If you could add one more FE character...

Fire Emblem Fan

If you could add one more FE character...  

43 members have voted

1. 1. ...who would it be?

• Anna
    • Lyn
    • Hector
    • Ephraim
    • Micaiah
    • The Black Knight
    • Azura
    • Celica
    • Edelgard
    • Other (specify)

My choices for a new FE character would be either Alm (cuz he's my favorite FE lord, also he just deserves more love X(), Hector (another one of my favorite FE lords, and also he has an axe, so he would avoid the too many swords complaint), or Black Knight (My favorite FE villain). Of those three, the Black Knight is probably the most likely because of the Mii Costume, the General in the background for Castle Siege being edited to less resemble the Black Knight, and the Heroes vs. Villains theme that this game is seem to be having. The Black Knight would make the most sense as FE's villain rep, because let's be real here, who else are you gonna pick?

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like the Fire Emblem roster in Smash got an unfortunate fate, though arguably not as bad as Zelda (Twenty years of the big bad being a Falcon clone, and now we have THREE Links that ALL use bombs/boomerangs/arrows/spin attack?! Make it stop...). If it were possible to rewrite history and make a better roster for Fire Emblem, I feel like I'd choose these four characters in order: Marth (The very first lord, and could represent all sword wielding main lords as far as I'm concerned.), Anna (Kind of the mascot with endless possibilities for how she could work.), Tiki (The most recurring playable character if you discount remakes, and could have fun possibilities.), the White Wings (The most recurring playable characters if you count remakes. I've seen several workable and fun ideas for such a character. And something like that just screams Fire Emblem far more than just about any sword lord.) Unfortunately, all my attempts at building a time machine have ended in failure, so we'll just have to endure what we got thus far. If we could get just one more, then any of the three after Marth above would please me, as long as they're done creatively (So help me, if I see another Marth clone...).

The only way I could see another FE character actually making it in this game is if they do decide to add one via DLC to promote Three Houses. That would be unfortunate if there are only new characters since it would mean another Roy would be born (A character that essentially becomes more of a Smash Bros character than a FE character.). But recently when again watching the Three Houses trailer, I noticed that at the very end when the talking stops, you can hear a sleeping sigh that sounds  lot like Tiki's voice... at first I thought perhaps that was just another dragon that resembled Tiki, but now I'm wondering if it might actually be her... We won't know until we get more info (if we ever do...), but if that does turn out to be Tiki, then she automatically deserves to be in far more than any other character in Three Houses.

Edited by Amanroth

2 hours ago, Amanroth said:

I feel like the Fire Emblem roster in Smash got an unfortunate fate, though arguably not as bad as Zelda (Twenty years of the big bad being a Falcon clone, and now we have THREE Links that ALL use bombs/boomerangs/arrows/spin attack?! Make it stop...). If it were possible to rewrite history and make a better roster for Fire Emblem, I feel like I'd choose these four characters in order: Marth (The very first lord, and could represent all sword wielding main lords as far as I'm concerned.), Anna (Kind of the mascot with endless possibilities for how she could work.), Tiki (The most recurring playable character if you discount remakes, and could have fun possibilities.), the White Wings (The most recurring playable characters if you count remakes. I've seen several workable and fun ideas for such a character. And something like that just screams Fire Emblem far more than just about any sword lord.) Unfortunately, all my attempts at building a time machine have ended in failure, so we'll just have to endure what we got thus far. If we could get just one more, then any of the three after Marth above would please me, as long as they're done creatively (So help me, if I see another Marth clone...).

The only way I could see another FE character actually making it in this game is if they do decide to add one via DLC to promote Three Houses. That would be unfortunate if there are only new characters since it would mean another Roy would be born (A character that essentially becomes more of a Smash Bros character than a FE character.). But recently when again watching the Three Houses trailer, I noticed that at the very end when the talking stops, you can hear a sleeping sigh that sounds  lot like Tiki's voice... at first I thought perhaps that was just another dragon that resembled Tiki, but now I'm wondering if it might actually be her... We won't know until we get more info (if we ever do...), but if that does turn out to be Tiki, then she automatically deserves to be in far more than any other character in Three Houses.

This is absolutely not what this thread is for and I specifically said in the OP to not go into the "current Smash roster bad for [insert reason]/too many swords/too much FE/etc." arguments.

I specifically said in the OP to not go into the "current Smash roster bad for [insert reason]/too many swords/too much FE/etc." arguments.

And no arguments were made. I was just summing up my personal reason for why my choice would be a toss up between Anna and Tiki. If somebody says, "I would choose Leif because his sword is cool!" then that is their opinion and I won't argue with it. 

Edit: Oh, so you meant you don’t want to hear any such things brought up whatsoever even if they factor into a person’s own decision. Apologies, I thought you meant don’t bring up such things to argue against somebody’s choice (IE somebody says they want Lief and another person argues that’s a bad choice because “too many swords” or whatever.). There are many people for whom such things may be a factor in their own choice, however. So you may want to be a little more clear by adding something like, “By which I mean I don’t want to hear any such things mentioned at all even if it factors into your character choice. If your choice is affected by such things then don’t say why you want your character, just say who your character is and GTFO.” :P:

Edited by Amanroth

1 hour ago, Amanroth said:

And no arguments were made. I was just summing up my personal reason for why my choice would be a toss up between Anna and Tiki. If somebody says, "I would choose Leif because his sword is cool!" then that is there opinion and I won't argue with it.

I'll reiterate since I guess you didn't get it.

I SPECIFICALLY asked that people not talk about those subjects, at ALL. You ignored it and did anyway.

Please do not do it again.