Jump to content
Coolmanio

New Heroes Revealed: Generals of Muspell (September 21 ~)

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I was really thinking and hoping the Sept. 21 banner would be laguz, but I'm cool with this too! Laevateinn! :D

If you mean possibly dragon/heron Laguz, sure, but otherwise I confidently can say I can't see new laguz being added until possibly 3.0.

Anyways, I might likely go for Laegjarn, speaking without knowing her stats. She's pretty awesome and noble. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duel skills... That's interesting.

Having Heroes like Flying Olivia, PA Azura and red flying/green infantry tome users that score 170+ is amazing! This type of skills can change the arena.

I will not spend any orb in this Nohrian banner until I have the confirmation about the Múspell units. They can be banner units, or rewards in the Book II Quests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LucinaRobin said:

Maybe "Three heroes quest" ?

Exclusive heroes from muspell are three.

Please, yes!

I really want Laegjarn and Helbindi, so of course I'm very upset that Laevatein is here to pitybreak her sister if they're all on a banner together. Those Duel skills are really enticing as well (though of course we'll have another A Skill equipped for PvE content). I can't believe I'm saying this but I think it was smart of IS to limit them by colour AND movement type (170 BST Reinhardts everywhere? No, thank you.)

35 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Duel skills... That's interesting.

Having Heroes like Flying Olivia, PA Azura and red flying/green infantry tome users that score 170+ is amazing! This type of skills can change the arena.

I will not spend any orb in this Nohrian banner until I have the confirmation about the Múspell units. They can be banner units, or rewards in the Book II Quests.

I completely forgot about those! Again: yes, please!!

Edited by DefyingFates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ippei did Garon and his creepy smile just right.

Spoiler

First off, I think I'm okay with Garon not having Bolverk. He's a pretty accessible Red Dragon, which is great for those who couldn't pull any of the Y!Tikis and can't build A!Tiki. He also has great fodder for those who won't allow him to hang around either.

Aside from that, the Muspell units look like they have good stats, certainly worth the pull. Laevatein has Atk/Def Link and Odd Spd Wave for her weapon, Laegjarm has Distant Guard and Helbindi gets Guard and Infantry Pulse (Still has lower HP than Dorcas for it)

As for the new skills on Laegjarm and Helbindi, it seems like it's all rage for them in the subreddit. I'm not a fan personally, mainly because it feels like an asspull for Arena issues. It is in the right slot for it though, A slot made the most sense. Let's be honest, they're almost certainly the characters in next week's banner. These alone make possibly concerning fodder, With two dancers already able to inherit these, high tier is likely going to get worse with the possible prevalence of Nohrzura and Pagalivia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Please, yes!

I really want Laegjarn and Helbindi, so of course I'm very upset that Laevatein is here to pitybreak her sister if they're all on a banner together. Those Duel skills are really enticing as well (though of course we'll have another A Skill equipped for PvE content). I can't believe I'm saying this but I think it was smart of IS to limit them by colour AND movement type (170 BST Reinhardts everywhere? No, thank you.)

I completely forgot about those! Again: yes, please!!

Maybe if we clear some quest we can receive those heroes as reward like TT+.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

high tier is likely going to get worse with the possible prevalence of Nohrzura and Pagalivia.

I use Nohrzura in my Arena core, but even I can see the problem here. That said...

 

4 minutes ago, LucinaRobin said:

Maybe if we clear some quest we can receive those heroes as reward like TT+.

Yes, please! And if we get two of each of as we do in TT, I may fodder one of my Helbindis off to Azura...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Garon, 43/33/22/33/32

Breath of Blight
Neutralizes "effective against dragons" bonuses. At the start of turn 4, deals 10 damage to foes within 3 spaces, and restores HP to unit = number of foes within 3 spaces × 5. If foe's Range = 2, calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res.

Distant Def 3
Panic Ploy

This is defineately going to be a painful GHB. Seriously, what is the perfect counter against him?

