Who was your first S support?

MyLuckyHaiku

Jakob -x- Corrin.

I just wanted a Wyvern for Jakob as fast as possible, didn't care about Paladin at first (no clue why). Pair up bonuses were also nice to have. In the end I didn't use Jakob nearly as effective as I am using him now. Jakob and Azama really made me expect them to use magic at first...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let’s see here:

Birthright it was Azura because the game just seemed to push it really hard and by the time I learned the truth it was already too late.

conquest was selena gotta stay true to my  twin-tailed tsundere waifu. Damnit do I love Severa to bits probably more than I reasonably should but oh well. Supports were rather disappointing though.

revelations was velouria because 1. She’s cute and 2. I needed kana to be destroyer of worlds with that +10 str mod( or at least I think it was +10 I knew velouria’s was like +6 so)

On 26/10/2018 at 1:10 AM, Otts486 said:

conquest was selena gotta stay true to my  twin-tailed tsundere waifu. Damnit do I love Severa to bits probably more than I reasonably should but oh well. Supports were rather disappointing though.

Honest question, man: Is Selena supposed to be attractive? Is it implied in her supports in Awakening? I did not play Awakening and I do not get that impression from her artwork in Fates. I do not know, her face is too round, and her fringe accentuates it.

To give you an idea, I always found Cherche's portrait attractive, and I was amazed when I found out that Tharja and Cordelia are supposed to be more way more attractive than her in-game, even though I do not get that idea from their artwork and models.
Or a real life example: I have only watched her show sporadically,  but I have never found Kaley Cuoco as hot as her character Penny is supposed to be, and I thus found many puns forced.

I just do now know how to picture Selena, who seems to be a favourite of yours.

36 minutes ago, starburst said:

Honest question, man: Is Selena supposed to be attractive? Is it implied in her supports in Awakening? I did not play Awakening and I do not get that impression from her artwork in Fates. I do not know, her face is too round, and her fringe accentuates it.

To give you an idea, I always found Cherche's portrait attractive, and I was amazed when I found out that Tharja and Cordelia are supposed to be more way more attractive than her in-game, even though I do not get that idea from their artwork and models.
Or a real life example: I have only watched her show sporadically,  but I have never found Kaley Cuoco as hot as her character Penny is supposed to be, and I thus found many puns forced.

I just do now know how to picture Selena, who seems to be a favourite of yours.

It's not that I find Selena attractive(well that's part of it but that's just really a matter of personal taste if nothing else). It's that I just really like her as a character. I sympathize with her struggles of constantly trying to live up to other people's expectations and failing to do so which causes creates an inferiority complex which she tries to cover up by acting arrogant. Also despite her abrasive behavior she truly does care for the people around her and doesn't want to see them get killed which is why she's so critical of others she doesn't want to needlessly worry about them. She knows that pain of losing someone close to her and she doesn't want to experience that pain again so she pushes people away to so that when they do inevitably die the pain won't be as bad. She's a girl dealing with tons of emotional trauma and does what she can to cope(all be it in a rather unhealthy way). I like Severa/Selena because to me she's one of the most well written and human characters I've seen which is incredibly impressive given the archetype which is filled with walking cliche fetish traps. Honestly I could go all day but you get the idea. As for the attractiveness thing she's pretty much average tsundere/10 minus the thigh highs which is something I personally find kind of cute  but again it's really just a matter of taste. Also Severa likes to think she's really pretty/cute but that could just be her insecurities talking.

Edited by Otts486

1 hour ago, Otts486 said:

I like Severa/Selena because to me she's one of the most well written and human characters I've seen which is incredibly impressive given the archetype which is filled with walking cliche fetish traps. Honestly I could go all day but you get the idea.

Thanks for your detailed response. I am not into anime and did not know that she fit in a known archetype, but what you think of her sounds interesting. I will read her supports in Awakening and try to get a better idea of her. Who knows, I may like her as a character (even if I think that her face is too round in Fates. Ha!)
Cheers, mate.

Edited by starburst

3 minutes ago, starburst said:

Thanks for your detailed response. I am not into anime and did not know that she fit on a know archetype, but what you think of her sounds interesting. I will read her supports in Awakening and try too get a better idea of her. I may not find her attractive, but I may like her as a character.
Cheers, mate.

