New Heroes Appear: Nohrian Dusk (September 14th ~)

Coolmanio

I’m on the fence on whether or not to summon. On one hand, Flora seems really good, and is giving me Lewyn Deja vu, and Lewyn is a unit that I love to use. On the other hand, I have no idea what is coming up. I’ll probably wait till the next banner is revealed and decide then. Maybe I’ll pick early depending on the stats

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

So, Laegjarn confirmed dead.

I caught this too, seriously WTF?  I guess big sisters don't do to well in Heroes.  First Gunnthra, and now Laegjarn.  I hope she is only offering in place of someone else....maybe Laevetain?  No offense to her, but if I have to choose...

Ophelia art is maybe the best on the banner.  Silas is the definite drop here they made it obvious this time.  Flora is the star, and the only one I'm interested in.   Seriously love how the dagger screws over DC units, cause many ranged units get destroyed cause of DC.  Daggers especially suck since they do physical damage and most DC units have a ton of defense, and then if they don't want to get countered they have to use windsweep or something.  Flora and that dagger in particular is the best part of the banner.  Want to team her up with my built Felicia, Ice sisters to the end.

Red is hell though, I'll just pull any reds on the initial free summon and call it a day.  Plus the huge month long banner may be beast units or something else insane.  Legendary banner will be stacked this month too.  

Yes! Silas!!!!

i’m actually glad he is an obvious demote, i may actually have a candidate for a +10 merge! Blue Reposition fodder is also welcome!

and i don’t mind getting Ophelia along the way as well so it works out. Just needs more orbs. And i guess diving back into blue again..

glad to see Nina and Flora as well! Might hold off on Flora though since red pitybreak hell can be annoying. I feel for the Charlotte fans though.

1 minute ago, Lewyn said:

I caught this too, seriously WTF?  I guess big sisters don't do to well in Heroes.  First Gunnthra, and now Laegjarn.  I hope she is only offering in place of someone else....maybe Laevetain?  No offense to her, but if I have to choose...

Ophelia art is maybe the best on the banner.  Silas is the definite drop here they made it obvious this time.  Flora is the star, and the only one I'm interested in.   Seriously love how the dagger screws over DC units, cause many ranged units get destroyed cause of DC.  Daggers especially suck since they do physical damage and most DC units have a ton of defense, and then if they don't want to get countered they have to use windsweep or something.  Flora and that dagger in particular is the best part of the banner.  Want to team her up with my built Felicia, Ice sisters to the end.

Red is hell though, I'll just pull any reds on the initial free summon and call it a day.  Plus the huge month long banner may be beast units or something else insane.  Legendary banner will be stacked this month too.  

She said "me", not them or her. Quite clear what the object is in the sentence grammatically.

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Normally, I'd agree that I'm annoyed with the guy getting shittier skills than the girls, but Silas is going to be our first and currently only 4-star reposition drop in the blue pool, which is something we desperately need. It also makes it more fun to build him, and easier to get after the banner. So we should let it go, just this once.

Yeah, Silas being easier to +10 because he'll drop to 4 star is nice, and having Reposition readily available in blue like that is nice, but I still don't like the way he's being treated just because he doesn't have boobs and a vagina. It's sexist and unfair. And it isn't just Silas getting this treatment either, of course. So I'm not just biased for him here. Players don't only like females, they mostly like both genders. At least I would think. And some players like males more. I tend to prefer males. Not because I'm female either. I just generally find them to be better written and designed in FE. Women tend to be too sexualized for my tastes or just thrown on the backburner in favor of a male character getting more spotlight.

I'm not saying the players who like females more can't be catered to. They're just the only ones getting so much catering. Meanwhile, the male characters either get regulated to TT or just get crappy skill sets and stats in general. Can't we have more of a balance?

Well, I will be pulling blue for my free pull, I can say this much. Provided I get one in the free pull session, that is. And if I don't, I suppose I'll open another one until I do. But after that, I still don't believe I'll be pulling anymore for him. I don't want to get Ophelia at all.

And I'm glad Silas is in the game at all. I just don't like his treatment much.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Please don't kill off Laeg, she's the only OC I care about.

I care about Helbindi. :P:

Dear me, the only unit I like is Nina. . .and I hated her in Fates.  What is up with this?

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, Silas being easier to +10 because he'll drop to 4 star is nice, and having Reposition readily available in blue like that is nice, but I still don't like the way he's being treated just because he doesn't have boobs and a vagina. It's sexist and unfair. And it isn't just Silas getting this treatment either, of course. So I'm not just biased for him here. Players don't only like females, they mostly like both genders. At least I would think. And some players like males more. I tend to prefer males. Not because I'm female either. I just generally find them to be better written and designed in FE. Women tend to be too sexualized for my tastes or just thrown on the backburner in favor of a male character getting more spotlight.

I'm not saying the players who like females more can't be catered to. They're just the only ones getting so much catering. Meanwhile, the male characters either get regulated to TT or just get crappy skill sets and stats in general. Can't we have more of a balance?

