New Heroes Revealed: Generals of Muspell (September 21 ~)

Coolmanio

Got Laevatein in about 65 orbs, plus original Celica and 4* Silvia!

I used all my feathers yesterday on getting Garon and Lukas to 5*, so I'll have to build back up to upgrade Silvia as well.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, got Laegjarn after only three pulls. Terrible IVs (+Res -Spd) but I’m happy I got her early, now I can save orbs until the legendary banner before deciding on pulling again. 

9 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Everutime i see this banner is on i must remind myself that it will last a month and i can and should wait for Legendary banner. 

Yeah... me too. This banner will last a month, so I don't need to spend my orbs on it in the first day. We have until October 22nd for it, and we have a Legendary Hero Banner and a Special Heroes banner during this time.

Ahhh! Laevatein is too cute! Her lines are awesome.

Laegjarn's lines are great too. I cannot wait to summon her and reunite her with Laevatein. Laevatein deserves the best onee-chan.

The beautiful Muspell sisters did not show up for me.  I spent 110 orbs before stopping.  Pity breaker 1, my 4th Y Tiki bad IV so I have to stick to my +res/-def which is still the best one I've pulled all the others have been -atk.  Pity breaker 2, my first Seigbert!  -spd/+HP though which hurts, but at least he isn't -atk.  Fodder was pretty good, got 2 Hinatas allowing me to complete Saias and Groom Marth finally.  Some more Aether, and hey another Gunter so I could give Ethlyn Hone Cav.  Honestly would have been very disappointed except for one pull which turned that to joy, finally I pulled Ares with one of the best IV at 4 star.  +atk/-res.  I pulled a couple before but they were always bad IV (-spd, -def, etc), now I can finally build the god of war.

I am waiting for legendary banner to pull on that, and see what Halloween banner holds before I pull more (which I plan to) on Muspell generals. I really want to walk away with at least one of the Muspell sisters.

On 9/21/2018 at 11:11 AM, XRay said:

Ahhh! Laevatein is too cute! Her lines are awesome.

Laegjarn's lines are great too. I cannot wait to summon her and reunite her with Laevatein. Laevatein deserves the best onee-chan.

They are finally reunited. I got Laegjarn with [+Atk, -HP]. I wish my Laevatein got that nature though.

3 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I want Helbendi so that I can fodder him off to my +9 Nino and then I won't have issues with tier 20 hopefully. 

not a fan of the new A skills. Its a band aid and not a fix. If anything they should have been forgable seals or be put in the C Slot because most units (ranged) need the A slot to reliable kill DC foes (armorers) safely in one round. As itbis they are only usefull on so few units that are support and never see the day of combat

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

not a fan of the new A skills. Its a band aid and not a fix. If anything they should have been forgable seals or be put in the C Slot because most units (ranged) need the A slot to reliable kill DC foes (armorers) safely in one round. As itbis they are only usefull on so few units that are support and never see the day of combat

They don't belong in the C slot. No matter how you look at it, even without the HP boost, they're skills that affect the unit's own stats (faking higher stats for the purpose of matchmaking) to no benefit to their allies.

Most Litrblade users don't have much issue losing their A slot to what is effectively HP +5, and melee units can always run armor-effective weapons if you're really worried about being able to break through armors.

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

The A-slot is the best place for Duel Skills. It wouldn't be fair to have a duel skills and a skill like Steady Stance, Blows, Bond or DC/CC in the same unit. If you want your low BST unit to score well, some sacrifices are needed.

Of course, having it in the Seal slot would be great, but I don't see it happening.

And, like @Ice Dragon said, Duel Skills also boost unit's HP. A stat boost skill is considered a A-slot skill.

33 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Maybe they should have gone whole hog with the "act like an armour" thing and made the skill give +2 to all stats (but make it count for BST), but also -1 to movement.

It wouldn't work... +2 to all stats, including HP, would make a 145 BST unit to reach 155, which is still low. And, if it was available to armored units, we would have 185 BST armored units, but I believe it would not be available to armored units because it also reduce movement.

