LaurentLacroix

Hello! I wanted to share something weird that happened to me.

Nils decided to join my team in chapter 28 instead of 30. Is this normal? At first I thought this was a glitch, but then he couldn't be deployed in the next chapter (and had a textbox like Matthew in Lyn's mode). I didn't find anything about it online.

x6e4ku3.pngMVJlKv6.png

Edited by LaurentLacroix

Storywise, Nils gets all of Ninian's powers at the end of "Cog of Destiny" and then suffers a Heroic BSOD at the end of either "Valorous Roland" or "The Berserker," depending on which mode you're playing.

So yes, he is available for deployment between those two events.

Edited by Paper Jam

It's normal and makes sense story-wise. After ch27 Ninian leaves so it's Nils' turn to step up. But what happens after ch28, Nils just doesn't have it in him anymore. For a little bit.

It just seems awkward gameplay-wise because it's only one single tiny map (FIVE units) that Nils is usable and then suddenly he isn't usable for 2 maps.

Oh, okay! Thanks. I don't know why but I was convinced he only joined in chapter 30. Never realised he was available for deployment before that. I feel silly now. Sorry for the inconvenience, I should have paid more attention!

Edited by LaurentLacroix

6 hours ago, LaurentLacroix said:

Oh, okay! Thanks. I don't know why but I was convinced he only joined in chapter 30. Never realised he was available for deployment before that. I feel silly now. Sorry for the inconvenience, I should have paid more attention!

Unfortunately, that's a common mistaken assumption.  Many a source makes the "Nils rejoins at 30E/32H" claim, apparently because they didn't try to deploy him in 28E or 30H, and couldn't deploy him in 29E/31H and 29xE/31xH.

And yes, Nils can indeed be deployed in 30H--but that's three units maximum...

9 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Hey also why is Hector and Lyn force deployed? That never happened iin my ENM not that I can remember at least.

They are only force deployed in the next chapter, but I don't remember if it's always the case.

6 hours ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

Unfortunately, that's a common mistaken assumption. Many a source makes the "Nils rejoins at 30E/32H" claim, apparently because they didn't try to deploy him in 28E or 30H, and couldn't deploy him in 29E/31H and 29xE/31xH.

And yes, Nils can indeed be deployed in 30H--but that's three units maximum...

That explains it! Thanks. And yeah, he's probably not the best unit for this chapter.

Edited by LaurentLacroix

12 hours ago, LaurentLacroix said:

They are only force deployed in the next chapter, but I don't remember if it's always the case.

No look at your unit selection, why is Hector and Lyn in yellow? They should be in white if you wanted to bring them but yellow means they are force deployed in Valorous Roland for you?

15 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

No look at your unit selection, why is Hector and Lyn in yellow? They should be in white if you wanted to bring them but yellow means they are force deployed in Valorous Roland for you?

Ah! No, it's a screen from Sands of Time. I wanted to show the help box I was talking about AFTER Valorous Roland. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Edited by LaurentLacroix

Just now, LaurentLacroix said:

Ah! No, it's a screen from Sands of Time. I wanted to show the help box I was talking about AFTER Valorous Roland. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Ooooh ok I get it now.

also can I say I love how your portrait is so cute? It's like Child Sain man I wonder what tupe of person he was as a child...