New Heroes Appear: Nohrian Dusk (September 14th ~)

Coolmanio

9 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Ophelia is just another blue tome unit. Jeez, how many of them do we have?

We have, including Ophelia and seasonal units, 15 infantry blue tome units. We have, including Ophelia and seasonal units, 25 blue tome units in total, 26 if we include Bruno in this list..

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I believe the salt is bigger because:

1. Fates has the biggest roster represented in Heroes.
  2. With the exception of Love Abounds Banner, every single seasonal banner has at least one Awakening unit or one Fates units, which is a little annoying...

Almost every single month has at least one new Awakening/Fates unit, being a seasonal or not.

Definitely, however I feel if they actually balanced the release schedule to give us some new Tellius, Thracia, Archanaean and Binding Blade characters, I feel like the frustration would be reduced significantly. 

There are a lot of characters not being included that make me just go... why? For example, Lewyn would be one of 'em until his recent release. There are a few more (Lex, Briggid, Azel), but they weren't as urgent as him.

I feel like they're avoiding Tellius since its most popular characters are all Beast units, however it's an absolute shame we don't have the remaining Greil Mercanaries or even the Dawn Brigade. Similarly, no Mercurius (Astram) or Minerva alt are huge shames as well (and I'm not particularly a fan of either). 

21 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I feel like they're avoiding Tellius since its most popular characters are all Beast units, however it's an absolute shame we don't have the remaining Greil Mercanaries or even the Dawn Brigade.

That's true. Boyd, Rhys, Shinon, Gatrie, Rolf, Edward, Leonardo, Nolan... there are a lot of units from Tellius. Only these units would make 2 or 3 banners.

Another banner ideas are: Bastian, Lucia and Geoffrey, as the Heroes of Crimea banner; and Jill, Zihark and Tauroneo, as the Daein Liberation Army Banner.

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

True, I was just wondering what Silas's niche could be since we do have a fair bit of lance cavalry in the pool. It just occured to me how the highest Def 4 star cav is Oscar at 26 Def. Unless Quan somehow demotes.

He could be a blue Frederick. Silas's highest stats as Atk and Def, but having lowish Spd and terrible Res. And even wielding an armor-killing weapon as his base weapon (since Freddy comes with Hammer). Able to run the same set I've got on my Frederick pretty well, sans the weapon for obvious reasons. That's what I want to do with him, actually. Turn him into blue Freddy. :P And I WOULD like someone else who can tank the crap out of physical stuff. I'll always love my Freddy Bear, but can't always use him.

Edited by Anacybele

48 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm pretty sure they're never going to release Brave, Firesweep, or Litrblade daggers. Brave and Litrblade run counter to what appears to be the intent of the dagger class in general, and Firesweep is unlikely for similar reasons.

They should at least do Firesweep. That is the only safe way for dagger units to debuff enemies. Right now, staff units are just plain better at debuffing with AOTB!Veronica. Pain-Savage Blow-Savage Blow is also basically like the debuffing effect of daggers, but targeting HP instead of Def/Res and is a little riskier if the enemy got Wings of Mercy.

9 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

That's true. Boyd, Rhys, Shinon, Gatrie, Rolf, Edward, Leonardo, Nolan... there are a lot of units from Tellius. Only these units would make 2 or 3 banners.

Another banner ideas are: Bastian, Lucia and Geoffrey, as the Heroes of Crimea banner; and Jill, Zihark and Tauroneo, as the Daein Liberation Army Banner.

Those would be sick banners, although I definitely see them completely ignoring characters like Bastian and Tauroneo. Have we even got a summonable older character since launch? The closest that comes to mind is Hardin, but he's not comparable since he's one of the main antagonists. I'd be especially upset if they add someone like Pent, only to shaft him like they typically do to male characters, instead making his wife absurdly powerful.

Similarly, I'm surprised we don't even have units like Marcus/Oifey have been ignored when other characters that fall under a similar category (Titania, Seth, Finn, Sothe) have all been added.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I was thinking... the name of this banner is Nohrian Dusk, with nohrian units, so we could have a Hoshidan Dawn Banner in Sep 21st, with only hoshidan units, and then the October 2nd Voting Gauntlet could be Nohr Vs. Hoshido.

That would be entirely boring imo. We've had plenty of banners for Fates and plenty of gauntlets with a lot of Fates units.

EDIT: Does older Bartre count, Slippery Slippy? Also, Jagen and Gunter are old. ...Oh you said since launch, nvm.

Edited by Anacybele

Well I will pull red on my free pull then quit since while I like Silas he is going to drop which for me is a good thing since I will be able to get him much easier then if he stayed at 5* only.  The next banner really should be FE 9,10 or 6 other wise I may send feedback asking for those games to get banners because I am getting really sick of Fates/Awakening banners every month this year it seems like.  The only thing that makes me happy about this banner is it is a 4 person banner and it has no alts which makes me very happy. 

