What are some stuff that other countries have that you wish your country got?

XRay

As an American, I would like if we could have the Kinder Eggs and large-hole swiss cheese other nations enjoy. However, due to the intrusive and despicable abomination known as g o v e r n m e n t   i n t e r f e r e n c e, these luxuries are among the few denied to the American people.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

As an American, I would like if we could have the Kinder Eggs and large-hole swiss cheese other nations enjoy. However, due to the intrusive and despicable abomination known as g o v e r n m e n t   i n t e r f e r e n c e, these luxuries are among the few denied to the American people.

But Kinder Eggs already are in America!

1 hour ago, ViceTOLUCT said:

But Kinder Eggs already are in America!

They have been here for a few years now, but not all stores carry them. I have only seen them in specialty markets and a select few gas stations.

Want every other EU country not sharing a border with a country that's leaving the EU (our economy already sucked now we're screwed)

also japans hirohiko araki and every other country's not having to learn the Irish language ( it sux so bad)

• 1 month later...
On 30/08/2018 at 7:33 PM, Rapier said:

Ethanol is way cheaper than gas because Brazil doesn't have proper refineries to turn its oil into gas, it exports its own oil and buys it back as gas. One of the things I love about my country.

I'd say "everything". Brazil has a terribly high living cost overall (rent, services in general etc.), terrible infrastructure, high crime rates and poor public security, very expensive and poorly executed public transportations (without trains! Like, what the hell?), terrible education (it is sitting well below the world education rank), a high GINI coefficient, absurdly high taxes and fines, very few jobs for people without technical formations, and the amount of radical political parties/candidates is concerning.

Any first-world country is instantly better at any aspect

Brazil is very fucked up. I wish we had anything decently decent here, but things are only getting worse from now on.

On 9/3/2018 at 6:21 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Because only American kids are stupid enough to choke on the toy in Kinder Eggs so they're banned here. Apparently.

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

Because only American kids are stupid enough to choke on the toy in Kinder Eggs so they're banned here. Apparently.

In Philippines they're called Kinder Joy.

IDK if I've been on this thread before, but can I say stuff I wish other countries had that my country has already?

17 hours ago, Purple Mage said:

IDK if I've been on this thread before, but can I say stuff I wish other countries had that my country has already?

Sure! It would be a good way to expand the discussion.

For me, I want other countries and some American states to have Carl's Jr./Hardee's.

Since I'm trying to be nice: I can appreciate the US first ammendment being clearly defined. It is unfortunate in countries such as the UK and Canada that free speech issues can sometimes be farcical. Obviously, things like threats should always be taken seriously, but there have been some cases of poor judgement that degrade the concept. Not to the point where right-wingers like to fearmonger as this happening all the time, but it notably an area that could be improved upon, even if the people being dragged through the mud in these cases are often assholes.

That all said, there have been a number of strange decisions from the US itself even with the first ammendment and some people struggle with the principle of it even there (people should be forced to stop from burning a flag, or opinions such as that), so looks like that is no guarantee. And the US continously struggles with separation of church and state while being a secular state and European countries, which are often state Christian, do not.

Ask me about anything else that I would prefer from the US and I would struggle for an answer, though.

Edited by Edgelord

it's hard, okay

though a more serious answer would probably be the food. America has got a lot of variety in that regard and it would sure as shit beat British food.

Edited by Edgelord

No no no I'm not stopping you, mock away 

Tbh though most of the good food is just food made by immigrants (although isn't it the same in the U.K.?)

Unless you're truly interested in fucking pork roll or something 

Edited by ChefGuevara

52 minutes ago, Edgelord said:

Ask me about anything else that I would prefer from the US and I would struggle for an answer, though.

How about our National Parks? You want them, don't you? Why do I loan them to you for the time being? A dollar a year for 2-6 years, ~20 at nightmarish worst. *Levitates each and every national and and state park to your vicinity* Deal? 

I'd like some social democracy better public transportation and more solar panels and wind turbines. And peace of mind.

1 hour ago, Edgelord said:

That all said, there have been a number of strange decisions from the US itself even with the first ammendment and some people struggle with the principle of it even there (people should be forced to stop from burning a flag, or opinions such as that), so looks like that is no guarantee.

This. While I would appreciate it if people would respect the American flag and not deface it, I would also defend their right to burn, stomp on, and tear up our flag. This is a free country; this is what the Star Spangled Banner stands for. It is an outlet of our frustration just as much as it is a symbol of our greatest hopes and dreams. A flag that I am not allowed to burn, stomp on, or tear up is the kind of flag that I would actually have no hesitation to spit and shit on.

