New Nintendo Direct at 9/13/2018 3pm PT: New date

Jingle Jangle

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

...And of course it's going to play as I'm at the mercy of Hurricane Florence.

I’m praying for your safety alongside your family’s safety as well.be safe and be prepared for whatever is to come 

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Stay safe and I hope things don't go too badly for you!

2 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Stay safe, I went through several hurricanes in Florida, they are no joke. Use the time you have to be prepared.

10 minutes ago, AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life said:

I’m praying for your safety alongside your family’s safety as well.be safe and be prepared for whatever is to come 

Thanks, everyone.  I'm sure we'll be fine.

4 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

...And of course it's going to play as I'm at the mercy of Hurricane Florence.

Stay safe and take care you, your family and friends. 

Btw exited about the direct and also this might not be the best place to ask but the online is coming with soon enough and I am wondering will we bear able to update games, download stuff online and all, like we are now or we must pay? I mean I have filled two and a half pages with demos as I don't bye games often.

Edited by SuperNova125

Looks like people were right on the money with tomorrow being the new date for the direct. Also if you can't watch it live, here's a better tip on preventing getting spoiled: Go to the Direct's video page, window your browser, then highlight the URL and drag-and-drop it to your desktop. Presto, instant shortcut to the Direct, no spoilers to heave through. Seriously, pasting the link in a Word document? What the heck was I thinking?

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

Btw exited about the direct and also this might not be the best place to ask but the online is coming with soon enough and I am wondering will we bear able to update games, download stuff online and all, like we are now or we must pay?

Well of course we'll still be able to use the eShop and download updates and demos and stuff. It's just like with Xbox Live Gold and Playstation Plus; they're only required for online play, but you can still access and purchase stuff from their online game stores without them. You didn't really think they'd restrict basic things like that behind a subscription, did you?

And If I'm somehow wrong about this, well......I imagine there would be a lot of torches and pitchforks pointed Nintendo's way.

Guh...I'm going to be out for the direct for many hours before I can watch it. So here are my pre-meditated responses:

- Legacy Boards for Super Mario Party are great, but Mario Party 2's Western Land without everybody dressing up as cowboys? It aint right. 

- Paper Mario Thousand Year Door for 3DS yup yup. That's reaching out to fans all right. Completely what we asked for.

- I TOLD you guys Master Chief was a perfect fit for Smash!

22 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Guh...I'm going to be out for the direct for many hours before I can watch it. So here are my pre-meditated responses:

- Legacy Boards for Super Mario Party are great, but Mario Party 2's Western Land without everybody dressing up as cowboys? It aint right. 

- Paper Mario Thousand Year Door for 3DS yup yup. That's reaching out to fans all right. Completely what we asked for.

- I TOLD you guys Master Chief was a perfect fit for Smash!

I should probably leave one too in the likely event that the hurricane leaves me without Internet reception.

*insert salty comment about lack of Three Houses info here*

About Two Hours Left.

I totally think this Direct that they might going to reveal other than showing newcomer trailer for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the other 10 unannounced NES games, explanation of how the Nintendo Switch Online works, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, possibly bigger Fire Emblem Heroes announcement, those leaked NES and SNES icons (if they are showing official brand new retro style controllers or they might show have a USB Accessory Controller Port to connect the NES Classic Controller and SNES Classic Controller), and maybe showing some Nintendo 3DS games such as Luigi's Mansion remake, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.

Finished mowing the lawn in the nick of time. Now I can sit back, relax, and see what news the Nintendo Direct has in store.

I'm personally hoping for new Fire Emblem info and a brief segment on Smash with new stuff (character reveal or the "Spirits" mode). Everything else at the moment is a bonus.

I'M SUPER EXCITED!!

LUIGI'S MANSION 3!! Been waiting for this for years. :D Five years is too long between this and Dark Moon! (Dark Moon was released in 2013) Best announcement today by far!

First direct I fully followed since I own a Switch and I wasn't really impressed. Sadly no FE or Metroid Prime news.

The only thing that looked cool that I didn't know off so far was that mecha game but aside from that nothing really impressed.

EDIT: GF game was also interesting since they normally only do pokémon I'm curious to see how they'll handle anything else.

Edited by Hekselka

Ah, I love Animal Crossing, but I was hoping for a different newcomer for Smash. Eh, Isabelle is cute, so I'm fine.

Holy shit, FFVII on the Switch? I've never had chance to play it, so this is amazing!

Very disappointed about no FE news, but what can you do?

Overall, quite a disappointing direct, but I've seen worse.

Edited by Lau

Welp, this Direct was not for me. No Fire Emblem news, which is a disappointment. The new Smash character reveal is someone I am not interested in. Some of the smaller news tidbits are interesting, but there was nothing for me to go crazy and be hype about. 

The highlight for me is the Splatoon v4 trailer, even though no real information was shown. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is officially revealed by Nintendo, which is nice. Luigi's Mansion 3 is cool but is a way off (and I never got around to playing Dark Moon). Oh, and the fact Nintendo Online is like super cheap. $20 for a year is not bad at all.