But a skills that boost all stats for the cost of unit's movement is a interesting idea.

21 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It wouldn't work... +2 to all stats, including HP, would make a 145 BST unit to reach 155, which is still low. And, if it was available to armored units, we would have 185 BST armored units, but I believe it would not be available to armored units because it also reduce movement.

But a skills that boost all stats for the cost of unit's movement is a interesting idea.

Sure, but a unit with 145 BST is already a horse mage or dancer in the first place. Comparing like-for-like, it increases the value of an infantry mage to one bin below the premium armoured ones - all three armoured mages are 165 BST and gen 2 mages have 150-152. This would put them into the 160-164 bin. This is exactly what the current skills do with gen 2 melee infantry, sets them to 170 when top-end gen 2 armours have 175 (though admittedly most need a superboon to reach it).

Incidentally, none of the top BST infantry have a superboon, meaning it's impossible for any of them to reach the 175-179 bin. Myrrh and Summer Tiki could do it though.

P.S. Making it work on armoured units but naturally making them unable to move as a consequence would be kinda hilarious.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Sure, but a unit with 145 BST is already a horse mage or dancer in the first place. Comparing like-for-like, it increases the value of an infantry mage to one bin below the premium armoured ones - all three armoured mages are 165 BST and gen 2 mages have 150-152. This would put them into the 160-164 bin. This is exactly what the current skills do with gen 2 melee infantry, sets them to 170 when top-end gen 2 armours have 175 (though admittedly most need a superboon to reach it).

There are only  3 green infantry mages that reach 150 BST (Lewyn, Rhajat and Spring Sharena). Soren and Nino are more commun in Arena, and they have 147 and 148 BST respectly. I want G Duel Infantry for my Soren, so I can use my Infantry Team in Arena without having a "low" score.

11 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Incidentally, none of the top BST infantry have a superboon, meaning it's impossible for any of them to reach the 175-179 bin. Myrrh and Summer Tiki could do it though.

They don't need to reach 175 BST. 170 is enough for them to be useful in Arena, because they will never reach this BST normally. Most of the duel units will be non-5* exclusives, with some exceptions... I can see Soren, Nino and Raven being the candidates for G Duel, while Caeda and Palla are good candidates for R Duel. Players who spend a lot of money in Heroes will not care about Duel Skills, because they already have their Armored Teams ready, with 4 Lv40+10 units.

It's not guaranteed we will reach Tier 21 with the Duel skills, but it will make easier to keep Tier 20 for more than a week (I hope...).

16 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Gonna wait for whatever legendary banner they appear in. I’ve noticed Laegjarn mentions a bit of her backstory, namely she was insecure and weak, but became strong for her sister’s sake

She is similar to Hinoka. Laegjarn become stronger so she could protect her younger sister and to survive her father's rage. Hinoka become the warrior she is just because Corrin was kidnapped when he/she was a kid. Both character would be totally different if they didn't live the way they did.

4 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Maybe they should have gone whole hog with the "act like an armour" thing and made the skill give +2 to all stats (but make it count for BST), but also -1 to movement.

That kind of defeats the entire point. The Duel skills exist to allow lower-scoring units to be treated the same as higher-scoring units during matchmaking by sacrificing their A slot for a less functional skill (which many units already do with that slot).

Adding +10 to their stat total is only 2 bins, which is enough to get Gen 2 melee infantry (160 bin) up to that level, but doesn't work well on Gen 1 ranged infantry (145 bin), ranged cavalry (140-145 bins), or dancers (140-145 bins), who are much more heavily detrimental to your score range (6 stat bins of difference between 140 and 170 is an average of 3 points lost per match or 15 points across 5 matches).

25 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Well, my selfish motive is to defeat the entire point. Say no to dancers!

We will just have more Singers then.

36 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Well, my selfish motive is to defeat the entire point. Say no to dancers!

5 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

We need more variety in refreshes, true. How about standup comedy? Or pantomime?

I am lost here... First you said "no to dancers" and then you said we need more units with refresh skills?