New summoning banner: Doorway to Destiny

Corrobin

10 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

People use those dance buffs over WoM?

Yeah, like me, because I don't like burning up skills and being caught empty-handed if a unit NEEDS WoM. 

Besides, some dancers have the buffing built into their weapon.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I was spoiled. This was a badly kept secret anyway, so whatever.

First off, it's Quan with a Q (DAMMIT ALL IS, Q IS NOT A LETTER IN IRISH, KEEP SOME CONSISTENCY WHEN YOU STEAL FROM A LANGUAGE). Gae Bolg gives him +5 Atk/Def against anything that isn't flying (I see what they did there. How dare they), a new skill (Well, Nephenee has it in her personal but eh) with +4 Spd/Def on enemy phase, Drive Atk (like father like son) as well as a special and assist (That's bizarre for a non-healer)

Edit: TURNS OUT RALLY DEF/SPD IS ACTUALLY SPD/DEF+, SO HE GIVES +6 TO THE STATS. QUAN YOU'RE CONCERNING ME.

Sylvia is here too, comes with Barrier Blade (That's for Laylea though. Is this warning of no subs?), Mirror Stance and Deluge Dance. Might go down, but as with Leen that's not a certainty.

Lewyn (WHY GET THIS ONE RIGHT IS?) is coming with some interesting stuff. Forseti's actually underwhelming with what seems like Desperation 2 until you see he actually has it above 50% (WOAH). he comes with Swift Sparrow (Of course), Odd Wave Atk and then there's Special Spiral. Similar to Ares, only it's a skill and he'll pretty much just have it on with Glimmer as his special.

Also, Nordin's now Njorun (With a double dotted letter and all). Huh, bit tricky to change the pronunciation.

I'll have to see stats, but I kind of want Quan entirely because Ethlyn is the TT unit while Lewyn and Sylvia are also interesting for reasons.

Edited by Dayni

5 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Weird how dancers lost utility in the higher levels of the arena. Usually, the harder the difficulty, the more viable they become. Guess that goes to show you how differently FEH is evolving from the main series.

That is because Intelligent Systems is babying armor units and melee units by factoring in BST when calculating Arena scores. If you remove the BST factor, most armor and melee units would immediately be bottom-of-the-barrel tier as Firesweep nukes and ranged pony teams with Dancer/Singer support will have little trouble crushing them.

Gonna drop 2 cents quick since I need to sleep.

• Quan is going to be real tanky and EP oriented, but ultimately not too impressive. Definitely a high end lance cav given his (Non-seasonal/legendary) competition. His real appeal is Rally SPD/DEF+ which is going to be what everyone pulls him for, that arena score and all that.
  • Sivlia is unimpressive, though Barrier Sword+ is neat, I wasn't expecting her to be the one that introduced it. Ultimately she's just another dancer.
  • I expect Ced to have Forseti, and it ends up being his dad that comes with it. Lewyn is the highlight of the banner. His tome is ridiculous, he breaks the SS2 on women-only pattern, he's got Ares weapon in the form of a B skill and he's the next Odd ATK Wave 3 recipient. His B skill is strong but it mostly compliments his weapon most of all and like Ephraim's Special Fighter, It'll likely only be useful on certain units so I don't think we're going to start seeing it on everyone. It'll have it's place in the high level meta however.

The banner is a safe skip. Lewyn is crazy but I can live without any of these units and I'm probably going to try one more time on both the dancer and CYL2 banners.

Also calling it now: No one is demoting.

Quan's got what's about to be the best rally in the game as well as a new A skill and Drive ATK 2 (which is still *5 locked), Silvia while meh is still a dancer and comes with a new weapon and Lewyn is obviously the Ishtar of the banner. Again, no one is demoting. If anyone does I'll be shocked, but if they would stop being so stingy, Silvia makes the most sense. Especially considering Barrier Sword+ is mostly worthless when you consider what kind of magic damage units reds are fighting.

I don't mind the characters, but this is quite the lackluster banner for me.

Seeing the Rally + skills makes me throw up as to how many skills are this limited and how IS wants to push the buffbot meta in Arena. They are a however an interesting addition as another option to grant Spectrum Tactic buffs even to the one left out of the buffin if you only have one Speed Tactic in your team, for example. Also generally interesting for any Bladetome user.

Completely underwhelming dancer and very likely a demotion with that kit.

And instadesperation mage, who, while certainly potent, really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things; I'll still use Bladetome mages.

