LUIGI'S MANSION 3

Anacybele

IT'S HAPPENING!!

I can't believe it, it's happening! Not much was shown though, so there isn't really much to discuss, but THE GAME IS HAPPENING and will release on the Switch in 2019!

OMG I'M SO EXCITED!!

ScarceChubbyGoose-small.gif

Luigi's been my childhood. He was the first video game character I grew to love and I believe Mario was the first series I ever played. I would always insist on being Luigi when playing with my brothers because I liked his jumping more and his green color more than Mario's red or Peach's pink. Then I really began loving him in the N64 days with Mario Party and stuff. I later discovered Luigi's Mansion, of course and they've been some of my very favorite games since and I've been asking for Luigi's Mansion 3 for five years now! WOO!!

EDIT: Video's up! Luigi's ghost pet Polterpup is back! Yayz, he's so cute!

Edited by Anacybele

Probably the game I was most excited for in the entire direct (Besides Civ 6 and Munchkins, but I already knew about the former, and the latter is only because I love the game in real life, but I don't get to play it that much). Despite having to borrow the game from a friend, I loved the original Luigi's Mansion, and I also greatly enjoyed Dark Moon, even if I admittedly only played it once.

Despite it only being a 30 second trailer, I get the vibe that this game will be much larger than the previous games. And if the plunger attack is anything to go by, we'll be getting even more functions for the Poltergeist whatever-thousand, which I'm happy about.

Yay, finally another fan! I was wondering if anyone was going to post in here at all. xP

6 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

Despite it only being a 30 second trailer, I get the vibe that this game will be much larger than the previous games. And if the plunger attack is anything to go by, we'll be getting even more functions for the Poltergeist whatever-thousand, which I'm happy about.

I noticed that plunger attack too! Was funny. XD I wonder if this also means we could see the return of shooting fire, water, and ice out of the Poltergust as well. This was the only thing I missed from the original when playing Dark Moon.

Also, I'm thinking this game's final title could be Luigi's Mansion: Tower of Terror. And yes, referencing the Disney ride. That mansion in the title picture is TALL. XD Tower of Terror would be very fitting and a nice Disney reference!

I think it's funny that Simon's reveal trailer was actually foreshadowing Luigi's Mansion 3 all along.

I thought the first game was too spooky for me when I was younger, so hopefully I'll pick up the 3DS version and this game when they're released.

57 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I think it's funny that Simon's reveal trailer was actually foreshadowing Luigi's Mansion 3 all along.

I thought the first game was too spooky for me when I was younger, so hopefully I'll pick up the 3DS version and this game when they're released.

With Simon's reveal trailer and the 3DS version of the original being made, I feel like Luigi's Mansion 3 was being heavily hinted at. I can't believe I didn't catch on until now.

And how many mansions does this guy own? Like 7?

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I noticed that plunger attack too! Was funny. XD I wonder if this also means we could see the return of shooting fire, water, and ice out of the Poltergust as well. This was the only thing I missed from the original when playing Dark Moon.

I missed the elemental attacks too. And dang, I just realized that I haven't played Luigi's Mansions in years. And that I never actually completed the game, because I found the Bowser fight to be too hard (at the time I was playing it, I should add), and I returned it to my friend after borrowing it for some time.

...Who knows, I may replay Dark Moon when I get the chance. It would most certainly help get me back into 

...I also need to see Ghostbusters to think of what other attacks the poltergeist could get.

Although I do have an idea for a boss fight...

Spoiler

Okay, so many, many years ago (for me, at least), before I had a Wii even, my friend had already showed me what Luigi's Mansion was, and had actually allowed me to play the game for a bit. Since our family meets with other friends in an event called "game night" where we play board, card, and video games together, that's when I meet this guy the most.

Anyway, during one of these "game nights", my friend was telling me about the bosses. He mentioned that one of his favorite ones was where Luigi had a camera, and the ghost could only be stunned by taking a picture of it. Thing is, it moved around a lot, but more specifically, the gameplay changed so that Luigi was in first person. However the most unique thing about this boss was that it spoke with actual voice acting, and the gameplay changed to a bit of a combination of a rhythm/QTE game, where the ghost would in a rythm would be saying something like "A B B, X, Y, Z. L R L R Z Y Z" and you'd have to press the correct buttons in time, or else the ghost would get closer and grab Luigi and cause damage. If you did the pattern correctly, Luigi took the picture, and you could suck it up for a set amount of time. You would have to do this three times, with it obviously getting harder and harder, as the ghost spoke and moved faster and you had less time to react.

