Who was your first S support?

MyLuckyHaiku

19 hours ago, vercio said:

Yes, pardon me for my mistake. 

I capped Corrin pretty early, like Ch. 21 or 22 from what I can remember. 

I cannot see how you could cap Corrin's level that early, since you can only go so far over enemy levels before your exp gain slows to a crawl...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keaton because I'm about the furries he was the most attractive guy in the game that I wasn't related to and I ended up liking his Tsundere ass, plus I love Velouria and she is the most adorable big sister to Kana.

In Birthright, I went for Kaze because he's the 2nd most attractive guy, IMO, and he's a sweetheart~

I have yet to do my M!Corrin runs but I think I'll probably go for Flora where she's available, but not sure for Birthright. Maybe Orochi since she's my fave girl over there~

Saizo was my first support, for Birthright.  It was primarily a stat-based decision.  My avatar had a magic boon to create a balanced magic/physical character, and Saizo was one of the few men who would give Kana both strength and magic.  Also, I had my secondary class as Malig Knight and I wanted Savage Blow and Poison Strike to stack, plus have Saizo give Kana/my avatar the lethality skill.   I thought the S support would be bad, but it was actually pretty moving.  One of my favorites of all the ones I've seen. 

For my first Conquest run I went ahead and made Jakob S Support with my avatar, because at that point I was appreciating that he was one of the characters that stuck with me no matter what choice I made and I decided to play favorites a little more for the spouse in this run.  Since I'd only played with female avatars Jakob was always with me during both birthright and conquest from the beginning.  I again had a Magic Boon, and Dwyer was pretty great in that match, better than Kana really. 

For my Revelations round, which I'm still in the process of doing, I did a male Avatar so I could marry Azura because that seemed the cannon choice.  It is nice to see her actually smile and laugh in the little tree house thing, as she seemed such a tragic character normally.  I made my Avatar have Dark Mage/Sorcerer/Dark Knight as secondary class, which also allows Azura and Shigure to get bowbreaker in the Sorcerer line. 

Camilla was my first.......and favorite.......because reasons. :P Also, she makes a well balanced Kana.

For Revelations I pick Azura because its nice to see Azura get a happy ending and its seems canon. Her kids end up glass cannons but at least they can dish out damage.

Edited by wissenschaft

Caeldori [Hinoka!Caeldori] in Birthright - which was my first route of Fates - because I'm a massive Cordelia [from Awakening] fan and I already planned to put my Corrin with the character based on Cordy once I learned of her before release. 

Selena/Severa in Conquest - A redhead like her mother and had used her a lot in Awakening.... also had seen some art of her shortly before Conquest which may have influenced my thinking.  Also, Conquest is the only route where Caeldori doesn't exist. 

Caeldori again [can't remember if it was Hinoka!Caeldori or Selena!Caeldori first time - I've done both since that point] in Revelation. 

Mine was Corrin and Takumi ....

*facepalms*

I have no idea why I shipped them,  I'll look back 20 years from now and still not know why, I'll look back when I'm on my death bed and still have no idea why. Can someone explain WHYYYYYYY 

26 minutes ago, Robin126 said:

*facepalms*

I have no idea why I shipped them,  I'll look back 20 years from now and still not know why, I'll look back when I'm on my death bed and still have no idea why.

Essentially me thinking about when I paired Robin with Sumia or Corrin with Leo.

I don't know why I was drawn in by the former, and the latter was just so weird for me (and it wasn't simply because I'm a mostly heterosexual man).

At least with Mozu and 'Boro, I actually like them and Corrin doesn't have a sibling-like bond with either of them.

19 hours ago, Robin126 said:

*facepalms*

I have no idea why I shipped them,  I'll look back 20 years from now and still not know why, I'll look back when I'm on my death bed and still have no idea why. Can someone explain WHYYYYYYY 

I can't speak to your actual thought process, nor can I speak from personal experience [I play M!Corrin], but if I might wager a guess, could it be that Takumi would kind of a bit of a male tsundere role towards female Corrin?  Initially outwardly hostile, but he eventually falls for her and softens around her?   The reason that I put this forth is that tsundere female characters have seemed to have a notable appeal to a subset of male players, and it seems very reasonable to extrapolate that the appeal would also exist in its gender-reversed state [tsundere male characters appealing to some female players].   

