New summoning banner: Doorway to Destiny

Corrobin

8 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Thanks for the correction. I can't read Japanese, but I can get a faint understanding of what characters say due to may years of anime watching/listening.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's from her dialogue with Sigurd. The old translation patch goes along the lines of "Little gi-! Have you ever seen a little girl with these before?"

Her conversation with Alec seems to suggest how Sigurd treats her is the norm. Which is...surprisingly PC for Jugdral.

Edited by Jotari

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

BUT YT!OLIVIA CAME HOME!!! SHE IS [+ATK, -HP] TOO!!! I PROMISE TO LOVE YOU TO BITS!!! I have all Dancers/Singers now. I feel complete.

@mampfoid I have not forgiven Ayra and Ares for pity breaking me, but I feel a little less angry when I see them in my Barracks now.

Ha great, the full circus in your barracks. Olivia with a perfect nature (finally a good pity breaker for you) and so many Silvias. 

What will you do with so many refreshers? Double dancer teams for AA? 

12 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ha great, the full circus in your barracks. Olivia with a perfect nature (finally a good pity breaker for you) and so many Silvias. 

What will you do with so many refreshers? Double dancer teams for AA? 

I tried double Dancer/Singer before and the result was a bit mixed depending on the map and enemy composition. If it is cramped, running mostly counters is better in my opinion since I can immediately take out enemies on the first turn during Enemy Phase, and less enemies means I have more room to maneuver. On more open maps, double Dancers/Singers with nukes absolutely annihilates enemies, so that is my preferred strategy on more open maps.

Edited by XRay

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

I tried double Dancer/Singer before and the result was a bit mixed depending on the map and enemy composition. If it is cramped, running mostly counters is better in my opinion since I can immediately take out enemies on the first turn during Enemy Phase, and less enemies means I have more room to maneuver. On more open maps, double Dancers/Singers with nukes absolutely annihilates enemies, so that is my preferred strategy on more open maps.

So where will you make use of so many dancers/singers if not AA? 

Just now, mampfoid said:

So where will you make use of so many dancers/singers if not AA? 

Having more Dancers/Singers gives me more options in Arena Assault, so while I will not be able to use all of them during each run, I can better mix and match them. I like Siliva a lot since she can double as an Enemy Phase counter against green dragons along with my Fir. I have Lucina, Marth!Lucina, and Alm, but I am a little hesitant to use them as Enemy Phase units with their low Res.

I also need them for Blessed Gardens. Ideally, I want each Blessing groups to have 3 Dancers/Singers of different colors each, and with the release of Silvia and YT!Olivia, I can now do that for every team.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Having more Dancers/Singers gives me more options in Arena Assault, so while I will not be able to use all of them during each run, I can better mix and match them. I like Siliva a lot since she can double as an Enemy Phase counter against green dragons along with my Fir. I have Lucina, Marth!Lucina, and Alm, but I am a little hesitant to use them as Enemy Phase units with their low Res.

I also need them for Blessed Gardens. Ideally, I want each Blessing groups to have 3 Dancers/Singers of different colors each, and with the release of Silvia and YT!Olivia, I can now do that for every team.

You really like using dancers, wow. AA giving bonus for blessed units of the corresponding seasons makes you need more dancers to reach the full bonus. 

Btw: Alms refinement makes him full player phase. 

Got a +Atk -Def Lewyn and a +Def -Spd Quan (and a pretty garbage Leo) in only 80 orbs, I'm so happy! My luck with Judgral banners is pretty abysmal because the game hates me (luckily I have gotten everyone but Leif, Ishtar and Nanna through Legendary banners) but this is amazing, they even seem to have optimal IV's.

Also it seems that the game has noticed my FE bias...

Spoiler

7BmietT.png

40 minutes ago, Crushie said:

Got a +Atk -Def Lewyn and a +Def -Spd Quan (and a pretty garbage Leo) in only 80 orbs, I'm so happy! My luck with Judgral banners is pretty abysmal because the game hates me (luckily I have gotten everyone but Leif, Ishtar and Nanna through Legendary banners) but this is amazing, they even seem to have optimal IV's.

Also it seems that the game has noticed my FE bias...

Hide contents

7BmietT.png

Ha we have the same taste!  That is how my castle looks too.  

Edited by Lewyn

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:46 PM, Ice Dragon said:

That's impossible. Stat variation behaves like natures, not IVs. You only have one boosted stat and one hindered stat (or neutral on all stats).

"IVs" is a misnomer from the first few weeks when people didn't yet know how stats worked and thought it was possible to have multiple boosts.

I probably checked her stats wrong. By the time I bothered to check what her stat boost was and whatnot, I've already had her at level 10 and was going by memory with what she started out with. She does have abnormally high ATK from the Silvias I've seen, and her RES is pretty good. I guess I'll know what for sure when she gets to level 40.

37 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

I probably checked her stats wrong. By the time I bothered to check what her stat boost was and whatnot, I've already had her at level 10 and was going by memory with what she started out with. She does have abnormally high ATK from the Silvias I've seen, and her RES is pretty good. I guess I'll know what for sure when she gets to level 40.