The most memorable thing about this was that my friend actually let me play this out in real life. I was holding a gamecube controller, while he was the "ghost" with a blanket over him, and he was saying the pattern, and I tried to press the buttons he said in time on the controller. I eventually lost, but we had  a lot of fun.

I was a bit miffled that said boss fight didn't actually appear in the game.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Also, I'm thinking this game's final title could be Luigi's Mansion: Tower of Terror. And yes, referencing the Disney ride. That mansion in the title picture is TALL. XD Tower of Terror would be very fitting and a nice Disney reference!

I took a quick look at the trailer again, and looked more at the environment this time around:

• The Pizza boxes say "Since 1983" and we see that Mario brought a suitcase.
  • There also appears to be hotel numbers in the hallway, so the "Mansion" this time around may very well be a fancy hotel.
  • The garage from Dark moon is returning.
  • So are the gates that prevent you from proceeding until you've defeated all the ghosts (although those may be in the first game. I haven't played it in a long time, so I can't remember), as well as the Polterpup.
  • The Poltergeist whatever-thousand has a different design, with some tube thing sticking out on the back
  • Also, is it just me, or does Luigi seem a bit more expressive than he was last time? Dark Moon added a ton of new expressions and reactions to Luigi, and I have no doubt that this game will only raise that bar.

I've never played any of these, but I'm super happy for the people who love these games and I really hope it's a great game. I'd probably give this one a try if it was two-player, but since it's not, I doubt I'll get around to it.

52 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

I missed the elemental attacks too. And dang, I just realized that I haven't played Luigi's Mansions in years. And that I never actually completed the game, because I found the Bowser fight to be too hard (at the time I was playing it, I should add), and I returned it to my friend after borrowing it for some time.

...Who knows, I may replay Dark Moon when I get the chance. It would most certainly help get me back into 

...I also need to see Ghostbusters to think of what other attacks the poltergeist could get.

Although I do have an idea for a boss fight...

It's been awhile since the last time I played Dark Moon too. I almost had 100% too, as in I got almost every gem. I only missed one and it was in, of course, Treacherous Mansion. >_< I would've gone back to get it, but I was rather far into the mission at the time and didn't want to redo it. I would've had to restart to have another chance at the gem.

But I should replay it sometime too to celebrate the third game finally being announced!

54 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

I took a quick look at the trailer again, and looked more at the environment this time around:

• The Pizza boxes say "Since 1983" and we see that Mario brought a suitcase.
  • There also appears to be hotel numbers in the hallway, so the "Mansion" this time around may very well be a fancy hotel.
  • The garage from Dark moon is returning.
  • So are the gates that prevent you from proceeding until you've defeated all the ghosts (although those may be in the first game. I haven't played it in a long time, so I can't remember), as well as the Polterpup.
  • The Poltergeist whatever-thousand has a different design, with some tube thing sticking out on the back
  • Also, is it just me, or does Luigi seem a bit more expressive than he was last time? Dark Moon added a ton of new expressions and reactions to Luigi, and I have no doubt that this game will only raise that bar.

Yeah, and pizza was invented by Italian Americans, and since Mario himself has an Italian accent, it makes sense that he was the one chowing on that pizza. That's a lot of pizza boxes though... I wonder if he had company?

And you're right, this "mansion" could be a giant hotel! Which only further supports my idea of naming this game Tower of Terror because the Disney one is a hotel! And this name is not trademarked or anything, because an episode of the Pokemon anime uses the same name.

I actually looked at the trailer again and started making like GameXplain and noticed those things too. Cool stuff! ^^

Hey, I think the gems in Dark Moon are back too!

During the scene where those haunted blue gates come crashing down in what looks like a reception area, you can spot what looks like a gem sitting above the reception desk. I just now noticed it while re-watching the trailer.

It's a small thing, but I noticed that when the ghost flipped (or whatever it's called) the rug, the poltergust had some jet-pack function. I'm curious if this is just a way to dodge attacks, or if Luigi will have a way to jump this time around.

4 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

It's a small thing, but I noticed that when the ghost flipped (or whatever it's called) the rug, the poltergust had some jet-pack function. I'm curious if this is just a way to dodge attacks, or if Luigi will have a way to jump this time around.