No problem always happy to share my love for my favorite FE girl. Honestly I think she gets a lot of undue flack because people find her to be insanely abrasive or b*tchy as it were but if you read her supports you do really get an understanding for why she acts the way she does and honestly I sympathize with her. but that's just me.

and Oh by naga does she fit into a known archetype and I don't think you need to be all that into anime to know what it is. Though seeing as you don't seem to know Severa is pretty much a textbook tsundere(which is by far probably the most common and recognizable female character archetype in all of anime) all the way down to design. She's abrasive and harsh but she's got a sweet side if you dig enough which is about as tsundere as you can get. Here's a TVtropes page on tsundere if you're interested. Hell her design just screams tsundere as well with the twintails and scowl. really all it's missing are the thigh highs. 

• 3 weeks later...

Kaze in Birthright

Xander in conquest 

My first S support ever was Azura and Jakob in Birthright though

On 02/10/2018 at 1:42 PM, Ertrick36 said:

Essentially me thinking about when I paired Robin with Sumia or Corrin with Leo.

I don't know why I was drawn in by the former, and the latter was just so weird for me (and it wasn't simply because I'm a mostly heterosexual man).

At least with Mozu and 'Boro, I actually like them and Corrin doesn't have a sibling-like bond with either of them.

To be fair I always married Robin and Sumia as well, and they have one of the best romantic supports in Awakening, not sure why this pairing isn't more popular, maybe because a lot of people find Sumia bland so she is shadowed by girls like Lucina, Tharja and Cordelia? 

As for Leo , particularly never cared for him but isn't him the most popular Fates character in Japan? 

Edited by Mylady

On 11/12/2018 at 4:35 AM, Mylady said:

Kaze in Birthright

Xander in conquest 

To be fair I always married Robin and Sumia as well, and they have one of the best romantic supports in Awakening, not sure why this pairing isn't more popular, maybe because a lot of people find Sumia bland so she is shadowed by girls like Lucina, Tharja and Cordelia? 

As for Leo , particularly never cared for him but isn't him the most popular Fates character in Japan? 

I think Fates could've been a better story if Leo was the main character in Conquest (doubting what he is told and revealing the truth about Garron) and if pinneapple or Sakura was the main character of Birthright. Both add some fun with the "Lord" unit being a darkmage/Archer/staffbot. Azura would likely be the main character of Rev, though I haven't played it past ch.11, so I'm guessing.

Azura was my first S-Support in my initial playthroughs of Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation. She was basically a case where she was the only character that was left for Corrin to pair up with since I already planned the other characters to marry someone else in their respective games. When I first Corrin and Azura's supports in Birthright, it also made me interested in seeing how their relationship would develop, so it ultimately led to me pairing them up in the end. 

I eventually learned Corrin and Azura had differing supports with each other varied from route-to-route. Thus, the same thing carried over to my Conquest and Revelation playthroughs. Yet again, I wanted to see the support conversations between them unfold while also already planning out the other characters and who'd they marry (most of which were for gameplay reasons to create the ideal child and/or because the gave good stat boosts to the other), leaving Corrin and Azura to themselves. 

On 11/16/2018 at 10:27 AM, Centh said:

Azura would likely be the main character of Rev, though I haven't played it past ch.11, so I'm guessing.

Unfortunately, Azura isn't much of a driving force even in Revelation.  There are some plot critical moments for her, but... I feel like she had been squandered in favor of making this path Corrin's big story where he/she resolves the ultimate conflict.

On 11/12/2018 at 5:35 AM, Mylady said:

For all the talk about blandness though, it's surprising how heavily favored a Robin x Lucina pairing is since a good chunk of the fandom thinks she's one of the blandest characters in the series.  Perhaps that's because the disdain for Lucina is mostly because of how popular a character she is.

Sumia wasn't my absolute favorite character from that game, but she had some good moments.  I genuinely laughed when she punched Chrom out of nowhere, and I did think her bonding over books with Robin (and getting him/her to into more than just dry instruction/tutorial books) was nice.

39 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Unfortunately, Azura isn't much of a driving force even in Revelation.  There are some plot critical moments for her, but... I feel like she had been squandered in favor of making this path Corrin's big story where he/she resolves the ultimate conflict.

For all the talk about blandness though, it's surprising how heavily favored a Robin x Lucina pairing is since a good chunk of the fandom thinks she's one of the blandest characters in the series.  Perhaps that's because the disdain for Lucina is mostly because of how popular a character she is.

Sumia wasn't my absolute favorite character from that game, but she had some good moments.  I genuinely laughed when she punched Chrom out of nowhere, and I did think her bonding over books with Robin (and getting him/her to into more than just dry instruction/tutorial books) was nice.

Robin x Tiki everytime. For reasons. Sometimes Nowi.... we don't talk about that...

