Tempest Trials: Doorway to Destiny!

Vaximillian

9UaMN9A.png
A new Tempest Trials event has been announced via the Doorway to Destiny summoning focus banner reveal, to be Genealogy-themed!

It’s confirmed to last from the 11th until the 21st of September.

Ethlyn: Spirited Princess, our newest cavalry staff user, will be the reward this time around.

Sigurd will be our final boss and Chalphy countryside will be our final map:
nwzoHf7.png

Apparently, Threaten Def, Blaze Dance, and Drive Spd are the new seals.

02JZxPKTJbDGHcbnJfKB6rSFRE_AooF5piFk7qtn

Important rewards include:

1,000 points: 4★ Ethlyn: Spirited Princess;
6,000 points: Blaze Dance 1 seal;
10,000 points: Threaten Def 1 seal;
12,500 points: a Fire blessing;
15,000 points: 5★ Ethlyn: Spirited Princess;
20,000 points: Drive Spd 1 seal.

Show off your Ethlyns, folks!

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ethlyn being a free 5* cavalry healer - she's easily going to be very useful and easy to 5K HM (at least to me). She's also going to be getting at least a Dazzling refine for whatever weapon she has (I'm going to assume that she doesn't get Wrathful Staff or Dazzling Staff by default).

Reward seals... welp, I do have 441 coins right now... and can expect another 135 from Voting Gauntlet and another 19 from Arena Assault.

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Reward seals... welp, I do have 441 coins right now... and can expect another 135 from Voting Gauntlet and another 19 from Arena Assault.

16 coins on hand, welp. Here’s to hoping my tactics team will be worth it next week. My last coins went into Res Tactic.

With Ethlyn becoming a thing, I will be able to make a Troubadour Emblem with her, Elise, Priscilla, and Nanna.
(I also could have promoted Clarine but 20k cost bites)

I just want good seals. Please give us Speed Tactics.

Ethlyn is interesting since it’s our first TT healer reward. From what I’ve seen, she’s a honey so she’ll be spared.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

With Ethlyn becoming a thing, I will be able to make a Troubadour Emblem with her, Elise, Priscilla, and Nanna.
(I also could have promoted Clarine but 20k cost bites)

I'd like to see you do something similar to what Lu Bu does, except without merging all of your healers to +10.

Also, I'm kind of glad I haven't spent my sacred coins, but that's partly because I haven't really felt like spending them.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I'd like to see you do something similar to what Lu Bu does, except without merging all of your healers to +10.

I’m not as brain damaged as he is… but this sounds awesome. I wish I had some Wrathful and Dazzling fodder, though…

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m not as brain damaged as he is… but this sounds awesome. I wish I had some Wrathful and Dazzling fodder, though…

Well, I suppose as long as you can get the fodder you need someday, you could probably replicate some of the less crazier things he does!

Well, I suppose as long as you can get the fodder you need someday, you could probably replicate some of the less crazier things he does!

Speaking of which. 

What’s the probability that Ethlyn gets either of the staff B-skills? They’ve just given away Veronica (to whom picked her), and Ethlyn would still exist in only two copies full stop, so she’d be not a braindead decision to fodder if she brought along Wrathful or Dazzling.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Speaking of which. 

What’s the probability that Ethlyn gets either of the staff B-skills? They’ve just given away Veronica (to whom picked her), and Ethlyn would still exist in only two copies full stop, so she’d be not a braindead decision to fodder if she brought along Wrathful or Dazzling.

Since Dazzling was just given to someone else (Maribelle) not too long ago on top of Veronica having Wrathful, I’m personally not expecting Ethlyn to get either one.

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Speaking of which. 

It feels a bit too generous, considering that Veronica with wrathful staff is a possible free choice. That said, after Nanna and Maribelle (and technically Veronica) I guess we have a new precedent of healers bringing two passive skills. I don't expect dazzling staff on Ethlyn, but I'd love it if she did.

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Since Dazzling was just given to someone else (Maribelle) not too long ago on top of Veronica having Wrathful, I’m personally not expecting Ethlyn to get either one.

It feels a bit too generous, considering that Veronica with wrathful staff is a possible free choice. That said, after Nanna and Maribelle (and technically Veronica) I guess we have a new precedent of healers bringing two passive skills. I don't expect dazzling staff on Ethlyn, but I'd love it if she did.

Yeah, now that Dazzling is finally in the general pool via Maribelle and Veronica has just doubled the availability of Wrathful, it was just wishful thinking that Ethlyn got either of these. Still, it would’ve been awesome. Oh well.

I'm wondering who is going to be the boss in this Tempest Trial. I'm pretty sure it'll be Genealogy based too, but on which path are we going to take it? Young Arvis, maybe?

I've never gotten a good Priscilla, and have never even seen a Nanna, let alone Maribelle or Elise so Ethlyn will be valuable in that regard. I do have 5* Clarine and Veronica, but a horse healer for each element would be welcome as I do plan to have full horse teams for each eventually. And if no Wrathful or Dazzling, I'd take something like Heavenly Light or Live to Serve. Wrys is a fairly rare character for me - I've summoned maybe four copies ever, though at least we've gotten three free copies.

And yeah, Speed Tactic please so I can equip it on my hypothetical Legendary Hector should he finally turn up this month.

As for the TT boss, it might just be Lewyn so they can show off his power and make people summon.

38 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Drive Spd
Drive Res
Atk Tactic
Spd Tactic

These, but SPD Tactic first, plus WoM seal. 

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

she will be a cavalry staff user.

How do you know that? I didn't read anything about weapon and movement type in the notification and video. (Which doesn't mean much, sometimes I'm blind for obvious things)

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

How do you know that? I didn't read anything about weapon and movement type in the notification and video. (Which doesn't mean much, sometimes I'm blind for obvious things)

She actually showed up in the trailer but was difficult to see.
image0.jpg

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Very hard to see, but she's underneath the banner on the right edge of the map at 1:15 in the trailer, when Quan is talking.

Edited by Humanoid

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

There’s a glimpse of her sprite in the trailer (the quality is poor because my reaction time is even worse):
HDX5bYp.png
She is sitting on a horse, holding a staff, and there’s a staff icon floating to the right of her.

1 hour ago, Garlyle said:

I'm wondering who is going to be the boss in this Tempest Trial. I'm pretty sure it'll be Genealogy based too, but on which path are we going to take it? Young Arvis, maybe?

Trabant might make the most sense, but that would require him existing in FEH. Same with Altenna, if they wanted to go for something tragic and mess with the games' timelines again like they've done before in the Tempest Trials stories. I suppose Leif, Finn and Cuan'll be options, if we're focusing on that particular little family.

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Wow you guys have keen eyes. 

Never would have found that myself. No chance. 

Nah, I actually still can't see it at normal brightness, only in that artificially brightened one Roflol posted. My eyes are terrible, though I offer the excuse that my displays are all calibrated to a lower brightness than most factory settings and I'm on a 11.6" display at the moment.