Oh yeah, I see that now. Jet-pack Luigi would be cool! lol

That shot at 20 seconds into the trailer of some kind of reception area really gives me vibes that this is some sort of resort or hotel. Lots of historic mansions have been turned into hotels in the real world so it doesn't conflict with the game's title. Also what's with the creepy Mario and Luigi posters at the top of the room with an X over Mario's face? Looks like there may be a corresponding one on Luigi's face but it's hard to make out. If it's not though I think we can take that as some kind of indication that we'll be trying to rescue Mario again. I also like the first room we see with the pizza boxes on the left saying "Since 1983" referencing Luigi's first appearance in a game.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't be the first to make this joke but here goes. I think the game's full title will be Luigi's Mansion 3: Hotel Mario 2. 

Definitely excited for this game. I'm surprised that there's no release window as they clearly have a playable build for this game with multiple areas and enemies. Looks like a summer game to me. I barely remember playing Dark Moon when it came out but the original is very dear to me. 

GameXplain posted their analysis!

And just as I figured, they did point out some things I still didn't notice after watching the trailer so many times. lol They are so good at what they do!

Sheesh. I forgot how long and detailed Gamexplain can get.

Anyway, it seems that environmental interaction will be a much larger part of the game now, and since the plunger now has a rope, I'm expecting there to be some puzzles about pulling objects from far away, as well as having Luigi swinging like Tarzan. I also like the idea that we could maybe play as other characters, or that Luigis' ghost from the Castlevania trailer for Smash could be a gameplay mechanic.

Overall, I can't wait until we get even more information on the game. It seems to be combining elements of the first and second game, while adding several of its own.

Yeah, though I'd prefer that Luigi remain the only playable character. This series is meant to be HIS and his alone. Mario and Peach are already playable many times in the main series, this doesn't need to extend to Luigi's games.

I hope those x'd out pictures of the gang mean Luigi just has to save everyone this time, not just Mario.

Edited by Anacybele

I finished the first one and absolutely loved it, but the second one was a pretty big disappointment for me. 

I loved the portrait ghosts and removing them was a big downside (kind of like Paper Mario removing partners, I could never see the game in the same way). I really need an interconnected story with all the bosses that piece together for an overarching narrative. 

Just learned of this now and all I can say is :blink: level Hype!  Now this just needs to come out on time and I can once again relive my fun with Luigi as a Ghostbuster! 

Also noticed during the trailer, the vacuum can hover now.  I take it this is could be the game's answer to FLUDD?  I imagine something like this could result in some really interesting levels if they're done well.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:41 PM, Glennstavos said:

Oh yeah, I wouldn't be the first to make this joke but here goes. I think the game's full title will be Luigi's Mansion 3: Hotel Mario 2. 

I officially want this.

I hope they bring back and improve the multiplayer. If you could join a game in progress in Dark Moon, it would've been the strongest replay value. Instead, you either needed local friends or disconnecting partners could create situations that are literally impossible since it's balanced for more than one player.

On 9/24/2018 at 1:42 PM, Zera said:

I hope they bring back and improve the multiplayer. If you could join a game in progress in Dark Moon, it would've been the strongest replay value. Instead, you either needed local friends or disconnecting partners could create situations that are literally impossible since it's balanced for more than one player.

The remake of the original will have it, so there's a good chance LM3 will have it too, I'd say.

I'm somewhat interested in this. Not sure if it'd be a first day buy, but somewhere down along the line, maybe.

As a kid, I played the original game plenty, albeit only completing it once. Not sure what I'd think of it now. (I can check though, still have ye olde Gamecube.)

LM: DM, I got it years after its release. It isn't bad, although my incessant wandering had often made it feel dull, and even with this wandering I couldn't find all of the Boos. Stopped at the ice boss, that is a gimmicky unfair really annoying battle.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I saw the video only once on the switch but can anybody spot an actual date for it yet? I should probably ask GameStop if they are doing pre-orders. Luigi is such a great character. Like the best in the Mario world.

Seems to me like Nintendo has a new direction they are going in. Anyone notice how they are spitting out remakes left and right? The SuperStar Saga, the original Luigi mansion, and how they are making retro games more available as either digital or porting them over? By the way i might make a separate thread but I want to confirm or discuss a certain rumor. I hope Sunshine gets a remake or ported over. 

• 2 weeks later...