Grand Hero Battle Breaks: Garon

SatsumaFSoysoy

King of Nohr, Garon, possessed by Anankos, challenges us to battle!

Map

Hard & Lunatic

Spoiler

GmBekKJ.png

Infernal

Spoiler

svase6J.png

Infernal Enemy Data

Garon

Spoiler

HP: 69
Atk: 52
Spd: 24
Def: 36
Res: 35

Weapon: Breath of Blight
Assist:
Special: Dragon Fang (1 cd)

A: Distant Def 3
B: Dull Ranged 3
C: Panic Ploy 3

Lance Armor

Spoiler

HP: 76
Spd: 12
Def: 44
Res: 23

Weapon: Brave Lance+
Assist:
Special: Sacred Cowl

A: Atk/Res 2
B: Wary Fighter 3
C: Drive Atk 2

Cleric

Spoiler

HP: 46
Atk: 41
Spd: 31
Def: 25
Res: 38

Weapon: Gravity+
Assist: Recover+
Special: Heavenly Light

A: Brazen Def/Res 3
B: Guard 3
C: Def Ploy 3

Fighter

Spoiler

HP: 61
Atk: 48
Spd: 34
Def: 33
Res: 24

Weapon: Slaying Axe+
Assist:
Special: Luna

A: Swift Sparrow 2
B: Wrath 3
C: Spd Smoke 3

Green Mage Knight

Spoiler

HP: 45
Atk: 49
Spd: 28
Def: 18
Res: 37

Weapon: Gronnraven+
Assist:
Special: Growing Wind

A: Triangle Adept 3
B: Poison Strike 3
C: Spur Spd/Res 2

Mercenary

Spoiler

HP: 61
Atk: 51
Spd: 37
Def: 36
Res: 27

Weapon: Armorsmasher+
Assist:
Special: Glimmer

A: Fury 3
B: Swordbreaker 3
C: Odd Spd Wave 3

Reinforcements

Turn 2

Bow Knight

Spoiler

HP: 55
Spd: 24
Def: 27
Res: 25

Weapon: Silver Bow+
Assist:
Special: Draconic Aura

A: Sturdy Blow 2
B: Daggerbreaker 3
C: Even Res Wave 3

Red Mage Knight

Spoiler

Weapon: Rauðrblade+
Assist:
Special: Reprisal

A: Death Blow 3
B: Pass 3
C: Even Spd Wave 3

Turn 3

Red Mage

Spoiler

HP: 52
Atk: 46
Spd: 35
Def: 22
Res: 31

Weapon: Rauðrwolf+
Assist:
Special: Glimmer

A: Warding Stance 3
B: Bowbreaker 3
C: Savage Blow 3

Lance Dragoon

Spoiler

HP: 57
Spd: 30
Def: 39
Res: 21

Weapon: Slaying Lance+
Assist:
Special: Bonfire

A: Steady Stance 3
B: Swordbreaker 3
C: Fortify Def 3

Turn 3 Enemy Phase

Blue Mage Knight

Spoiler

Weapon: Thoron+
Assist:
Special: Iceberg

A: Bracing Blow 2
B: Seal Def/Res 2
C: Savage Blow 3

Axe Cavalier

Spoiler

HP: 57
Atk: 30
Spd: 27
Def: 28
Res: 33

Weapon: Wo Gùn+
Assist:
Special: Moonbow

A: Distant Def 3
B: Vantage 3
C: Odd Spd Wave 3

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strategy

- Reminder that Garon is immune to Dragonslaying weapons, and is infantry, not armored.

- The two horses that spawn on turn 2 sort of encourage more aggressive play.

- It's a good idea to take out the healer on turn 1 to have less of a headache later on. She doesn't actually have Dazzling Staff this time, but watch out for Gravity+.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Horses, horses, horses, horses
Coming in in all directions
White shining, silver studs with their nose in flames

Think it was pretty average difficulty by the standards of reinforcement maps. Just my default horses of Xander, Ephraim, Cecilia and Lyn. Appropriately enough Garon ended up suiciding into Xander, who survived with 1hp - good thing I gave him those merges.

