New summoning banner: Doorway to Destiny

Corrobin

No Blue orbs in the first circle, so I took the single Green and Red orbs (skipped the 3 Colorless), and a +res -hp Silvia popped out. Very nice IV, immediately added her to the fire blessing list, which lacked a dancer and a sufficient number of anti-green dragon killers.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First try, i already knew i was in for a disaster because there was no green in there (i have almost no green units in all star cathegories, i just can't seem to get them at summoning).

The premonition was correct, a bunch of 3* units + a 4* Hinata (like i needed another infantry swordman) that will for sure be used as food for another unit.

I'm not even that attached to getting the new heroes, i just want good greens!

6 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I summoned Lewyn right away, but unfortunately he's +Def/-HP. Gonna try for one with better IVs.

I honestly wouldn't recommend IV hunting as you already have one that's good. It doesn't affect his offense at all

59 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I honestly wouldn't recommend IV hunting as you already have one that's good. It doesn't affect his offense at all

Of the 21 natures:

• 6 have an offensive bane and a defensive boon
  • 6 have an offensive boon and a defensive bane
  • 7 do not affect offensive stats
  • 2 have both a boon and bane in offense

So, depending on how you feel about +Spd/-Atk and +Atk/-Spd, there's 6-8 meaningfully better natures, for about a 1/3 chance of any given Lewyn being better.

Based on my calculations: ignoring pity rate, Lewyn takes an average of 18.8 green orb pulls to get, which costs an average of 123.4 orbs. So if the odds of any given Lewyn having stats you'd like are about 1/3, that's about 370 orbs. Sounds pretty steep to me.

1 hour ago, Azuni said:

No Blue orbs in the first circle, so I took the single Green and Red orbs (skipped the 3 Colorless), and a +res -hp Silvia popped out. Very nice IV, immediately added her to the fire blessing list, which lacked a dancer and a sufficient number of anti-green dragon killers.

This talk of blessings makes me ask, is there any insane madman out there that didn't give Lewyn the wind blessing?

Did 88 pulls, and I'm now done with this banner due to how much I spent on the CYL banner. But holy crap that's a lot of 5-stars:

• 2 Sylvia, the better with [+Atk, -Res]
  • 2 Cuan, one [+Def, -Res], the other neutral
  • 1 Levn, [+Res, -HP]
  • Mystery Tiki
  • Celica, my first spare copy of Distant Def
  • Dark Celica, +6 merge
  • Hinoka, Hone Fliers
  • Larchel

A 11.4% 5-star rate. A small victory over the RNG.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

depending on how you feel about +Spd/-Atk and +Atk/-Spd

The bane of my existence. Of the 12 copies of original Celica I have ever pulled, four of them are [+Spd, -Atk]. One of my Veronicas is [+Atk, -Spd]; the other is [+Spd, -Atk]. Three of my four copies of female Kana are one of those two natures. Fuck this game.

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

You probably got Silvia's best nature. Or is there one that's better?

I personally prefer [+Atk, -Def] on my melee Dancers/Singers. Most have dibs on Distant Counter and they will be running Gem Weapon-Glimmer-Quick Riposte, unless they have an exclusive Weapon, in which they will run Triangle Adept instead. I primarily use them to counter dragons and mages.

I perfer +Atk since it also pairs well with Brave Weapons, but +Spd is fine too, although I would switch to Slaying Weapons instead.

41 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

@Ice Dragon You probably got Silvia's best nature. Or is there one that's better?

Anyways I just realized that Silvia can ploy. This is so epic

I'd go for [+Atk, -Def] or [+Spd, -Def] as slightly better. I typically use my dancers for support rather than combat, so Sylvia's relatively high Res means I'd ideally be running her with a Ploy build. However, I still want an offensive boon due over +Res so she can be an extra attacker or baiter if I need her to be.

12 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Nice! (looking at my 80 orbs) Hope I can get the same. Quan was set as my lock screen wallpaper on the tablet, should really get him first.

Good luck!  Quan is awesome hope you get him!  We have TT+ orbs coming soon that's usually 42 or so, so that should help people too if they need more. 

Got Lewyn and Quan for the Judgral collection. Gonna wait for Silvia to drop because I pull on any Ryoma and Ayra banners that pop up so plenty of chances to pull red. 

My Lewyn's nature is the worst (def -spd hahahaha) though so I'm gonna try to get a better (neutralish is fine, I don't expect +spd -bulk) one and give spiral to Ishtar if I do. otherwise I'll use him anyway, won't fodder my only copy.

40 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I got a +ATK  +RES Silvia, but she's also -DEF and I forgot what he base HP and SPD was. I guess I'll find out when I get to Lvl 40.

That's impossible. Stat variation behaves like natures, not IVs. You only have one boosted stat and one hindered stat (or neutral on all stats).

"IVs" is a misnomer from the first few weeks when people didn't yet know how stats worked and thought it was possible to have multiple boosts.