Anything that runs Berkuts lance or high res red units. As in caeda and clair will tank him fine or kill him. or ranged units. he diesnt have distant counter!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really strange that they added the characters this early, but there's nothing between today and 21st on the callendar that could be their way of getting in. Book 2 quests start on the 22nd.

Usually they wait for the day of the banner to put characters data on the game. I don't remember another time that datamine got info this early. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am believing the next new heroes banner will be the Múspell's units. It will not have a chapter/paralogue. Instead, the Book II quest will provide us the orbs that would be from story maps or pralogues.

Analysing the three villains heroes:

Laevatein: Searing Steel (163 BST)

The younger princess of the kingdom of flames, and future Queen of Múspell, has a quite interesting skill set. Her weapon, Laevatein, is a 16 Mt blade sword. She is already perfect for Tactic Teams. She has the second higher base atk for a infantry unit (37 Atk), which is the same as Chrom, and she has Fury by default so... 40 Atk, finally reaching 59 with her personal weapon, because her sword grants +3 Atk. Atk/Def Link is also a great skill for her. Thanks to Atk/Def Link and Odd Spd Wave, Laevatein can get +18 of additional damage, and a ally with Res Tactic Seal will boost her for max power.. She needs to compete with a lot of other sword units, even in a position in a Tactic Team, because Legendary Marth is a great unit, but she is a good unit to have. I would say Spd is the best boon for her, while Res is her best bane.

Laegjarn: Sheathed Steel (162 BST)

The eldest princess of Múspell is a interesting unit. Her personal weapon, Níu, grants +3 Spd and adds 50% of total bonuses on foe to unit's Atk/Spd/Def/Res during combat, making it a interesting weapon. If I undestood it right, if a foe has +6 to all stats, she will get 12 (half of the total of 24) to all stats? Because the weapon's description doesn't say "calculates each stat bonus independently". In the high tier arena, where foes abuse the power of Fortify, Hone and now Dual Rally + and Rally Up, it will be great. With 36 Def, she will use Bonfire effectively, and she is a good candidate to Iote's Shield Seal. Chill Atk and Distant Guard are great skills to have, showing us the  protective figure she is (reducing foe's Atk and boosting allies' ranged def/res). But she has a skill that can change arena: R Duel Flying 3. It's grants HP+5 (like a HP Plus skill), but... with it, any flying red unit which has less than 170 BST, will become a 170 BST unit, and stat total calculation excludes any values added by merges and skills. For all players information: THERE IS NO 170 BST RED FLYING UNIT IN THE GAME! The higher BST we have for this type of unit is Summer Young Tiki, with 168. This will make units like Halloween Nowi (the lowest BST) possible to score well! Not only that, now we have the first 170 BST Flying Dancer: Olivia! A  thing about high tier arena is not having dancers, but it will change! Of course the unit will use her A-slot for tjis skill, which is used to boost stats like Atk or Spd, or for counter skills, but dancers don't need it! This is a huge change for the arena mode. Laegjarn is a great unit, and she will be very useful, as a playable unit or fodder. A Atk or Spd boon will help her to shine, and, like her sister, a Res bane is the best choice.

Helbindi: Savage Scourge (163 BST)

Since Helbindi's introduction to the game, the Múspell's general caught my attention. He is the slowest green infantry unit in the game, with only 18 Spd, but he compensate with his high Atk and high mixed bulk. He is a good canditade for Distant Counter. His personal weapon, Býleistr, has a Odd Spectrum Wave effect, which makes Helbindi a valuable ally. Vengeance is his Special Skill, but believe there are better options for him. With 35 Def, he can use Bonfire and, and with 31 Res even Iceberg can be a good opition. With his HP, Res, and with access to boons and banes, he can be a good ploy user, being Atk Ploy, Def Ploy or Panic Ploy. He has access to Guard and Infantry Pulse. They are not skills that I use, but they are good skills to have. Like Laegjarn, Helbindi also has a skills that can change the current arena: G Duel Infantry 3, and like what I said about the other skill, THERE IS NO 170 BST GREEN INFANTRY UNIT IN THE GAME! The higher BST we have for this type of unit is Libra, with 164. In the current arena, with most of the teams having a Armored Team or a Dragon Team, now we can have units like Nino and Lewyn causing us problems. Not only that, but also PA!Azura has a chance to shine in the arena. Helbindi is a great axe infantry unit, and he will do his work pretty well if given a chance. Just give his Quick Riposte Skill or Seal, and Distant Counter if you don't care for the Duel Skill (because it's only useful for arena), and he is ready to fight! A boon of Atk, Def or Res will be welcomed, depending of your build, while a Spd Bane is his best choice. He has 18 Spd, and even if his has a Spd Super Boon, 22 Spd will not help you at all.