That Lance Armor and Cleric already looks annoying, and I haven't even tried this yet. I was thinking Berkut or M!Kana before I saw this map, but I might just bring the Rein again.

6 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

That Lance Armor and Cleric already looks annoying, and I haven't even tried this yet. I was thinking Berkut or M!Kana before I saw this map, but I might just bring the Rein again.

The cleric doesn't even have Dazzling or Wrathful, they were merciful.

Uh, another topic? I already posted my clear here: 

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Garon Infernal in one turn: 

This one was solved fast as well, regardless of precharged Dragon Fang, Wary Fighter and Guard (Guard on the healer prevented a player phase only clear though). I left animations on this time, it's one of the rare moments when Roy uses a damage special. Oscar needs Spur SPD from Cordelia since the Sword Fighter is buffed by the mage. Cordelia needs to kill the Knight before Roy kills the Healer, their support would make Cordelia kill the Knight too fast to proc Galeforce. 

[...]

I hate these reinforcement maps. I keep failing no matter what I do. If I go with armors, the armorsmasher fighter gets me no matter who I send, and if I go with cavalry, one of the mage cavs gets me. Considering how people are having a rather easy time, I’m most likely retarded since I can’t seem to figure it out. I’ll see if I get better luck with infantry or a mixed team. 

Holy crap. I beat infernal and it took two tries. Yay for having busted units? Also, the reinforcement markers are really helpful.

Team of 5* Clair +5 (+Atk, -HP) with unique refined Rhomphaia, Reposition, Iceberg, Darting Blow 3, Desperation 3, Attack Smoke 3, a Guidance 3 seal, and S summoner support; 5* Meisterhardt +7 (+Atk, -Spd) with Reposition, Moonbow, and a Heavy Blade 3 seal; 5* Lilina +3 (+Atk, -HP) with unique refined Forblaze, Draw Back, Blazing Flame, Death Blow 3, Swordbreaker 3, and a Quick Riposte 3 seal; and 5* Azura (+Spd, -HP) with Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Attack 3, and a Drive Atk 2 seal.

My first try I had Clair still equipped with Goad Fliers, Meisterhardt with Luna, and Lilina with Growing Flame. I lost knowing that Meisterhardt was 1 damage away from being able to ORKO Garon which if he had Moonbow possibly could have let him do that as he'd be able to activate it with Heavy Blade and that the lance armor is even more of a pain in the ass than on hard and lunatic. I switched Clair to Atk Smoke since it'd be useful and Lilina to Blazing Flame for more damage as she gets it charged after turn 1 after counter killing the green, T-Adept mage. Thanks for being faster than her and having T-Adept so you do no damage to my delightful monster. Little did I know that having Blazing Flame charged meant she could ORKO the Brave Lance armor so that I wouldn't have had to waste it on the sword Infantry who she doubles with Swordbreaker.

Turn 1 begins by placing Lilina in range of the green mage two tiles under the lance armor and with Azura below her. Knowing where the first set of reinforcements spawned let me place Meisterhardt to the left marker and Clair to the right marker. I figured Clair having effective damage against the bow knight would be safer than relying on brute force with Meisterhardt. The green mage explodes to Lilina, charges her special, and the enemies follow the mage downwards toward Azura and Lilina. The realization Lilina could ORKO the lance armor with Blazing Flame meant I could take out two pesky units at once; him and the sword infantry. Meisterhardt and Clair do their thing to the unfortunate red mage cavalry and bow knight.

The rest of the map was postioning to take out the spawning reinforcements like getting Lilina to a spot where she would able to attack the lance wyvern rider twice to TRKO her and getting everyone away from the blue cavalry mage except Clair to bait them. I don't remember who killed the axe infantry. He disintegrated to someone. Probably Lilina or Meisterhardt. The map ended with Clair no-selling the healer and Garon where Garon gets counter-killed and the healer is taken out on the following player phase.

