Favourite Heroes OC

Icelerate

Favourite Heroes Character  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite character in this game?

Out of the cast of characters this game's story has, which did you find most enjoyable? My personal favourite is Helbindi. At first, I felt he'd just be a generic brute you defeat but it turned out he's arguably the deepest OC we have in this game. Although that's not saying much but still. 

His persistence and desperation were intriguing and him finally going up against Surtr was a badass moment. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laevatein's been my favorite from the moment Book 2 Ch 1 came out. Love her design, VA is someone who voices other characters I really like, and I do like her character well enough on its own.

My favorite is Super Bun Bun Pal; she is too adorable and cute. Anna, Laegjarn, Laevatein, and Loki tie for seconds. I like that Anna is still greedy in the Paralogues like the rest of her sisters. Laegjarn is the best Fire Emblem onee-chan, topping Camilla. I put Laevatein as the second best little sister after Elise. As for Loki, I like her plot armor. Everyone else ties for sixth I guess.

Surtr is at the bottom of the pile.

I kinda like Bruno, Alfonse and Sharena, but maybe Bruno the most? Probably because of his clothes design. Sharena is cute, and cheerful, and happy, and Alfonse was pretty... okay in book 2. As for usefulness, it's gotta be Fjorm. Easily the most accessible out of all of them not just because most of them is not even available

I like almost all OCs (Nifl chars a little less) and it's a pity their story is so flat. For me Veronica playing tea party is the most adorable and her representation in the comic cool to:

0p5d2nmd2kd01.png

Just watch how tiny her OG version is (from the unit builder):

0291crqdqz401.png

I loved Laegjarn the moment she appeared! She may just be another Camus, but her calmness, wisdom, and caring attitude towards her little sister stole my heart. Not to mention, I found her design and pose very elegant and fitting. She is amazing in the comics as well! Also, being a wyvern rider will always be a bonus.

Laegjarn obviously, she is awesome character in every possible way. Especially personality. She is really kind of person I would love to be aquinted in RL. 

Second would be Sharena and third classic Veronica. Sharena is there simply for being cute though as there is lot of way more developed OC characters. 

Well pretty much all OC come out  pretty well when compared to Fate cast for example though. 

Edited by Tenzen12

Darn. XD I like a good many of them. Ylgr, Gunnthra, Helbindi, Laegjarn, Alfonse, Bruno, Sharena, and Hrid. The summoner's okay, but I really wish we could at least pick between having a male or female one (even though the sprite wouldn't change much; we could at least not be assumed male. I believe the text somewhere referred to the summoner as "he" at one point, though IS does their best to keep things neutral.) Fjorm was cool at first, but I began to like her less and less as time went on. She kind of fell into a cliché, but that's just my opinion. I never cared much for Laevaitan or Surtr, and I straight up dislike Anna, Veronica, and Loki (though I think I like Loki the least. Anna's at least kind of entertaining during festivals, and I'm still waiting for a Jake to show up for her. My opinion would probably shoot up if I got to see her fumbling over herself at meeting her Jake. X3 It'd be cute! Veronica's just boring and annoying to me, so I really don't understand why people like her so much. She's a combination of annoying little girl and "wants to kill you" while also trying to garner pity because she has cursed blood, and I just find that really irritating.)

I'd also like to see the Askr king and queen enter the story at some point. Alfonse and Sharena talk about them, though it's more likely their dad will come into the story than their mom. But who knows? Maybe their mom is a Nailah kind of queen. (Unlikely, but...) Ah, I want to see the four dragons come into the story, too: Askr, Muspel, Embla and Nifl. I wonder how much I'll like these 6 once/if they get introduced...