Edited by Ice Dragon

update: pulled +atk -hp lewyn this morning, wow better than i expected
can sac the -spd one now but im still torn between ishtar or dancer ryoma and i didn't make up my mind as much as i thought

in a vacuum ishtar is the better user of it hands down and i have a team setup planned for her for if i roll legendary hector, but on the other hand i don't really use her all that much outside of AA

dancer ryoma doesn't quite reach ishtar's level of synergy with the skill but i mean he's a ryoma i use him all the damn time but he does also have this starfish escape route build i use when not trying to kill armors that is very fun and im not sure if it needs spiral

so i guess i'll do a bunch of calcs and test runs and wait until i actually have a leg hec to decide

Edited by Thor Odinson

Starting an 11 day orb diet, then I go for my Sigurd, and the rest for Lewyn. This is the worst time for me to think about the far future with orbs.

Quan already proved his worth in my challenges.

Edited by Garlyle

I like how Silvia is tempting us to get arrested. Underage girl showing off her sexy figure to grown men. I think her Japanese voice line went along the lines of "You think a sexy woman like me is a little girl?" which was changed to "Take another look! There's more to me than you seem to think."

12 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

"You think a sexy woman like me is a little girl?"

"Hmph, treating me as a child even when I'm this sexy?" in a pouting tone.

Referencing the fact that Levn treats her as a kid despite the fact that she's trying to flaunt herself. I don't know what the original line from FE4 was in Japanese, but I get the feeling it was similar.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Hmph, treating me as a child even when I'm this sexy?" in a pouting tone.

Referencing the fact that Levn treats her as a kid despite the fact that she's trying to flaunt herself. I don't know what the original line from FE4 was in Japanese, but I get the feeling it was similar.

Thanks for the correction. I can't read Japanese, but I can get a faint understanding of what characters say due to may years of anime watching/listening.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's from her dialogue with Sigurd. The old translation patch goes along the lines of "Little gi-! Have you ever seen a little girl with these before?"

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's from her dialogue with Sigurd. The old translation patch goes along the lines of "Little gi-! Have you ever seen a little girl with these before?"

It's been a decade since I last played FE4, so I may have gotten who she was talking to wrong.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's been a decade since I last played FE4, so I may have gotten who she was talking to wrong.

Can't blame you since the story is the only thing the game has going for it. Really hard to play it even more than once

So, have managed to get both F!Morgan and 5* Shigure on this banner. Go figure. Trying to decide to invest more orbs or hold off. It's not like I need a millionth powerful PP mage, even if Lewyn's art and sprite are great, and Quan, much as I love him as a character, his art still bugs me.

Also, was bored and thought of an alternate take on Lewyn/Forseti that would be a definite step down, but potentially more true to in-game Lewyn, and definitely more obnoxious to whoever was using him. Built-in wind+watersweep and phantom speed with a special that triggers an immediate followup attack.

Edited by bottlegnomes

As a huge fan of Lene's lines, I want to check out her mother's lines too. I think Lene's dialogue is still better overall, but Silvia's lines are not bad either.

Castle quotes:

"Oh, did you want to see me dance? I've noticed you watching. You know talent when you see it!"
I am sure your dancing is great, but that is not why I am staring, if you know how a man's mind works.

"I had hoped to meet some intersting people here, but these Heroes are all way too formal for me."
You probably went into @Vaximillian's Barracks. If you go into my barracks, you will see NS!Xander's bulge and SF!Camilla's jugs. You clearly have not seen your daughter yet either, have you?

"I was praying...praying for ll of the people swept up by war, praying for their suffering to be eased."
Your praying did not help your daughter much though.

Speaking of your daughter...
Lene: "I really want to meet my mother someday. That's why I dance, even if I don't always like it."
I found your mom! I hope you will still dance for me and other Heroes though.

Character page quotes:

"No, I'm not chilly. I'm burning up! My heart is aflame with passion!"
Finally! I met another person who does not mind feeling the breeze on their skin.

"There's something about you... I can't quite put my finger on it."
What do you mean? Yes, I am a nudist and I think most clothing are evil. There, I said it.

"Take another look. There's more to me than you seem to think!"
I took another listen (well, reading the translations online). That is not what your Japanese quote said! Indeed, there is a lot more to you.

— — — — — — —

I felt like splurging a little. I got 6 Silvias now. I tried to get one that is [+Atk, -HP/Def/Res], but the best I got was [+Def, -HP] and [+Def, -Res]. I think I will go with the -HP one in case I want to use her to Ploy things.

I got pity broken by WOT!Reinhardt and BH!Roy who are both [+Res, -Def].

BUT YT!OLIVIA CAME HOME!!! SHE IS [+ATK, -HP] TOO!!! I PROMISE TO LOVE YOU TO BITS!!! I have all Dancers/Singers now. I feel complete.

@mampfoid I have not forgiven Ayra and Ares for pity breaking me, but I feel a little less angry when I see them in my Barracks now.