Edited by Kaden

Inferior dark dragon detected.

Here's your obligatory reminder that Cancel Affinity exists! Grima slotting her regular B skill back in turned one of the most annoying units on the map into a joke, and stepping out of that godawful Panic Ploy allowed her to instagib the other annoying unit. There was nothing threatening to her after that, so most of the challenge in this map was in keeping the other units alive, requiring me to get creative with Special cooldown timings. Fortunately Veronica was there to handle buffs while Groom Marth was rampaging down right hallway, and through their combined efforts they plowed through all of the deadlier units. Bridal Ninian is still a great blue supplement to the team, having a Bladetome, being a Dancer and running Goad Fliers to make Grima even meaner.

Edited by Some Jerk

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Sending Cecilia to the left to shoot at the swordsman apparently was the key.

Using Tactic Drills lessons?

xD

Took me a while, but I managed to do it. And the key was the same, baiting the swordsman with a green unit, but in my case it was B!Ike

That’s it. I’m retarded when it comes to this GHB. 50+ tries later and nothing but constant failure. Nothing works. Not even Veronica support can save my pathetic rear. I’ll wait for some strats with Bride Cordelia or something later today and see where am I failing so much. 

5 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

That’s it. I’m retarded when it comes to this GHB. 50+ tries later and nothing but constant failure. Nothing works. Not even Veronica support can save my pathetic rear. I’ll wait for some strats with Bride Cordelia or something later today and see where am I failing so much. 

try this - ishtar can probably be replaced by Reinhardt - dunno about Elincia, though

Celica, Celica, Celica & Celica had little trouble with Garon: 

@Nanima @SatsumaFSoysoy @kirauza343

The new refinement is really bonkers, but not really needed for this clear. Good thing is all four of them are able to kill stuff. Not 100% content with the music yet, might change that later @Zeo & @mcsilas

Olivers team is running into more troubles, they don't kill fast enough. Don't want to replace Takumi again for Setsuna. Perhaps Garon will replace Stahl in the future, but that would destroy the Tactic theme (until F!Grima arrives). 

/Edit: I had to tweak Oliver (Reposition) and Walhart (Drag Back) a little, but I'm content with the result: 

Drag Back OP. 

Edited by mampfoid

45 minutes ago, Zora said:

try this - ishtar can probably be replaced by Reinhardt - dunno about Elincia, though

The closest thing to that Lilina that I have would be...Arvis. He can blow up the sword fighter if he has the Attack +3 seal. I have Ishtar as well. As for Summer Elincia, I’ll have to level her up or try again with goofy Xander. I tried with Inigo but that staff user is quite persistent. 

I think that Takumi'GHB was superior in terms of difficulty, but an ok GHB nevertheless. Only took 4 tries to finish this, the hardest part was taking off the sword user, only possible with the drive atk seal.

beat it after about 6 tries, used young tiki+1, ninian, legion+3, and genny, pain savage blow let tiki oneshot garron with aether easily on the final turn, also took tiki 2 turns to kill the cleric but it still went pretty well.

@mampfoid That Celica clear was majestic. It was really interesting watching your Vanilla Celica with the refinement follow some of the same steps mine did in terms of which enemies she killed. Your other clears were great as well!

I really like this level of difficulty for the GHBs: the reinforcements do provide a nice challenge that I sometimes miss from those without reinforcements like Jamke's, but the stat inflation isn't as ridiculous as Abyssal or even Infernal for the LHBs. I may or may not have forgotten that Garon wasn't an armor unit a few times though...

Celica's refine is sooooo much fun and I am so glad she was blessed with such a good one. A Dorcas (+spd -atk who pity broke me on my quest for Lewyn when I already have a Dorcas with a  good nature) died for this clear (the extra attack probably could've been achieved differently, but it's not like I was going to use that Dorcas for anything plus it could be a useful skill in the future).