1 hour ago, Edgelord said:

though a more serious answer would probably be the food. America has got a lot of variety in that regard and it would sure as shit beat British food.

1 hour ago, ChefGuevara said:

Tbh though most of the good food is just food made by immigrants (although isn't it the same in the U.K.?)

I agree. While our food is awesome, a lot our awesome food originated elsewhere, so I think our immigrants deserve a lot of the credit.

45 minutes ago, Purple Mage said:

Alrighty then. I wish American toilets had bidets or the pail/dipper combo. I feel much cleaner washing after taking a dump than using toilet paper.

I completely agree. I feel filthy after I poop so I always go to the shower to wash my butt.

As a 21st Century person, not having bidets and fully enclosed stalls in public bathrooms makes America look really backward and uncivilized at times. How can we even consider ourselves a first world country if we do not have bidets? How do we not feel embarrassed when tourists visit our public bathrooms and notice the huge gaps in the stalls?

I want what Switzerland has: A national referendum for every single important decision and law, with emphasis on important. As it stands, Germany isn't a democracy, but a totalitarian state pretending to be a democracy (think capitalist DDR (GDR)).

I'd also like some of those epic sports cars you got in the US, please.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I'd also like some of those epic sports cars you got in the US, please.

Really? I always got the impression that Europe got the best sports cars, or at least the best super cars. I do not recall any American sports car having the highest top speed or fastest 0-60 mph (~0-100 km/h) acceleration for a long time.

Student debt pardon followed by free secondary education!
Also, the 40 hours per week norm fucking sucks. If any country has a norm that is substantially less, lets bring that here. Come on Canada, get your shit together.

1 hour ago, SlayerX said:

Student debt pardon followed by free secondary education!
Also, the 40 hours per week norm fucking sucks. If any country has a norm that is substantially less, lets bring that here. Come on Canada, get your shit together.

I am lucky to have 35 hours a week in the non profit organization I work under. Well, it is still technically 40 hours a week (or 52.5 if you also count the drive), but I get a full hour of lunch off and two paid 15 minutes break. The pace is also much more relaxed and people are easier to talk to.

Ideally, I want about 30 hours or less. I would not mind 25 either although I will need to take a cut on a my spending habits.

Edited by XRay

30 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am lucky to have 35 hours a week in the non profit organization I work under. Well, it is still technically 40 hours a week (or 52.5 if you also count the drive), but I get a full hour of lunch off and two paid 15 minutes break. The pace is also much more relaxed and people are easier to talk to.

Ideally, I want about 30 hours or less. I would not mind 25 either although I will need to take a cut on a my spending habits.

25 hour a week as the norm would be amazing. I currently work part time and only take up to 24 hours. Although, I rarely if ever get 24 hours consistently seeing as I work in a grocery store and they love to cut hours. I would love it if full time jobs were 25 hours a week. Would make things so much better, and I wouldn't have to debate whether to apply to a full time job and lose the way of life I want to actually have or continue having a shaky paycheck but have a considerable amount of time to spend on things I want to actually spend time on.

17 hours ago, XRay said:

Really? I always got the impression that Europe got the best sports cars, or at least the best super cars. I do not recall any American sports car having the highest top speed or fastest 0-60 mph (~0-100 km/h) acceleration for a long time.

But they sure do look the best, especially the Chevrolet Corvette C5 through C7 and the Ford GT, especially the GT40 from way back in the 60s. Those are some of my favourite cars of all time. Though it's true that Europe has some cool sports cars as well (Porsche 911, Audi R8, Ferrari 488, Lamborghini Huracan, the list goes on and on).

One time I saw a thing where a guy thought a bidet toilet was a water fountain lol.

On 10/7/2018 at 8:54 PM, XRay said:

This. While I would appreciate it if people would respect the American flag and not deface it, I would also defend their right to burn, stomp on, and tear up our flag. This is a free country; this is what the Star Spangled Banner stands for. It is an outlet of our frustration just as much as it is a symbol of our greatest hopes and dreams. A flag that I am not allowed to burn, stomp on, or tear up is the kind of flag that I would actually have no hesitation to spit and shit on.

Reminds me of how people are SOOOOO pissed about football players kneeling at the national anthem like it's the crime of the century. And I think that's stupid, they have a right to do so if they wish.

4 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

One time I saw a thing where a guy thought a bidet toilet was a water fountain lol.

Dear Naga. Did he drink out of it?