Tempest Trials: Doorway to Destiny!

Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Speaking of Roy, now that I have Eldigan, he's my current white whale

In terms of getting him or because you want merges? I'm currently saving orbs to get some Roy-merges out of the next legendary banner, where he'll be featured hopefully. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

He is bonus unit for the second time already, but I still haven't given him a refinement. Perhaps I'm still a little mad about his +RES/-SPD nature. 

I briefly considered investing in that too but went Brazen Atk/Spd 3 Ragnarok for this TT instead. I have yet to regret that decision.

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

In terms of getting him or because you want merges? I'm currently saving orbs to get some Roy-merges out of the next legendary banner, where he'll be featured hopefully. 

Just getting him at all. I know I should probably care more about merging, but for the most part, I've given up on getting any 5* exclusives to high merge levels. Lucina and her pity-breaking self are the one exception.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I briefly considered investing in that too but went Brazen Atk/Spd 3 Ragnarok for this TT instead. I have yet to regret that decision.

Oh, that thing is just the best. I almost want to fodder a Linus just to give her double brazen.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

I will upgrade Ragnarok, but not yet because TTs tend to have many red bonus units. Perhaps once Celica becomes bonus in Arena again (do units with new refinements become arena bonus usually?)

1 minute ago, bottlegnomes said:

Just getting him at all. I know I should probably care more about merging, but for the most part, I've given up on getting any 5* exclusives to high merge levels. Lucina and her pity-breaking self are the one exception.

Roy pity broke me a lot of times, I like him and I like his skill set very much. Therefore I'm trying to get the last 5 copies to make him my first (and only) 5* exclusive +10 unit. 

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What do you mean here? There is no quota for units with new refinements.

I meant if Celica (, Odin & Cherche) will get a higher chance to become arena bonus after getting the refinement? Don't remember how IS handled this in the past, at least they got a banner. 

Edited by mampfoid

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I meant if Celica (, Odin & Cherche) will get a higher chance to become arena bonus after getting the refinement?

No. This never happened before and there are no signs that it will.

Edited by Vaximillian

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Have you ever considered Brazen ATK/DEF for him? 77 ATK / 62 DEF ...  Best candidate for the good old Brash Assault / Desperation trick. 

My preference in general is for first-round performance, so I typically don't bother with Brazen skills. Eldigan gets his sustain from the fact that there's an Elise glued to him, and Heavy Blade lets him run Ignis over a weaker Special.

I think the only characters I would consider running Brazen skills on are those who have Brazen skills on their weapons (Alfonse and Celica), particularly Celica since she can get into both Brazen and Desperation range in a single Ardent Sacrifice (with a -HP nature at +10 merge as long as she isn't getting bonus HP).

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

My preference in general is for first-round performance, so I typically don't bother with Brazen skills. Eldigan gets his sustain from the fact that there's an Elise glued to him, and Heavy Blade lets him run Ignis over a weaker Special.

Yeah I understand that, I also don't use many Brazen units. On the other hand modes like TTs and CCs are the perfect occasion to use those skills, especially in combination with Desperation and Escape Route. 

I'm not a big fan of Ardent sacrifice to set up Brazen and Desperation, it changes a not perfect first turn into a bad one. My Celica will keep her Fury even with the refinement. 

@mampfoid Out of curiosity, why'd you put Fury on her? Post-refinement, it's a great option, but pre it seemed like it would just make her less effective as there'd be more damage to need to heal up. Also, kind of in the same boat with Lucina that you are with Roy, but I'm not as big a fan. I like her quite a lot, but not that much, and there are too many characters I want to be willing to dump enough orbs into to make it likely to get the remaining 5 merges.

2 day of trials and i'm at 38.000! Still haven't raised my Ethlyn, probably going to do it together with my 5*+3 Ike once TT ends, Jamke is doing alright on the Auto-Battle Team and 4* Ethylin is on the first team for when i do the higher difficulties (still haven't won the hightest one, probably would have cleared it already if i had bothered to raise them to 40).

Edited by RexBolt

7 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

@mampfoid Out of curiosity, why'd you put Fury on her? Post-refinement, it's a great option, but pre it seemed like it would just make her less effective as there'd be more damage to need to heal up. 

I wanted to boost her offense and Fury was a cheap option back then. First I went with Renewal for TTs, but it always felt imperfect. Later I gave her Desperation for a special GHB clear (Celica emblem), which was perfect in retrospective. 

6 hours ago, RexBolt said:

Still haven't raised my Ethlyn, probably going to do it together with my 5*+3 Ike once TT ends

She gets double XP and SP while in TT, save yourself a lot of effort by levelling her now.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

No more orbs to get, I cry:

At the very least I’m getting 20 more orbs tomorrow to keep pulling for Quan.

You are already there? I just got the Drive Spd, which I immediately enhanced to Lv.2. That's the only premium seal from this banner for my playstyle.

I wish you luck with summoning for Quan. Ethlyn needs his husband. I should've rated Quan over Silvia in my early review.

6 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

You are already there? I just got the Drive Spd, which I immediately enhanced to Lv.2. That's the only premium seal from this banner for my playstyle.

I wish you luck with summoning for Quan. Ethlyn needs his husband. I should've rated Quan over Silvia in my early review.

Yeah, already there. I do love tempest trials a whole lot, it’s my favourite mode in the game. I’ve upgraded Drive Spd too and even have 168 more coins. Maybe I’ll upgrade Savage Blow too.

Ethlyn absolutely needs her husband and Leif needs his father. Now if only I also had Sigurd, I would have been hopefully able to reunite the Belhalla Academy trio. But Alas, my free summon on the tempest banner was my third Eldigan.

i hope leg lucina gets a refine update at some point. Because once rally spd+ is released she can give melees bows and daggers 15 spd from 2 spaces away with the new drive spd seal. She is bonkers with Leg Marth currently already providing him 15 spd and 9 atk and all the other units can benefit from marths flashing blade oulse due to the spd buffs Lucina provides