New summoning banner: Doorway to Destiny

Corrobin

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Japanese video. I'll let one of these threads live, I guess.

Cuan

• Gae Bolg references the fact that he is killed by Trabant, who is a flier, as well as the fact that Gae Bolg's epithet is the "Lance of Earth".
  • Dual Rally+ looks interesting and kind of broken.

Sylvia

• Of the three Heroes on the banner, she's the only one with only four skills, so she's the likely 4-star drop.
  • Barrier Blade+ is Berkut's Lance+ as a sword.

Levn

• Holsety has Desperation, but activating above 50% HP instead of below 75% HP.
  • Special Spiral is Dark Mystletainn as a skill.
  • Voiced by Koyasu.

Ethlin

• Mentioned as the Tempest Trials reward in the Twitter post.
  • Is staff cavalry.
Edited by Ice Dragon

Moving my post over here, don't mind me.  I already love this.

Kind of ironic that Quan's weapon is not that good against fliers. It looks great IMO.  Also Rally Spd/Def+, bringing assists to next level??? Oh boy...

Silvia is like a reverse Lene with that weapon, can she block dragons now?

And Lewyn, our voices have been heard! Forseti with a built in desperation is nice, Special Spiral 3 offers you the chance to run some higher cost specials, this is glimmer left and right. I'd love to try this.

3 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Special Spiral 3 offers you the chance to run some higher cost specials, this is glimmer left and right. I'd love to try this.

First thing that came to mind for me was using the AoE specials with Heavy Blade, you'd be ready to go every time you initiate

Welp. Honestly, I think everyone was expecting fe4 g1 due to jamka. As for the actual units, they look interesting, but I'm honestly going to spend the free orbs frying to get a brave lyn who is not -spd. Quan looks nice, but I already have 4 lance cavs, 3 of whom are good at offence. Sylvia is too similar to olivia, who I already have at +5 (and I have other dancers who can fill her other niches, like good res and potentialy runiing earth dance and a hone skill). Levin looks nice with that b skill and the reverse desperation, but I have a lot of great offensive infantry mages already.

2 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

And Lewyn, our voices have been heard! Forseti with a built in desperation is nice, Special Spiral 3 offers you the chance to run some higher cost specials, this is glimmer left and right. I'd love to try this.

THat's not desperation. It is greater than 50% hp (which is way better due to lack of set up IMO)

2 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Hide contents

1536118132322.png

Ethlyn is a staff user. Happy she is here tbh

Hide contents

That makes me think she wil be a TT reward. Might want to hold off on making veronica your free summon until we know more about her

I'm more excited for this banner than I thought I'd be, despite being a little disappointed that Edain and Erinys aren't coming (yet). I think I'll try pulling for Lewyn, he looks really awesome and it'd be nice to have a great green unit like that on my main team. Silvia seems like the most likely candidate to get demoted, but Quan honestly doesn't look all that impressive either. Maybe they'll both demote!

Extremely disappointing and boring banner after we already recently had an FE4 one imo. Easy skip for me. Especially since I have no idea who any of these characters are anyway and I don't care about characters I don't at least have SOME familiarity with. Really didn't expect this to be an FE4 banner at all though. I'm legitimately shocked.

How much longer are fans of Tellius or Sacred Stones or FE6 supposed to wait, IS...? The whole rest of the year? It's been ages since these games got new characters. Seasonal alts are not new characters. And I'm not even interested in FE6, I'm just pointing out that this game HASN'T HAD A SINGLE BANNER PERIOD. I honestly feel bad for the FE6 fans in particular at this point because of that.

Also, a healer as a TT reward? Who wants that? Guess this TT will have some extra feathers for players.

Edited by Anacybele

Lewyn is the only one that interests me, and even then, he has to compete with merged Nino so he's not A-team material. He would be a clear-cut second choice though as all the other green infantry mages are either niche or underwhelming. Quan will be desirable if he drops, but having a single 5* locked copy of him is not appealing. And Silvia to me is a pointless addition. Should have had DC.

Normally I'd say this is free-round then quit material. But I don't think anything other than green is worth opening so I might spend the 15 orbs (or slightly more) sniping green from the very start. I need my final Nino anyway and unless I wait another 2+ weeks, it'll just be this or the Fury banner, zzzz.

1 minute ago, sirmola said:

Reveal hidden contents

That makes me think she wil be a TT reward. Might want to hold off on making veronica your free summon until we know more about her

Actually

Spoiler

According to the twitter post for the event, Ethlyn is confirmed to be a TT reward

2 minutes ago, sirmola said:

She is the tempest reward. It’s said so in the newspost on the bulletin board in-game.

