Grand Hero Battle: Jamke

mampfoid

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Jamke

anyway

FE4 theme team clear, with only people who joined before him. This limits my roster significantly to just Sigurd, Arden, and Ayra, so I brought in Finn and if you squint he might look 19 years younger.

Deirdre joins right after so she didn't make the cutoff. Alas!

23 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Out of curiosity, was anyone ever asking for Jamke? I don't dislike him or anything, but he certainly never stood out to me among the FE4 roster. It comes across as an incredibly obscure choice to me. 

I'm unsure about popularity, but he's fairly iconic for being the bow Navarre of the 1st generation. His skill set in the original game was pretty devastating too, allowing him to trigger tons of attacks with his deadly Killer Bow.

26 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Out of curiosity, was anyone ever asking for Jamke? I don't dislike him or anything, but he certainly never stood out to me among the FE4 roster. It comes across as an incredibly obscure choice to me. 

He does seem pretty strange.

Personally, given the choice of a 3-character banner and GHB for FE4 Gen 1, I would have gone with Quan/Ethlyn/Lewyn plus Travant. I guess with Eldigan and Arvis already available, Jamke is the best non-Travant option?

Other options for allies who first appear as enemies are Erinys and Chulainn. Erinys is the most popular of the three, but also the one easiest to just talk to rather than worrying about combat. (Not that that necessarily matters.) Chulainn, you actually have to defeat to recruit him, but he also seems like the most forgettable. (He did still score higher than Jamke on CYL2, though.)

Hmm. Erinys is more associated with lances than swords, but if they want to do a 4-character color-balanced banner, they could give her a sword and do Erinys/Quan/Lewyn/Ethlyn. That would also give the option of making Erinys the 4* and keeping Ethlyn at 5*, unlike Nanna.

Sylvia/Quan/Lewyn/Ethlyn is another option, and also allows for two pairs, but Sylvia would be more likely to claim the 5* spot, like Lene. She also might feel a bit more redundant, and scored lower than Erinys. (Speaking of which, Lene scored even lower, at 604. Ironically, she only got two more votes than Laylea.) Also, Erinys/Lewyn is a much more fitting counterpart to Quan/Ethlyn than Sylvia/Lewyn would be.

@mampfoidNice! This was a pretty easy one, especially now that we've seen Abyssal content.

I'll be interested to see how Cherche's refine could affect your 1 turn strategies. Though unless it's a prf brave axe, I expect you'll end up sticking with her current setup to better use Galeforce still.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

He does seem pretty strange.

Personally, given the choice of a 3-character banner and GHB for FE4 Gen 1, I would have gone with Quan/Ethlyn/Lewyn plus Travant. I guess with Eldigan and Arvis already available, Jamke is the best non-Travant option?

Other options for allies who first appear as enemies are Erinys and Chulainn. Erinys is the most popular of the three, but also the one easiest to just talk to rather than worrying about combat. (Not that that necessarily matters.) Chulainn, you actually have to defeat to recruit him, but he also seems like the most forgettable. (He did still score higher than Jamke on CYL2, though.)

Hmm. Erinys is more associated with lances than swords, but if they want to do a 4-character color-balanced banner, they could give her a sword and do Erinys/Quan/Lewyn/Ethlyn. That would also give the option of making Erinys the 4* and keeping Ethlyn at 5*, unlike Nanna.

Sylvia/Quan/Lewyn/Ethlyn is another option, and also allows for two pairs, but Sylvia would be more likely to claim the 5* spot, like Lene. She also might feel a bit more redundant, and scored lower than Erinys. (Speaking of which, Lene scored even lower, at 604. Ironically, she only got two more votes than Laylea.) Also, Erinys/Lewyn is a much more fitting counterpart to Quan/Ethlyn than Sylvia/Lewyn would be.

I would personally make Lewyn/Levin legendary. He's certainly powerful and important enough to deserve it.

My choices for a banner would be Cuan/Ethlin/Lex with Travant as GHB.

Cleared the first difficulty with a flier team of Elincia, Myrrh, Clair, and bow Hinoka. Cleared the second with an armor team of Valentine Lyn and Valentine Hector, Brave Hector, and the Black Knight. Both were pretty easy. Still working on that Infernal difficulty, though.