Speaking of this, does anyone else find it a bit strange no one has compiled a full stat table for a character at all levels? I mean, I know it'd be difficult, but with the number of people playing, it seems like it could be doable.

Anyway, got a Quan with +res/-HP, so pretty jazzed. Someone talk me out of killing Berkut and F!Morgan for him. As great as Lewyn's art and sprite are, I really don't need a millionth PP mage that's still not going to be able to double reliably in AA because everything there is +10 against all my +0-1s, and I should start saving orbs again for when Ronnie shows up on a Legendary banner or something else.

20 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Speaking of this, does anyone else find it a bit strange no one has compiled a full stat table for a character at all levels? I mean, I know it'd be difficult, but with the number of people playing, it seems like it could be doable.

Gamepedia already has one.

Dataminers have already figured out how it works, so it's just manual or computer labor to generate the tables.

25 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

I always support killing a F!Morgan~

I'm just kidding. There's no way I'm killing my only copy of a unit for a build that would really only exist to be obnoxious in the worst way.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Gamepedia already has one.

Dataminers have already figured out how it works, so it's just manual or computer labor to generate the tables.

Really? I've only ever seen the level 40 table. That's a relief. Also, that does answer one question about consistency of growths I'd had but was too lazy to look into.

2 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Really? I've only ever seen the level 40 table. That's a relief. Also, that does answer one question about consistency of growths I'd had but was too lazy to look into.

I think it was pretty recent. When you go to a character's page, scroll to its stat section, and at the very end of the stat section, there should be a link that directs you to another page that shows you each level's stats.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think it was pretty recent. When you go to a character's page, scroll to its stat section, and at the very end of the stat section, there should be a link that directs you to another page that shows you each level's stats.

Well, shit, that would've saved me so much time when I was cleaning out my barracks after they introduced CMs :facepalm: 

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

1 minute ago, bottlegnomes said:

Well, shit, that would've saved me so much time when I was cleaning out my barracks after they introduced CMs :facepalm: 

The actual datamine of the information was no more than 2 months ago, I think. Gamepedia has had information for a large number of characters and natures for a very long while, though.

3 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Anyway, got a Quan with +res/-HP, so pretty jazzed. Someone talk me out of killing Berkut and F!Morgan for him. As great as Lewyn's art and sprite are, I really don't need a millionth PP mage that's still not going to be able to double reliably in AA because everything there is +10 against all my +0-1s, and I should start saving orbs again for when Ronnie shows up on a Legendary banner or something else.

Don't see much point given how easy it is to level characters to 40. Not even sure why levels are a thing, they become essentially irrelevant after the first three hours of playing the game.

12 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Don't see much point given how easy it is to level characters to 40. Not even sure why levels are a thing, they become essentially irrelevant after the first three hours of playing the game.

That's still potentially like half an hour just to figure out someone's boon and bane.

7 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Grinding SP is more efficient at lower levels. At very low levels, the chances of dying on Special Training maps is super low, so you can just auto battle it. On higher levels, I do not think it is safe to auto battle for some units, especially the more fragile ones, but once you set up a choke point, you can just spam the End Turn button.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Cheesing Voting Gauntlets with a level-1 unit is a thing. Leveling also gives a good pile of free SP.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Grinding SP is more efficient at lower levels. At very low levels, the chances of dying on Special Training maps is super low, so you can just auto battle it. On higher levels, I do not think it is safe to auto battle for some units, especially the more fragile ones, but once you set up a choke point, you can just spam the End Turn button.

I don't think it particularly good game design where you're letting the ai play the game for you. I'd rather just get the unit at level 40 with the 1,000 or so SP they normally get levelling to there. Would save me a half hour of somewhat boring gameplay it takes to grind a unit from 1-40. Boon and Banes are easily determined at level 1, so if someone cares about boons and Banes, I don't really see why they would level a unit above 1, nor why they'd stop levelling before 40. Maybe it's just the way I play, but when I level up a unit, I don't really stop until they've hit the cap, which really doesn't require all that much time or concentration.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Cheesing Voting Gauntlets with a level-1 unit is a thing.

How is this done?

Edited by Jotari

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

How is this done?

The levels of the three enemy units and your one random friend unit is determined by the level of your unit. The level of your one friends list unit is not.

In the last couple of days I piled up 72 orbs, but I'm still holding them back for the next 7 days - if I would start summoning now, I might break my luck. =)

There's orbs in TT, 2 CC (B2 9&10, 11&12), GHB1, logins and Tap Battle. I'll probably go up to 120.

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

The levels of the three enemy units and your one random friend unit is determined by the level of your unit. The level of your one friends list unit is not.

Guess the aim was for new players to stand a chance.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Guess the aim was for new players to stand a chance.

If all you had were 3 level-1 units against 3 enemy level-1 units, you still have a chance. It's actually easier because the weapon triangle has a less pronounced effect at lower levels.

There's just simply no way to make it so that you both always get a friends list unit and all six of the units are similar levels.