New Heroes Appear: Nohrian Dusk (September 14th ~)

Coolmanio

Ophelia is top priority, simply because I really like her art. I might pull for Nina and Flora, but it depends on my orbs...

Honestly, I thought they'd put Silas on a banner with...like...Mozu, or someone.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I like Ophelia and Flora, this banner's not going to get more than 15 orbs from me as there's another New Heroes banner on the 21st (so more new heroes that don't have hard time limits).

More interested in seeing who's going to be on the Sept. 2018 LH banner and next month's seasonal banner. Also gotta save up for Legend Lyn's return and for the possibility of Brave Celica showing up on a LH banner or on a 3-Focus banner.

Also, Silas looking to be the most likely to be demoted so ayyyyy! Slaying Spear, Odd Def Wave, and Steady Stance on a 4* unit. And Reposition on a 4* blue unit. He's also looking to be a budget red armor counter.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Well, my hopes for Iago, Mozu or Shura were easily dashed.

Spoiler

Opheila is here with Missiletainn (Of course) which decreases her cooldown and gives special charge to her magic allies (What madness is this?) and looks pretty, she has a new skill called Rally Up Atk+ which hit multiple allies in range (AFTER HOW MANY MONTHS), a Blazing skill, Sturdy Blow (Huh?) and Chill Res. Nina is a colourless bow with a Shining Bow (which has an effect like Leif, but it's refineable and inheritable. Poor Leif), Draw Back, Moonbow (Nice and easy skills), Spd/Res Link (literally her most interesting skill) and Bow Valour. Silas is a lance cav and is totally dropping, with a Slaying Spear, Reposition (Is this an apology for not dropping Sumia from 5*?), Steady stance (Nice) and Even Def Wave (Well, he'll still be good fodder.). Flora has a Red Shuriken (Well the leakers were right.) and is the one unit who isn't a bore. She has Iceberg, Def Ploy and QR3, all good things. Now for the crazy stuff. Her A skill gives her Atk/Res +6 when nobody's next to her. That whole series of skills sounds busted as all hell, particularly because it's actually higher than than the totals given by the Bond skills, which is a mistake in my opinion. Her weapon has a description as long as LoTR, but she gets +20 Defence against 1-range units and guaranteed followup if they counter, accelerates her special and reduces defences on multiple enemies.

Also, Garon GHB. The Garons meme must come back now, right?

TLDR: Flora is literally the one unit to give a crap over. She might cause a new meta with the Solo skills.

Well, so this is my opinion: 

I used Nina a lot in Conquest, but not being a cavalry archer (you could do it at the time you get her in Conquest) and having his daddy at +7, I think I can pass.

Ophelia is interesting, but that’s all. Sharing colour with the obvious demote doesn’t help either. 

Silas is a good demotion, though. He brings 2 new skills to the 4* summoning pool. It would be interesting if he had Def Wave as his 4* skill, as Steady Stance is mostly used as a stepping stone for Steady Breath. 

Flora seems good I guess, but I don’t usually use daggers anyway

1 minute ago, Javi Blizz said:

Flora seems good I guess, but I don’t usually use daggers anyway

Flora is ok in a sense that she is the first dagger unit that can compete in higher T20 and T21 Arena and not get slaughtered when she initiates attacks without desperation or wind/watersweep active. But thats it. She still suffers from lower dagger BST and bulk and prolly wont be able to take a hit from Bold Fighter users.

@Dayni That 1 point difference might be not that big issue on the Solo skills, as unit cannot get bonus from Spur skills now. But I can already see how useful Solo skills can be on units like L!Ephraim or Walhart.

Yay for Silas, Nina and Flora. Not a huge fan of Ophelia. I've come to expect female weighted banners now to the point where the last one was a very pleasant surprise and this is just the norm. I wish it would look like two of the four would demote, though. 

Incredibly happy about yet another alt free banner, although I'm gonna ruin the stats on my side by not pulling. I like Nina and Flora, but not enough to waste orbs with everything that's coming up, and Silas is an obvious demote. I'll free pull for Nina and then leave it.

2 hours ago, Thane said:

Mate, this is how you summon L'Arachel. 

Anyway, Flora is one of my very favorite units in Fates and I always liked Ophelia and Nina's designs (plus the former's weapon seems sweet as heck) so I'll be going for all the ladies this banner. I'm terrified of getting Silas though as I only have some 220 orbs. 

I really wanted L'Arachel out of all the units on her debut banner.  I got L'Arachel.  No regrets!  She's a super-mobile ploy-bot that drops enemy's health from full to zero.

In other words, if this is how I get Silas, I'm totally gonna do it~!

16 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

@Dayni That 1 point difference might be not that big issue on the Solo skills, as unit cannot get bonus from Spur skills now. But I can already see how useful Solo skills can be on units like L!Ephraim or Walhart.

