Race poll!  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Options

• TeamClavat
    • TeamSelkie
    • TeamLilty
    • TeamYuke

8 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I'm lowkey peeved they didn't keep the naming pattern in future Crystal games, but I can make an exception for Crystal Bearers, because that game takes farther place in the future and there was a lot of intermingling between the races (cough CLAVATS especially COUGH). It made sense for Rose to have her name because she had mixed ancestry.

Meanwhile Ring of Fates (a prequel?) goes from names like Gnash to Gan Noo and the like.

I don't remember Rose, was she one of the selkie ladies Belle did that "king of the floatie" game with? It was called beach battle but I like my name better. And on clavats crossbreeding...I kinda ship Layle and Belle. Kinda. It'd be a quick fling with birth control if it happened. But they do have sparks.

Haven't played Ring of Fates but Gnash is from a primitive tribe basically, so it makes sense for him to have a different caveman sounding name.

15 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

I don't remember Rose, was she one of the selkie ladies Belle did that "king of the floatie" game with? It was called beach battle but I like my name better. And on clavats crossbreeding...I kinda ship Layle and Belle. Kinda. It'd be a quick fling with birth control if it happened. But they do have sparks.

Haven't played Ring of Fates but Gnash is from a primitive tribe basically, so it makes sense for him to have a different caveman sounding name.

I meant Belle, not Rose lol. She looks more like a Rose to me than a Belle. Right after I posted that, I checked to make sure I got her name right, but was too lazy to change it back.

And yes, I also prefer Layle to be with Belle over Althea, but I do like Althea though.

7 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

I meant Belle, not Rose lol. She looks more like a Rose to me than a Belle. Right after I posted that, I checked to make sure I got her name right, but was too lazy to change it back.

And yes, I also prefer Layle to be with Belle over Althea, but I do like Althea though.

Wait hold up, Belle is half clavat? Since when? Where does it say that? Because I played up to the final boss. Couldn't beat him, damn that difficulty spike, and I don't have the game anymore so I never got to avenge Vaigali. RIP, walrus boy. Lol if the rest of the selkies are seals then Vaigali with his bulk is clearly a walrus.

Althea is neat! Either way, it would be interspecies though. Unless Belle is really half clavat, then I guess the selkie in her would be cancelled out for any potential kids. But if they inherited their father's magic ability, good lord xD I guess it's between clavkies (male clavat + female selkie) that might have magic and clavties (male clavat + female lilty) that most likely will have magic. Althea has magic too. This is of course assuming crystal bearer magic ability can be passed down genetically. Either way it'd be a riot and a half. I picture kids running around blasting things lol.

Sid was awesome too and so were Keiss and Amadatelion (probably spelled that wrong) and I hate Jegran's guts for what he tried to do to my favorite FFCC race. That's a war crime outside of a time of war! Not cool!

4 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Wait hold up, Belle is half clavat? Since when? Where does it say that? Because I played up to the final boss. Couldn't beat him, damn that difficulty spike, and I don't have the game anymore so I never got to avenge Vaigali. RIP, walrus boy. Lol if the rest of the selkies are seals then Vaigali with his bulk is clearly a walrus.

Althea is neat! Either way, it would be interspecies though. Unless Belle is really half clavat, then I guess the selkie in her would be cancelled out for any potential kids. But if they inherited their father's magic ability, good lord xD I guess it's between clavkies (male clavat + female selkie) that might have magic and clavties (male clavat + female lilty) that most likely will have magic. Althea has magic too. This is of course assuming crystal bearer magic ability can be passed down genetically. Either way it'd be a riot and a half. I picture kids running around blasting things lol.

Sid was awesome too and so were Keiss and Amadatelion (probably spelled that wrong) and I hate Jegran's guts for what he tried to do to my favorite FFCC race. That's a war crime outside of a time of war! Not cool!

Yeah she's mixed race. My guess is that Clavats are more fertile than other races? There's probably some farming joke in there somewhere. It's weird that the only people that are mixed have some Clavat as their other half. But there's no examples I can think of where other races can reproduce. I don't think it matters if it's a male clavat or not though, because the princess from CC had a Lilty father and a Clavat mother. But I got that from the Wiki so who knows how true that is.

And yes, the treatment of Yukes was the worst. It makes me understand why the Mark of Shella was needed to get into their town.

Edited by Dandy Druid

30 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Yeah she's mixed race. My guess is that Clavats are more fertile than other races? There's probably some farming joke in there somewhere. It's weird that the only people that are mixed have some Clavat as their other half. But there's no examples I can think of where other races can reproduce. I don't think it matters if it's a male clavat or not though, because the princess from CC had a Lilty father and a Clavat mother. But I got that from the Wiki so who knows how true that is.

And yes, the treatment of Yukes was the worst. It makes me understand why the Mark of Shella was needed to get into their town.

I was saying if Layle got with Belle or Althea, he's the male, so clavat would be first in the hybrid name. It's like how a tigon is male tiger + female lion and a liger is male lion + female tiger. Maybe clavats are just the most okay with mixing? Because I'm pretty sure a lilty and a selkie could. Yukes might be able to, but a hybrid yuke would look weird. Princess Fiona in the original was a liltat, yeah. Male lilty + female clavat. I could make a list of what I think all the hybrid names would be but you get the point.

I meant the treatment of selkies, they're my favorite, not yukes. Jegran built that torture prison because they were being a minor pain in the butt. Basically "they're not respecting the lilty empire, so I'm going to kill them all very painfully" But yeah the yukes being exiled is bad too.

Still, where are you getting that Belle is part clavat? The wiki? Because like I said I got literally to the end of the game and saw nothing about it.