For my first Corrin, I decided Azura as it seemed to make the most sense and I didn't get chased off by their supports. I was disappointed when Azura didn't respond at all to Birthright Chapter 13 Camilla as they'd just hit S rank.

Come Revelation Chapter 24, I regretted everything.

Edited by Dayni

On 9/13/2018 at 7:59 PM, Anacybele said:

My first and only is Silas and Corrin. I really couldn't resist them! And I love Silas to pieces. <3

I did Silas for Birthrights (and I'm pretty sure for Conquest too). for Rev. I did Shiro. and boy did that create an amazing Kana. 

For my female playthroughs, I married Kaze on Birthright because he's really attractive and Midori is just the cutest. I then married Laslow in Conquest for pink haired Soleil, and I loved Inigo in Awakening but didn't marry him because eww marrying second gen units. For Revelation, I married Kaden because I love foxes.

For male...I married Rinkah in Birthright because I love her design, Selena in Conquest for the same reason as Laslow, and Azura in Revelation because it just felt right.

I played Birthright first and married Hana. Been planning that since before the game was released. I never really regretted it, since the competition in Birthright is pretty darn lame, to be honest - in my opinion, at least (with one exception, but you can get her in Revelations as well).

Conquest was the point I found my favourite Fates character in Nyx (still salty about her being a trashy unit, though) and in Revelations, I went for Mozu, since I thought her supports with Corrin were cute and it's more beneficial to make Kana a physical unit despite her personal skill saying otherwise. Needless to say, I never had a run where I got all possible units, since I have an aversion to marrying any of the child characters, even if most of them are better than their parents, especially on the female side, and the Corrinsexuals just aren't appealing enough to me.

I still think Hana makes the best Kanas, though, especially if you pick Speed or Skill as your boon.

I've played as a female Corrin on Birthright, too, but never really married anyone (I got a few S-supports to fill the support log, but I never actually "went through" with any of them), but on my first (and only) successful Conquest Hard Mode playthrough, I married Laslow, but that was just because I liked the defensive stat-bonuses the Mercenary and Hero classes give upon pair-up. Kana turned out pretty good as a Marth cosplayer, though.

I always played as female so I could marry a man without losing children. On My first Playthrough I married Asugi, because Gaius <3. On Conquest Siegbert cause I love his design and in Revelation Silas since he's a good boy.

On 14/09/2018 at 12:14 AM, MyLuckyHaiku said:

Pretty much what the title suggests, Who was your first S support (In fates) and why were you drawn to them? Mine was Orochi because I liked her character, And wanted a magic Kana. and also I was in a hurry to S support, But even after recruiting all units she turned out to be my favorite female character (Mitama's cool too, She's who I S supported in my General!Corrin save, AKA my Profile picture)

My first S support was Azura, because i really liked the character...(I played Conquest)

On 10/6/2018 at 4:44 PM, DragonFlames said:

Conquest was the point I found my favourite Fates character in Nyx

Nyx actually isn't a trash character, shes actually one of the best mages you got. She just a glass cannon but that just means she needs to be protected.  I found her really useful for nuking armored knights. So many people use Ophiela to great effect but shes often just as much a class cannon as Nyx. If you don't mind buying skills, buy nyx vantage and slap a nosferatu on her. Her magic is high enough to make good use of it though you have to be careful since she still doesn't want to fight multiple opponents in one turn. Still, it allows her to survive an attack or two in the enemy phase which is situational but useful. I play on lunatic since I find the mode in conquest actually pretty fair with a lot of choice in what units I want to use, which is very different from most fire emblems whos hardest difficulties tend to greatly restrict what units you want to use. I just mention this because if I can get Nyx to work on Lunatic then shes certainly not trash tier. Thats Odin. :P (A joke, people have made Odin solo maps on lunatic). Nyx will need a speed pair up late game because dark mage has such a low base speed. However, at worst you could class change Nyx to adventuer and let her back a pair up for Leo (it will give him like +6 speed, amazing).