That's my opinion about the 3 Múspell units. If you have spent your precious time to read all this text, I thank you for the attention.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Garon, 43/33/22/33/32

Breath of Blight
Neutralizes "effective against dragons" bonuses. At the start of turn 4, deals 10 damage to foes within 3 spaces, and restores HP to unit = number of foes within 3 spaces × 5. If foe's Range = 2, calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res.

Distant Def 3
Panic Ploy

This is defineately going to be a painful GHB. Seriously, what is the perfect counter against him?poi

Poison Dagger. Every dagger except Flora and HS!Xander can double him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oof. Between the Legendary Marth Banner and trying to snipe for a some Myrrhges off the fury banner, I've run  completely dry on orbs. I really hope they get added to the normal pool.

 

I gotta say, I was hoping for axe Garon, but whatever. It's nice seeing a red Dragon that isn't just another Tiki alt.

Edited by Arcphoenix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think we're getting Bruno just yet. The Muspell banner is marking the conclusion of these three characters' stories, while Bruno is still doing stuff. I do think we'll get Hrid in October, but I'm not sure who to expect for September. Maybe Alm?

3 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

Oof. Between the Legendary Marth Banner and trying to snipe for a some Myrrhges off the fury banner, I've run  completely dry on orbs. I really hope they get added to the normal pool

It's a New Heroes banner, so they will be. Seemingly all as 5* exclusives, so it's like CYL, Farfetched, and Fallen Heroes.

Edited by Othin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NoirCore said:

If you mean possibly dragon/heron Laguz, sure, but otherwise I confidently can say I can't see new laguz being added until possibly 3.0.

And that could've been a 3.0 update. Nobody would've known for sure. I'm tired of people telling me "they can't see laguz being added until this point" though, so can people just drop it? Not your fault, but I've been hearing it a lot.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rinco said:

Usually they wait for the day of the banner to put characters data on the game. I don't remember another time that datamine got info this early. 

When we got Book II on November 28th, we got 2 chapter. In Chapter 2 of Book II, we have Shiro, Siegbert and Soleil, but they only were made available some days after, on the Children of Fate Banner, that started on December 4th. I believe this is the only other case of units being added to the game days before the banner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And that could've been a 3.0 update. Nobody would've known for sure. I'm tired of people telling me "they can't see laguz being added until this point" though, so can people just drop it? Not your fault, but I've been hearing it a lot.

They aren't gonna drop it if you're gonna bring it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

When we got Book II on November 28th, we got 2 chapter. In Chapter 2 of Book II, we have Shiro, Siegbert and Soleil, but they only were made available some days after, on the Children of Fate Banner, that started on December 4th. I believe this is the only other case of units being added to the game days before the banner.

Oh, yeah. Forgot that. 

But in that case, they needed the units for the chapter to come out. We already had assets for the sisters and Helbindi, so they wouldn't need to put their stats and skills yet. That's what I'm finding odd on all this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool I finally have a chance at a red dracoknight for dracoknight emblem after waiting for a year and a half.  I don't care if her little sis is there I will be trying for Laegjarn since she has one of my favorite female designs in the game.  It would be really cool if the "3 heroes" quests involved these guys but that seems like IS would be too nice with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know i want to pull at least for Helbindi, but since the banner lasts so long i think i will save up for the Lengendary and to see how Tree Heroes Banner will work out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...