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That would be entirely boring imo. We've had plenty of banners for Fates and plenty of gauntlets with a lot of Fates units.

EDIT: Does older Bartre count, Slippery Slippy? Also, Jagen and Gunter are old. ...Oh you said since launch, nvm.

Bartre definitely counts age-wise, he completely slipped my mind, to be honest.

I think the older females could count too (Reina, Niime) but they seem... more probable than their male counterparts at this point.

19 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Now I noticed that Ophelia's Tome is a reference to her personal skill in Fates: "Bibliophile: If carrying 3 or more Tomes/Scrolls, +10 to Ophelia's Critical rate."

I like that. Would've been nice if a lot of people from Fates had some form of skill based on their Personal Skill. Vow of Friendship's effect trigger off of from whoever Silas has a Support with if they are fielded?

And forgive me if this is a stupid question derived from the fact I never watch the vids, but why is Flora Red with a weapon called the Hoarfrost Dagger? Frost = ice = Blue in FEH, correct? I mean in mainline FE, I think Ice is more subsumed under Wind, which is Green in FEH, but I shalt not argue with FEH's altered rules.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And forgive me if this is a stupid question derived from the fact I never watch the vids, but why is Flora Red with a weapon called the Hoarfrost Dagger? Frost = ice = Blue in FEH, correct? I mean in mainline FE, I think Ice is more subsumed under Wind, which is Green in FEH, but I shalt not argue with FEH's altered rules.

Flora and Felicia are from the Ice Kingdom. Ice is like, their thing, so it makes sense. Not really much to do with the dagger color~

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Flora and Felicia are from the Ice Kingdom. Ice is like, their thing, so it makes sense. Not really much to do with the dagger color~

B-b-but @Ice Dragon"s entire logic for Colored Bows was color would be assigned according to the elemental association of the weapon!

But wait! Nina and her Shining Bow, despite sounding like it should be associated with Light, and thus Blue, is Colorless, correct?

Maybe Colored Daggers and Bows shall be assigned on a semi-arbitrary basis. Not always, but sometimes.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I am just shocked that Flora exists as is. That dagger is kinda nuts and ATK/RES Solo is nuts, or rather what it hints at what could be. An ATK/SPD Solo would just be downright better than Life and Death since a player phase unit is likely to move out and then get danced/repoed out of the way. So it is effectively a free +6 each.

Nice to see Silas. Kinda disappointed in his kit and art though. Still I don't have a highly mergable lance cav that I really want to merge up. Depending on stats and if he drops he might just become that guy.

Edited by Usana

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

but why is Flora Red

She immolated herself in Birthright to preserve her honor for betraying Corrin, her lord. The lord-retainer relationship is taken very seriously in Fates and shit gets real when that sacred bond gets broken.

Although it sounds kind of awesome when I typed that up, if you played the game or saw the gameplay, the execution of that scene was... well, it could have been much more dramatic and better. Maybe it is better in the Japanese version.

Easy skip for me, but I'm grateful for the orbs because I'm sitting at 5.00% on Doors of Destiny.

I'm neutral towards Ophelia and while her tome is neat I don't think it's worth it. Also, I have twelve blue mages already. Why use her when I could use The Reinhardt or Ishtar for pure damage, or Saias, Lute, or Delthea for support? I didn't like Dual Rally+, and I really dislike her new rally.

I don't like Cyrus or Nina so they're easy passes. Nina gives me hope Light Brand gets an refine because Shining Bow is pretty much a flat out better version thanks to the refine. Cyrus is the most painfully obvious demote since probably Seth. Blue has Reposition now, but it also means every time you roll you have a chance of getting Cyrus instead of the 5* you want. He should have been added to the 3*-4* like Kaze. But maybe he'll be like Oscar and have good stats. I doubt it since we just got Quan, but it's possible.

Flora is one of my favorite Fates characters but that's not enough to justify pulling for a red dagger. Hoarfrost is too much and I don't care about the context, +20 to any stat is too much from one effect.

I'm most excited for Garon. He'll likely just be worse Hector, and I probably won't promote him now that I'm actually able to save feathers, but he could be neat.

So either next week's Banner is Hoshido, or IS has finally stopped hiding their Nohr-bias. (The Tap Battles make me think FE7 is next anyway.)

Silas is the only character I care about and not only is he by far the worst here, he's the obvious choice for demotion, so this is a skip for me. (Not that I mind, since he's just here as a pitybreaker for Ophelia anyway.)

So, I have a hard time telling what weapons are inheritable and which ones aren't. (I.e., I tried to get Flying Nino's tome for Soren...and only figured out it was uninheritable after I got flying Nino.) You guys think that the Hoarfrost Knife will be inheritable? 'Cause that'd be cool.