Edited by wissenschaft

4 hours ago, wissenschaft said:

Nyx actually isn't a trash character, shes actually one of the best mages you got. She just a glass cannon but that just means she needs to be protected.  I found her really useful for nuking armored knights. So many people use Ophiela to great effect but shes often just as much a class cannon as Nyx. If you don't mind buying skills, buy nyx vantage and slap a nosferatu on her. Her magic is high enough to make good use of it though you have to be careful since she still doesn't want to fight multiple opponents in one turn. Still, it allows her to survive an attack or two in the enemy phase which is situational but useful. I play on lunatic since I find the mode in conquest actually pretty fair with a lot of choice in what units I want to use, which is very different from most fire emblems whos hardest difficulties tend to greatly restrict what units you want to use. I just mention this because if I can get Nyx to work on Lunatic then shes certainly not trash tier. Thats Odin. :P (A joke, people have made Odin solo maps on lunatic). Nyx will need a speed pair up late game because dark mage has such a low base speed. However, at worst you could class change Nyx to adventuer and let her back a pair up for Leo (it will give him like +6 speed, amazing).

The thing that bugged me most about Nyx was her hit rates. Although Certain Blow could fix that. As far as Speed pair-ups go, Corrin gives decent speed bonuses as a Nohr Noble. I made Nyx work, too, but it took a long, looong while to get there, which is a shame. I really like her character and I do use her, but as a unit, I find her to be quite unreliable. But it's still good news that she can work on Lunatic difficulty. Maybe I'll change my perspective on her, as well. Thank you!

Nyx will have heartseeker and Nosfortue allows you to risk getting into melee to take advantage of it. What she needs is vantage and good positioning to make sure shes not exposed to multiple enemies in the player phase. Fates is no hp emblem; even your tanks melt with all the debuffs in the game. So your best bet for lunatic is to have active turn nukes and enemy phase stallers. Sometimes its best to hold up in a choke point and not kill anyone to prevent multiple units from attacking the same character.  Attack stance with the right character will also give Nyx a hefty accuracy bonus. You can live without certain blow if your careful.

This reminds me of how I handle ch 11 of conquest lunatic. Every room has a different group of enemies. I have one unit aggro them and make sure they won't be killed (pray to the RNG gods) and then I make sure the rest of my units can nuke the enemy in one turn. This works on SO many maps.

Also, almost everyone gets promoted at level 15. Theres just not enough experience to 20/20 everyone. So promote Nyx at level 15. By the time she is that level her speed going to start lagging behind enemies so she'll need the stat buff from promotion. Then theres the option to turn her into a pair up bot for Leo, adventurer is +6 speed for him and she makes a great mom for Forrest stat wise. Seraph Robe is a good option for Nyx if you plan to use her late game as an attacker. I find Seraph Robe better on an attacking unit then on support units like Azura or Elise. I have made a big mistake if my support units get attacked by any enemy that can kill them. Lunatic is all about positioning.

I have restarted all the missions dozens of time to figure out the optimal positioning and to get the required luck. lol Thats the price I payed for no grind playthrough. I did that only once though. Now I just buy skills characters need and I have a better understanding of what reclassing I want to do when. Figuring out how to get away with attack stance instead of guard stance can provide big bonus to accuracy and not using it enough is a mistake I made in my first playthrough of lunatic. Characters like Nyx and Effie really need the accuracy bonus.

Edited by wissenschaft

5 hours ago, wissenschaft said:

I would beg to differ - she has the same issues as Orochi (AKA, crap stats everywhere but in two stats, those being magic and speed). She can't use anything besides Fire lest she have shaky hit rates, and she is super fragile to boot.

What can I say, I made Nyx work in lunatic. She was key to beating missions like ch 13 conquest. You don't actually have that many options to deal with all the knights at that point in the game so you need your mages. The only stats she needs is Magic and Speed, my job is to make sure never faces an attack that can kill her. Like I said, positioning is the be all end all in lunatic conquest. Not to mention health tonics, +5 HP is not much for most units except glass cannons. Maybe its just my playstyle but I like having a few glass cannon nukes on my team to make sure I can wipe out a group of units during the player turn. The enemy turn is the scary part of the game and I try to limit combat during it. (Its really funny since its the opposite of what I tend to do in the GBA games where I feed enemies to a few OP units in the enemy phase. All praise to Melady of FE6.)

