Jotari's Super Fun Binding Blade Balance Patch

Jotari

On 5/19/2019 at 4:12 PM, Street Hero said:

5ce101b7952f3_fe6jotari-1.png.a2045ea8261165a4ea411c9484cb0df6.png5ce101b5710d7_fe6jotari-2.png.2587db2894ee4240242e3be3a0b06dd1.png

Almost gave me a heart attack.  ??

Eh? I have no idea what he's doing there. Was probably testing character battle quotes. XD Tempted to just leave him in but I'll be kind and patch it out.

On 5/20/2019 at 9:54 PM, Rotted Fish said:

Another question, would it be possible to change the support cap from 5 supports to one A support? I know a patch was made for 7 and 8 because they’re more accessible to mess with.

This I know not of.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried patching the ROM with the patch and it says it doesn't match the file. Do I press ignore to patch it or?

Edited by Syndixel

On 5/23/2019 at 1:11 AM, Syndixel said:

I tried patching the ROM with the patch and it says it doesn't match the file. Do I press ignore to patch it or?

Yeah I got that error with my most recent patching. I think maybe the source rom wasn't clean, but I figured it was something pretty minor. Try ignoring it and patch anyway. If there's major problems then I'll hunt down a new clean rom to serve as the source for the patch.

• 2 weeks later...

Super excited to start this and play it through! Will keep you posted with any new bugs.

Spoiler

if Guinevere comes in at the beginning of Chapter 14, does that mean she replaces Cecilia and all of her supports? I'm trying to plan an endgame team with optimized supports, so I'd appreciate if I knew whether I could pair her with Roy.

On 6/4/2019 at 12:27 PM, Dyamond said:

Super excited to start this and play it through! Will keep you posted with any new bugs.

Hide contents

if Guinevere comes in at the beginning of Chapter 14, does that mean she replaces Cecilia and all of her supports? I'm trying to plan an endgame team with optimized supports, so I'd appreciate if I knew whether I could pair her with Roy.

No, she doesn't replace Cecilia, both of them join.

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately, the source ROM doesn't work with the patch. I hit "Ignore" and when I went into the first chapter, it loaded some MissingNo. like characters and booted me back to the main menu. 

7 hours ago, Syndixel said:

Unfortunately, the source ROM doesn't work with the patch. I hit "Ignore" and when I went into the first chapter, it loaded some MissingNo. like characters and booted me back to the main menu. 

Have you tried the translated version of the rom?

Would you recommend using this mod as a first playthrough of the game? I like to challenge myself and ive heard lategame gets way too easy if you know how to "exploit" the FE mechanics well enough. (also i like to mod my games in general) 

2 hours ago, hovah said:

Would you recommend using this mod as a first playthrough of the game? I like to challenge myself and ive heard lategame gets way too easy if you know how to "exploit" the FE mechanics well enough. (also i like to mod my games in general) 

Sure, go for it. You might find the end game still a little bit easy, with the exception of Idoun. She's pretty difficult to beat without losing a unit as far as I remember.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Don't know what the issue is then. Try another rom I guess.

Okay, I used Fire Emblem - Fuuin no Tsurugi (Eng v1.0) ROM (not gonna link to it obviously), but this worked. 

6 hours ago, Syndixel said:

Okay, I used Fire Emblem - Fuuin no Tsurugi (Eng v1.0) ROM (not gonna link to it obviously), but this worked. 

That's the one I recommend as I note in the OP.

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

At the beginning of Ch4 and there's only one enemy on the map in battle prep. The game is then stuck on the second screenshot when I start the chapter

Fire Emblem - Fuuin no Tsurugi (Eng v1.0).png

Fire Emblem - Fuuin no Tsurugi (Eng v1.0) 2.png

Hmm. That's disconcerting. Sure enough I'm able to replicate it on my version too. I have no idea why it's happening though. It didn't used to. So it has to stem from something I changed in my last update. I know why it's freezing at least. The game is looking for Narcian to activate a cutscene and he doesn't exist on the map. Where he went it a mystery. All the units appear on the unit placed in GBA Fire Emblem builder. I'll look into it next time I have a chance.

EDIT: Actually, turned out to be a pretty simple fix. That cavalier is meant to be Narcian, there's two of him loaded onto the map for some reason. That's his starting position where he then flies to the castle and the enemies come out of it. I have no idea why I changed Narcian into a generic cavalier. Hopefully it's an isolated issue. New update is in the link in the OP.

Edited by Jotari

This is weird. I tried your new patch on the exact same GBA file ("Fire Emblem - Fuuin no Tsurugi (Eng v1.0)"), but now it says the file doesn't match...

On another note, I'm guessing this is why you replaced Narcian with a cav. That screenshot was probably from the battle prep screen.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 3:12 AM, Street Hero said:

5ce101b7952f3_fe6jotari-1.png.a2045ea8261165a4ea411c9484cb0df6.png5ce101b5710d7_fe6jotari-2.png.2587db2894ee4240242e3be3a0b06dd1.png

Almost gave me a heart attack.  ??

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:25 PM, Jotari said:

Eh? I have no idea what he's doing there. Was probably testing character battle quotes. XD Tempted to just leave him in but I'll be kind and patch it out.

This I know not of.

10 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

This is weird. I tried your new patch on the exact same GBA file ("Fire Emblem - Fuuin no Tsurugi (Eng v1.0)"), but now it says the file doesn't match...

On another note, I'm guessing this is why you replaced Narcian with a cav. That screenshot was probably from the battle prep screen.

I actually swapped the source ROM because the one I have been using gave an error saying it has to be an unmodified rom. I must have edited something minor in my "clean" ROM. So I downloaded a new one that was also the English translation and just changed the name to my first one. I hooed that would work but it looks like it doesn't.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

I actually swapped the source ROM because the one I have been using gave an error saying it has to be an unmodified rom. I must have edited something minor in my "clean" ROM. So I downloaded a new one that was also the English translation and just changed the name to my first one. I hooed that would work but it looks like it doesn't.

I just used another FE6 ROM ("0378 - Fire Emblem - Sealed Sword") and the patch is working now. Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

I just used another FE6 ROM ("0378 - Fire Emblem - Sealed Sword") and the patch is working now. Thanks!

No problem. Hope you enjoy it. And I hope there are no more issues. Tell me what you think.

If anyone still wants to try this, I've updated the download link to a version that works with the raw rom. Though after four years I can't attest to the quality of the thing!

• 1 month later...