They can still get drives though, which in my opinion while not as powerful have the versatility down in my opinion, to the point that I use them more than I ever did regular spurs (It also helps that I've pulled so many Tailtiu, so much arena score fodder on one unit's nice.). Non-infantry also have Ward and Goad to assist, so I could see it being really useful on fliers that don't use movement skills that turn to get to the enemy.

Also, yeah L'Ephraim was definitely one that came to mind. Walhart getting +10 on any stat (Barring Res) without accounting for their allies before he charged on his own is also pretty good, though not as crazy. Just watch out, Greenhardt might get Atk/Spd Solo now and destroy the meta.

4 hours ago, Alistair said:

Probably union reasons, the same why Laura Bailey isn't credited on Vanillacina.

That's still a little weird though. Laura Bailey obviously is more expensive because she's a veteran by now.

But Del Rio is still largely unknown. He was fantastic as Pit but also kinda disappeared again afterwards, aside from his Fates roles. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Come to think of it..we don’t really have a lot of 4 star defensive lance cavaliers? Camus is GHB and Clive is TT, so i expect Silas to have good defense especially because of his base kit

i don’t mind if Steady Stance is 5 star locked, you usually only want the 2nd level as a stepping stone for Steady Breath anyway. Reposition is always nice especially when i’m running low on fodder. Can’t wait to see his stats and Even Def Wave would work well for Odin as an alternative since Def/Res Link isn’t in the normal pool yet. 

also like how Missiletain references Ophelia’s personal skill in a way. Because Heroes only allows 1 weapon, i like how they incorporated having multiple tomes in your team as an effect for lower cooldown (the equivalent of higher crit chance). Points for that and for using Winter Lissa’s artist for that Ylissean connection. Now Owain when for Mystletainn/Missiletain Emblem? Don’t mind if I get pitybroken by her, mostly because of connection to Owain.

not that big on Nina’s art but it’s nice to have Shining Bow in the game (if only it was more like Felicia’s Plate it would be even better and make archers more interesting without adding colours). Still glad she’s in since most people want Ophelia for a second gen unit. Surprised Forrest isn’t here but i guess shares colourless focus would be even more annoying than other colours. More link skills are always welcome.

Flora is nice as well but pulling red on a non-legendary banner might be too annoying for me to give it a go. At least she has nice skills plus Def Ploy is in the normal pool now.

35 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Come to think of it..we don’t really have a lot of 4 star defensive lance cavaliers? Camus is GHB and Clive is TT, so i expect Silas to have good defense especially because of his base kit

i don’t mind if Steady Stance is 5 star locked, you usually only want the 2nd level as a stepping stone for Steady Breath anyway. Reposition is always nice especially when i’m running low on fodder. Can’t wait to see his stats and Even Def Wave would work well for Odin as an alternative since Def/Res Link isn’t in the normal pool yet. 

also like how Missiletain references Ophelia’s personal skill in a way. Because Heroes only allows 1 weapon, i like how they incorporated having multiple tomes in your team as an effect for lower cooldown (the equivalent of higher crit chance). Points for that and for using Winter Lissa’s artist for that Ylissean connection. Now Owain when for Mystletainn/Missiletain Emblem? Don’t mind if I get pitybroken by her, mostly because of connection to Owain.

not that big on Nina’s art but it’s nice to have Shining Bow in the game (if only it was more like Felicia’s Plate it would be even better and make archers more interesting without adding colours). Still glad she’s in since most people want Ophelia for a second gen unit. Surprised Forrest isn’t here but i guess shares colourless focus would be even more annoying than other colours. More link skills are always welcome.

Flora is nice as well but pulling red on a non-legendary banner might be too annoying for me to give it a go. At least she has nice skills plus Def Ploy is in the normal pool now.

Sumia's kit made her out be tanky, but she was quite speedy inatead. I wouldn't get my hopes up too much for a bulky lance cavalry though it could happen

7 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Sumia's kit made her out be tanky, but she was quite speedy inatead. I wouldn't get my hopes up too much for a bulky lance cavalry though it could happen

True, I was just wondering what Silas's niche could be since we do have a fair bit of lance cavalry in the pool. It just occured to me how the highest Def 4 star cav is Oscar at 26 Def. Unless Quan somehow demotes.

Also he's gonna be a great Zelgius killer if he gets the right stats. Funny how I was casually building Clive with a Heavy Spear when Silas already comes with the upgraded weapon

Also I'm glad Silas shares the same artist as Ike, Linus and Cain- all characters I like. Funny how he shares Steady Stance with my other favourite Fates character Shiro, so a more mobile Shiro-esque unit would be welcome (not exactly expecting Lukas -like bulk yet).

And hey being lance (and blue, my favourite colour :D) means if he has the right spread, maybe Berkut's Lance can also work.

Geez, there's always so much salt whenever Fates gets involve.

At long last, the best boi is here. Silas being such obvious 4* demotion makes it even better. He has such a solid base kit to build up from. The only thing I'm afraid of is his stats being completely worthless.

