Part 4 Army Splits

CocoaGalaxy

Hai everyone.

So basically I was going to replay Radiant Dawn (again) and it just occurred to me, so I thought I might as well ask you guys.

As you guys know you "have" to split the "party" up in Part 4, so how do you folks normally split up the units?

For me, for most of my runs it would be something like this

Spoiler

Silver Army: Fliers (Tanith, Marcia, Haar, Jill, maybe Janaff and Ulki depending on my mood. Out of these, usually only Haar and the hawks would be trained, although recently I have been putting effort into training Jill as well. Silver Army maps basically turn into Sanaki/Naesala/Skrimir/Haar stomping over the maps)

Greil Army: Pretty much the main army goes here, though a bit overkill (Edward, Mia, Nephenee, Shinon I think. I also use Mist and I think Soren sometimes. Might try using the Paladins but it really depends.)

Hawk Army: "The leftovers" so to speak, not that there's much to say. (Nolan, plus Boyd and/or Aran if I'm using them, really just for the crossbows really. Most of the work gets done by Tibarn because I'm too lazy to play properly so to speak)

Bolded units are brought to endgame usually.

That being said my memory isn't too clear, I could have sworn I used Gatrie once but I forgot what happened.

So I would be interested to see how you guys divide your units (also which ones that you do actually bring to endgame after that as well, but who knows)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Silver Army: Tanith, Sigrun, Dawn Brigade units and Haar

Greil Army: Greil Mercenaries and Volug

Hawk army: Everyone else

Endgame - The mandatory 6 (Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Sanaki, Kurthnaga, Ena), Heron (Leanne), Titania, Shinon, Gatrie, Volke, Elincia, Pelleas, Nephenee, Soren, Mia and Vika.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Silver Army: Micaiah - Sothe, Leanne, Nealuchi - Naesala, Skrimir, Sigrun - Tanith, Nolan - Edward, Aran - Laura, Sanaki, Stefan

Greil Army: Ike - Soren, Titania - Oscar, Nailah - Rafiel, Mist, Gatrie - Shinon, Boyd - Rolf, Mia - Rhys, Oliver, Astrid - Kieran

Hawk Army: Tibarn - Reyson, Elincia - Geoffrey, Pelleas, Volug - Zihark, Brom, Nephenee - Heather, Aran - Meg, Volke, Haar - Jill

Endgame Team:

Mandatory: Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Sanaki, Kurthnaga, Ena, One of the Herons ( I usually go with Reyson or Rafiel with Celerity )

Choice 1: Elincia - Geoffrey, Gatrie - Shinon, Soren ( paired with Ike ), Zihark - Volug ( Dodgetanks from hell ), Titania - Oscar or Oscar - Kieran ( If A support ), Haar - Jill ( Monsters )

Choice 2: Elincia - Renning, Caineghis - Skrimir, Soren ( paired with Ike ), Tibarn - Naesala, Ranulf - Muarim, Giffca - Nailah

Choice 3: Renning, Astrid - Makalov, Titania - Oscar, Marcia - Kieran, Sigrun - Tanith, Geoffrey - Elincia

Choice 4: Elincia, Caineghis, Skrimir, Tibarn, Naesala, Nailah, Giffca, Renning, Stefan, Oliver, Shinon

Edited by grinus

Really depends how I level my team, but I can echo the others in that...

Silver Army = best fliers

Greil Army = other heavy hitters

Hawk Army = one super-pairing (I usually throw Neph and Brom here) + whoever else

Endgame varies, but characters I tend to gravitate towards building include Neph, Brom, Edward, Nolan, Astrid, Soren

The key to endgame, in my opinion, is being able to spread out SS weapons for Yune to bless.  Much to my surprise, the Edward/Nolan-specific weapons they get in Part 3 hold up really well if you bring another sword and axe user to take Vague Katti and Urvan, respectively.  Well, that or bringing a ton of laguz kings.

Splitting the army, huh.

Well, by the time Part 4 rolls by, I'm using almost exclusively the people I'm bringing to the Tower, so I only really move those around to spread them out more or less evenly. Outside of that, I pretty much leave them in their default positions as shown when the screen first shows up. Though I think at that point they already begin spread out well enough so... yeah, I actually barely move anyone at all.

As for my usual endgame team, I go for a weapon type spread, to give the SS weapons around. As such, outside the mandatory units, my endgame team is usually consisted of: Edward, Haar, Nephenee, Shinon, Illyana, Soren, Caeneghis, Tibarn, Naesala, and Nailah/Pelleas (former usually just for the first playthrough when I can't recruit the latter), with the Heron being Leanne.