Seasonal Unit Wishlist and Speculation Thread

Mercakete

I didn't see a thread for this, so I figured I'd make one. Some people really don't like seasonal units, and I understand that. I think that, in some cases, though, seasonal units a great ways to highlight aspects of characters that you don't get to see in their games. I think it also gives the heroes a chance to kick by and try things not available in their home worlds. (Like Elincia and Micaiah going to the Hoshidan summer festival.) Sort of like going on vacation with Askr being the terminal through which they can access them. And since we're dealing in an alternate timeline tangle, I think it makes sense.

But anyway, what sort of seasonal units would you like to see/do you think would be fitting? Any predictions on which characters might show up in upcoming seasonal events? This is a thread for talking about that!

As for me, I was just thinking about how we're probably going to be getting another Halloween banner in October and started wondering which heroes would be featured. Two of the ones I thought would be good for this event were Cherche and Lute. Both of them find revenants cute, so I'd love to see them chatting it up about that, and the best place I can think of for that sort of conversation is in a Halloween event. Maybe they'd both have costumes based on revenants, though Jakob already did that. Of course, this isn't to say that they couldn't have different takes on the same basic theme. Maybe Alm in a Duma costume, with a weapon based on his Scendscale attack in reference to the achievement you unlock when you use it, "Duma Incarnate." Do you think he'd be made into a dragonstone user if that was the case, to give some variety and further the joke, or would he remain a sword unit? Maybe Cain would be dressed up as a minotaur in reference to his title as "The Bull?" If so, maybe he'd be a green infantry unit this time, wielding an axe.

A seasonal Forging Bonds event would be cool, too, for extra character interaction, but it looks like it won't be coming up this time.

I've always wanted to get a dancer Faye, as she is the only unit that can use "anew" in Echoes afaik. I mean, it would make sense, but it probably won't happen until the next performing arts banner, so here is for hoping. I would be happy with a Leon seasonal as well, but it will probably never happen. Or it may, if Valbar drops in a seasonal banner. As for others, I would basically go for any Sacred Stones seasonals, but I would like Eirika and Ephraim the most, since Tana just got one.
As for what kind of seasonals they should be? Well, so far I liked the Hoshidan Summer banner the most, as I like how those traditional clothes look like, so I'd say I would be the happiest to have said units in clothes similar to that. Maybe we will get another Hoshidan New Year banner, who knows?

I personally really want to see IS try a villains banner. Here's one idea I had. Mainly 3DS based because I'm most familiar with those

On 7/8/2018 at 3:11 PM, Arcphoenix said:

I have no idea about stats and I lack artistic talent (thus this will be a lot less detailed than others here), but here are two ideas I had for seasonals: Summer Fallen Celica and Summer Female Grima.

Personally, I think seeing a seasonal villains banner would be a nice change of pace, anyway to the units.

Celica would be a dagger infantry unit carrying a beach volleyball. Her special quote would be along the lines of "I will destroy my enemies in Duma's name."

Female Grima would be a dragon unit riding some sort of risen horse. (I feel she'd be the best candidate for a horse dragon as she actually summons one rather than transforming like other dragons). Her "transformation" would have the dragon wearing a huge pair of swimming goggles. I imagine one of her lines being "I am the fell dragon Grima, and I shall conquer the shore!" (Her abbreviation should be fun, especially if you consider her a Robin alt rather than a Grima alt. F!S!F!R)

I imagine the other two currently in the game would also fit on the banner, though I wouldn't mind Scarlet, Berkut, or Gunther. Maybe one of them carrying a large plastic shovel for a sandcastle theme. Scarlet I imagine would be collecting shells to decorate her weapons with, even if she’s undead.

EDIT: I imagine the other two on the banner being Mad Berkut and Witch Rinea. Berkut would have a non-inheritable distant counter beach umbrella and would be a lance calvalry unit. Rinea on the other hand would be a flying tome unit with her tome's visuals looking like a sandstorm centered on the foe and forming into a sandcastle around them before disappearing.

