New summoning banner: Doorway to Destiny

Corrobin

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

They already referenced that shit once. Never again, please.

Why not?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Because I’d like them to at least try to conform to canon.

But Tethys does not have a canon Weapon.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Because I’d like them to at least try to conform to canon.

But what they would do with Tethys anyway? Make her unavailable to equip weapons?

58 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

If Lewyn is the star of this banner then Silvia definitely is its weak spot. Why is she here exactly? She's like Ayra and Larcei where mother and daughter are so similar that having both them just lets one spot get wasted. We already had a perky green haired dancer girl that's in love with a runaway royal, was another one really so vital to the Heroes roster? I guess she got boobs but there were still other Geneology girls available. Edain would have gone perfectly with Jamke, Fury/Erinys could have been paired with Lewyn and Bridget could have given us a third holy weapon. But instead of those we got another dancer who's spot was already taken when her daughter joined months ago. 

I share in your criticisms. The one decent argument I heard to Silvia is color balance. Shhe is Red, Lewyn and Quan cover Green and Blue, and Colorless is addressed in TT Ethlyn and GHB Jamke. But even so, I dislike Silvia coming so soon after Leen. And other Reds exist in FE4, albeit all Gen 1 picks for this color that remain, Beowolf, Chulainn, and possibly either or both of Alec and Naoise, are rather weak, save Azelle of course.

And yet this present trend with FE4 characters of lovers can't last much longer. MidirxEdain remain, or they could do EdainxClaud and MidirxBrigid, but the 1st Gen is otherwise out of lovers.

And this pattern, while found with Sigurd et Deidre on the first Genealogy banner (et Arvis too), the associated TT had Memeden, Ayra had no lover cometh anywhere, and Tailtiu randomly got tossed on the Sigdre banner without any rhyme nor reason.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

Will they add substitute children? Silvia and Lene are nice, but Laylea is quite perky too.

Silvia stole the Barrier Sword though, a weapon only Laylea can obtain. That bodes ill presently for the Subs, who aren't helped by having the same personalities as the characters they replace, and most of those characters already have threadbare personality.

It bodes well for Coirpre though, since it means he'll be stealing Charlot's Berserk Staff. He will have REVENGE! for being called absolutely useless by everyone, he'll make the "useful" among the enemy slit each other's throats.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

They already referenced that shit once. Never again, please.

I might want to agree with you. But even if I do, I think Tomes, Red or Green, wouldn't be terrible for her. Either a Fire spell she picked up from little bro Ewan, or Wind owing to being from Jehanna, which has Excalibur as one of its Sacred Twins, and presently only Saleh would want it.

Tethys has rings in her hands in her official SS art:

Spoiler

Tethys.png

Chakrams as Daggers anyone?

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I share in your criticisms. The one decent argument I heard to Silvia is color balance. Shhe is Red, Lewyn and Quan cover Green and Blue, and Colorless is addressed in TT Ethlyn and GHB Jamke. But even so, I dislike Silvia coming so soon after Leen. And other Reds exist in FE4, albeit all Gen 1 picks for this color that remain, Beowolf, Chulainn, and possibly either or both of Alec and Naoise, are rather weak, save Azelle of course.

And yet this present trend with FE4 characters of lovers can't last much longer. MidirxEdain remain, or they could do EdainxClaud and MidirxBrigid, but the 1st Gen is otherwise out of lovers.

And this pattern, while found with Sigurd et Deidre on the first Genealogy banner (et Arvis too), the associated TT had Memeden, Ayra had no lover cometh anywhere, and Tailtiu randomly got tossed on the Sigdre banner without any rhyme nor reason.

Silvia stole the Barrier Sword though, a weapon only Laylea can obtain. That bodes ill presently for the Subs, who aren't helped by having the same personalities as the characters they replace, and most of those characters already have threadbare personality.

It bodes well for Coirpre though, since it means he'll be stealing Charlot's Berserk Staff. He will have REVENGE! for being called absolutely useless by everyone, he'll make the "useful" among the enemy slit each other's throats.

