Serenes' most wanted characters for Heroes

Jotari

Who is your most wanted character in Heroes?  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most wanted character in Heroes (if they're not on the list already, ask and they'll be added).

2 hours ago, MasterSlayerX said:

There ain’t a lot of troubadour type units left for them to use . I think just Jeanne , Forrest and Dwyer (Marianne if you count her strengths in Calvary too ) . As for flier healers we do still have flayn who could possibly make it as one . Prehaps a legendary/mythical  hero for a mounted healer ? I don’t think we have had a healer yet for legendary/mythical healer 

Elinicia and any of the Jugdral fliers not in the game can serve as flying healers too. Jeanne, Nana's replacement isn't in the game yet either, though I doubt they ever have any plans to implement the replacement characters.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Orsin, Mareeta, Gerik, Tethys, and Cormag are all here now.

Oh dang. I never realized they were on the list. There's a lot of characters in this franchise!

Wait, Orsin's in the game? Is there a Thracia banner coming up or something?

On 12/5/2019 at 11:03 AM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Yup. Gonna have him, Tanya, Eyvel, and...spoiler I won't say, but she isn't on the list.

Oh nice. I've been wanting Eyvel for a while now.

Oh, we're getting uncorrupted Mareeta too it seems. Hmm. Not sure I want that actually. I'm fine with Dark Sword Mareeta being the only Mareeta incarnation so long as there are so many other Thracia characters lacking (also unnecessary sword users eww. I dream some day we will have parity of colours). Reinhardt favortisism has also brought us Kempf. That I am not unhappy about (would have preferred him as a mounted mage though).

@redlight @Jave @BoaFerox @XRay @soarta @Ildanach @Poimagic @TheWill @Othin

You guys can vote again.

Edited by Jotari

On 12/4/2019 at 11:06 PM, Jotari said:

Oh nice. I've been wanting Eyvel for a while now.

Oh, we're getting uncorrupted Mareeta too it seems. Hmm. Not sure I want that actually. I'm fine with Dark Sword Mareeta being the only Mareeta incarnation so long as there are so many other Thracia characters lacking (also unnecessary sword users eww. I dream some day we will have parity of colours). Reinhardt favortisism has also brought us Kempf. That I am not unhappy about (would have preferred him as a mounted mage though).

@redlight @Jave @BoaFerox @XRay @soarta @Ildanach @Poimagic @TheWill @Othin

You guys can vote again.

Agreed about Mareeta. My big three hopes for the next Thracia banner were Osian, Asbel, and Eyvel, and I'm really glad two of those got in, but I would have preferred Asbel to Mareeta or Kempf. (Although he wouldn't really have fit the colors or theme.) Hopefully he'll get another chance on a future banner.

As for this poll, I'd like to add Marcia to the list.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Agreed about Mareeta. My big three hopes for the next Thracia banner were Osian, Asbel, and Eyvel, and I'm really glad two of those got in, but I would have preferred Asbel to Mareeta or Kempf. (Although he wouldn't really have fit the colors or theme.) Hopefully he'll get another chance on a future banner.

As for this poll, I'd like to add Marcia to the list.

I really wanted Evyel too, but only partially because I like her character. It was more to see what they'd do with her flame sword. I'm sort of baffled to see that they decided to ignore it completely. At least for her moveset. She has it in her artwork and it looks awesome, but for some reason this prf crazy game decided to completely ignore a character with a built in prf. I don't really have all that much of an inkling to pull for her now. I'm sure they'll give her the flame sword eventually, like three years from now as a weapon refine. But that ain't now.

Also Marcia added.

Edited by Jotari

45 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I really wanted Evyel too, but only partially because I like her character. It was more to see what they'd do with her flame sword. I'm sort of baffled to see that they decided to ignore it completely. At least for her moveset. She has it in her artwork and it looks awesome, but for some reason this prf crazy game decided to completely ignore a character with a built in prf. I don't really have all that much of an inkling to pull for her now. I'm sure they'll give her the flame sword eventually, like three years from now as a weapon refine. But that ain't now.