I want mummy Elphin.  Since Elphin can't see very well him being a mummy would make sense and he could be an armor dancer.  I also want santa Basilio because it would suit him very well and I wish this had happened last year.  

As far as seasonals go, the only two I am really burning for are Kinshi Knight!Sakura and Dagger!Hinoka both in kimono. That way we could have three different themes for the Broshidos: Kinshi, dagger, and traditional clothing. Once that is complete, they can throw out as many Nohr royals as they want, since I'll have everything I care about as far as alts/sesonals are concerned.

As for characters from other games: L'Arachel riding a reindeer and using a sugar cane as a staff.

Maybe a Felicia alt with the candy cane staff as a healing weapon so that she and Jakob are still solely colourless?

Fae dressed in a chicken costume for the next spring event, still using breaths though she could be red or blue. Maybe armoured?

Palla for the next Valentines event on a horse with a lance referencing Abel somehow to make us all feel horrible.

For a mounted dragon, M!Corrin with a headless horseman costume on him. Go for Green I think here.

Christmas Canas so he doesn't suck anymore and all the blizzard memes get a new lease of life.

Oh, easy list for me! :P

- Bear suit Freddy for Halloween with a unique strike weapon
- Summer RD Ike showing off his sexy muscles
- Christmas Ike wielding a giant chicken leg as a green axe unit
- Flying healer bride Elincia (or any flying healer Elincia, for that matter)
- Seasonal Silas, maybe Halloween? I can see him having fun with that.
- Christmas Freddy and/or Elincia would be neat too.
- Bunny Elincia in a flower themed dress would also be awesome.
- And girls I like in cute pink, red, and white dresses with heart decor and/or guys I like in similarly themed suits for Valentine's Day (ie, a REAL Valentine's banner. I don't consider the LA banner to actually be Valentine's since it uses a Victorian era theme instead)

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

- And girls I like in cute pink, red, and white dresses with heart decor and/or guys I like in similarly themed suits for Valentine's Day (ie, a REAL Valentine's banner. I don't consider the LA banner to actually be Valentine's since it uses a Victorian era theme instead)

You mean Renaissance era, there is a big difference in clothing between the two eras especially for guys.  If it had been Victorian the guys would not have been wearing tights.  I would love a banner with guys in suits so a modern Vday one with the guys on it ready to go on a date in a suit would be cool.

I don't like Seasonals, but if we must.

• Camping summer banner. Swimsuits are sexy, but can we have something other than them to rep the summer season? People do more than just go to the beach or pool. It'd be more innocent fun too.
  • Sports banner, one of whom must be Lyn playing International Football/Soccer.
  • Nationalities banner- the various countries/regions of the real world represented by different characters. Not sure who for where. But Arthur with an American flag printed on each buttock (fully clothed mind you) is one possibility. Marth with his cape the Japanese flag sounds okay. But that would not be necessary if in the sports banner Marth played baseball, with a Batchion and Gemstone balls.

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

You mean Renaissance era, there is a big difference in clothing between the two eras especially for guys.  If it had been Victorian the guys would not have been wearing tights.  I would love a banner with guys in suits so a modern Vday one with the guys on it ready to go on a date in a suit would be cool.

...Everyone was calling it Victorian era though. And it looks Victorian to me.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

...Everyone was calling it Victorian era though. And it looks Victorian to me.

I don't have time to find pictures of clothing from both eras, but trust me as someone who was a Goth as a teenager I know the difference between the two.  I also corrected people back then as well, though no one payed attention.  The big difference is the guys clothing men in the Victorian are wore pants, in the Renaissance ara men wore puffy shorts with tights.  The girls dresses are closer but Renaissance dresses had very lose sleeves and women wore hats just like Lilina's, Victorian dresses had very tight sleeves and the women wore bonnets not hats. 

