Waleed's Sprite Gallery

Waleed

3 hours ago, Waleed said:

Wow, this is really awesome..Β 

thanks, however i just mixed up FE with Kingdom Hearts sprites, so it's not exactly an original artwork. it's just a fusion between Mattew's cloths, Cloud's portrait and an armor part borrowed from Garret. it's all GBA material, so to say.

except for re-coloring the clothes and customizingΒ the metal armor, you can find the rest of the main sprites easily on the internet.

as for the colors, i think there's at least a minimum of 12~13 colors between main colors, details and shadows for sure. the background is in PNG thou, except for few pixels near the shoulder that i had to paint white in order to fix the armor part. i think they can easily be removed thou, if necessary.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Fenreir said:

thanks, however i just mixed up FE with Kingdom Hearts sprites, so it's not exactly an original artwork. it's just a fusion between Mattew's cloths, Cloud's portrait and an armor part borrowed from Garret. it's all GBA material, so to say.

except for re-coloring the clothes and customizingΒ the metal armor, you can find the rest of the main sprites easily on the internet.

as for the colors, i think there's at least a minimum of 12~13 colors between main colors, details and shadows for sure. the background is in PNG thou, except for few pixels near the shoulder that i had to paint white in order to fix the armor part. i think they can easily be removed thou, if necessary.

Yeah but still its really good..Β :):

alright, i managed to remove some extra pixels here and there, while changing the resolution a bit.

it should be fine for now.Β i also made a little extra while i was at it:

-standard version:

KH_Cloud.png

-animated:

KH_Cloud_animex.gif

Β 

Β 

Β 

it's been years since i've used ImageReady...

28 minutes ago, Fenreir said:

alright, i managed to remove some extra pixels here and there, while changing the resolution a bit.

it should be fine for now.Β i also made a little extra while i was at it:

-standard version:

KH_Cloud.png

-animated:

KH_Cloud_animex.gif

Β 

Β 

Β 

it's been years since i've used ImageReady...

Sorry, but that's still too many colors.

I've decided it would be a good idea to make you a version with the correct amount of colors (as well as Sacred Stones-style border coloring).

cloud_srpg_by_vonithipathachai-dcnlk3l.p

It is compatible as-is with SRPG Studio, but if you want to use it in a Fire Emblem hack, you will need to make your own blinking frames, talking frames, and mini portrait for it, like so:

vincenzo_gba_by_vonithipathachai-dcksm32

Tip: Usenti is your friend.Β  It's a program that specializes in editing these kinds of sprites and will tell you how many colors are present in them.

it's alright, i'm not really into working with FE hacks anyway, so i'll just leave the customizations to someone else if they're interested in it. i just made the animated portrait for fun.

i gotta be honest thou:Β your version of that avatar isΒ way more polished than mine, i should have chosen a different position for the border line to make the avatarΒ more clear when i was working in Photoshop( or perhaps just leave the image as it was without the black border line ).Β you did a good job.

Β 

[edit] i decided to work again on the image, and i managed to polish it even further by reducing the amount of colors a bit, along with pixels. now it should really be alright:

KH-Cloud.png

Edited by Fenreir

5 minutes ago, Fenreir said:

it's alright, i'm not really into working with FE hacks anyway, so i'll just leave the customizations to someone else if they're interested in it. i just made the animated portrait for fun.

i gotta be honest thou:Β your version of that avatar isΒ way more polished than mine, i should have chosen a different position for the border line to make the avatarΒ more clear when i was working in Photoshop( or perhaps just leave the image as it was without the black border line ).Β you did a good job.

Thanks.Β  Now, back to our regularly scheduled requesting.

I wasΒ thinking something similar to how I really look, but since posing my likeness on a forum is a pretty bad idea, this Awakening Avatar should give you a good idea. I encourage you to pick a shade of brown you feel fits the piece best.

Spoiler

5ba81826ee38e_RobinDesignedbyPeaceToBeDeletedLater.png.c5e9a0569c2bbb41434434478dd4c0ba.png

As for the clothing, Fire Emblem's priest and monk characters have always spoken to me so they'd be my preference. Saul's, Lucius's, and Artur's clothes are my favorites but all of them speak to me in different ways so I feel you should go ahead and pick one based on what you'd have fun with. White makes sense for the primary color, but I'm flexible with secondary colors.

Thanks again for your time, and I hope I've given you enough enough information. Most of all, I hope the picture reflects your creativity and talent!

Edited by PeaceRibbon

On 24/09/2018 at 4:09 AM, PeaceRibbon said:

I wasΒ thinking something similar to how I really look, but since posing my likeness on a forum is a pretty bad idea, this Awakening Avatar should give you a good idea. I encourage you to pick a shade of brown you feel fits the piece best.

Β  Reveal hidden contents

5ba81826ee38e_RobinDesignedbyPeaceToBeDeletedLater.png.c5e9a0569c2bbb41434434478dd4c0ba.png

As for the clothing, Fire Emblem's priest and monk characters have always spoken to me so they'd be my preference. Saul's, Lucius's, and Artur's clothes are my favorites but all of them speak to me in different ways so I feel you should go ahead and pick one based on what you'd have fun with. White makes sense for the primary color, but I'm flexible with secondary colors.

Thanks again for your time, and I hope I've given you enough enough information. Most of all, I hope the picture reflects your creativity and talent!

Here is your portrait. I hope you like it.

Robb.png.bbb0a467e5212477bc4412ba55926c93.png

Oh wow that's awesome! You bet I'm switching to this for a profile picture soon! I'll leave your name in my signatureΒ too. Thank you!

Edited by PeaceRibbon
Description to signature. That would be awkward.

On 28/09/2018 at 2:14 AM, Zeldacrafter_Swagg said:

Yo ! You're really talented ! If it's not too much, could you please try to do a Gregor (From Awakening) portrait ? He's my favorite character from this game ! Talking and blinking frames would be great, but I guess it's fine without them...

Thanks in advance !

Sorry mate I can't draw it anytime soon I'm pretty busy these days so maybe I'll draw it sometime later.

Could you do an Archer Lowen portrait? with Wil's armor but Rebecca's armor color? That would be cool.

Could I also use it for my YT channel? With proper credit of course.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2018 at 7:25 AM, Waleed said:

Sorry mate I can't draw it anytime soon I'm pretty busy these days so maybe I'll draw it sometime later.

Quoted for notification.

• 2 months later...

I see I’m a little bit too late on this, but if you’re still doing the portraits, Waleed, might you do some for me? I’ll put down them below:

Β 

The CorrinxCamilla!Female Kana.

The F!CorrinxKaden!Male Kana.

Female Corrin.

Chrobin!Male Morgan.

My OC Iniabi (who I have as Morgan’s son, and in my works, he looks similar to his father and inherits his dark blue hair, only it’s slightly curled, he has light skin and green eyes, and he wears Robin’s old tactician coat, which she passed down to her grandson).

SumiaxHenry!Cynthia.

Xion from Kingdom Hearts.

Β 

If you could do all of them, or even just one of them, that’d be highly appreciated and thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

So, one of the units in my rom is a Mauthe Doog, and FE8 doesn't really have a sprite for something like that. Is there a way you could make me a simple portrait for that, if you want you don't have to make the mouth move. I'm fine if you keep it as a still frame.