11 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I'm hoping she'll be on the 9/21 banner. I don't care if they have to pull some "rite of frost reverses the Muspell flame sacrifice" bs out of nowhere, just give that poor girl some decent closure (and let us summon her).

Oh, that would be so nice. Just let me have best girl. At this point, I'm mostly banking on her winning CYL3.

10 hours ago, XRay said:

In my opinion, what daggers need to be relevant are the basics. Brave, Firesweep, and Blade are the three most important offensive effects for ranged Weapons. Brave and Blade gives a unit raw killing power while Firesweep gives a unit maximum coverage. They can give daggers fun gimmicks all they want, but that will make daggers stay niche.

As Ice Dragon said, those seem to run counter to what they want daggers to be. Firesweep is a possibility, but daggers seem more about weakening your enemy to death rather than buffing yourself up to ORKO them. My guess is they'll keep stacking effects until the daggers are good and only if they've exhausted every other reasonable possibility will they add those.

2 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

So, I have a hard time telling what weapons are inheritable and which ones aren't. (I.e., I tried to get Flying Nino's tome for Soren...and only figured out it was uninheritable after I got flying Nino.) You guys think that the Hoarfrost Knife will be inheritable? 'Cause that'd be cool.

Generally if there's a + next to the name it's inheritable since the normal version will be the 4* and the + version will be the 5*. Flora's knife might be obtainable by Felicia for similar reasons Fir and Karel got Nameless Blade or Eliwood got Blazing Durandal, but even that's not exactly guaranteed. Definitely won't be generally inheritable.

1 hour ago, bottlegnomes said:

Generally if there's a + next to the name it's inheritable since the normal version will be the 4* and the + version will be the 5*. Flora's knife might be obtainable by Felicia for similar reasons Fir and Karel got Nameless Blade or Eliwood got Blazing Durandal, but even that's not exactly guaranteed. Definitely won't be generally inheritable.

I see. Thanks for the tip! And that's too bad. May have been cool to give her dagger to one of the dancers or something.

39 minutes ago, AndrewMcC00l said:

Cyrus

Cy-si, it works.

R=rl=l.

Us = As.

Two equally realistic but very different names that Mr. Cav could get. This is unusual.

37 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

(The Tap Battles make me think FE7 is next anyway.)

That game has grown very rapidly already, with another banner it should reach half of its roster in the game. I think it has had enough for now.

And when has there been a correlation between Tap Battle and New Heroes?

2 hours ago, XRay said:

They should at least do Firesweep. That is the only safe way for dagger units to debuff enemies. Right now, staff units are just plain better at debuffing with AOTB!Veronica. Pain-Savage Blow-Savage Blow is also basically like the debuffing effect of daggers, but targeting HP instead of Def/Res and is a little riskier if the enemy got Wings of Mercy.

Firesweep is strictly worse than Dazzling Staff and would really just be another disservice to the weapon type when compared to staves. You have no ability to counterattack on enemy phase, you have no ability to choose what kind of debuff you want to inflict, and you have no access to the additional effects of other dagger weapons (granted, Dazzling Staff on an effective-damage weapon sounds slightly worrisome).

It would be better to have dagger-specific A or B skills that do something similar.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

B-b-but Ice Dragon's entire logic for Colored Bows was color would be assigned according to the elemental association of the weapon! But wait! Nina and her Shining Bow, despite sounding like it should be associated with Light, and thus Blue, is Colorless, correct?

Maybe Colored Daggers and Bows shall be assigned on a semi-arbitrary basis. Not always, but sometimes.

"Something something Flame Shuriken something something" floats around almost every time I hear Flora's name, so it might reference that, but I know nothing of Fates so that is all I can say.

Shining Bow is an inheritable weapon, so there's no reason to color the unit based on it.

Ryoma and Elincia appear to be colored based on their character and not their weapons, though it's hard to really say with so few examples. Xander's Dusk Uchiwa and Ryoma's Sky Maiougi are both not very elemental-sounding, yet Ryoma is blue, so I can only assume it's based on his association with Raijinto, which is blatantly thunder elemental.

EDIT:

55 minutes ago, XRay said:

She immolated herself in Birthright to preserve her honor for betraying Corrin, her lord.

That makes more sense.

1 hour ago, Usana said:

I am just shocked that Flora exists as is. That dagger is kinda nuts and ATK/RES Solo is nuts, or rather what it hints at what could be. An ATK/SPD Solo would just be downright better than Life and Death since a player phase unit is likely to move out and then get danced/repoed out of the way. So it is effectively a free +6 each.

The only thing particularly notable about Hoarfrost Knife is the fact that it gives +20 Def on initiation against melee-ranged opponents, which is honestly something that daggers kind of need at this point.

Not being able to initiate against Distant Counter melees is a huge problem for daggers in just being able to do their jobs because they otherwise just keel over and die.

Edited by Ice Dragon