I think a Valentian Valentines banner would work well given the amount of established relationships and affections that are present in the game. Also V’Alm. Gotta have a V’Alm

Edited by Arcphoenix

Oh man all the talk about Valentine's Day reminds me of the banner I wanted for that holiday: Cheesy pickup lines banner featuring Sain, Gatrie, Inigo and...I'll let you guys choose a fourth since I'm drawing a blank. But that would be so funny! XD Not to say that I didn't like what we got, because I did. It was cool to see the holiday celebrating many kinds of affection, not just the romantic kind. It was also cool to see what the holiday would be like in Lycia, especially for those of higher social status. Holidays in the various locations weren't really fleshed out in the games since basically every FE has a war going on, so it was cool to get a look into what happens when war isn't going on.

On the Halloween note, Risen Artur would be cute. I could see him dressing up like that to try to catch Lute's eye since she thinks the undead are cute. X3 (Of course, this is tailing off of what I'd said earlier, so I'd still love to see Cherche and Lute fangirling over the zombies. Maybe even Minerva (as in Cherche's wyvern) could be dressed up as an undead wyvern.)

I also thought of something that I realize I really want for New Year's. So, I want normal versions of Boyd, Rolf, Gatrie, Shinon, and Wrys, (so this applies to the Valentine's Day alt thing too) but I also want a New Year's Drunk Shinon. I can just imagine him having the most nonsensical lines! XD And for map select, when you go to move a unit, he could grunt irritably for one, and for another, say something like "Do I have to?" or "Do it yourself." He'd be a dagger unit of some kind, and his weapon would be a near-empty bottle, which, being a dagger, would reduce the stats of the one it hits, maybe more than most daggers ('cause alcohol smell or something messing with the foe's perception), so he'd mainly be a debuffer (at least as far as the weapon goes) but perhaps it could also increase his special charge simulating drunken volatility. Of course, this dagger would be inheritable.

I know Celica's already got enough alts for now, but I really want an SoV Halloween type banner with witch Celica, Sonya, Rinea and maybe Delthea since they all had a basis in canon. I know Fallen Celica's technically Witch!Celica, so it's too late for that one probably, but I could see it with the other 3. I was actually half hoping last year's would have one of them on it. Speaking of SoV, as someone else said, I'd love to get dancer Faye. She makes more sense as a dancer than as an archer in FEH anyways lmao, and she wouldn't necessarily have to be seasonal but I don't know why else she'd get an alt.

Also pls King Leo and Queen Hinoka. I just really want to see their art and see how their personalities have changed. But then again, these two sound like they might just be alts for a Conquest/Birthright banner rather than seasonals. 

22 minutes ago, mirajane said:

I know Celica's already got enough alts for now, but I really want an SoV Halloween type banner with witch Celica, Sonya, Rinea and maybe Delthea since they all had a basis in canon. I know Fallen Celica's technically Witch!Celica, so it's too late for that one probably, but I could see it with the other 3. I was actually half hoping last year's would have one of them on it. Speaking of SoV, as someone else said, I'd love to get dancer Faye. She makes more sense as a dancer than as an archer in FEH anyways lmao, and she wouldn't necessarily have to be seasonal but I don't know why else she'd get an alt.

Also pls King Leo and Queen Hinoka. I just really want to see their art and see how their personalities have changed. But then again, these two sound like they might just be alts for a Conquest/Birthright banner rather than seasonals. 

A lot of the Overclasses in SoV look scary, i could see them in a Halloween banner. Like vampire-like-Yasha, Enchantress!Sonya, a more cantor-like Guru and Skogul with that skull like mask/helmet.

Sonya being the only named because i don't see a Halloween SoV banner without her.

I thought the seasonal alts are like the devil are something like that?

I'm really just out of the loop altogether

11 hours ago, mirajane said:

.There can never be enough Celica, bring on the hate, she can take it. I mean she's already a controversial character, might as well embrace it at this point.

Faye, should be a cleric instead of a dancer. That way, she can break the system & use anew on refresher units even though they have singing & dancing.

11 hours ago, mirajane said:

What if focus banner? That's ridiculous, who would pull for that? I mean, I would because that's sounds like a great idea. I would like to know what happen afterwards in Birthright & Conquest.

They really didn't do this in the Cipher card game?