THE KH3 BOXART DROPPED AHHHHHHHHHH

ChefGuevara

• eclipse changed the title to THE KH3 BOXART DROPPED OMG!

Would you look at that sky!  Just look at how the darkness slowly fades to dawn, and how beautiful the colors go together!

Oh, right, the rest of the art.  Why's Namine all alone?

9 hours ago, Kazuya said:

Xion is there though. Not a bad thing mind you but that just means she is somehow relevant now even though she really isn't at all. 

I think she's included to complete the Axel-Roxas-Xion friendship trio. The trio of best friends has always been a series constant starting with Sora-Riku-Kairi and eventually introducing Aqua-Terra-Ventus and of course Axel-Roxas-Xion. It's a simple thematic parallel, but it's effective for a game like Kingdom Hearts and it's themes of friendship. 

1 hour ago, TheGoodHoms said:

I think she's included to complete the Axel-Roxas-Xion friendship trio. The trio of best friends has always been a series constant starting with Sora-Riku-Kairi and eventually introducing Aqua-Terra-Ventus and of course Axel-Roxas-Xion. It's a simple thematic parallel, but it's effective for a game like Kingdom Hearts and it's themes of friendship. 

I get she is there for trio but it's Nomura and we all know Nomura

28 minutes ago, Kazuya said:

He's a 12 year old trapped in a 50 year old's body? 

Edited by Slumber

1 hour ago, Kazuya said:

I get what you're saying. Sorry if I came off as preachy about all that thematic stuff. At the end of the day, all that really matters is that the art looks really good regardless of symbolism.

7 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

I get what you're saying. Sorry if I came off as preachy about all that thematic stuff. At the end of the day, all that really matters is that the art looks really good regardless of symbolism.

Preachy? When? You're all good. 

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

I am most disappoint that @ChefGuevara didn't tag me in this when it dropped

The hype continues with each new trailer for me. January can't come any sooner!

In my defense, i posted this really late at night, but ye, my bad

But uhhh yeah

The hype is...mostly dead for me, but this has fanned that tiny little flame that my inner child has tended to all these years, and even though I'm prolly not gonna care by release day...it still gave me warm fuzzies godamnit 

That...that's beautiful...and the hope for Xion that's about dead in my heart lives yet again. Nomura you flipping troll, if she doesn't show so help me...

Then again, if she does reappear that'll make things awkward for my writing.

18 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

That...that's beautiful...and the hope for Xion that's about dead in my heart lives yet again. Nomura you flipping troll, if she doesn't show so help me...

Then again, if she does reappear that'll make things awkward for my writing.

My big hope is for roxas to come back

...partly because I like him, and partly because I know that any Sora death scene would be absolutely hilarious 

8 minutes ago, ChefGuevara said:

...partly because I like him, and partly because I know that any Sora death scene would be absolutely hilarious

Well, the recent trailer seems to indicate his return. At the end of it, I recall seeing Oblivion in one hand, as a figure with Roxas' hair removes his hood. Granted, it's from behind, but...it's Oblivion.

1 hour ago, ChefGuevara said:

I would definitely appreciate a Sora death scene to its utmost. I do wonder, though, if perhaps there's another way to draw out someone's Nobody? We see Marluxia again despite the lack of anyone with a Keyblade beating the tar out of his Somebody, so perhaps it's possible for one's Nobody to physically manifest without the corresponding Somebody needing to take a Keyblade to the knee. In which case, of course we'll get Roxas and Namine back. And if that's the case, logic would dictate that someone who shouldn't have existed after death but did anyways should also be able to physically manifest again...SO XION BETTER BE HERE NOMURA OR HEADS MIGHT ACTUALLY ROLL

Also frick, I just realized I haven't seen any trailers since the one where Monsters Inc was first confirmed, I've gotta go find them!

It's fuckin kingdom hearts man

dont apply any more thought to it than Nomura did

I haven't watched the newest trailer, I think I might just try to hold off at this point though

Unless I hear Zack was shown, in which case I'm hypebeasting

Yanno, if there’s one thing that I kinda hope they do in KH III, it’s a cutscene for the battle between the 7 lights and 13 darknessrs before you take control and conclude it, and make it something along the lines of this:

Like, I’d love to see the heroes kind of tag-team against the villains and just show off how far everything’s come, and just see something just truly epic before the actual fight is turned over to the player.