Grand Hero Battle: Jamke

mampfoid

On 24.2.2019 at 1:14 PM, mcsilas said:

Celica clear was also nice, I love the use of Blazing Light and of course, your signature WoM move appears in the end!

Thanks! That was Escape Route btw. ;-) 

On 24.2.2019 at 1:14 PM, mcsilas said:

Also I know I already did videos, but I finally solved some of the other themes I had in mind.

Those are some wild themes, wish I had your fantasy ;-) 

Mostly unequipped Myrrh was surprising, but I know that Fury hampers her ability to stay in QR range. That's why I run steady stance on her. 

Nice to see blue Olwen, one of the few launch units I'm still missing. Slaying Lance on Finn seems to work well. Also interesting way to get a fast and big Ignis from Leif. 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/26/2019 at 12:00 AM, mampfoid said:

Thanks! That was Escape Route btw. ;-) 

Those are some wild themes, wish I had your fantasy ;-) 

Mostly unequipped Myrrh was surprising, but I know that Fury hampers her ability to stay in QR range. That's why I run steady stance on her. 

Nice to see blue Olwen, one of the few launch units I'm still missing. Slaying Lance on Finn seems to work well. Also interesting way to get a fast and big Ignis from Leif. 

Ah right, I was sleepy and I saw sudden warping. Still I always associate warping the most with you (and maybe Zeo's Amelia :P)

As for Myrrh, that and also I'm waiting for the next update to get 4 skills from DC fodder.

Finn is pretty nice offensively and without the Speed drop. Maybe one day I'll have Leif with Dorcas and L!Hector for instant Ignis lol

also forgot to tag @Landmaster and @daisy jane for Myrrh stuff 

Edited by mcsilas

On 2/24/2019 at 7:14 AM, mcsilas said:

Also I know I already did videos, but I finally solved some of the other themes I had in mind.

First is a Tree/Forest Emblem clear.

Team is +Res/-Atk Deirdre, +HP/-Spd Leo, +Atk/-Spd Adult Tiki and +Atk/-HP Myrrh.

Music is Nature's Breath from Samurai Shodown 3 soundtrack.

-So these units are related to trees/forests- Deirdre is the Lady of the Forest, Leo summons trees through Brynhildr, Adult Tiki was in slumber on top of the Mila Tree in Awakening and Myrrh lived in Darkling Woods (and her name is related to resin from trees). Too bad I didn't have Leanne/Reyson, they would really fit this theme but it's nice to clear a map without a dancer.

-Tiki needed her Res Lightning Breath so the red mage would stay away from the right side. 

-Leo needed his native Savage Blow to make it easier for Myrrh to deal with the pegasus knight, dealing exact damage Bonfire in return.

-Deirdre also gets to show off her new refine, I love the extra stats to make up for her -Atk.

---

Next is a Thracia clear.

Team is neutral Finn, +Res/-HP Leif, +Atk/-HP Nanna and +Def/-Res Olwen.

Music is Insanity of Dominator from Fate Apocrypha soundtrack.

Good old Desperation saves Olwen from eating an Astra. That skills is too rare these days though. QP + S Drink Leif is fun, and everyone played their part well in the clear.

Naked Myrrh strikes again~ Really nice theme clear, Quick Riposte Emblem! Haha, but really good since these are slower units, they get to do a lot of damage~ Nice seeing Deirdre's refine and clever strategy with Res LB on Tiki~ Well done!

Loved the Thracia Theme, I love all these units and don't have two of them so they're nice to see, they all chipped in and worked well as a team~ The music was also really fitting~ Wasn't expecting Olwen to be having a Bladetome, that was pretty cool~ Think this will be my favorite of your Jamke theme teams~

• 5 months later...

@Zeo @Landmaster @mampfoid@daisy jane @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @Ginko @Nanima @NegativeExponents- @DLNarshen (it's Julius clear! Also forgot to tag you in the Julius GHB)

So Jamke GHB. I was struggling to come up with a theme...then a thought while looking at the mark on his forehead- aren't there a few units with forehead marks? And thus, this clear was born!

Team is neutral Julius, +Res/-HP Fae, +Spd/-Def Soren and neutral Aversa. All characters with markings on their foreheads.

Music is Origin of Mind from the King of Fighters 1997.

-That's right, it's a Forehead Mark Emblem! Soren, Fae and Julius have red marks on the middle of the forehead while Aversa has more spread out markings (tattoos?).

-Draw Back was the name of the game here. Trees are kind of annoying to navigate, and with Aversa in my team, Jamke had to go FAST. Guidance was annoying, so I had this crazy idea to let Guidance work against Jamke as he warps right in front of Aversa. Out comes Fae + Julius to quickly delete the archer (with Atk support from Soren).

-Sword cav annoyingly had more Res than I wanted, since my team would all hit Res. Had to make sure red mage targets Julius instead of Fae, since with Fury recoil she can't survive both red mage and cav. Fae needed Spd/Res bond for this to work, and Julius luckily would have his special charged to deal good damage to the swordie. Aversa also needed Aerobatics to help with the sword cav, but only after Soren uses Draw Back to completely block the blue mage.

---

Now for a last minute clear, after unexpectedly (and finally) getting a Quan before the Drive Atk banner ended, I can finally do an Earth Emblem clear that I always dreamed of. Kind of fitting it's on a Genealogy map!

