Grand Hero Battle: Jamke

mampfoid

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much prefer these kind of GHB to the reinforcement type, however this one was perhaps too easy.  Got through all these first try with my Haunted Armor team (Zelgius, Hardin, H! Henry, H! Jakob+2).  Astra Jamke hits for...well nothing on my triple DD Jakob.  Hardin easily takes care of the mages to the left.  

I am very disappointed we didn't get that catchy beautiful Verdane theme for this battle.  Anyways 3 Jamkes.  One got foddered to finally give my Firelance Galeforce Cordelia the Heavy Blade 3 A skill she so desperately wanted (just couldn't sack my Ike+1 despite being obsolete).  One will be saved for I guess when some other unit actually needs heavy blade.  One was promoted and will be kept...out of loyalty to FE4 and the character.  It is just so discouraging with units like this, Canas, etc.   I mean what can they do that isn't done better than someone else?  Nothing.  Do they fulfill any unique niche or role?  No.  I was hoping he would get a bow version of nameless blade, which would be fitting for him...but of course no.  At least his sprite is excellent and the pose is a nice touch.  

9 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

It is just so discouraging with units like this, Canas, etc.   I mean what can they do that isn't done better than someone else?  Nothing.  Do they fulfill any unique niche or role?  No.  I was hoping he would get a bow version of nameless blade, which would be fitting for him...but of course no.  At least his sprite is excellent and the pose is a nice touch.

On the other hand, it's well worth noting that releasing good unit after good unit is unsustainable in the long run and that the designers and developers have taken notice.

It doesn't hurt the game to release a mediocre unit now and then to fill out the roster. It would be a tragedy if years from now, they finally release Dolph and Macellan and they are required to eclipse Zelgius and Hector (all of the Hectors) in power simply because new units are forced to be competitive.

That said, I do hope they do this more often, but by inserting new mediocre units with good skills directly into the 3-star and 4-star pool, as this would help alleviate the ongoing issue that new skills end up with low availability even if the skills themselves only have niche usefulness (*cough* Atk/Res Bond *cough*).

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

Does anyone else find it a little ironic that Jamke is often one of the biggest pains in the ass to recruit in FE4, but among the easiest GHBs?

well he is also a trash unit so it makes sense for him to be as easy as the Oliver GHB. I have like literally no use for him, not even for skill fodder, unless IS starts handing out Life and Death seals/Deathblow seals etc.

After failing to get the abyssal maps, this is more my speed.

Cleared Hard with low HM units (which today included HK!Marth and Veronica. Poor enemies, 4* Julius just ate the map barring the flier.)

Did Lunatic with M!Robin, Canas, Saias and B!Ike. Barring switching off TA3 for once (Because Jamke 1-shot Robin with Astra despite Saias ploying him) it was fine.

I managed to get Infernal on a technicality. I started with Nino, Eirika, HK!Marth and Dorcas (All of which have fire blessings except for Dorcas who didn't need it) after about a dozen failures with about 5 different team compositions. I start by having Nino tank and 1-round the mages thanks to Eirika's buffs, Fury 3 and the fire blessing while Dorcas and Marth move out of the way. The next turn I decide to experiment with putting Dorcas in range of the flier (with boosted defence from Eirika's rally), which I expect to fail as Jamke is in range and has Astra to blow up everyone. Instead, Dorcas manages to 1-round Jamke (Which naturally surprised me) after taking "only 40 damage", tanks the flier for a grand total of 0 damage and leaves the cav scratching his head as he arrives to see the boss dead and a small child having stabbed the mages to death. Eirika and Marth wreck the cav and while the knight takes time to come over it gets bombarded by Nino and slain by Marth, ending this map. Did it first this time.

49 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

On the other hand, it's well worth noting that releasing good unit after good unit is unsustainable in the long run and that the designers and developers have taken notice.

It doesn't hurt the game to release a mediocre unit now and then to fill out the roster. It would be a tragedy if years from now, they finally release Dolph and Macellan and they are required to eclipse Zelgius and Hector (all of the Hectors) in power simply because new units are forced to be competitive.

That said, I do hope they do this more often, but by inserting new mediocre units with good skills directly into the 3-star and 4-star pool, as this would help alleviate the ongoing issue that new skills end up with low availability even if the skills themselves only have niche usefulness (*cough* Atk/Res Bond *cough*).

I mean he doesn't even have to be a great unit or whatever just have something that distinguishes him. Also I don't think they've released a mediocre/bad banner unit in a year or more, these forgettable units are nearly always free.  Banner units always are either good/great, fulfill a niche, introduce a new skill, have a unique skill or PRF weapon.  

It's also brutal for people whose favorite character finally gets added, a character that isn't quite popular enough to ever get an alt so this is all you get, and it sucks and has no reason to exist except foddering off to better units for skills.  I mean Canas fans have been waiting forever, and they had him along...Raigh just with a different face.  

If they are going to release mediocre units with good skills to fodder at lower rarity make them alts, at least fans of those characters will have a good or multiple good versions of them to fall back on.

Jamke wasn't too difficult, that guidance flier took me by surprise at first, but otherwise I cleared things with normal Eirika, Reinhardt, Olwen, and PA!Azura once I figured out how to position everyone correctly.

