Grand Hero Battle: Jamke

mampfoid

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I literally cannot find anyone that can live a single hit from Jamke or double and kill him before he attacks.

That is true. He took out my Hector (44 def, 49 hp) with one shot. I used the Reinhardt with moonbow and quickened pulse seal. The brave effect combined with quickened pulse guarantees that the moonbow will process before the counter attack. It might even work with a brave bow even though his defense is higher than his resistance. A fast ranged unit with desperation active could also probably do it. If you have a unit that can handle the magic on the left, you could use reciprocal aid to get the other unit into desperation range.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Anacybele said:

Except she dies to him because she's a flier.

Yes. Those two I was at least able to, you know, beat. Also, I didn't lose them on the first turn in near every single attempt.

Do you have Reinhardt, Lyn, Camus, and Xander built? I just cleared it with them. My Rein is a bit OP (+7 +def/-res), but otherwise they're all pretty basic setups. Only thing is maybe Xander and Camus are +3 though that shouldn't make a difference.

1 minute ago, bottlegnomes said:

Do you have Reinhardt, Lyn, Camus, and Xander built? I just cleared it with them. My Rein is a bit OP (+7 +def/-res), but otherwise they're all pretty basic setups. Only thing is maybe Xander and Camus are +3 though that shouldn't make a difference.

Horses don't work for me here. The trees prevent them from going just about anywhere.

Just now, bottlegnomes said:

Move everyone to the left and use positioning skills.

Fjorm also survives Jamke.

Kind of hard when half my team starts out on the far right.

No she doesn't, I tried using her.

2 minutes ago, Tree said:

Cavalry shouldn't be a problem by itself. If you are only using melee cavalry, that could be rough though.

I'm not. My horse team is Frederick, Ephraim, Sigurd, and Reinhardt. So I do have a ranged horse there.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No she doesn't, I tried using her.

As long as he's not within drive range of the cav, yes she does. He can't double her and shield pulse and ice mirror lets her survive, albeit with like 5 HP. In return, she can bring him down to about 12 HP with the QR seal.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Kind of hard when half my team starts out on the far right.

It's really not.

As long as he's not within drive range of the cav, yes she does. He can't double her and shield pulse and ice mirror lets her survive, albeit with like 5 HP. In return, she can bring him down to about 12 HP with the QR seal.

It's really not.

5 HP = she dies to something else the next turn.

It is, because I've tried that exact thing and no matter what, someone was Guidance'd over and killed one of my units.

Move everyone to the left and use positioning skills.

Fjorm also survives Jamke.

Really? Did it require defensive buffs, a tree or perhaps both?

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Reinhardt. So I do have a ranged horse there.

My Reinhardt has 47 base attack. I just tried it with the quickened pulse / moonbow combination and it worked. I disabled death blow entirely and did not use any buffs at all, not even hone cavalry. If you can get 47 attack on your Reinhardt (you can use attack +3 A skill, death blow,  hone cavalry, or some combination to get there) then that should take him out in one strike. You might not even need 47 total attack (after buffs). The quickened pulse and moonbow on Reinhardt basically one-shots anything. I met one in arena that even took out my distance counter Myrrh.

2 minutes ago, Tree said:

My Reinhardt has 47 base attack. I just tried it with the quickened pulse / moonbow combination and it worked. I disabled death blow entirely and did not use any buffs at all, not even hone cavalry. If you can get 47 attack on your Reinhardt (you can use attack +3 A skill, death blow,  hone cavalry, or some combination to get there) then that should take him out in one strike. You might not even need 47 total attack (after buffs). The quickened pulse and moonbow on Reinhardt basically one-shots anything. I met one in arena that even took out my distance counter Myrrh.

Except how would I get Reinhardt to reach Jamke before he's Guidance'd across the map and kills him first? Also, mine doesn't have Moonbow.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

someone was Guidance'd over and killed one of my units.

Have Palla run to the bottom right corner of the map to keep the pegasus away from everything else. Jamke won't be able to reach her there because he's slowed by the trees.

And you can Wings of Mercy with Palla to get her out of the corner once the pegasus gets too close.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Have Palla run to the bottom right corner of the map to keep the pegasus away from everything else. Jamke won't be able to reach her there because he's slowed by the trees.

And you can Wings of Mercy with Palla to get her out of the corner once the pegasus gets too close.

So Palla can then get killed by the lance peg or someone else? :/

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

So Palla can then get killed by the lance peg or someone else? :/

The lance pegasus will be chasing her to the corner and shouldn't be in range to do anything to her if you teleport her far enough away.

She can also take hits from the axe armor if you need to put her somewhere in range of an enemy.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The lance pegasus will be chasing her to the corner and shouldn't be in range to do anything to her if you teleport her far enough away.

She can also take hits from the axe armor if you need to put her somewhere in range of an enemy.

If I can teleport her. I probably won't because my other units will be dead.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If I can teleport her. I probably won't because my other units will be dead.

Your units can't be dead because that's game over. And if they're almost dead, then you can teleport them.

And you can get Fjorm almost dead pretty easily, apparently.

How about actually trying before saying it won't work.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I'm 2 5 stars away from 3 +10 units

Are you proud!?

Of course I'm proud. Now come join the Dark Side so that you can finish those +10's.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Your units can't be dead because that's game over. And if they're almost dead, then you can teleport them.

