New Heroes Appear: Nohrian Dusk (September 14th ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FINALLY MY GIRL NINA ARRIVES!

Guess who I’m pulling!!!!

2 hours ago, Midnight Torch said:

So Flora is basically a Hector killer. Plus Silas finally got in. There go my orbs

Except for B!Hector. I’ll have a 100 orbs by this banner, so Hopefully I can get Nina easily so I can get Flora too.

7 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Niles's ATK sucks, so it makes sense that his kid is weak too.

Oh yeah that’s true huh. Still, the damage output is probably with shining bow’s effect factored in, which just makes it worse. I guess I’m just used to the powercreep.

Anyway, I’m pulling for Flora because she was one of my favorites and I s-ranked her in Fates. Silas being the demote is a plus because I like him too. Wouldn’t mind pulling Ophelia or Nina too

7 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Nah, Laegjarn's sacrifice is unnecessary if Laevatainn is dead.

Laegjarn's death will help further develop Laevatainn as a character (who is quite weak right now), it's a typical writing convention. 

Honestly, I’m not willing to put any faith in the prospect of this story even following a simple convention like that. If they were OK with offing Gunnthra before she did literally anything, I don’t see why they can’t randomly off either fire princess (who have gotten development at least, but have ultimately just been faces that the heroes beat up repeatedly).

10 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Niles's ATK sucks, so it makes sense that his kid is weak too.

Yeah, run her with Linde and Merric, since both of them benefit from being near mages with Aura/Excalibur's refinements, and one of the Performing Arts dancer mages or Dancer!Micaiah for the fourth mage. Also Quickened Pulse so she can instant-Aether people.

I'll be rolling just for Flora this banner (partially because I wanna give her Summoner-S, Sturdy Blow 2 and ATK/DEF 2 Seal and staple an M!Corrin with refined Yato, S-Support and Spur DEF 6 to her so that Flora, assuming she has Felicia's DEF, can have 60 DEF and probably-respectable ATK when initiating against melee units and Bonfire them to death), but Ophelia looks super neat too. Pit Silas looks good for a demote, hell he might even be good outside of being fodder (though Steady Stance fodder is cool, and DEF Wave fodder would also be neat if he pitybroke me on a future banner). Nina has nothing of interest to me whatsoever, so Colorless is skipped. I kinda wish she'd demote with Silas, but I know it won't happen.

Dancer Miciah, Linde and Merric sound a perfect team to go with her.  Dancing, mage buffs, all color coverage.  Nice stuff.  

23 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Alternatively, Laegjarn might be willingly sacrificing herself because Laevatein is dead at that point in the story and as a result Laegjarn has nothing left to live for so basically a win-win scenario for me.

Revenge is something to live for, and Laegjarn would definitely go for that even if the odds were slim to none.  Whatever it is hopefully the writing is...I won't say great, I won't say good, but hopefully servicable/decent.  

2 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

Flora being able to shut down Myrrh's Great Flame, just as I +10'd Myrrh, doesn't feel good.

Blue color sharing also does not feel good.

Yea. Flora is bonkers. She shuts down WF, Omnibreaker and Great Flame. Add to the fact she survives a hit from counterattacks and Hoarfrost Knife with her stat line is ridiculous. Hoarfrost + Glacies + QP. Add everything else on the weapon on top of that.

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Yea. Flora is bonkers. She shuts down WF, Omnibreaker and Great Flame. Add to the fact she survives a hit from counterattacks and Hoarfrost Knife with her stat line is ridiculous. Hoarfrost + Glacies + QP. Add everything else on the weapon on top of that.

It sound s like time to bring out the brave bows tho

Boring mage, boring archer.

Good fodder on the demote.

A counter unit that wont be used in arena because of how arena scoring works.

All that and the characters holding zero interest to me makes this banner an easy skip. Hopefully Garon has some nice fodder.

4 minutes ago, Khid said:

Anyway, I’m pulling for Flora because she was one of my favorites and I s-ranked her in Fates. Silas being the demote is a plus because I like him too. Wouldn’t mind pulling Ophelia or Nina too

Hey, so did I!

And I'm happy that Pit Silas is the demote too! Mostly because he has the third-best skillset on the banner (Nina's just doesn't do anything for me, though I guess it works well with Sumia since she has ATK/DEF Link and those two moving each other would give them both +6 to everything, but that doesn't interest me), so I'll be able to luck into some great fodder in the future, outside of the one I build up.

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

Dancer Miciah, Linde and Merric sound a perfect team to go with her.  Dancing, mage buffs, all color coverage.  Nice stuff.  

I actually hadn't considered that... and now I'm mildly annoyed that the only tome Dancer I have is Shigure.

6 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

FINALLY MY GIRL NINA ARRIVES!

Guess who I’m pulling!!!!

Mist!
No, Jaffar!
No no wait
Sothe!
But he's a 5-Star!

Seriously though, good luck getting Nina tomorrow, dude. May Colorless Hell go easy on you.
Or at least give you a Veronica or two if it won't cough up Nina.

I don't get why +20 defence on initiation against a subset of units is such a big deal when firesweep weapons already give effectively +infinity defence and res on initiation, flora can still die to a counterattack, firesweep users cannot and guaranteed doubles on EP units doesn't make much of a difference when most of them dump speed 

17 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Flora is not bonkers. She does what every dagger should have been able to do... being able to tackle enemys safely and debuff them. She is good against melees/dragons that use distant counter, thats it. She wont make a follow up attack against non DC users or mages. Remember she only gets +20 def if she initiates against them, so a playerphase unit will take her out easy

In an essence Flora with Watersweep can basicly target all units safely, ecxept for bows and other dagger users! Which is nice if you want her for debuffing, but she wont make a follow up attack on anyone, unless its a DC melee user and she outspeeds them. Or you say **** and just let her be a Melee killing machine

Now Ophelia is bonkers! Because she can run Special Spiral on the get go and provide some nasty special combos for other mages in combination with quickened pulse for Arena (though low scoring = meh)

14 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I don't get why +20 defence on initiation against a subset of units is such a big deal when firesweep weapons already give effectively +infinity defence and res on initiation, flora can still die to a counterattack, firesweep users cannot and guaranteed doubles on EP units doesn't make much of a difference when most of them dump speed 

This pretty much sums it up.