Well, I will be pulling blue for my free pull, I can say this much. Provided I get one in the free pull session, that is. And if I don't, I suppose I'll open another one until I do. But after that, I still don't believe I'll be pulling anymore for him. I don't want to get Ophelia at all.

And I'm glad Silas is in the game at all. I just don't like his treatment much.

I do agree that Heroes seems to be taking a rather annoying trend towards making female units OP while fucking over the male units, even if the male unit was more popular than the female unit. Libra vs. the three girls was a pretty obvious case, as well as Karla vs. Canas. Guess the only thing we can do is spam IS with complaints about how they should stop making male characters the "obligatory drop".

That said, right now I just want my two favorite characters in the game badly enough to put up with the Canas treatment for them. Even if that'd still really suck.

Just now, eclipse said:

What is up with this?

Perhaps they're choosing to play it safe? Fates sold well and is recent. They also played it rather safe with the Summer Seasonal banners, and the Ylisseans. Although the Jugdrali banners have been playing to games that aren't safe at all. Although TBF, despite a high base count, and Seasonals galore, in actual banners, Fates hasn't gotten that many.

Eh, might skip this banner. Save for the fact that I recently killed an enemy NPC named after Silas in a D&D game, I'm not feeling much interest in anybody. Though, I'm curious; is that Anthony Del Rio? He sounds lighter; closer to his Pit voice.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, why does Silas get a smaller skill set than the others? That's not fair to him. Is it because he's not a girl? That's sexist and messed up. It's no wonder players find females more desirable, IS purposely makes them that way. You won't get males selling just as much with this kind of treatment, IS.

I'll give that him being the only guy in a 4-person banner is ehh, but let's not play the sexist card and start dreaming up conspiracy theories on IS being sexist people just because the only guy in the banner happens to have less skills. I get Silas is yo boi, but...

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I do agree that Heroes seems to be taking a rather annoying trend towards making female units OP while fucking over the male units, even if the male unit was more popular than the female unit. Libra vs. the three girls was a pretty obvious case, as well as Karla vs. Canas. Guess the only thing we can do is spam IS with complaints about how they should stop making male characters the "obligatory drop".

That said, right now I just want my two favorite characters in the game badly enough to put up with the Canas treatment for them. Even if that'd still really suck.

Yeah, or tell them to stop making so many TT units males. The only females there are like...Marisa and Ethlyn.

In fact, I'll put both of those in my complaint. I was able to look past Summer Frederick being meh compared to other summer units because he's not really a bad unit at all and the artist made him totally smoking hot, but the treatments of guys like Libra and Silas here and in general are just...ugh.

And I get you there. I've wanted Silas for ages myself! Fates hubby get!

Also, another question about him, why isn't his VA's name listed? Isn't it still the same guy who voices Pit and Dark Pit for Kid Icarus?

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, another question about him, why isn't his VA's name listed? Isn't it still the same guy who voices Pit and Dark Pit for Kid Icarus?

Probably union reasons, the same why Laura Bailey isn't credited on Vanillacina.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think it has something to do with the VA unions? Honestly not completely sure of it myself, but I think that's the reason Laura Bailey isn't credited or Lucina's VA any longer.

EDIT: sniped lol

Edited by saisymbolic

Well, so much for banners staying color balanced.

Ophelia looks like a blast. If I pull for anyone here, it'll be her.

This isn't the first time we've gotten a male unit as the 4* drop on an otherwise-female banner (Libra, Legault, Ares, Shigure, Oscar). Looking at completed banners, the only female example I'm finding is Soleil, but Silvia seems like a pretty safe bet for another.

We literally just got a banner with 2-1 male to female ratio and Lewyn (male) is the star of the banner and new best green infantry mage in the game. I don't think this banner being female-heavy on the back of that one should be a problem. Wish we'd gotten Benny, though.

5 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I'll give that him being the only guy in a 4-person banner is ehh, but let's not play the sexist card and start dreaming up conspiracy theories on IS being sexist people just because the only guy in the banner happens to have less skills. I get Silas is yo boi, but...

I'll admit the wording is a bit harsh, but Silas isn't the only male to get this treatment while the females all get more and better skills. Libra was the only dude on his banner as well and had this happen. And I think there have been other cases too. I can't think of them off the top of my head though. And since the only reason appears to be gender and assumption that females sell better by default, no questions asked...yeah. It just comes off as sexist to me, even if IS doesn't mean that. But maybe it's also Asperger's speaking here for me... Seeing something differently than others and all.

4 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Probably union reasons, the same why Laura Bailey isn't credited on Vanillacina.

3 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

I think it has something to do with the VA unions? Honestly not completely sure of it myself, but I think that's the reason Laura Bailey isn't credited or Lucina's VA any longer.

EDIT: sniped lol

Oh yeah, that... I thought that'd be over by now, but I guess not.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, or tell them to stop making so many TT units males. The only females there are like...Marisa and Ethlyn.

Masked Lucina feels forgotten.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Masked Lucina feels forgotten.

Oh right, her. But she's completely associated with TTs, so it makes sense for her. But Marisa and Ethlyn being the only other two? Just...why?

Edited by Anacybele