49 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Geez, there's always so much salt whenever Fates gets involve.

Where?

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Funny how he shares Steady Stance with my other favourite Fates character Shiro, so a more mobile Shiro-esque unit would be welcome (not exactly expecting Lukas -like bulk yet).

Ryoma x Silas confirmed?

All 4 units are interesting:

I am in a neutral position about Ophelia. I would like to have her, but I don't need her. Rally Up Atk+ is something I would love to have. Then, I could give it to my Titania, and she would be able to buff all 4 stats from allies (Res Tactic refinement, Rally Up Atk+, Spd Tactic C-skill and Def Tactic Seal).

I could care less about Nina. I never used ser in Fates, and I probably never will use her in Heroes too. I liked how Shining Bow+ is basically Leif's Light Brand in bow form (minus the +3 Def). I would try to get her for the Bow Valor, but I already have LA!Roy.

Silas... I am happy and sad at the same time... Silas is one of my favorite characters in Fates. He was the first one I paired with Female Corrin. His skill set is not bad. Having a evolved weapon in the pool is good, and he is all about Def. He could be one of the best cavalry lance units in the summoning pool. He is a unit I would like to +10. I am half way with my infantry team +10 projects, so I could start to work with my cavalry team +10 projects.

Flora is a great unit. She will probably have low Speed, but the Brash Assault effect in her dagger will help her. She would work pretty well with Desperation. Solo skills are the opposite from Bond skills, and they look good. You will not have access to spur skills, but drives, goad and wards will work.

I will probably wait until the Sep 21st banner to decide which banner I will spend my orbs.

For this banner, my priority is: Red > Blue (not considering summon on colorless orbs).

14 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I mean, they can A+ support in Fates

And Heroes can make it S support instead

The question is, which Ryoma?

I'm having a weird idea of making support for Silas with Setsuna if I get him. When I played Fates, I paired them, so Silas had a lot of funny moment in his life. (plus it was Rebecca x Lowen all over again)

46 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Aw geez, did I mistaken apathy for anger again?

Nah, you're correct. There's been a lot of salt, although I think a lot of people (including myself) are just tired of complaining about Awakening/Fates over-representation even though it's a very frustrating issue. 

Why the hell do Tellius/Archanae/Binding Blade fans have to wait months, if not, over a year for some more permanent units? It's ridiculous. 

Atk Res Solo upsets me. The worst precedent of them all. Not only are its requirements stupidly easy, it also has the audacity to give even +1 more for each stat. Never mind the fact that once Atk Spd Solo comes out Life and Death becomes completely meaningless.
Oh, anyone saying you can't use Spur with this; they don't matter. They never did. Even in regards of Arena scoring Drives are always preferable to a Spur while having better range and can completely bypass the restriction on these Solo skills. Regular buffs are also not affected because you can just move the unit first and then place the buffer after your turn is over.

Aside from that the banner itself is pretty meh. Silas and Flora are good choices but really, more Fates children? I start to feel bad for Awakening who only has Lucina, Gerome and the Morgans (Noire if you count seasonals).
Also, where is Charlotte? This would have been the banner to introduce her regular form but apparently she was forgotten? Just how like IS forgot that Axes are a weapon-type in the regular pool?
At least they dialed down with the alts (I'm fully expecting one or two next week though).

Edited by The Priest

11 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Nah, you're correct. There's been a lot of salt, although I think a lot of people (including myself) are just tired of complaining about Awakening/Fates over-representation even though it's a very frustrating issue. 

Why the hell do Tellius/Archanae/Binding Blade fans have to wait months, if not, over a year for some more permanent units? It's ridiculous. 

I believe the salt is bigger because:

1. Fates has the biggest roster represented in Heroes.
  2. With the exception of Love Abounds Banner, every single seasonal banner has at least one Awakening unit or one Fates units, which is a little annoying...

Almost every single month has at least one new Awakening/Fates unit, being a seasonal or not.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

They are trying to make dagger units more relevant. In my opinion, it would have been so much easier to just release Brave Daggers and Firesweep Daggers, but they are probably saving that for later.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

In my opinion, what daggers need to be relevant are the basics. Brave, Firesweep, and Blade are the three most important offensive effects for ranged Weapons. Brave and Blade gives a unit raw killing power while Firesweep gives a unit maximum coverage. They can give daggers fun gimmicks all they want, but that will make daggers stay niche.

I'm pretty sure they're never going to release Brave, Firesweep, or Litrblade daggers. Brave and Litrblade run counter to what appears to be the intent of the dagger class in general, and Firesweep is unlikely for similar reasons.

8 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Ophelia is just another blue tome unit. Jeez, how many of them do we have?

With a weapon that pretty much has a reverse version of Infantry Pulse, but for tome users. Does Sonya's instant Dragon Fang build without the need for support.