59 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Story or character wise not so much. But he was pretty good for a unmounted unit and archer at that. There's something satisfying about machine gun bows being fired at your opponent. It's like people knowing for Perceval being a great unit than being known for his character

There aren't that many memorable villains/foes in the first half of Genealogy left to be added to Heroes. Sure, you have Travant, but he'll most likely be reserved for Quan and Ethlyn's debut because both parties have a massive part to play in each others story. The two major holy blood dukes you face are more known for being able to wield the crusader weapons than their personality if you can even call it that. Jamke is a miniboss that joins Sigurd's army so he's actually a good candidate to be added as a GHB. Plus he has character development to boot. Other options could've been Ayra and Eldigan, but we all know what IS decided to do to them

Chulainn is another reminder of why Genealogy is so much full of incest. Two minor bloods make a major blood. Though I am curious how much they are related

Edited by silveraura25

This was nice I gave up on abysmal difficulty because I don't care about gold headgear and those were just too annoying for me.  So, anyway this was a nice change.  I used armor emblem team of B!Hector, B!Ephraim, BK and H!Henry for hard and lunatic and for infernal I used a F2P guide with Olivia, Fjorm, Arvis and Narcian.  I have no idea what I am going to do with Jamke, but I will 5* him like I do with every GHB unit.

27 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

@mampfoidNice! This was a pretty easy one, especially now that we've seen Abyssal content.

I'll be interested to see how Cherche's refine could affect your 1 turn strategies. Though unless it's a prf brave axe, I expect you'll end up sticking with her current setup to better use Galeforce still.

Thanks! Yeah, my team didn't sweat over this one.

I'll use what works for my clears, but I'll try to integrate new stuff if possible. Pretty curious for her prf myself, best thing expected to happen this week. 

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I never thought to give Legendary Lyn the "Dull Ranged" skill, but it's a good idea. Mine has Desperation right know.

I ended up building my Lyn with the purpose of annihilating ranged units on enemy phase, so I dropped Desperation in favor of Dull Ranged, which shuts down Litrblade, Tactic, and Wave shenanigans.

She's also +Spd to make up for not having Quick Riposte, which gives her 52 Spd on enemy phase without buffs while Dull Ranged also denies the opponent Hone-type Spd buffs.

For comparison, flying Nino maxes out at 52 Spd on initiation with Swift Sparrow 2, but dies to the counterattack if she's not running Iote's Shield, and Ishtar maxes out at 53 Spd on initiation with Swift Sparrow 2, but also dies to the counterattack due to weapon triangle disadvantage. Celica is the fastest red tome when separated from allies and maxes out at 54 Spd with Atk/Spd Push.

I'm hoping to eventually pass out some mix of Drive Atk and Drive Spd to the three real Lyns on the team, probably Drive Spd on regular Lyn and Bride Lyn and Drive Atk on Legendary Lyn and Bride Lyn's Sacred Seal, which would let Legendary Lyn hit 58 Spd that is immune to both Panic and Chill Spd (both regular Lyn and Bride Lyn have higher visible Spd) and relatively resistant to Spd Ploy (34 Res).

Part of the reason Legendary Lucina gets to be an honorary Lyn was due to Distant Guard, which is the perfect buff to give to Legendary Lyn. (Also because it lets me stack wind blessing buffs.)

Berkut's Lance on Hector paid off. Made the whole thing a joke.

@Etheus I'm a big fan of Jamke, but he is a bit of an odd choice.

Brigette could've worked too, but they're probably saving her for a banner since she'll almost certainly sell well.

As for Jamke himself, I do wish he was better. Nothing huge, like maybe a prf bow that has a killer effect and lets him ignore forest penalties. But eh, still glad to have him.

35 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I ended up building my Lyn with the purpose of annihilating ranged units on enemy phase, so I dropped Desperation in favor of Dull Ranged, which shuts down Litrblade, Tactic, and Wave shenanigans.

She's also +Spd to make up for not having Quick Riposte, which gives her 52 Spd on enemy phase without buffs while Dull Ranged also denies the opponent Hone-type Spd buffs.

For comparison, flying Nino maxes out at 52 Spd on initiation with Swift Sparrow 2, but dies to the counterattack if she's not running Iote's Shield, and Ishtar maxes out at 53 Spd on initiation with Swift Sparrow 2, but also dies to the counterattack due to weapon triangle disadvantage. Celica is the fastest red tome when separated from allies and maxes out at 54 Spd with Atk/Spd Push.

I'm hoping to eventually pass out some mix of Drive Atk and Drive Spd to the three real Lyns on the team, probably Drive Spd on regular Lyn and Bride Lyn and Drive Atk on Legendary Lyn and Bride Lyn's Sacred Seal, which would let Legendary Lyn hit 58 Spd that is immune to both Panic and Chill Spd (both regular Lyn and Bride Lyn have higher visible Spd) and relatively resistant to Spd Ploy (34 Res).

Part of the reason Legendary Lucina gets to be an honorary Lyn was due to Distant Guard, which is the perfect buff to give to Legendary Lyn. (Also because it lets me stack wind blessing buffs.)