Also Marcia added.

I feel like it would have just been another sword with the Shining Bow effect? Either an inheritable one with just that, or a prf with some other random effect like the Light Brand, although I feel like non-prf would have been more likely. She starts with it, but I think most people just steal it from her, since it's not a prf in FE5.

I'm guessing she'll demote, which is the main reason I don't see a need to pull for her.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

I feel like it would have just been another sword with the Shining Bow effect? Either an inheritable one with just that, or a prf with some other random effect like the Light Brand, although I feel like non-prf would have been more likely. She starts with it, but I think most people just steal it from her, since it's not a prf in FE5.

I'm guessing she'll demote, which is the main reason I don't see a need to pull for her.

They could have just made it an inheritable weapon with Distant Counter and a Special Cooldown Penalty. That's basically what Lightening Breath is and that's been around since like the start. Making any unit have potential aspect to Distant Counter is long over due. Dragons are the who benefit most from the skill and they can do it already.

Edited by Jotari

29 minutes ago, Jotari said:

They could have just made it an inheritable weapon with Distant Counter and a Special Cooldown Penalty. That's basically what Lightening Breath is and that's been around since like the start. Making any unit have potential aspect to Distant Counter is long over due. Dragons are the who benefit most from the skill and they can do it already.

I don't think that's the sort of thing that should be available to all unit types, it makes sense for it to be a dragon-specific thing.

And if they were to do that, why a magic weapon rather than a more straightforward 1-2 range weapon?

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't think that's the sort of thing that should be available to all unit types, it makes sense for it to be a dragon-specific thing.

And if they were to do that, why a magic weapon rather than a more straightforward 1-2 range weapon?

I don't see how it makes any more sense to be a dragon thing. Being able to attack from range is something lance and axe users can do in every single game in the series (sword users not so much, the only other option beyond a magic weapon would be Radiant Dawn's Wind Edge). It would in no way break the balance of the game and would allow more freedom for set ups on characters that don't have Distant Counter prfs already.

5 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I don't see how it makes any more sense to be a dragon thing. Being able to attack from range is something lance and axe users can do in every single game in the series (sword users not so much, the only other option beyond a magic weapon would be Radiant Dawn's Wind Edge). It would in no way break the balance of the game and would allow more freedom for set ups on characters that don't have Distant Counter prfs already.

Any melee character is capable of countering ranged attacks with Distant Counter. I don't think every melee character needs to be able to counter ranged attacks without using their A slot.

Having different unit types be able to do different things is good for the game.

7 hours ago, Othin said:

Any melee character is capable of countering ranged attacks with Distant Counter. I don't think every melee character needs to be able to counter ranged attacks without using their A slot.

Having different unit types be able to do different things is good for the game.

If that's your view then you must be disappointed that they added the Firesweeper axe recently.

5 hours ago, Benice said:

@Jotari Where's my boy Lowen?2qf1c4.png.05622e6a1e8a84a51f8726f447e38bd5.png

Added.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

If that's your view then you must be disappointed that they added the Firesweeper axe recently.

No, that's color symmetry within parallel weapon types. What I wouldn't want is a Firesweep dagger, or Firesweep tomes, or Firesweep breath.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

No, that's color symmetry within parallel weapon types. What I wouldn't want is a Firesweep dagger, or Firesweep tomes, or Firesweep breath.

Well I don't see a difference between that and Axe/Lances/Swords having a Distant Counter option. As you've pointed out, any of these units can do this already using the Distant Counter skill, and a bunch of units already have Distant Counter as a prf weapon, probably more than any other skill. So it's something that already exists as a build in the game. Giving us a Storm Edge/Hand Axe/Javelin option would only increase the versatility of units restricted to the inheritable weapon pool and allow more varied A skills to see more use.