Until a possible remake of FE4 and 5 no attachment to these characters will be had, and thus, I shall not really care too much - one blue pull and off i go. Good thing, too, as I wouldn't mind saving up orbs once again (Fury banner will have Myrrh, won't it? -_- )

Let's see the seals and fodder of the TT now, that's a lot more exciting.

23 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is because Intelligent Systems is babying armor units and melee units by factoring in BST when calculating Arena scores. If you remove the BST factor, most armor and melee units would immediately be bottom-of-the-barrel tier as Firesweep nukes and ranged pony teams with Dancer/Singer support will have little trouble crushing them.

True. BST scores have really screwed over refreshers. Although I still get a decent ranking even when using them so I'm not too bothered by it, but I could see how others would just cast them aside.

Anyways, if Sylvia is the one to get demoted, she could provide a pretty ok niche to tank the many Myrhhs I encounter in the arena. So she'll have a use, a very niche use though. And that's a big IF (also depends on her stat layout. A +RES or +SPD Sylvia will be ideal.)

49 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

Storywise yes, but gameplay-wise he's more like a mage in Genealogy, so this is pretty accurate representation. In Genealogy only dancers refresh.

49 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Bard class in Jugdral dilogy is basically a mage with light magic access. They are NOT refreshers.

Huh, I thought they were like Nils.

43 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Personally I don't care when which of those three game's banner are picked since that is when I can skip them and safely save up orbs.

Pretty much reaction whenever my request aren't on the banner/focus.

1 hour ago, Dandy Druid said:

I don't know about her being the demote (if there even is one), but the prospect of her being a demote is exciting. Finally, default Olivia won't be the only dancer in the 4 star to 5 star pool. Sylvia, if demoted, would still probably not be as good as default Olivia, but the resistance niche could make for nice fodder or something.

I mean, it's either Quan or Sylvia, let's be real. Where before what Ares and Lene brought were fairly even (Ares powerful special trigger funtimes, Lene a Dancer with both a powerful Sword and Sword Valor), here we have not just powerful performance against all non-fliers and one of the stronger Drive passives, but also a new skill in Steady Posture AND a new tier of Rally skills. Meanwhile Sylvia is a Dancer with an honestly underwhelming weapon (again, Swords generally have terrible Res), one Passive that doesn't quite compare to Warding Breath and also exists already, and one Dancer Special that... does it exist already? Honestly after the Dancers seasonal all the Dancer B passives kinda began to get all mixed up in my head...

If it's Quan, then they made a new tier of Rally passives readily available for anyone with feathers to burn. If it's Sylvia... well, that's just another Dancer that's easier to get than the others.

33 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I mean, it's either Quan or Sylvia, let's be real. Where before what Ares and Lene brought were fairly even (Ares powerful special trigger funtimes, Lene a Dancer with both a powerful Sword and Sword Valor), here we have not just powerful performance against all non-fliers and one of the stronger Drive passives, but also a new skill in Steady Posture AND a new tier of Rally skills. Meanwhile Sylvia is a Dancer with an honestly underwhelming weapon (again, Swords generally have terrible Res), one Passive that doesn't quite compare to Warding Breath and also exists already, and one Dancer Special that... does it exist already? Honestly after the Dancers seasonal all the Dancer B passives kinda began to get all mixed up in my head...

If it's Quan, then they made a new tier of Rally passives readily available for anyone with feathers to burn. If it's Sylvia... well, that's just another Dancer that's easier to get than the others.

Oh yeah it's definitely one of them. No way they're gonna make Lewyn a 4 star. They're both oddly niche in their own ways. I think Sylvia will be a decent magic tank/bait with her resistance shtick and her somewhat high HP for a dancer (40) It would be nice to have another dancer in the 4 star pool. Her passives are definitely the most underwhelming, but they have a use, at least. At least Chiko did a great job on her art.

So basically if Quan demotes, anyone he fodders off to benefits and if Sylvia demotes, then only she really benefits from it. (+10ing her may make her a decent magic tank against Myrrh)

With this line up I'm kinda shocked we didnt get a Travant GHB instead of Jamke, maybe IS will surprise us with a Travant GHB right after (haha right)?

With Travant perhaps saved for Gen2, his introduction might be swarming with lances now, as both Altena and Arion will want to be introcuded then as well. Double the Gungnir!

I'm so happy to see this banner! I've wanted Quan for ages to round out the friendship trio :) It's nice Ethlyn is the free prize, too, since I wouldn't have pulled for her but would still like her.