On 11/12/2018 at 4:35 AM, Mylady said:

Kaze in Birthright

Xander in conquest 

I'll tell you exactly what happened to the Robin/Sumia pairing popularity: Sumia is shown as Lucina's mother in the opening cutscene of the game, so Chrom/Sumia is considered the canon pairing. 

On 11/19/2018 at 11:33 PM, Ertrick36 said:

Lucina pairing with Robin is famous because she's the main girl and Robin is the main guy unless Robin is female, in which case that goes to Chrom and Robin takes center stage as head female. Let's not forget the story implications of the Robin/Lucina pairing, particularly the scene where Lucina threatens Robin. 

I'm actually not certain who I want to pair Corrin up with beyond Camilla, Hinoka, Felicia, and Rhajat. Boy do I wish Camilla's supports with Corrin were better. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2018 at 12:27 PM, Centh said:

I think Fates could've been a better story if Leo was the main character in Conquest (doubting what he is told and revealing the truth about Garron) and if pinneapple or Sakura was the main character of Birthright. Both add some fun with the "Lord" unit being a darkmage/Archer/staffbot. Azura would likely be the main character of Rev, though I haven't played it past ch.11, so I'm guessing.

Isn’t there a manga about except it takes place during revelations.

16 hours ago, Otts486 said:

Isn’t there a manga about except it takes place during revelations.

Crown of Niebulung, iirc. It ends right before they enter Valla, though, so it's not "complete." 

As for the thread topic: having only played Conquest l, my first S Support was Soleil (with Corrin; I think Odin and Elise or Silas and Effie was my very first pairing.

Edited by Alistair

On ‎2018‎-‎11‎-‎17 at 3:16 AM, Erureido said:

Azura was my first S-Support in my initial playthroughs of Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation. She was basically a case where she was the only character that was left for Corrin to pair up with since I already planned the other characters to marry someone else in their respective games. When I first Corrin and Azura's supports in Birthright, it also made me interested in seeing how their relationship would develop, so it ultimately led to me pairing them up in the end. 

I eventually learned Corrin and Azura had differing supports with each other varied from route-to-route. Thus, the same thing carried over to my Conquest and Revelation playthroughs. Yet again, I wanted to see the support conversations between them unfold while also already planning out the other characters and who'd they marry (most of which were for gameplay reasons to create the ideal child and/or because the gave good stat boosts to the other), leaving Corrin and Azura to themselves. 

How did you react when Revelations revealed that they're cousins?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 7:35 AM, vanguard333 said:

How did you react when Revelations revealed that they're cousins?

I was surprised then felt a bit weirded out to say the least. Kinda felt like the whole cousins reveal came out of nowhere considering that they don't seem to resemble each other very much, nor do Mikoto and Arete bear close resemblances to one another as sisters.

In Conquest I married Niles as M!MU cause gay lol, but later as F!MU I married Kaze.

In Birthright, as M!MU I married Scarlet so I wouldn't miss out on any kids.

In Revelation I married Niles again as M!MU but also Azura one time too.

1 hour ago, Erureido said:

I was surprised then felt a bit weirded out to say the least. Kinda felt like the whole cousins reveal came out of nowhere considering that they don't seem to resemble each other very much, nor do Mikoto and Arete bear close resemblances to one another as sisters.

Same. I paired Corrin with Azura in my 1st playthrough of all three versions. I don't think a plot reveal in a Fire Emblem game ever made me more grossed out, and just think about what a high bar that is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On Birthright, Azura (also before finding out the secret revelation).

On Conquest, I used a Female Corrin. Did Keaton then.

On Revelation, Scarlet. Why did I not listen to my friend?

Edited by Azure the Scale Tipper
Clarification.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎30 at 10:17 PM, Faustino said:

Birthright: Azura (before I found out they're actually cousins in Revelations, which got me grossed out)

On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎16 at 8:26 AM, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

On Birthright, Azura (also before finding out the secret revelation).

I honestly wonder how many people who played Fates S-Supported Azura only to be horrified/grossed out by Revelations. 

3 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I honestly wonder how many people who played Fates S-Supported Azura only to be horrified/grossed out by Revelations. 

I’m not grossed out, just disinterested. Especially since you can’t get all the child units in a playthrough if you marry her.

1 minute ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

I’m not grossed out, just disinterested. Especially since you can’t get all the child units in a playthrough if you marry her.

I didn't say you were (I just saw two posts in a row after mine listing Azura and it got me curious), but thanks for the clarification. 

Yeah; I didn't even like or want any of the 2nd gen units and I was still disliked that.