As for the present, though, narrowing it down... Alfonse's level-headed, calm nature is a nice reprieve from Anna and Sharena's energy. Yet, Sharena's energy is very friendly and fun to be around. Bruno's story is long-term and compelling. Though I doubt we'll get to see much more from them, I'd like to interact with Ylgr and Hrid more, and learn more especially about the latter since we didn't get to see much of who he is in this last book, whereas I feel I have a fair grasp on Ylgr. Gunnthra was cool and gentle; liked that. Like Alfonse, Laegjarn was a nice contrast to the people she was around the most, and she had a nice sense of honor and duty. And Helbindi is just awesome. He's the sort of guy who's all tough and prickly on the outside, but a cool bro on the inside. I'd like to see him interact with Ylgr more.

So, narrowing it down... Alfonse, Helbindi, or Laegjarn. I enjoy reading them the most. That's still 3 instead of 1, though, so... Well, I would like to read more of Laegjarn, but, well, that's unlikely outside of barracks stuff. All 3 are ones I'd be happy to hang out with. Urgh, this is hard... I...guess I'll go ahead and pick Laegjarn. She ties with the other two on many levels, but her cool factor is just impressive, so I'd have to pick her for now. But Helbindi is so endearing, and Alfonse is so refreshing, I'm not sure my choice won't fluctuate depending on the circumstance, so...there you have it.

Edit: Forgot about Veronica. She has now been inserted into my analysis.

Edited by Mercakete

Probably Alfonse. He seems a very capable lord and I prefer it when my lords have a good head on their shoulders. Of the heroes he's also the only one who does...anything of note really. Its always Alfonse who comes with the initiative, its always Alfonse who's the one telling the lore and if something important needs to be done it will be done by Alfonse instead of Sharena or Anna. 

Compared to cheery Sharena or greedy Anna Alfonse is the straight man of the group but he manages to do this without being a complete bore himself. His own issues as well as him being a nerd gives him his own identity aside from the role as straight man.

With the villains its easily Helbindi. He's the only one who really had a compelling arc and that everything just keeps going horribly wrong for him makes him endearing. Not that Helbindi has much competition but I think he has enough going for him that recurring minor bosses from the main game might learn a thing or two from him. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Hrid hands down for me.  As someone in their mid-20s I like it when there are characters that are closer to my age and I have a soft spot for the big sibling arch type.  Plus, I love his artwork.

Helbendi, for being pretty decent in a overall bad cast of characters. He's a simple but effective character, in my opinion, which I appreciate.

Alfonse, for being the only one out of the Askr trio + Fjorm to have any semblance of character progression / development.

59 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I believe the text somewhere referred to the summoner as "he" at one point, though IS does their best to keep things neutral.

To my knowledge, it's never outright assumed a gender for the summoner, though it has implied a male summoner at times, like when they teased Sharena wanting to give...something with romantic implications? I forget exactly what it was - to the summoner in a paralogue.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

Technically Anna, but she's not really a Heroes OC, so I'd feel awkward voting for her here. Otherwise, Veronica. Most of them I'm pretty neutral towards, though Alfonse is easily dead last.

Alfonse is generally locked up as a strong character so I'm curious why he's dead last.

37 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

Alfonse, for being the only one out of the Askr trio + Fjorm to have any semblance of character progression / development.

I don't like Alfonse because of this actually. I find it a big falt in the writting of Heroes that only he receives attention of any kind that isn't comedic, hell he performs Anna's Commander role better than her and that makes him just too much of a good thing for my taste. Also being a nerd/not being cheery isn't enought for a character flaw.

Design-wise, Hrid is my favourite for the guys and Laegjarn is my favourite for the gals. 

Personality-wise, only Alfonse has left much of an impression on me, so I chose him. I like Veronica's interactions with Bruno, Xander and Seth in the game and manga but otherwise don't much care for her. The rest haven't left much of an impression at all. Helbindi and Laegjarn maybe had potential but they had too little time spent. 

I want to say Surtr for the memes

Of all of them I like Laegjarn the most because I like my Camuses, although she doesn't offer anything new to the archetype. Alfonse would go in second place because his personality was really fleshed out in book II (one of the few things it did right alongside Helbindi).  

The others are too boring to consider, although I still love Fjorm's design.