Grand Hero Battle: Jamke

mampfoid

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamke Infernal in one turn: 

Compared to the last bloated maps, this was much less of a hassle. Cherche continues to quad armors. 

@Nowi's Husband That was fast, congrats! 

Saw the image on the main page, it shows that Jamke comes with Odd Atk Wave 3 on the challenge map. I want to like him, but since we don't get him with that skill, he's probably joining Team Canas soon. Bittersweet moments.

@mampfoid Nice! Your fliers really know no mercy. Poor Jamke never knew what was coming for him.

Anyway, as for my Taku clear:

@kirauza343 @mcsilas This was another mostly simple one. The Guidance flier threw me off in the beginning, but it wasn't too hard to outmaneuver. I could have cleared this without having Sakura tank the fully charged sword cav, but a) I wanted to let her in on the action and show off her new Gravity+ staff and b) I just wanted to see if she could survive it. haha;;

Tbh a lot fo my equipped skills were unneccessary on this map, but I'm too lazy to take them off.

I'm actually a bit disappointed in Jamke because I somehow thought he'd be a cavalry archer. Turns out he's yet another okay infantry archer for the pile. They could have at least given him some better skills.

Infernal was beaten by my SS tactics team. Nothing too difficult.

Jamke himself is thoroughly underwhelming. I have never really had an interest in using Infantry archers and he doesn't even have good fodder like the past few

@mampfoid I’m up way too late, I will have a look at that clear tomorrow, sometime.

For now, a pair of mine. First up is good ol’ Flier Emblem, nothing fancy.

Caeda’s skill closet somehow got even larger...

The second is basically just Hector, because it amused me.

It's occurring to me that my casual team might be getting overpowered with Veronica's introduction.

After the hell that was Abyssal with all of those reinforcements, speed-tank F!Grima with my day-one S-Support just looks at this map and laughs. With buff and dance support, she slaughtered all but one enemy, who despite having Infernal-boosted stats was obliterated in one hit by Bridal Ninian's bladetome (and to add insult to injury, she could hit him twice).

Leon + three dancers show Jamke who's the better archer!  Wasn't particularly flashy, hence no recording.

Worst enemy IMO is that flying thing with Guidance.  Easiest one is the knight, because it's slow and can't ORKO Leon.

Pretty easy map compared to all the reinforcements nonsense we've had to deal with of late. Honestly, I kind of liked it more for that. I could use a team that requires more finesse instead of the usual Brave Bow + Dancers or GIANT WALL OF STATS dragon/flier teams. Minerva on my Drive team got the Jamke kill.

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

@mampfoid Nice! Your fliers really know no mercy. Poor Jamke never knew what was coming for him.

Thanks, yeah Jamke was sitting in the woods, not expecting the doom from above. 

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

Anyway, as for my Taku clear:

Very nice too! Your team had to retreat in the beginning, but clever way to chip down the Wary Fighter. Sakura tanks a full special.  

Perhaps it's even possible to integrate NY Takumi here? I didn't see Sakura do any healing. 

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

They could have at least given him some better skills.

56 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I have never really had an interest in using Infantry archers and he doesn't even have good fodder like the past few

Yeah, I wish he had a Galeforce variant or something like Future Vision. To be honest I'm pretty happy to have some Heavy Blade fodder. It's not the greatest skill, but may help with my clears. 

52 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

For now, a pair of mine. First up is good ol’ Flier Emblem, nothing fancy.

Flier emblem is not too different from mine, but Caeda has to take more hits to get into WoM range. Bet Airzura could have killed that red mage herself. 

Wow Bector is laughs at this map, amusing and frightening indeed. Congrats! 

Team Lyn beat this map without even trying.

Legendary Lyn tanks and kills both mages on the first enemy phase. Regular Lyn and Honorary Lyn tag team Jamke down, leaving regular Lyn to take a hit from both the pegasus and armor on the second enemy phase to get Sol Katti activated so that she can ignore Wary Fighter and Bonfire for the kill.

+10 Lyn [+Spd, -Res] (Sol Katti [unique], Reposition, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 2, Wrath 3, Spur Spd 3, Attack +3) [Wind]
+10 Legendary Lucina [+Atk, -Def] (Thogn, Future Vision, Luna, Swift Sparrow 2, Guard 3, Distant Guard 3, Flashing Blade 3)
+10 Bride Lyn [+Spd, -Def] (Candlelight+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Heavenly Light, Speed +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Live to Serve 3) [Wind]
+10 Legendary Lyn [+Spd, -Def] (Swift Mulagir, Reposition, Moonbow, Laws of Sacae, Dull Ranged 3, Spd Tactic 3, Distant Def 3)

Bride Lyn doesn't actually need to be there, but I can give her Drive Def 2 and have Legendary Lyn tank Jamke instead (with a perfect-damage kill) just for the hell of it if I want.

There is no blue infantry Lyn, so Lucina gets to be an honorary Lyn on this team.

Edited by Ice Dragon

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Team Lyn beat this map without even trying.

