When Do You Think We'll Next Get More Information?

vanguard333

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a little more word on the game in December, or even November, but I'm expecting us to get an info dump in January,  with more news coming along every month. Depending on whether or not they're making more Fire Emblem games then Three Houses next year, we may even get another Fire Emblem focused direct, although I kinda doubt that.

Probably not until Smash Ultimate has been released. That will not only get the news about Smash out of the picture for a while but it will also let the Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee out too. I'd expect the Directs for the next couple of months to be filled or at least contain news about those two games.

I would imagine we'll either get something if there is another direct before the end of the year then we'll get something every month till release via Famitsu and shiz.

I'm personally predicting for a March release since that would line up with a Cipher release I believe. So the latest we'll get info is January (Hopefully...)

6 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

A surprise January Fire Emblem Direct containing a deep dive for Three Houses, a tease for Fire Emblem Warriors 2, slated for later in the year, and Choose your Legends 3 presented by an adorable talking owl. 

This is what I am expecting as well.  IS likes doing FE directs in January and I am hoping that Three Houses is coming in the spring, so January sounds like the earliest to hope.  I don't think we will get any info until Smash and the Pokemon games are out, since those are the games Nintendo is focusing on promoting right now.

I'm predicting either December after Smash Ultimate's release within those coming weeks or January in a direct. Another Fire Emblem Direct is very possible as well not sure on another new spin-off game too soon within it though so probably a Three Houses focused one(which I DEFINITELY prefer). But whatever the next main direct we'll get later is definitely gonna have FE Three Houses in it.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

8 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Ah, don't you guys see? Clearly they thought Warriors' PR was a good thing somehow and decided that even less useful information would be even better! Expect a trailer maybe a week before the release date.

Ah yes, and then they will say that you can summon FE amiibo fighters to join your party, but then it'll just be all Fates royals, and they'll say "we're just going for representation from the most popular games", except then it'll turn out you can randomly summon Reinhardt and Veronica to join as well just because.  Oh, and those latter two characters don't get their own amiibo's, but instead are summoned with an Alm and a Lucina amiibo.

Anyway, hell if I know when another trailer will come.  TGS has already come to pass, right?  Because that and maybe some random garbage awards show would be the only places left for them to pop it in aside from a spontaneous Direct.  And I'd only place my bet on it being shown in a Direct.

I just hope some of the... slip-ups in quality have been patched by the time we get another trailer.  Seems like they weren't quite ready with the game the first time around, so maybe that's why it's taking so long to show again.

Judging from IS' tendencies, it'll take very long until they showcase the game again, probably a few months before the game is released.

Yeah, I really dislike how they pull zero effort on announcing their games and satisfying the fanbase with info, compared to what most companies do with their high selling titles (ok, FE isn't thaaaaaat high selling, but it did well enough to be promoted).

I could see it only happening around March or so of the next year. The combat animations looked really rough in that teaser, and it felt like they just did a reveal to show something considering how they were delaying the game, but after looking at the state of the game during that showing  I could see it ending up as a late 2019 game.

Edited by NeonZ

Yes the animations and graphics definitely don't look fluid or as good as they said it's going to be so I'm not shock they didn't show more yet and the release was pushed to Spring but that could probably be due to Smash Ultimate releasing last minute of the year (assuming of course the trailer was stock footage they had a long time ago at early stages of its development and use because they might assume people were really worried they were becoming purely mobile. Ok maybe not the last part Naga forbid lol but I'm sure a bunch thought of that). But assuming its not there likely wasn't enough time to improve on what they showed significantly. At this point in time I'm expecting more info either in December after Smash is released at the earliest or in January in a regular direct or a FE focused one.

I don't expect to see any news before the release of Smash. Tree Houses look big enough that it needs to take a good deal of attention in a direct and at the moment the colossus that is Smash is likely to hog all the attention for itself. But after Smash is out they don't need to sustain the Smash hype and can affort to give more screentime to other ventures. 

