New Nintendo Direct at 9/13/2018 3pm PT: New date

Jingle Jangle

Not expecting Three Houses info this year. I'm predicting early next year for it to be shown in a dedicated direct. Possibly ending in a reveal that Edelgard will debut as a dlc character in Smash.

I predict that this direct will include:

No More Heroes

Mario Party

Phoenix Wright

XC2 Torna

1-2 character reveals for Smash

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Caineghis said:

My hopes are :

-A Three Houses trailer, and maybe a protagonist as a Smash Echo Fighter.

-A new FE Echoes announced (probably not before FE16 is out but I really liked SoV :)

-Xenoblade Chronicles X ported to switch, and possibly Elma for Smash :)

-Metroid Prime 4 trailer, and Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch

-Some kind of way to access old nintendo games with the online service.

*crosses fingers* :Roy::Lilina::Idoun:Binding Blade remake, Binding Blade remake, Binding Blade remake. PleasePleasePleasePlease Pleeeeeeaaaaase! I know I shouldn't hype myself up, but to avoid repeating myself, simply put, I want it! You don't know how often I imagine the remade cutscenes in my mind (even easier now that I can connect voices to them). Knowing our luck it'd be for 3DS, but I would still be totally hyped. If it did come to Switch, I would expect it to come out after Three Houses.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go tamper my expectations.

5 hours ago, Corrobin said:

Please have more Three Houses info, please have more Three Houses info, please have more Three Houses info

Unlikely. It'll likely focus on games coming out towards the end of the year + the Switch's online service. Aside from maybe Smash, I wouldn't look forward to anything too big/"hype".

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

I'd make a smarmy joke but I'm also old enough to know that's not an appropriate response to real world tragedy.

I'm pretty sure they let anyone know what is happening in Japan and besides that, some people living in the territories in Hokkaido, Japan that were caused by the earthquake were possibly gotten hurt pretty bad or killed definitely missing the opportunity to watch will miss watch the direct tomorrow and Nintendo probably do it best to postpone it so most of the people recover and they will probably have other family members, boyfriend or girlfriend, and friends probably who were living outside of Hokkaido definitely needs to visit their loved ones who were injured and probably need to make a memorial and funeral for the ones that were killed in the earthquake. It's kinda a shame that Japan is getting the earthquake in a bad timing on a special announcement week of the Nintendo Direct.

18 minutes ago, Florete said:

I understand and respect the decision to delay the direct, but I do wonder...why did they announce it at all? Weren't the earthquakes already going on when they announced it?

I'm pretty sure Nintendo of Japan and most of the territories in Japan probably didn't get the notice about the earthquake was coming. It was kinda unexpected that this is kinda a bad timing that a horrible event appears.

Edited by King Marth 64

I completely understand the reason why they've delayed it. Nature can be extremely unpredictable at times, and Japan tends to get dealt a poor hand.

I'm sure we'll get more information later this week, I just hope everyone is alright.

Huh. I was really looking forward to watching the direct when I got back from college, but I fully understand and respect their decision to delay it.

My thoughts and prayers go to the victims.

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

Jeez...Japan is just having the worst luck with natural disasters. Hopefully people there are able to minimize the damage any way they can.

It's not really luck. They're located on the Ring of Fire, and in a typhoon zone, and on a fault line. So naturally (heh), that's a zone for volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, and bad storms/tsunamis. The word tsunami itself is Japanese.

But this sucks... I wanted to see that info. :(

54 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's not really luck. They're located on the Ring of Fire, and in a typhoon zone, and on a fault line. So naturally (heh), that's a zone for volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, and bad storms/tsunamis. The word tsunami itself is Japanese.

But this sucks... I wanted to see that info. :(

The impression I get is that it's happening unusually often by their standards.

My sympathies for the immediate victims and the Japanese as a whole. For any who may have perished, Namu Amida Butsu.

Reminds me of how they got rid of a Tsunami spell in DQ7's 3DS version, due to the 2011 Tohoku earthquake-tsunami-nuclear reactor gone awry. A visual novel, Virtue's Last Reward, got an extra, happier ending added due to the same event.

Man I feel really bad for Japan right now and I hope that everyone there who has been injured can recover:(  From what I saw online the Direct will be a week from now at the same time on September 13th (at least in America). 

19 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

Man I feel really bad for Japan right now and I hope that everyone there who has been injured can recover:(  From what I saw online the Direct will be a week from now at the same time on September 13th (at least in America). 

Wait, where did you hear that?

26 minutes ago, blah the Prussian said:

Items in Splatoon 2 that were due to be released after the Direct were moved to a later date.

It could just be a placeholder or it might have nothing to do with the Direct, but many other companies have some stake in this Direct so I don't expect it to be postponed for too long either way.

Edited by Lightchao42

1 hour ago, blah the Prussian said:

I was searching for the Direct on Youtube yesterday because I had missed the news that it was canceled and I saw several videos stating that it was going to be on the 13th.  I don't have the link since I did not save any and who know if what they were saying was true, but I hope they were.