SRPG studio: help with dead characters

DiogoJorge

So this is my issue that I need help with. So let's say there's this player unit that partakes in a conversation, but for some reason, he died in a previous chapter, thus making it impossible for him to be present on that conversation. How does one prevent them from participating if they are dead?

You have to go to the event conditions tab, which is just below the list of events at the bottom left (you click the ellipses).

In the event conditions menu, select the "Units" tab, click "Add", select the variable unit under "Unit" in the Type section, and then under "Life Condition" select "Alive".

In doing this, you ensure the event will only happen if that unit is alive.

As far as I know, there's no way to simply cut out bits of an event given certain circumstances, but it's not much of a hassle to simply copy-paste the event and remove the bits where a dead character would normally talk.  So if all you're looking for is to remove a character from a conversation they'd normally take part in, create another event (through copy-paste), click the event conditions box, Units tab, click on the unit under the tab, and set Life Condition to "Died" instead.

55 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

You have to go to the event conditions tab, which is just below the list of events at the bottom left (you click the ellipses).

In the event conditions menu, select the "Units" tab, click "Add", select the variable unit under "Unit" in the Type section, and then under "Life Condition" select "Alive".

In doing this, you ensure the event will only happen if that unit is alive.

As far as I know, there's no way to simply cut out bits of an event given certain circumstances, but it's not much of a hassle to simply copy-paste the event and remove the bits where a dead character would normally talk.  So if all you're looking for is to remove a character from a conversation they'd normally take part in, create another event (through copy-paste), click the event conditions box, Units tab, click on the unit under the tab, and set Life Condition to "Died" instead.

Alright, I will try that.