You basically use Dull Range for the same reason I use Swordbreaker in my Marth: to get rid of this annoying speedy foes. With Swordbreaker, I don't have ṕroblems with types like Ayra or Mia.

I also was blessed with a +Spd Legendary Lyn and, after your explanation, I am considering to give her Dull Range too.

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

There’s also Beowolf, though I’d doubt that he is any more likely to be added than Chulainn. 

I forgot about him. Very hard to justify over any of the others, really.

20 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

You basically use Dull Range for the same reason I use Swordbreaker in my Marth: to get rid of this annoying speedy foes. With Swordbreaker, I don't have ṕroblems with types like Ayra or Mia.

I also was blessed with a +Spd Legendary Lyn and, after your explanation, I am considering to give her Dull Range too.

Dull Range also helps with her bulk a lot by denying Atk buffs and Litrblade, which also supports her role as a ranged tank. I figure that since she's not all that great for Arena offense, I may as well build her for the niche role her stats and skills imply she was meant to fill.

Mine is +10 merge and [+Spd, -Def] and has a rather absurd stat spread of 40/58/52/36/48 on enemy phase against ranged opponents (with all skills active and in range of Lucina's Distant Guard). If I get her the Drive buffs eventually, she'll hit 40/61/58/36/48.

One other thing is that because I have Bride Lyn on the team, Candlelight can be used as a better substitute for Desperation in case I do need to initiate combat against melee opponents with Distant Counter.

Well, I oneshotted everything with horses. Xander, Camus, Olwen (the second one) and Veronica. Xander hat 2 HP, Camus 1 and for god knows which reason the flier in the end decided to attack Olwen. Well, it worked, so I won't complain.

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

Berkut's Lance on Hector paid off. Made the whole thing a joke.

@Etheus I'm a big fan of Jamke, but he is a bit of an odd choice.

Brigette could've worked too, but they're probably saving her for a banner since she'll almost certainly sell well.

As for Jamke himself, I do wish he was better. Nothing huge, like maybe a prf bow that has a killer effect and lets him ignore forest penalties. But eh, still glad to have him.

I think Jamke was the GHB because he is a pretty normal unit. He doesn't have a rare prf weapon and his class is pretty standard too. He's popular so he's a good add for hero, but IS probably just did't see him as good banner material.

As for the GHB itself. Guidance Gal was a bit of a jerk, but other then that it was a pretty easy GHB.

Edited by Sasori

You guys were right, Brave Hector is very strong on this map. (cleared infernal with current arena team)

EDIT: I'm going to hold my feathers until I find a fun build for Jamek though.

Edited by Garlyle

@mampfoid Oh man, I love how Hinoka just sat that there. I'm always a fan of flier team clears especially involving Elincia and Cherche, and your Cherche continues to amaze me. She's truly a Cherche to aspire to.

@Nanima Very nice! Your Sakura was surprisingly sturdy and I'm glad you showed that off.

@LordFrigid Wow, great job on both counts! The Hector-almost-solo is especially impressive; the sound effects on Astra were hilarious.

@Radiant Dragon The left side of that map was practically made for a high resistance blue mage tackle which suits your team very well. Great clear!

@Some Jerk F!Grima is sooooo underrated, nice job!

@Hilda It's nice to see the Askr refines put to good use, and I see Veronica continues to be a great resource for ftp clears.

@Thor Odinson Awesome theme clear! I feel like I never see Arden used so it was nice to see him get his time to shine. 

This was very nice to deal with after the two Abyssal battles. The guidance flier was easily the most annoying part of this entire map but it still felt pretty easy in the grand scheme of things.

It's a shame Jamke doesn't come with Odd Atk Wave, but Cancel Affinity 3 at four stars and Heavy Blade on a non five star exclusive is very nice.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dull Range also helps with her bulk a lot by denying Atk buffs and Litrblade, which also supports her role as a ranged tank. I figure that since she's not all that great for Arena offense, I may as well build her for the niche role her stats and skills imply she was meant to fill.

Mine is +10 merge and [+Spd, -Def] and has a rather absurd stat spread of 40/58/52/36/48 on enemy phase against ranged opponents (with all skills active and in range of Lucina's Distant Guard). If I get her the Drive buffs eventually, she'll hit 40/61/58/36/48.

One other thing is that because I have Bride Lyn on the team, Candlelight can be used as a better substitute for Desperation in case I do need to initiate combat against melee opponents with Distant Counter.

That stats are great.

I am also a huge fan of Candlelight+. I had a Bride Lyn too, but I decided to give the staff to Lucius, becauce Lucius has better access to merges than Bride Lyn does.

@kirauza343 Thanks!

Your Micaiah really cleaned the house there. It's amazing just how much she trivializes magical damage. I was also impressed by your Marisa's tanking. She really doesn't take any bullshit.