I was also highly amused on how much GameXplain got right with their predictions! I can't wait for their followup discussion.

Edited by Sire

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:
  • Ports, ports, and ports
  • some updates
  • new Animal Crossing coming out next year
  • Isabelle in Smash
  • no Fire Emblem

Overall I"m bit disappointed. 

Excited about the FF ports especially 12 and the 7-9-10 stuff. Well the the rest stuff were expected I didn't believe there would be any FE news anyway and now the dens have more time to perfect the game. Also I am waiting to hear about the new gamefreak game "town" as they rarely do stuff outside Pokémon.

I don't really have any interest in pretty much any Nintendo games, and I didn't expect to see Fire Emblem, but I do have to say at least it's nice to see Nintendo put some effort into animations for their Directs. It feels like it pays off more than just cutting to some Nintendo staffer talking all the time.

But man, ports or remasters.

I give this Direct a 5/10.

Luigi's Mansion 3 surprised me but they showed too little of it. All the 3DS stuff was meh (3DS games in 2019, amaaaaaaazing). Daemon x Machina is pretty cool so i may get that.

Final Fantasy coming to the Switch a lot. Final Fantasy 9 and 12 are games that exist now. Final Fantasy 7 came to the Switch before the remake. Like, the remake is actually dead at this point.

Japan had like a 6 minute trailer for Golden Country yet we only get like 30 seconds of it and it's shown off along TWEWY. Why?

I couldn't tell if Isabelle was joining Smash or if it was a new AC game. Turns out it's both. I mean, good for you AC fans but i personally don't care. Surprised that Isabelle isn't an Echo though.

So, a direct I could stay up for. No idea what's coming for certain. Let's go.

Spoiler

Luigi starts us up again, only this time it's gameplay for the next Luigi's Mansion on the Switch. Nothing else for now.

3DS now, with Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn. Might get for the niece because she has Yoshi's Wooly World. Then the Bowser's Inside Story title that was mentioned already is set for January. Luigi's Mansion gets 2-player co-op. OK. It's also next month. More Yo-Kai watch news with a new update mentioned for later this month. And that's that. WHAT.

Splatoon update first. Is it a photo mode? I mean, I can't read the credits here, though there's something about more modes. Mega Man 11 port mentioned, with Amiibo functionality and it's out real soon. Next it's Tennis Aces, so I don't care, sorry. Arcade beat-em-ups get ported to one game, alright I guess. Another Wii U game gets ported, this time being NSMBU with some general updates for 2019. Katamari is coming too, with a remaster of the first I think this year.

The online service is now getting talked about, with it coming the 18th. Online play requires it, unsurprisingly. NES games are also playable over it (with online multiplayer) (Really, only NES?), seemingly accessible online. A Cloud service for Save Files is also a thing. There's also compatibility with an app, which allows for chatting over it (Can we not talk to strangers and whinge online?). Also discounts I guess. I have a lot of questions on this, because I'm not sure what's up.

Let's Go gets a mention, with Team Rocket (I do mean the anime duo!) in the clips! Also the partner Pokemon can use HMs and be groomed (Not new to me). Diablo III gets an updated port and works with all Amiibos. More Mario Party, good for the fans I guess. Game Freak has a new game which may be called Town, is about defending a town and has Lyn in the art. It seems to have a bunch of engine stuff done and it's out next year. City Skylines is getting ported, I'm not going to be getting it because I might as well get it on PC. Daemon X Machina gets some footage, which shows it's all about the custom mechs and you can run around outside the mech too (Why though?) and has co-op.

Yoshi gets a new game with the game taking LBP's asthetic and making it brighter but actually using the 2.5D better than the early LBP games did. The guys making Carcasonne has a bunch of other stuff too like Pandemic, Munchkin and Catan. Civilisation VI footage got kept and is coming out November. Starlink reminds us how cocky SF Zero went according to the announcer, while talking about exclusive stuff. TWEWY has new stuff and is out on the 12th! FINALLY. XC2 gets some expansion mentioned, comes out next week. Other stuff is Warframe, Just Dance, Fifa, Sonic Racers, NBA (two games), LEGO DC Supervillains. FFCC is mentioned, while there's a chibi FFXV coming out, another chibi spinoff called Maxima, a Chocobo mystery dungeon title game, FFXII remaster (yay.), VII, IX and X/X-2 are also being released. Man, FF finally returned. Smash Ultimate has a hardware bundle too.

AC meanwhile shows up while she's missing villager after they effing off to Smash. And of course she's in Smash now. Good for her, looks like an alt. Tom Nook talking about others camping and smashing seems like like he's looking down at others, but there's also a new game. Good for them.

TLDR: RIP 3DS (2011-2019), a bunch of games that honestly bored me while some other games looked like they might be alright (Kirby might be worth it for the niece, we'll see about Town, Daemon X Machina could be good and TWEWY is almost here), online service talk was as boring as expected, FF got a large bunch of games and just threw them in and Isabelle got in Smash, as people were saying might happen. Also I was wrong, Isabelle is not an Echo Fighter.

No Three Houses or GS though. Oh well.

Edited by Dayni