It looks like I was wrong and the banner actually featured Silas...as the obvious demote. They really aren’t hiding it this time. I’m far more interested in Garon than the units featured in this banner. I hope next week’s banner is less disappointing. 

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

Flora is not bonkers. She does what every dagger should have been able to do... being able to tackle enemys safely and debuff them. She is good against melees/dragons that use distant counter, thats it. She wont make a follow up attack against non DC users or mages. Remember she only gets +20 def if she initiates against them, so a playerphase unit will take her out easy

From a arena perspective what Flora can do is amazing. Cancelling Omnibreaker, WF, Earthsweep. Even if her def is lowish she could potentially have greater defense than Myrrh. Add to the table she can proc Glacies in one round of combat with Flashing Blade. Oooo, boy. But we need to see her stats. So far I'm really impressed

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

From a arena perspective what Flora can do is amazing. Cancelling Omnibreaker, WF, Earthsweep. Even if her def is lowish she could potentially have greater defense than Myrrh. Add to the table she can proc Glacies in one round of combat with Flashing Blade. Oooo, boy. But we need to see her stats. So far I'm really impressed

and yet she will die to tanky bow/dagger/tome user or get wrecked by playerphase units that initiate on her. Bold Fighter exists and there are Fast Dragon users out there that will target the weaker stat.
She is just a clear counter for all those enemy phase Dragons/infantry users that run DC + QR. Thats it. And even then she still can get counter attacked by them. Besides she will mostly suck against melee player/enemy phase units that dont use Distant counter, because she doesnt get a guaranteed follow up attack on them!

Flora's Hoarfrost Knife...Now we're even getting into weapon-description powercreep, to say nothing of Ophelia's Rally powercreep (for what that's worth). Also nice to see Silas as blue Reposition fodder, but he really did get shafted in the skill department. Nina's not anything spectacular either, but she's still more interesting than someone who looks like he's going to be Florina without even flying utility.

Personally I really want Flora for the awesome colored dagger and character bias, but on the other hand I'm finally building up a reasonable orb stock again. Going to have to pass on this banner and just hope that Feh favors me and I get Flora on the free pull.

She has a niche, we know her res is good so she can fill the role as both mage bait and a Dragon/DC counter, unless they trash her atk she is going to be fairly slow, so non DC melee units and bows will give her a hard time and if she hasn't killed the enemy dragon/dc well she's dead cause they will ignis/black luna/aether her face for trying 

Edited by Mackc2

Just saw the video, but before rating, I'll wait for the stats. Also EASY skip for me, as I'm not really into Fates, I have enough Fates character, and even the skillsets don't offer me that much. If this means Silas gets to 4*, he's more than welcome. Also Ophelia is another step towards the infantry mages getting more Special Cooldown, is this going to be a trend?

Let's talk about the Elephant in the room. Red Dagger Flora who gets 20 Def if initiates against a melee unit, and doubles if they have Distant Counter. 20 Def is outrageous, but it's going to be character exclusive for sure, and while it seems like she is built against Distant Counter units, her premium stat should be her Res judging by her set. I wonder which stat will she suffers in, it can get rough for her. Also looking forward to Solo skills, I know some units who'd love to inherit that.

2 hours ago, sirmola said:

Honestly, I would would not want her if we did not get a free one. When gunthra died, it felt like a cheap excuse to not give us a free guntraa.

Can we put this conspiracy theory to rest? We only got one of the Nifl characters for free, Fjorm, which was to let people try out the legendary hero/blessing system. It was never stated or implied that all OCs would be given out for free. The only free 5* units we've gotten otherwise were from player poll events (Ike and CYL).

It would be a big win for fans of the OCs if they were at least available in the summoning pool.

Edit: There are also TT rewards, but I digress. No other free 5* units that are also in the summoning pool.

Edited by NekoKnight

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Should have been given armour effectiveness on top really.

And cavalry, flier, and infantry effectiveness. Omni Breaker is a thing, so should omni effectiveness too.

3 minutes ago, KMT4ever said:

Nina's not anything spectacular either

Depends on her stats. I do not think she will be anywhere close to BB!Cordelia or ASS!Takumi, but if she matches or surpasses them, she will still be highly sought after.

1 minute ago, Garlyle said:

Let's talk about the Elephant in the room. Red Dagger Flora who gets 20 Def if initiates against a melee unit, and doubles if they have Distant Counter. 20 Def is outrageous, but it's going to be character exclusive for sure, and while it seems like she is built against Distant Counter units, her premium stat should be her Res judging by her set. I wonder which stat will she suffers in, it can get rough for her. Also looking forward to Solo skills, I know some units who'd love to inherit that.

+20 Def is not outrageous if all she does is debuff your blue unit and still dies by immolation from a Bonfire trigger.

For me this banner is the most easily skip-able banner they could have done. Ophilia is meh, Silas is the most obvious demote ever and Nina doesn't seem to have anything exciting either. 

I do like Flora, but not enough for me to actually pull for her.

Edit: Ow wow Silas is even more unremarkable then I thought. Not a slaying lance that gives -1 cooldown, but a slaying spear that is just effective against armours.

Edited by Sasori