Also, I find it very odd that everyone calls Nyx a trash unit while praising Ophelia. They end up very similar characters, both glass cannons with similar growth. Yes their skill growth is terrible but there are ways to increase your accuracy in game Attack stance tends to be more valuable with glass cannons for the accuracy bonus you can receive. Vantage + nosferatu is such a wonderful combo if you don't mind skill buying.

Edited by wissenschaft

4 hours ago, wissenschaft said:

What can I say, I made Nyx work in lunatic. She was key to beating missions like ch 13 conquest. You don't actually have that many options to deal with all the knights at that point in the game so you need your mages. The only stats she needs is Magic and Speed, my job is to make sure never faces an attack that can kill her. Like I said, positioning is the be all end all in lunatic conquest. Not to mention health tonics, +5 HP is not much for most units except glass cannons. Maybe its just my playstyle but I like having a few glass cannon nukes on my team to make sure I can wipe out a group of units during the player turn. The enemy turn is the scary part of the game and I try to limit combat during it. (Its really funny since its the opposite of what I tend to do in the GBA games where I feed enemies to a few OP units in the enemy phase. All praise to Melady of FE6.)

Also, I find it very odd that everyone calls Nyx a trash unit while praising Ophelia. They end up very similar characters, both glass cannons with similar growth. Yes their skill growth is terrible but there are ways to increase your accuracy in game Attack stance tends to be more valuable with glass cannons for the accuracy bonus you can receive. Vantage + nosferatu is such a wonderful combo if you don't mind skill buying.

And with her being cripplingly overspecialized, which you're trying - and failing - to downplay, I'd be EXTREMELY hesitant to consider her usable even in frigging normal mode, let alone Lunatic.

Because unlike Nyx, Ophelia isn't prone to explode from random critical hits, which you failed to take into account (Nyx has trash for a luck stat, and Nosferatu can't do you any good if you die to a critical hit from some mook, after all), and can actually hit worth a damn without needing to stick to Fire.

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

And with her being cripplingly overspecialized, which you're trying - and failing - to downplay, I'd be EXTREMELY hesitant to consider her usable even in frigging normal mode, let alone Lunatic.

Because unlike Nyx, Ophelia isn't prone to explode from random critical hits, which you failed to take into account (Nyx has trash for a luck stat, and Nosferatu can't do you any good if you die to a critical hit from some mook, after all), and can actually hit worth a damn without needing to stick to Fire.

For once I'm actually going to agree with Mir. For the previously mentioned purpose of nuking armor knights, Odin can already do that just fine, you get a fairly early armorslayer from the chest in ch.12, you just don't need Nyx to do that. Mages in Conquest are designed to be either 1.) A player phase hydrogen bomb (Ophelia) or 2.) An early-mid game reliable nostank (Odin). To accomplish EITHER of those goals reliably, against most other enemies, you need to have consistency. Ophelia is a god tier unit because Ophelia with almost anyone magical as her mother (even fucking Felicia, but Elise is her best mom by far) can be set up to absolutely annihilate the lategame. Mine soloed Hinoka's map on Lunatic, it was amazing. Odin is a great unit because he can really hold down important choke points and bait some enemies that are harder to bait otherwise (Takumi and Reina in Ch.13 for example). 

Nyx can MISS WITH A FIRE TOME IN THE MIDGAME. Between shit skill and shit luck, she is so unreliable. If she hits, she does a lot of damage, I'll give you that, but Nyx just isn't great. 

------------

Now, in regards to the actual OP, my CQ first wife was Felicia, and is still my favorite -- it feels genuine, and it reminds me of my actual girlfriend. In Revelations, I married Kagero -- weak support, makes a good Kana, and she's fucking gorgeous, so sue me. My first BR wife was Orochi...which might be the worst gen 1 Corrin support? It's literally "Hey, tell me about my mom" "Okay" "Thanks for telling me about my mom, we should fuck now".