We probably won't hear anything until January in a big Direct focusing on all the games coming out for the year. Maybe we might get a Famitsu article or a small teaser trailer in December, but I'm not going to hold my breath. IS's marketing strategy seems to be to announce a game title, show a trailer, and then go dark for several months until we get closer to the release date. Once spring comes around we are going to be getting multiple trailers and Famitsu articles to go over.

On 15/09/2018 at 1:42 PM, NeonZ said:

I could see it only happening around March or so of the next year. The combat animations looked really rough in that teaser, and it felt like they just did a reveal to show something considering how they were delaying the game, but after looking at the state of the game during that showing  I could see it ending up as a late 2019 game.

Yeah, that sounds very plausible. Guess they got busier with Heroes than they expected to, which would make some sense, considering how massively succesful it was, and still is... IS is a decently big studio though, and Heroes isn't the kind of games that should require that big a team to work on it.

Anyway, I also think January makes a lot of sense, unfortunately.

Edited by Cysx

January isn't horribly far off. I mean September is more than half over and the Switch has an ok library. 

I'm oddly happy about how quiet things have been lately. I was super pissed when almost the entire story of Fates got leaked early, it really killed my desire to play it for myself. If our next trailer comes in January and the game releases in March, I'll be pretty happy.

On 9/14/2018 at 8:01 PM, Ertrick36 said:

Ah yes, and then they will say that you can summon FE amiibo fighters to join your party, but then it'll just be all Fates royals, and they'll say "we're just going for representation from the most popular games", except then it'll turn out you can randomly summon Reinhardt and Veronica to join as well just because.  Oh, and those latter two characters don't get their own amiibo's, but instead are summoned with an Alm and a Lucina amiibo.

Oh, definitely, but don't worry, the Fates Royals do get their own Amiibo unlike Rein and Veronica, the possible sales to be made off of a Camilla Amiibo are far too high to pass up.

Very true silence could be a good sign at hard work being made which from the first trailer shows yeah its definitely needed...., but at the same time it can be worrisome if it's TOO silent (2017-first trailer was pretty brutal in this which figures given IS's track record of when they reveal their upcoming games). I can still see some small bit of info on this game before the year's over till January. I can definitely see March as well if no major 1st party title comes besides it during the month seeing as we have 2 spring games on the way(other being Yoshis Crafted World which I see being after Three Houses given its history with the previous title and JRPGs usually fill in the early spring slot).

release day

I agree with those who think a january fire emblem direct seems possible, FEW2 is something I am hoping for and CYL3 would be enough padding to justify another direct, also PoR and RD ports for the switch.

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, FEH's book 2 has recenntly finished and I don't think book 3 is going to be stalled untill january, that that would honestly that would be at least the time of the next feh channel at least, but I'm actually expeting a FEH direct before the next smash blowout even if I'm expecting half of the content to be FEH. becuase I'm expecting a new FE spinoff game at this point, whether it be a TMS port/dub, an annoucement of a remake game for next year(unlikely.... but still), or most likely an FEW2.

I think at best, it'll get a quick shout-out in a November Nintendo Direct, maybe show off some better animations, 30-45 seconds at the most. What will most likely happen is January direct, with a decent chunk of time devoted exclusively to Fire Emblem. As for a spin-off, I'm doubtful of FEW2, at least this soon. I'd say give it another year or so, and instead they'll either do something akin to TMS, with a cross-over (as for with whom, yeah I got nothing. Maybe Pokemon since I heard a few of the developers wanted to do that), or another Echoes game. While the fanbase really wants a FE4 remake, FE6 is definitely coming before that. So let's say January, 5 minute go over of Three Houses, giving it a release date sometime around May, with a trailer showcasing Fire Emblem Echoes: The Elibe Chronicles (or some other foreboding yet cheesy name.) slated for an early 2020 release. Pure speculation, of course.

Edited by DarthR0xas