If Intelligent Systems ported all the classic Fire Emblem titles as a Fire Emblem Collection

King Marth 64

If Intelligent Systems ported them to the games into the Fire Emblem Collection, which games might get in?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Fire Embkem Collection 1 Theory:

• I think the Collection 1 will only have the NES and SNES titles.
    • I think the Collection 1 will only have the NES, SNES, and GBA titles.
  2. 2. Fire Emblem Collection 2 Theory:

• I think the Collection 2 will only have the GBA and Tellius series titles.
    • I think the Collection 2 will only have the GBA, Tellius series and NDS titles.
    • I think the Collection 2 will only have the Tellius series and NDS titles.
  3. 3. Fire Emblem Collection 3 Theory:

• I think the Collection 3 will only have the NDS and N3DS titles.
    • I think they'll port only the Nintendo 3DS titles in Collection 3.
    • I think they'll add the Nintendo 3DS titles and release Collection 3 sometime later after the next Nintendo console is out. (after Nintendo Switch)

I did see some game companies were bundling a bunch of classic and nearly classic games and porting to modern consoles as Collections like the Mega Man Legacy Collection series, Street Fighter Collection, Capcom Beat Em Up Collection, Sega Ages, The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition, and much more. So what do you guys think if Nintendo and Intelligent Systems did the same by putting all the classic Fire Emblem titles into a big bundle as Fire Emblem Collection or whether might they call it? Do you guys think the NES + SNES titles might be in Collection 1, the GBA + Tellius titles will be in Collection 2, and Collection 3 might put the Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS titles. Or do you guys think the Nintendo DS titles should be bundled to Collection 2 and save the Nintendo 3DS games for a later time after Collection 2 releases? I know that Nintendo did add Nintendo DS games to the Wii U Virtual Console. And plus, they might put amiibo support with the Fire Emblem characters to do new challenges in the Fire Emblem Collection similar to the Mega Man amiibo on the Mega Man Legacy Collection.

I'm not saying this will most likely happen to be on Nintendo Switch. I'm just wondering how would this work as a big Bundle Collection game? Just post your thoughts about which games might be included? I'm pretty sure the Collection 2 might have the GBA, Tellius, and NDS titles will most likely be released outside of Japan, but I possibly think the Collection 1 might be going to be Japan-only since the original NES and SNES titles weren't released outside of Japan. (I don't know if they can get Treehouse, 8-4, or another localization team to do the entire text from The Binding Blade and New Mystery of the Emblem if Intelligence System puts those two in Collection 2 since those were the only non NES and SNES titles that weren't released outside of Japan)

Edited by King Marth 64

There isn't quite the options I'd expect. Mostly because if IS were to re-release the old games, I think they'd make the collections be limited to 1 continent at a time so your getting 1 worlds story. With exceptions to 8 which would be lumped in with 6 and 7, and 14....which would...do something.

I can't ever see them doing something like this. They've already expressed a preference for remakes, which become in a sense meaningless if the original games can be had for cheaper.

If they were however, it'd be 3-5 as its own deal- the SNES era, maybe with the NES duo too, it wouldn't hurt nor really help. GBA would be its own set. Tellius would be packaged as its own duo of games. The Archanean remakes are too recent.

If they were to give us a Tellius pack, could they please HD Remaster the graphics? PoR really needs better 3D models. I'd appreciate the no animations at all feature of RD being added to PoR too, as a QoL improvement that speeds things up. And Casual Mode is a must if they wanted to sell them to the newer players.

Translating the Extended Script would be nice, but that is asking for more than they'd likely be willing to do.

8 hours ago, I'm a Spheal said:

When in the recent Nintendo Direct they announced Luigi's Mansion for the 3Ds; I was kinda hoping they do that for Path of Radiance in the future. Just make them available on the e-shop or something like that.

Well, maybe they will if Luigi's Mansion remake works out. But I would expect Pokemon Colosseum and XD to come first if that happened.

3 hours ago, Jedi said:

Nintendo doesn't do collections very often, they prefer to remake/revamp and sell for full price most of the time.

this.

there's probably more chances to see a remake like Echoes, rather than a collection of old titles. there's always hope thou.

Honestly like others have said I don't expect this to happen because they've expressed interest in doing more remakes. But if they did release collections I would be so down.

I imagine they could release FE 1, 2, 3, 11, 12 as the Archanea collection; 4 and 5 as the Holy War collection; 6, 7, 8 as the Advance collection; and 9 and 10 as the Radiance collection. The Archanea collection seems big compared to the others but since 2 of the 5 games there are NES and 2 others are remakes it seems like a fair deal. The 3DS games are too recent and they can still sell them separately so yeah. If anything they'd port them to Switch/Switch 2 individually once the 3DS is dead and buried.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Usually, I'm fine with collections since they give a set of games with additions at a good price.

However, Fire Emblem is something that I don't think IS will consider doing a collection of anytime soon. The reason being is that FE games are meant to be replayed over again and each game is different from the other. Plus each game is jam packed with content that is too large for a collection even.

And again, this is Nintendo we're talking about here. They rarely ever make collection packs for their games and when they do decide to do them, those become hard to get anyways. Just look how rare Super Mario All Stars+ Super Mario World is and the same for Metroid Prime Trilogy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2018 at 12:19 PM, Harvey said:

Usually, I'm fine with collections since they give a set of games with additions at a good price.

However, Fire Emblem is something that I don't think IS will consider doing a collection of anytime soon. The reason being is that FE games are meant to be replayed over again and each game is different from the other. Plus each game is jam packed with content that is too large for a collection even.

And again, this is Nintendo we're talking about here. They rarely ever make collection packs for their games and when they do decide to do them, those become hard to get anyways. Just look how rare Super Mario All Stars+ Super Mario World is and the same for Metroid Prime Trilogy.

I would sooner say the real problem is who would care about the old FE games outside of really dedicated FE fans??? Because I highly doubt I'd be shelling out cash for FE games that, frankly, have aged poorly.