I might want to agree with you. But even if I do, I think Tomes, Red or Green, wouldn't be terrible for her. Either a Fire spell she picked up from little bro Ewan, or Wind owing to being from Jehanna, which has Excalibur as one of its Sacred Twins, and presently only Saleh would want it.

Tethys has rings in her hands in her official SS art:

Reveal hidden contents

Tethys.png

Chakrams as Daggers anyone?

Firesweep Chakrams please!

40 minutes ago, XRay said:

I like his perky belly. His belly button would look so delicious.

And ideally with Armored Boots on his Weapon.

- - - - - - -

Will they add substitute children? Silvia and Lene are nice, but Laylea is quite perky too.

Are there substitute children who are actually better than the originals?

Silvia's subs are generally regarded as the best, IIRC.

Subs don't look super likely anytime soon at this rate.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Arden is one of Ayra's official lovers. He got game.

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And other Reds exist in FE4, albeit all Gen 1 picks for this color that remain, Beowolf, Chulainn, and possibly either or both of Alec and Naoise, are rather weak, save Azelle of course.

Then the solution would be obvious. Just take Azelle and add one of genealogy's best characters to the game.

That's actually a bit of a silver lining of Azelle not getting in today. Of course Azelle wouldn't be able to beat Cuan or Lewyn but now all other male characters that can still be added from Gen 1 are small fries. The only one left who's on par with Azelle is Lex who's inclusion would be more likely to help than to hinder Azelle's chances. I believe both boys are somewhere in the 300 placement while all other remaining guys are stuck in the 600's. 

56 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That's not the real reason why she was included in this banner. The real reason is the one you pointed out for Karla's inclusion. 

People were saying FE4 banners have no alts but she's like a pseudo alt. Still, it's a minor gripe all things considered. 

OT: If I pull on this banner, I'm going to pull for Cuan and Lewyn. But I need a Myrrh that is not -def and I want to wait and see what other banners happen later this month. 

I'm really not sure if I want to snipe green or not.  I feel like both Quan and Sylvia are equally demote-worthy.  And I really want Quan.  But if he demotes, it could be wasted orbs into blue, and CYL2 drained a lot of orbs from me.

On the other hand I definitely wouldn't mind a Sylvia demote either.  Lene would really like to see her.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Are there substitute children who are actually better than the originals?

As someone mentioned, I believe, Sylvia's kid's replacements often are considered better. Otherwise, some, like Hawk, Ced's replacement, are very good, but not better than the better child builds from what I remember.

Thought: If later on we were to get Altenna, and she had an alternate version of Gae Bolg, what would it be named? Divine Gae Bolg to fit with Sigurd and Deidre's versions? It doesn't have an element, so we can't do the Blazing Durandal/Thunder Armads/Flame Siegmund/Dark Mystletainn treatment... any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

That's not the real reason why she was included in this banner. The real reason is the one you pointed out for Karla's inclusion. 

Or the fact that you recruit Sylvia at the same time as you recruit Levn.

23 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Thought: If later on we were to get Altenna, and she had an alternate version of Gae Bolg, what would it be named? Divine Gae Bolg to fit with Sigurd and Deidre's versions? It doesn't have an element, so we can't do the Blazing Durandal/Thunder Armads/Flame Siegmund/Dark Mystletainn treatment... any thoughts?

Gae Bolg's epithet is "Lance of Earth" (contrast with Gungnir's "Lance of Sky"). It would make sense for an alternative version of it to be "Earth Gae Bolg".

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Gae Bolg's epithet is "Lance of Earth" (contrast with Gungnir's "Lance of Sky"). It would make sense for an alternative version of it to be "Earth Gae Bolg".

Good point, I must have forgotten. "Earth Gae Bolg" could work, as could "Stone Gae Bolg" or "Ground Gae Bolg".

...now I'm thinking of Travant having "Gungnir" and Arion having "Sky Gungnir".

