Popo's Portfolio

Popo

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to business~!

The lineart for Roderich is taking me forever... XD I want to take the picture in a completely different direction at this point, so I've come up with the following:

rodereich333FLOWERSPRE.jpg

Does that look alright? Obviously it's not the lineart or the coloring I intend to use; I just blocked everything off with blobs of color, but is the size and proportioning close to correct? Is there anything that immediately looks wrong?

Do you want this to be more of a sideview? :0 Because right now it looks more like he's leaning back a bit/showing us his torso more. I think you should shorten out his right side, because you shouldn't see that much of it from that point of view (judging from the perspective of the head). his shoulder's also kind of low.

http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/JCE/JCE11...woman_~1474.jpg <- look at the most right man on here to kind of get an idea of what I mean.

Anyway, other than that it's really cute, I love the suit + flowers combo <3 (hahaha smiley on the flowers) keep it up

Edited by Tirinity

Do you want this to be more of a sideview? :0 Because right now it looks more like he's leaning back a bit/showing us his torso more. I think you should shorten out his right side, because you shouldn't see that much of it from that point of view (judging from the perspective of the head). his shoulder's also kind of low.

http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/JCE/JCE11...woman_~1474.jpg <- look at the most right man on here to kind of get an idea of what I mean.

Anyway, other than that it's really cute, I love the suit + flowers combo <3 (hahaha smiley on the flowers) keep it up

I'm not sure what you would actually call the angle, but I'd like for his torso to be showing, sort of like he's waiting for someone. I want it to look like he's a bit disinterested--his eyes are merely catching on the audience for a second as he turns his head. I'll try and raise the shoulder up though and reshape things a bit. I can sort of see where maybe it's a bit long, as Angelix said. The image was very helpful.

Thanks you guys~! :D

Popo, unlike most people, is smart enough to save her work, so she didn't lose anything.

Edit: Pic links? Do you pay attention to what Popo posts?

Well, I'm under the impression that people tend to reference the front page for updates, so maybe that's what he was referring to? Those little indexed entries in the first post are actually sort of annoying to type up so I haven't retyped the ones I lost yet. XD

• 3 weeks later...

The background for the piece with Roderich. I just finished it a few moments ago, so I'm guessing that I'll need to take some time away from the piece and reevaluate all the flaws a bit later. XD It's supposed to be rough looking. :)

http://popo-licious.deviantart.com/art/Bac...d-WIP-128075236

Edited by Popo

I really like the colour usage on that one. Although, the three windows in terms of perspective don't seems to align properly.

I really like the colour usage on that one. Although, the three windows in terms of perspective don't seems to align properly.

I know. XD I need to go and fix them. The one closest to the doorway has a ridge that I forgot to remove.

This is a minor house-keeping update, but all the entries on the first page that were deleted in the rollback have been resubmitted. There are twelve in all, each listed as new. (Just in case some of you were using that system.) :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, your dorm is so pretty and neat! :] Everything is so organized.

Thanks! When you have to live in small spaces, you start to appreciate organization and a clean room a little more. XD

Sweet dorm. : D Quite tidy, and that's coming from someone who's room is never dirty or messy! : O

You trained a plushy? : O

It's so tidy because I'm the first person to ever live in the room, and also didn't pack my entire life when I got ready for college. XD I always feel bad for the kids who bring way too much stuff from home and have to live in a cramped, perpetually messy room for the rest of the year. And... yes. I may have trained my turtle. ;D

• 3 weeks later...

What, what? Popo hasn't been completely kicked off the site yet? XD

APH - Roderich -WIP2

I updated the Roderich lineart and gave it some preliminary coloring. Looking for comments. :3

• 3 weeks later...