Legendary Lyn tanks and kills both mages on the first enemy phase. Regular Lyn and Honorary Lyn tag team Jamke down, leaving regular Lyn to take a hit from both the pegasus and armor on the second enemy phase to get Sol Katti activated so that she can ignore Wary Fighter and Bonfire for the kill.

+10 Lyn [+Spd, -Res] (Sol Katti [unique], Reposition, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 2, Wrath 3, Spur Spd 3, Attack +3) [Wind]
+10 Legendary Lucina [+Atk, -Def] (Thogn, Future Vision, Luna, Swift Sparrow 2, Guard 3, Distant Guard 3, Flashing Blade 3)
+10 Bride Lyn [+Spd, -Def] (Candlelight+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Heavenly Light, Speed +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Live to Serve 3) [Wind]
+10 Legendary Lyn [+Spd, -Def] (Swift Mulagir, Reposition, Moonbow, Laws of Sacae, Dull Ranged 3, Spd Tactic 3, Distant Def 3)

Bride Lyn doesn't actually need to be there, but I can give her Drive Def 2 and have Legendary Lyn tank Jamke instead (with a perfect-damage kill) just for the hell of it if I want.

There is no blue infantry Lyn, so Lucina gets to be an honorary Lyn on this team.

I never thought to give Legendary Lyn the "Dull Ranged" skill, but it's a good idea. Mine has Desperation right know.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Very nice too! Your team had to retreat in the beginning, but clever way to chip down the Wary Fighter. Sakura tanks a full special.  

Perhaps it's even possible to integrate NY Takumi here? I didn't see Sakura do any healing. 

Yeah, chip damage is pretty much required when you are going against an armour with three archers. And definitly, Sakura is one of the more bulky healers, but I was surprised she could tank it with relatively little help (CD + Drive Defense).

Right, I can replace Sakura for almost any unit, but it doesn't really make enough of a difference to do another recording. I just enjoy having her on the team now. 

Cleared Infernal difficulty on first try without even attempting the lower difficulties beforehand. Flier Emblem with a Bladetome mage flier is extremely good on this map.

Used:
+1 Summer Corrin (Blarblade+, Reposition, Glimmer, Darting Blow 3, Desperation 3, Iote's Shield) (KOs most units on the map)
+Spd/-Atk New Years Azura (+Spd Hagoita+, Fury 3, Flier Formation 3) (did not attack at all)
5* +Atk/-Spd Cherche (Brave Axe+, Reposition, Bonfire, Death Blow 3, Hit and Run, Fortify Fliers) (2RKOs Jamke and ORKOs the lance flier)
+Def/-Spd Elincia (Reposition, Goad Fliers) (did not attack at all)

Edited by Roflolxp54

6 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Right, I can replace Sakura for almost any unit, but it doesn't really make enough of a difference to do another recording. I just enjoy having her on the team now. 

Yeah, it was just out of curiosity if a full Takumi-Emblem worked here. Sadly I don't have NY!Takumi myself. 

11 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, it was just out of curiosity if a full Takumi-Emblem worked here. Sadly I don't have NY!Takumi myself. 

It does and I may try a full Taku clear in a future GHB or BHB (LHB are just too brutal on anything above Lunatic) soon. Also Ny!Taku is a great dagger unit, so I can recommend throwing a few orbs his way on the New Years banner rerun, if you got any to spare at the time. 

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

It does and I may try a full Taku clear in a future GHB or BHB (LHB are just too brutal on anything above Lunatic) soon. Also Ny!Taku is a great dagger unit, so I can recommend throwing a few orbs his way on the New Years banner rerun, if you got any to spare at the time. 

Great! 

Spare orbs: Almost never and I'm pretty sick of colorless after endless tries for Grima. I hope I'll get her next month and be done with that color for a while. Of course the next colorless Legendary will be even better. Wouldn't mind getting him on the banner rerun, already got Airzura and Camilla. 

55 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Great! 

Spare orbs: Almost never and I'm pretty sick of colorless after endless tries for Grima. I hope I'll get her next month and be done with that color for a while. Of course the next colorless Legendary will be even better. Wouldn't mind getting him on the banner rerun, already got Airzura and Camilla. 

Ah I totally get that. The endless stream of Virions, Jakobs and Saizos does get tiresome. Good luck with Grima. She pity broke me 4 times over when trying for Sakunyan, so at least those probably got lost on her way to you. There's still two more LG banners to go at least.

6 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Ah I totally get that. The endless stream of Virions, Jakobs and Saizos does get tiresome. Good luck with Grima. She pity broke me 4 times over when trying for Sakunyan, so at least those probably got lost on her way to you. There's still two more LG banners to go at least.

Thanks!

Virions are ok, I need his Astra to fodder Galeforce together with Brave+ and TA3 from Cordelia. I get Rebeccas, Priscillas, Setsunas, Serras and pity breakers all the time. I hope the next legendary banner will be good. I could pull for Lector, Roy-merges, Grima and the new Legendary.