54 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Or the fact that you recruit Sylvia at the same time as you recruit Levn.

This.  They are introduced at the same time and are strongly connected.  They usually like to tie characters together in new hero banners.  Quan is tied to TT reward Ethlyn, so that nicely rounds out all 4 units.  Speaking of Sylvia I wonder if we'll get lines from FE4 like "I like it rough" and "You ever see a little girl with THESE before!?" (referencing her breasts) or if those are inappropriate.

3 hours ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Arden is one of Ayra's official lovers. He got game.

That comic with Arden/Ayra where he was so excited after getting the speed+1 seal on him and Ayra encouraging him even knowing he is still slow a snail was one of the best.

17 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Also, a healer as a TT reward? Who wants that? Guess this TT will have some extra feathers for players.

Well, it’s certainly better than another infantry sword unit but...we just got Veronica so it’s a bit weird. Her stat line or skills better be worth the effort. 

As for the banner itself, meh, it’s boring to me. Nothing there really catches my attention besides Barrier Sword+ which my Eliwood or Lloyd could enjoy.

Edited by Lord-Zero

So about special spiral, who i think can have a good use out of it:

The units i can see benefiting the most of it:
Alm with refine will allways be able to proc Draconic Aura when he initiates, if he triggers Draconic Aura at one point beforehand.
Ayra with Regnal astra can have after her first combat an instant Regnal Astra and go the Wo Dao Route instead of Slaying + Wrath
Lilina can go with Glimmer after the first combat and become a nuking disaster...
Michalis and Minerva can run instant 3 charge specials (if flyers can use it)
Nameless blade can go instant Luna/Draconic Aura but i doubt that outweighs the use of Wrath + moonbow. Instant Vengeance high HP Karel definitly benefits from this huge if on low HP.
Ephraim could run with Siegmund an Aether recovering built (assuming he has a heavy blade skill on)
Lyn with Sol Katti can run some interesting stuff once in desperation range Instant AoE specials and then tackle all with Desperation, but her Atk stat is too low for AoE specials.
Zelguis could run a instant Blackluna setup with slaying edge, but no sane Armorer would give up Boldfighter and Steady breath for such a gimmick.
All Firesweep units with high speed can allways instantly run a moonbow or glimmer setup.
Reinhardt with mastersword/tome can make some nasty stuff with it (but i really doubt cavaliers get access to this)
Legendary Ike can basicly can have a 2 turn cooldown Aether.
Sonya and Merric can run an instant Glimmer set after their first combat with theri Wo dao tomes
All the summer weapons with built in desperation can make use of it
Ishtar with Mjöllnir can be devastating running instant Draconic Aura builds

At least thats where i see slight potential. Just remember there needs to be a round of combat done.

55 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Well, it’s certainly better than another infantry sword unit but...we just got Veronica so it’s a bit weird. Her stat line or skills better be worth the effort.

Yeah, my thought exactly. Apparently, most people just picked Veronica as their free CYL unit, so why would they want an inferior horse healer? I didn't pick Veronica and don't have her, but I do have Elise and Priscilla, so I don't need a horse healer either. Ethlyn is surely just feathers or fodder for most due to this, making her pretty underwhelming as a reward.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, my thought exactly. Apparently, most people just picked Veronica as their free CYL unit, so why would they want an inferior horse healer? I didn't pick Veronica and don't have her, but I do have Elise and Priscilla, so I don't need a horse healer either. Ethlyn is surely just feathers or fodder for most due to this, making her pretty underwhelming as a reward.

Personally, I rarely use any recent TT units, but I'm always happy to expand my collection of characters regardless. I've been looking forward to Ethlyn's addition for at least a year now, and I'm glad to get a free copy. Certainly better than the past two TTs of no new units at all, and no worse than ones like Canas. Free BK was cool but unsustainable.

It's a bit weird that she won't be in the regular summoning pool, but having both her and Nanna as 4-5* drops would have felt redundant, and either one would have been difficult to justify as a 5* exclusive.