2 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Does anyone else find it a little ironic that Jamke is often one of the biggest pains in the ass to recruit in FE4, but among the easiest GHBs?

I actually had little problems recruiting him. Ayra was much harder to recruit IMO. 

@mampfoid Nice clear! Initiating the fight by hitting the Axe Armor is the simplest way to do it, really.

Azura leaves the mage with ~5 HP, iirc. Maybe if Minerva had Hone or Tana had Goad equipped.

@kirauza343 That poor Sword Cav really got slammed by that Ignis bomb. Was the positioning assist maneuver through the trees for baiting purposes?

Can IS please stop making all these anti-horse maps? I prefer using a horse team as my main team, but I can't do that when they keep throwing out these maps that have tons of trees and trenches. And it feels like every other new map is completely anti-horse. It's like IS really hates them or something. What's their beef with them? They're not too OP or anything. I'm not that good with any teams except horses, and I can't at all use them on this map because of the trees and stuff.

Also, it looks to me like that lance flier's Guidance is working on units that are three spaces away, not just two. And even if this isn't a bug, I can't seem to prevent her from letting other units swoop in and kill mine. Not sure why anyone is saying this is easy or found it easy... I guess unless you use fliers, maybe? But then Jamke would just kill them all easily, so...

Edited by Anacybele

Gonna have to watch some of the video clears later when I have the time. I was honestly surprised by how basic these maps felt. But no complaints here. I did infernal first, and it only took two tries. Though maybe it's just because Abyssal was so terrible in comparison. (I only wasted my time on Marth's Abyssal map anyways since I don't like the swim goggles anyways. Not worth the headache. But Lucius needed the golden barrette.)

Used my usual team: Raven, Lucius, Mia, and Micaiah.  Haven't made a video clear in a long time, but I haven't had the motivation to do so. Sorry. Heheh... There wasn't really anything all that spectacular about this year anyway. Attack the knight, retreat, and let everything else fall into place.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Can IS please stop making all these anti-horse maps? I prefer using a horse team as my main team, but I can't do that when they keep throwing out these maps that have tons of trees and trenches. And it feels like every other new map is completely anti-horse. It's like IS really hates them or something. What's their beef with them? They're not too OP or anything. I'm not that good with any teams except horses, and I can't at all use them on this map because of the trees and stuff.

Also, it looks to me like that lance flier's Guidance is working on units that are three spaces away, not just two. And even if this isn't a bug, I can't seem to prevent her from letting other units swoop in and kill mine. Not sure why anyone is saying this is easy or found it easy... I guess unless you use fliers, maybe? But then Jamke would just kill them all easily, so...

If you have a red flier, like Palla, Elincia, or Ryoma, you can put them in the far right column and try to bait the pegasus to go that way, which puts it out of range of Guidance. Elincia with Escutcheon as her Special skill might even be able to kill the pegasus without dying. Maybe Ryoma, too, though he'll probably want to do it on enemy phase.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you have a red flier, like Palla, Elincia, or Ryoma, you can put them in the far right column and try to bait the pegasus to go that way, which puts it out of range of Guidance. Elincia with Escutcheon as her Special skill might even be able to kill the pegasus without dying. Maybe Ryoma, too, though he'll probably want to do it on enemy phase.

That wouldn't work at all, Jamke would obviously kill any fliers you bring in the battle. If not on the first turn, then later on.

Just now, bottlegnomes said:

There's the Iote's Shield seal.

Except Jamke has Astra charged right at the beginning and that skill does a lot of damage. Iote's Shield isn't going to help much there.

The number of trees was certainly annoying, but still managed to complete Infernal with my usual non-dancer team (Eliwood/Cecilia/Nowi/Clarine). Nowi narrowly tanked the Astra and ORKO'd Jamke in return.

Funny how Infernal feels like nothing after handling the 80+ hp units on the Abyssal LHBs.

6 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

...This is the hardest GHB I've ever seen. Because of the trees and that stupid Astra and Guidance. I can't understand at all why anyone found this easy. I literally cannot find anyone that can live a single hit from Jamke or double and kill him before he attacks.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Can't. He's too bulky and no one can double him. Not even my fastest units.

Neutra Palla with fury, a goad fliers, and either a speed refine or the drive speed seal can double him.

This is harder than Valter and Takumi?

Edited by bottlegnomes

7 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Neutra Palla with fury, a goad fliers, and either a speed refine or the drive speed seal can double him.

This is harder than Valter and Takumi?

Except she dies to him because she's a flier. Or somehow if not, she dies to something else nearby. Jamke is always next to some allies. Also, I don't have a neutral Palla with those skills. She also can't get refines since gem weapons can't be refined.

Yes. Those two I was at least able to, you know, beat. Also, I didn't lose them on the first turn in near every single attempt.

Edited by Anacybele

40 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Was the positioning assist maneuver through the trees for baiting purposes?

The initial bit with Celica and Cherche? When I was messing around it seemed like the best way to keep them out of range of Jamke's regular and guidance range while getting them close enough so that Cherche could take out the flier. Also when I was first getting the positioning right I wanted Marisa to have all the drives they could give her just to make sure she could survive both Jamke and the sword cavalier...would've been an easy fix if she couldn't but still.