Team is +Res/-Spd Quan (wields the 'Earth Lance' Gae Bolg,), +Atk/-HP Nanna (Has the Earth Sword in Thracia, which is like an Absorb Sword), +HP/-Spd Leo (Brynhildr creates trees) and +Res/-Atk Deirdre (she is the Lady of the Forest)

Music is Avatar Kyoshi from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

-Insert the usual 'forest maps are annoying for cav teams' complaint here. I wanted to quickly delete Jamke but he was hiding in the forests so Quan can't quite reach him (that's a little Quan tongue twister), so had to resort in baiting the other units somehow. Ended up using Deirdre and her massive Res to initiate with the mages, though I gave her -Atk self more oomph with the Fierce Stance seal to quickly KO the blue mage.

-Technically Nanna would have liked using her Dazzling Pain staff more on this clear for AoE damage but for the Earth theme's sake, I used her native Absorb staff (also @Zeo's Serra made me want to use it more) to echo the Earth Sword she has in Thracia.

Sadly Wrathful Absorb+ still quite isn't enough for this map so I used Dazzling to help do chip damage against Jamke. Plus AoE heals are fun to watch. She also helped with tanking the lance flier for a bit, blocking her from reaching Deirdre (thank goodness for Nanna's speed bulk).

-Quan's Atk stat is amazing and I relied on him to hit hard, since the Leo/Nanna's Atk stats aren't amazing and Deirdre is -Atk. Gae Bolg Atk buff is quite nice to use actually, and his Drive Atk helped the team do a little more damage which is appreciated. Leo was mostly support with double Savage Blow since there wasn't much room to use Gravity tome shenanigans. 

@mcsilas Well that's certainly a unique theme!  Jamke can be quite annoying on this map, and it was nice to see Julius land the decisive blow on him (as well as being very active in general).  

Glad to see you're enjoying Quan.  He's super strong even without merges, and he shows it off well here.  

On 8/20/2019 at 3:08 PM, mcsilas said:

So Jamke GHB. I was struggling to come up with a theme...then a thought while looking at the mark on his forehead- aren't there a few units with forehead marks? And thus, this clear was born!

Another original theme and curious move to bring Soren into position for the blue mage. It's really a deep forest. 

On 8/20/2019 at 3:08 PM, mcsilas said:

Now for a last minute clear, after unexpectedly (and finally) getting a Quan before the Drive Atk banner ended, I can finally do an Earth Emblem clear that I always dreamed of. Kind of fitting it's on a Genealogy map!

Congrats (again?) for getting Quan. Why did you want him again? 

This one looked difficult, congrats managing the tight space with the large cavs. Taking out Jamke took the effort of the whole team. 

Leon missed to kill the sword cav by 1, but at least he got to finish the final fridge. 

On 8/20/2019 at 9:08 AM, mcsilas said:

Team is neutral Julius, +Res/-HP Fae, +Spd/-Def Soren and neutral Aversa. All characters with markings on their foreheads.

Music is Origin of Mind from the King of Fighters 1997.

-That's right, it's a Forehead Mark Emblem! Soren, Fae and Julius have red marks on the middle of the forehead while Aversa has more spread out markings (tattoos?).

-Draw Back was the name of the game here. Trees are kind of annoying to navigate, and with Aversa in my team, Jamke had to go FAST. Guidance was annoying, so I had this crazy idea to let Guidance work against Jamke as he warps right in front of Aversa. Out comes Fae + Julius to quickly delete the archer (with Atk support from Soren).

-Sword cav annoyingly had more Res than I wanted, since my team would all hit Res. Had to make sure red mage targets Julius instead of Fae, since with Fury recoil she can't survive both red mage and cav. Fae needed Spd/Res bond for this to work, and Julius luckily would have his special charged to deal good damage to the swordie. Aversa also needed Aerobatics to help with the sword cav, but only after Soren uses Draw Back to completely block the blue mage.

---

Team is +Res/-Spd Quan (wields the 'Earth Lance' Gae Bolg,), +Atk/-HP Nanna (Has the Earth Sword in Thracia, which is like an Absorb Sword), +HP/-Spd Leo (Brynhildr creates trees) and +Res/-Atk Deirdre (she is the Lady of the Forest)

Music is Avatar Kyoshi from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

-Insert the usual 'forest maps are annoying for cav teams' complaint here. I wanted to quickly delete Jamke but he was hiding in the forests so Quan can't quite reach him (that's a little Quan tongue twister), so had to resort in baiting the other units somehow. Ended up using Deirdre and her massive Res to initiate with the mages, though I gave her -Atk self more oomph with the Fierce Stance seal to quickly KO the blue mage.

-Technically Nanna would have liked using her Dazzling Pain staff more on this clear for AoE damage but for the Earth theme's sake, I used her native Absorb staff (also @Zeo's Serra made me want to use it more) to echo the Earth Sword she has in Thracia.

Sadly Wrathful Absorb+ still quite isn't enough for this map so I used Dazzling to help do chip damage against Jamke. Plus AoE heals are fun to watch. She also helped with tanking the lance flier for a bit, blocking her from reaching Deirdre (thank goodness for Nanna's speed bulk).

-Quan's Atk stat is amazing and I relied on him to hit hard, since the Leo/Nanna's Atk stats aren't amazing and Deirdre is -Atk. Gae Bolg Atk buff is quite nice to use actually, and his Drive Atk helped the team do a little more damage which is appreciated. Leo was mostly support with double Savage Blow since there wasn't much room to use Gravity tome shenanigans. 

First clear looked really fun with all those warping shenanigans~ You really used your positioning well for this one~ Really cool theme, too~

Jugdral themes are always fun~ Deirdre's Res tanking proved really helpful and Gravity with Leo is always some nice support~ Also love seeing Quaaann~ He deserves more love~ I also love all the "What should I do?" from the ladies~