So they went with lovers again? Well one Lewyn's more suggested pairings, Erinys is no where in sight though. Has zero cohesion with the Jamke GHB, the characters come either before or after him chapter-wise.

Silvia so soon? The last Genealogy banner had Leen on it, who is a slightly younger clone of Silvia visually. Sounds to me like they just couldn't help but include the sexiness to get those long hanging orbs. Erinys would have been the better choice here. Reminds me of the BK-Zelgius move.

Not interested sadly, but good for FE4 fans. FE6 on the other hand has once again been majorly spurned. And so has the unrepresented Tellius et al..

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not interested sadly, but good for FE4 fans. FE6 on the other hand has once again been majorly spurned. And so has the unrepresented Tellius et al..

Finally someone else shares my view of this...

Lol Forseti is some mad lad shit. I like how they replicated Lewyn basically never getting hit by making it possible to just stay at full health forever.

Man, Yukana voices Sylvia... I would've thought they'd cast her in a more important role for her debut, but I guess this is one way to get people to pull for Sylvia. @Ice Dragon Are you interested lol?

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Finally someone else shares my view of this...

To be fair, Lewyn was a pretty popular character, and people have been asking for Quan since Leif came. I understand your plight (Yes, I want Kieran or Brom or Edward or Geoffrey or whoever you want from Tellius), but IS listens to both sides of the canvass, and thise banner seems like a JP-focused banner.

Would like Quan for his dual Rally+ skill but he seems to be the most likely to be demoted since he basically has a buffbot kit. (dat Gae Bolg passive effect - too soon)

Sylvia is cute but since she's a dancer, she's likely going to remain 5*-locked (since every refresh that isn't Olivia: Blushing Beauty is 5*-locked/seasonal). No rush in getting her since she's not seasonal.

Lewyn has a ridiculous kit and puts a name to Dark Mystletainn's passive effect (Special Spiral). However, Special Spiral seems to be pretty gimmicky depending on the user's kit due to being a B-skill though it does work well with Lewyn due to his Forseti tome's effect. It can certainly work well with those who have the A Sketchy Summer Desperation weapons. It'd likely not work too well with Lyn due to her mediocre Atk, especially as Wrath helps with her damage output though I guess Special Spiral could work if she's using Bonfire or Iceberg and don't have Wrath. He'll likely remain 5*-locked because of powerful prf, Swift Sparrow, Special Spiral, and Odd Atk Wave.

Overall, this banner's a skip for me. The units are neat/useful but I don't know how many orbs I'd have left once I'm done with the dancer banner. Of the units, I'd be most interested in Quan (for dual Rally+) and Sylvia.

Then there's Ehtlyn, who's confirmed to be the reward unit for the next TT event. A free 5* cavalry healer (she's a staff user if you squint at the trailer). Easy pick for HM farming.

Holy snap, we got Laura Post in FE! 

so sylvia's gonna be dressed up as a ninja nurse in the halloween banner right

also this is the second dancer in a few months that laura's voiced

I might go for Lewyn or Quan because my teams focus too much on girls (curse you, my subconscious! :P), but I'm sorta iffy and thinking if I want to skip or not.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

She is the tempest reward. It’s said so in the newspost on the bulletin board in-game.

Oh. Missed that (somehow). But stil. hold off on summoning veronica.

8 minutes ago, Florete said:
  • Silvia looks to be the demoted unit despite being the only woman on the banner

Not nesesairaly. everyone expected leen to be demoted in her banner, but we got ares instead (thus breaking the rule no characters with legendary weapons are demoted when characters with  non-legendary characters are avalible to demote instead, which had been a thing since forever) . This is especialy likely given that drive atk is the only drive NOT avalible at 4* rarity, and IS seems to like to add spur and drive skills to the 4* pool.

It's a good thing Ethlyn is a TT reward, I love her and I could use more staff cavs. Unfortunately I'm gonna have to skip this banner since unless I'm super lucky, 50 orbs isn't going to get me anything. It's a shame I gotta skip since 3 unit banners are more favourable for getting focus units, after the last few banners I've grown to despise 4 unit banners.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Man, Yukana voices Sylvia... I would've thought they'd cast her in a more important role for her debut, but I guess this is one way to get people to pull for Sylvia. @Ice Dragon Are you interested lol?

I honestly didn't notice until you mentioned it. I'm more used to Yukana's singing voice than her speaking voice.

I'm unfortunately low on budget this month due to the Brave Heroes banner, so I'll only aim for one or two copies of each character, sadly. But the voices are great.

1 minute ago, sirmola said:

(thus breaking the rule no characters with legendary weapons are demoted when characters with  non-legendary characters are avalible to demote instead, which had been a thing since forever)

That was male Morgan, actually.