Love Lewyn's art and am in need of more green mages, so definitely going for him :D

Sylvia is meh to me. Her character never grabbed me much (I preferred Ferry). Oh well. I wouldn't mind if she was the demotee, but if Quan is, he's one for +10ing :)

Units look alright but no personal connection to any of them and no particularly interesting skills bar special spiral means I'll probably skip.

I don't mind Ethlyn being the TT reward but if she doesn't come with wrathful/dazzling she won't see much use as I already have 3 built staff cavalry 

Happy for Jugdral fans and also happy for myself since I can save orbs. Hope this trend of neat-yet-uninteresting-to-me units lasts until the Halloween banner rerun, so I can have a full stash when pulling for Sakunyan.

3 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I'm confused; it seems like you stated that you're happy that Cuan's in the game because his son already is, but then said you're not happy about Sylvia because her daughter is already in the game?

I was referring to their class.

Silvia is exact the same class as her daughter, Cuan totally isn't as his son.

Also Barrier Sword would have made sense on Erin. Since she's a pegasus knight, she might have a lot of res. Just would need distant counter.

Edited by Hecatia Lapislazuli

This banner is great for me, because I can keep the orbs for the CYL 2 banner. I am at 5% on that banner, so maybe I can get a brave hero before it ends. From this banner I will probably get the free summon and... that's it. Lewyn looks to be a great unit, but I don't need him. Although, Special Spiral 3 is amazing! My Marth would love to have it, because it would help him to trigger Aether faster!

I believe the demoted unit will be Silvia. She is the only unit with 4 skills. Barrier Blade is a great weapon, and being a Dancer is always good. Mirror Stance will probably be her 5* skill, because Deluge Dance 2 isn't a great skill, different from Lene's Firestorm Dance.
Quan is the second option. He has a legendary weapon, but this didn't stop Ares from get demoted. However, Quan has 2 new skills in his hands: Rally Spd/Def+, which will probably be a 5* exclusive, and Steady Posture 2, which will probably be 5* exclusive to, leaving Drive Atk as his 4* skill (if he gets demoted).

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I like this banner, not just because I prefer the Jugdral games over most others but because it's a perfect example of a "new heroes" banner done right: No alts, characters that aren't already in the roster, focus heroes are each of a different color.

Having said that, it's interesting that they went and added more FE4 units when you'd think they would've added more FE6  or FE10 exclusive characters after the May banner containing Ares and Ishtar.

5 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I'm happy this banner is being released, but I get your sentiment. I would love to have a banner starring Tauroneo, Jill, and Zihark tbh, with Pelleas as a TT reward. We need more Tellius and FE6 representation tbh. I also want Boyd, Rhys, Shinon, Gatrie, etc. Tellius has a monster cast, yet so little are in the game. I'm totally ready for a Tellius banner, but maybe in a month when I'm not orb-broke from these last couple of banners. At least Jugdral isn't having alts, if that makes you feel better. I would've been mad if it was like a Dancing Deidre or something.

Yes, exactly! I mean, I can be glad for FE4 fans, it's just that I also feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick as a Tellius and Magvel fan. ...Actually, that'd be FE6 fans getting the shortest end, since that one has yet to have a single banner to itself. But Tellius and Magvel have repeatedly drawn the short straws too. For Tellius, in a way, it's almost as bad as FE6's situation because as you pointed out, Tellius has the largest cast, yet we only have a small handful of it in this game and FE6 also at least had units at launch. Tellius had zero then.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, exactly! I mean, I can be glad for FE4 fans, it's just that I also feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick as a Tellius and Magvel fan. ...Actually, that'd be FE6 fans getting the shortest end, since that one has yet to have a single banner to itself. But Tellius and Magvel have repeatedly drawn the short straws too. For Tellius, in a way, it's almost as bad as FE6's situation because as you pointed out, Tellius has the largest cast, yet we only have a small handful of it in this game and FE6 also at least had units at launch. Tellius had zero then.

To be fair Genealogy also had a small roster so far, maybe 14 before Ares, Ishtar and Lene showed up... and I calculated Leif, Nanna and Finn into this, even though the game says they are from Thracia 776(but they are not exclusive to that game). Binding Blade and Genealogy are my top picks as I mentioned in a poll topic before, and I agree that Binding Blade could really use a banner already; but this is Genealogy, so that's also a good choice. This'll bring Genealogy roster size up to 22, and all the new characters are popular ones(except Lene maybe, but she's fun).

On the other hand, now I wonder when we get characters like Travant, Altena, Lex, Brigid or Shannan.