And you can get Fjorm almost dead pretty easily, apparently.

How about actually trying before saying it won't work.

Uh, obviously.

Yeah, and then she WILL be dead the next turn. I've tried.

Like I said, I have tried.

@mampfoid Nice as always. I knew for sure that you'd go with Flier Emblem for this map with all the trees and stuff. It's funny how Hinoka was there as filler, as she didn't do anything.

@kirauza343 Micaiah absolutely destroyed this map! That overkill on the Red mage was very sweet. 

- - -

@SatsumaFSoysoy @Zeo @Aera @Khid @Rafiel's Aria @Usana @DefyingFates

After dealing with two Abyssal maps (I got too tired to upload the F!Grima battles) having an easy map was a nice change of pace and both me and Eirika appreciate having an easy map that she can solo with little trouble. This took 2 tries because I tried to clear it after waking up but that made me ignore that the Sword cavalier had Pass and he suicided into Cordelia the first time. 

8 minutes ago, Tree said:

Really? Did it require defensive buffs, a tree or perhaps both?

She was on a tree, but I didn't think those boosted defense in Heroes. She's +1, but that boosts HP and attack so that wouldn't make a significant difference. Otherwise, it's the neutral one with her base kit + QR seal and a reposition she never uses.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

5 HP = she dies to something else the next turn.

It is, because I've tried that exact thing and no matter what, someone was Guidance'd over and killed one of my units.

She doesn't get attacked again.

I used trees to my advantage when I had sword Eirika draw back my Reinhardt so that she was on a forest tile while he was right on the edge of it. Putting them in that formation meant that neither of them were in the range of Jamke-in-your-face-because-guidance-flier, and Reinhardt got buffs from Eirika and that let him take out Jamke on the following turn. I assume a dancer who is not-green (and preferably a flier) would help in taking out the other half of the map. I just used double Dire Thunder with Olwen and Reinhardt, but I don't think both of them are necessary, as long as the not-Reinhardt mage (doesn't even have to be cavalry) can kill things without being killed.

I had not trouble with the first two difficulties, though I had to improvise a bit with Infernal. I gave my Nowi Miracle so she could survive Astra and kill Jamke while Fjorm handled the mages.

I never write off Infernal as “easy”, because it almost never is aside from Linus’s. This is was no exception as it took a at least five attempts of trial and error, but it didn’t have the “almost impossible” feel that others had like Takumi, Julius, and all of the LHBs. I felt like it was “solvable”; I simply needed fine tuning to my team rather than praying that one of my units survives an onslaught of foes. 

44 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, obviously.

Yeah, and then she WILL be dead the next turn. I've tried.

Like I said, I have tried.

And I have tried. Do you have these available to you?

+0 Fjorm [=] (vanilla + Quick Riposte 2 Sacred Seal)
+0 Reinhardt [+Atk, not -Def, not -HP] (vanilla + Death Blow 3)
+0 Palla [whatever] (vanilla)
+0 Some Staffbot [whatever] (Some staff with 1 Range)

If Reinhardt isn't +Atk, you can give him the Attack +3 Sacred Seal. If Reinhardt only has Death Blow 2, give Palla the Spur Atk 1 or Drive Atk 1 Sacred Seal.

My Reinhardt is +10, so I nerfed some of his skills to simulate a +0. My Palla is +Atk, but it shouldn't matter since she barely fights.

U8ZlwL3.jpg

From left to right, start with Staffbot, Fjorm, Reinhardt, and Palla.

Player Phase 1

• Palla moves 2 square down into the forest.
  • Staffbot moves diagonal left-down.
  • Fjorm move 2 squares left right above Staffbot.
  • Reinhardt moves as far left as possible, in the square to the right of Fjorm.

Enemy Phase 1

• The blue knight suicides on Fjorm (32/39 HP).
  • The red mage suicides on Fjorm (25/39 HP).
  • The lance pegasus moves 2 squares down.
  • Jamke teleports to the right side of the lance pegasus.
  • The axe armor and sword knight move.

Player Phase 2

• Palla moves diagonally up-left to stand 3 squares below Jamke.
  • Reinhardt kills Jamke.
  • Fjorm moves 1 square to the left.
  • Staffbot moves 1 square to the left and heals Fjorm (39/39 HP).

Enemy Phase 2

• The lance pegasus attacks Reinhardt (2/38 HP).
  • The sword knight suicides on Fjorm (31/39 HP).
  • The axe armor moves to the left side of the lance pegasus.

Player Phase 3

• Reinhardt moves as far left as he can.
  • Palla moves as far down as she can.
  • Staffbot heals Fjorm.

Enemy Phase 3

• The lance pegasus moves straight down at Palla.
  • The axe armor moves down at Reinhardt.

Player Phase 4

• Reinhardt moves above Fjorm.
  • Palla teleports to the right of Reinhardt to get in range of the axe armor.
  • Fjorm moves below Palla to get in range of the lance pegasus.

Enemy Phase 4

• The axe armor attacks Palla (Palla: 37/42 HP, axe armor: 52/76 HP).
  • The lance pegasus suicides on Fjorm (9/39 HP).

Player Phase 5

• FINISH HIM! Reinhardt should have Blazing Thunder charged for a kill.
Edited by Ice Dragon