So what is your favorite character?

Lunarisparadox

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to gameplay its definitely either Xander or Frederick. I love their 100% cavalry moveset. They feel very powerful when their horse knocks over every opponent they face. 

In terms of character its definitely Takumi. He was already the best Fates character and of the Awakening or Archenea characters I don't like anyone as much as I do Takumi.

Lissa also deserves a mention. She combines both character and gameplay. I always liked Lissa as a character since she tends to be amusing and she's great with gameplay too. Lissa is a rare axe user who can also heal and provides the amusing situation of a little girl swinging a big axe around. Her personality makes her endearing, her healing makes her useful and contract between her weapon and character makes her funny. 

FREDDY! Why would I say anyone else but my favorite husband and knight? He's my second favorite character in the whole series after Ike (who I still can't believe is not in this game while Lyn is. So unfair. That sequel they talked about better happen) and when Freddy was revealed for the game, I was super happy! I wasn't sure any of my favorites would make it in when it was said to only be Awakening, Fates, and SD characters. Frederick is from Awakening, but he was never very popular.

Koei didn't disappoint me with how he plays or anything either! In fact, they exceeded my expectations! His moveset is so brutal it's beyond awesome. XD And he looks amazingly handsome in the game as usual. And he got one of the most hilarious conversations ever in his support with Leo, oh my god LOL. Also, did I mention the special conversation titled "Freddy Bear"? I LOVE that nickname. XD And as a Freddy x Robin shipper, it made me squee with joy. lol I haven't viewed the rest of it yet though, since I haven't gotten the characters at a high enough level to complete the associated battle (I decided to wait to play more until I could afford to get more DLC. I decided I really want Freddy's Armored Axe). Hell, his promoted look is amazing too! That armor is so gorgeous.

Oh yeah, shirtless Frederick too. He's incredibly hot. <3 Never thought I'd see the day this became a thing though, and now both Heroes (sorta) and Warriors have done it!

The only thing Koei could've added at all to please me even more is another costume, preferably his summer alt from Heroes. I still kinda wish they'd given him another costume period, but I don't want sound or get greedy. xP

Edited by Anacybele

'Boro, 'Boro, and mo 'Boro RGaYS2c.pngノヽRGaYS2c.pngノヽRGaYS2c.png

Watch me as I surprise absolutely no one by being a fanboy over the best racist fashionista around yet again.

I like her design.

I like her character.

I like the way she plays.

And I like her supports in this game.

Honorable mentions go to Lissa, Fred, and Lyn.  They're all fun to play as, and I also just like Frederick the pebble collecting arsonist in general.  And I also like Anna in this game over her in the main 3DS games; she comes across as more of an aspiring businesswoman in this game than just a greedy woman who cares for little else beyond wealth.

I'm surprised at the number of Fredricks. I've always found his damage output just disappointingly low. Then again this may just be me hating how LONG it takes to kill him if you dont have a magic user. He NEVER DIES EVER I SWEAR. And oh man Oboro is just silly. Her strong attack covers such a huge area that you can just sweep entire areas with it XD. Nowhere near as OP as Olivia though. Fire Emblem Warriors came to us so as to prove luck is actually the most important stat.

3 minutes ago, Lunarisparadox said:

I'm surprised at the number of Fredricks. I've always found his damage output just disappointingly low. Then again this may just be me hating how LONG it takes to kill him if you dont have a magic user. He NEVER DIES EVER I SWEAR. And oh man Oboro is just silly. Her strong attack covers such a huge area that you can just sweep entire areas with it XD. Nowhere near as OP as Olivia though. Fire Emblem Warriors came to us so as to prove luck is actually the most important stat.

What? That's odd, Frederick has one of the higher Atk stats in the game. I think the only people that hit harder than him are Camilla and Minerva. But it pleases me to see all the mentions of Frederick as well! Felt like both he and Camilla were completely overshadowed by Lissa beforehand. :P Now Lissa is someone I don't really enjoy playing. Her moveset is too weird for me and she doesn't hit hard enough or take hits well. My play style though, is more or less taking hits and being able to dish them right back hard, so Frederick does fit me a lot better anyway.

I will agree that Frederick is the hardest to kill in this game though, holy crap. XD You're in for a very rough time indeed if you didn't pick a mage!

Edited by Anacybele

I say Frederick has low damage output specifically because of his lower luck. When you start getting to higher levels lethality is basically the only way to kill some things in a timely manner. That or effective damage anyways. Also means he doesn't get nearly as much benefit from Luna, which can make enemy defenses even more of an issue. 

1 minute ago, Lunarisparadox said:

I say Frederick has low damage output specifically because of his lower luck. When you start getting to higher levels lethality is basically the only way to kill some things in a timely manner. That or effective damage anyways. Also means he doesn't get nearly as much benefit from Luna, which can make enemy defenses even more of an issue. 

Oh, that. Yeah, his low luck is pretty disappointing, I'll give you that.

M!Robin. Both in terms of character and gameplay (tome user using mainly lightning magic with a pretty good moveset). So I'm really happy that they went with him as the default.

From there, going by both character and gameplay, it basically goes Leo, followed by Xander, before finally rounding it out with Lissa (in terms of only character) or Caeda (in terms of only gameplay).

Another favorite of mine would definitely be Navarre. He attacks so FAST. And then you put Astra on him and the enemies pretty much don't even get to fight back. Not to mention all his stats are really good to begin with and u have one CRAZY overpowered character. I mean its Dynasty Warriors, so they are all OP, thats kinda the point, but Navarre just takes it to a whole new level.

Robin is a good choice. Has decent power, no MAJOR bad matchups. Except Anybody with res anyways. Only thing really holding Robin back is the low luck. Seriously though why is Robin's res SO HIGH. Did anybody ever pick res boon in awakening anyways?

Edited by Lunarisparadox

I haven't even touched Xander and I've yet to unlock Lyn or download any of the DLC, but I really enjoy Tiki, Lissa, Robin, and Ryoma. I don't think Tiki needs much explanation, Lissa is just a fun moveset to me with the area damage, Robin is both a fave and a destroyer of worlds, and Ryoma is just... fast.

Marth is my favourite. He's fast, graceful, and Yuri Lowenthal hits his peak here in regards to voicing him.

Shout outs to Caeda, Tiki, Navarre, Minerva, Linde and Lissa.

without a doubt tiki, just a really fun playstyle, I also have a massive bias toward manaketes which helps her, it makes me really want myrrh in FEW 2 should it happen, though I don't expect her till 3.

she also gets a gold medal for worst voice acting, she single handedly forced me to switch to japanese due to how much I use her.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

My favorite is Anna. Was always fond of her, Anna's specials are always hilarious to watch and her high luck lets her take advantage of the several luck stat related skills in this game. I always choose her over the other three archers. Lissa is my favorite axe user, Linde is my go-to mage, I alternate between Azura and Cordelia for lances, and Chrom/Owain/Lianna are the swordies I commonly use.

Sorta varies, I like different characters for different reasons.

Lucina for overall character and a tiny bit in the way of play style.
Owain for how freakin' hilarious he is and his exchanges with characters associated with him (particularly his tag special with Lucina)
Navarre for how smooth and lethal his play style is to me.
Caeda for having the most overpowered personal weapon in the game.