ~210. Feels good.

I think the only mistake I made was not keeping some spare Level 1s for Voting Gauntlets, but since you can retry those forever, it's not a huge loss.

I've finished 4 star cleaning, will do 3 star later.  That army of Lon qu  is going to be a small library.  Anyways this is the most amazing change ever.  I am always so cramped, I hate sending units home if they have any skill that is good for anyone and it gets really annoying when mass summoning and constantly having to send something home in between.  Finally....finally for so long like since the beginning of the game when I had hardly any units, I can summon on banners in peace.  This is incredible, just incredible.  Like the  no need for that level to 20 just to unlock potential anymore as well.  

It's really too bad that they didn't reduce the price for UPing Combat Manuals. True, the main reason to convert units into CMs is to make space in your barracks, but it's a bit sad that we can't get 5*s any easier.

Also, I know this is common sense, but DO NOT turn merged units into manuals. One of the tactics to save feathers is (still is, realistically) to merge units together to reduce the cost to UP, but transforming them into CMs removes their merges and puts them at full price. Therefore, if you're still using the "merge, then UP" tactic, it would be a good idea to not convert them willy-nilly.

I did a huge clean up job on my barracks which felt great. Almost 200 units got turned into books. I was hoarding lots of copies of some units in case I ever wanted to make them merge projects. My only regret now is that I threw out some GHB units and potential merge fodder for projects I wasn't sure on to make room for skill fodder during my last few summoning sessions. I could have kept them had this update happened sooner. Oh well, I'll probably get those 3-4* units built up again eventually.

On 9/1/2018 at 3:58 PM, Vaximillian said:

It’s my dream to eventually pull an Atk/HP Selena and merge my current Def/Spd one into her:

And give her Steady Breath, obviously. The best Fates girl Nohr-side (along with Beruka) deserves it.

Blessed. I have the Selena you seek and the atk superboon is pretty nice, though she's still pretty noodle-armed. I'm considering Wo Dao and SB for her as well, but I only have 2 spare Ikes for fodder. I'n case I want to make a Nowi merge project or something down the line I've been hesitant to spend my Ikes, so she's kept a more basic build for now. She's still been very handy for dumpstering common whale armors in AA for now.

Spoiler

sA25NjY.jpg

On 9/5/2018 at 3:54 AM, Zeo said:

Keep in mind to keep at least one copy of every unit (including GHB units especially) for the purposes of HM farming. 

I've never understood the point of HM farming, explain por favor~

16 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I've never understood the point of HM farming, explain por favor~

I haven't done this, so not quite sure.  However I think it is something about how we get hero merit for Rival Domains battles, and so using random the more units you have the more hero merit you can get.  Thus the more feathers you can get.  It sounds tedious, but people are reporting hundreds of thousands feathers a week, which is crazy.

9 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I haven't done this, so not quite sure.  However I think it is something about how we get hero merit for Rival Domains battles, and so using random the more units you have the more hero merit you can get.  Thus the more feathers you can get.  It sounds tedious, but people are reporting hundreds of thousands feathers a week, which is crazy.

Damn, that's wild~

I love this I probably will never have to spend orbs on barracks space again and I can still save all those 3* and 4* fodder that I pull. I went from 320 to 279 in my barracks which feels good since I can pull without worrying.  Sadly I leveled to 20 a lot of merges for units so I have to keep getting feathers to reduce my barracks further.

I went from like...800 down to 350ish. All the extra space feels so silly now, but I suppose it will be nice to have just in case IS decides to throw us a bunch of new characters.  Not gonna happen. A long time ago, I found ideal natures for most characters available at a lower rarity and carefully starred them. I'm sure there are some characters who could use better natures, but I never use them except for maybe hero specific quests, so I'm fine with keeping my less than optimal 4* Jagen as he is. Everyone else gets to be fodder!