Grand Hero Battle Breaks: Garon

SatsumaFSoysoy

I just had my entire reply eaten and saved over by the editor (I accidentally deleted it, clicked on redo, then went to submit and then it deleted the message permanently. WTF) . It's okay, it just took me an hour. I didn't need that free time anyway. orz...

Oh well, here I go again (albeit shortened):

On 22.9.2018 at 8:25 PM, mampfoid said:

F!Grima is another potential candidate for that team. I hope I'll get her finally on Friday. Don't think Oliver qualifies as final boss though, also not Walhart. 

I do wish you good luck on getting her this time around! It's kinda funny that most of the potential candidates for a final boss team (including those not yet in Heroes) would make it dragon emblem too. haha

Perhaps you'll get a fishy bow for him for the Brash Assault/Desperation combo. 

On 22.9.2018 at 2:22 PM, Nanima said:

Unless I somehow get another 11 Kinshikumis first, that is sadly not gonna happen.

Good luck getting all your stuff learned! 

Thanks!

@Zeo It's really amazing to see Matthew and Inigo waltz into the enemy lines without a hint of fear. A sharp contrast to me playing chicken with the enemy until there was literally no room to run. Genny holding on was amazing too. Your Morgan clear reminded me that I wanted to raise one of mine too, but there are just too many things for me to tackle right now. Also congrats on the interesting theme clear!

@mcsilas

Indeed they did! I am always happy to show that OG!Takumi can be used as more than just CC fodder. Sadly, I was too pressed up against the wall to have the opportunity to chip Garon to death with P!Takumi. haha they are the team I am using for FB, hence those particular accessories. Though considering the flailing P!Takumi does in his Conquest cutscene, I wouldn't trust him with a tea tray. Glad I was able to make Nyakumi shine this time!

Sadly, planning a Hinata merge project means Fury has not become a lot more rare for me, but also expensive.

Looking forward to your other clears. I was considering a Broshido one, but with how limited my time is right now, I don't think that will be possible.

Edited by Nanima

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mcsilas @Zeo I rechecked your clears with audio. 

The exorzist soundtrack was really bombastic and fitting for a final boss fight. Some parts became a little chaotic when mixed with the in-game sounds, for example around 1:00. 

I liked the first track in Matthews clear, it really builds up the tension when Garon is attacked. 

Overall I envy both of you, you take the time to make your videos much better. I usually make my clears when I can't edit and I'm too impatient to not immediately upload them. Also I would need to take a whole day to start to build up a track library of what I like. 

/Edit: @Nanima I've had the same bad luck with the editor in this topic. Annoying to lose half a book written to Cloudflare. 

Thanks, I have a feeling Grima will come fast this time! 

Perhaps we'll get regular Desperation or Brash Assault weapons in the future. 

Edited by mampfoid

pretty easy with Legendary!Ike, Levin, Sumer!takumi and some help of Axura. Just used Ike tanking for a bit while Takumi and Levyn did most of the kills. Garon was the only one left, but nothing Takumi can't get rip off

Edited by SniperGYS

@Zeo @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria @Nanima @Cute Chao @Usana @eclipse @NegativeExponents- @Ginko

Well a bit late but a few things happened so the uploads didn't happen until today. So have some more themed clears!

Firstly a Hoshido clear!

Team is +Def/-Spd Legendary Ryoma, +Res/-Def Summer Takumi, +Atk/-Res Hinoka and +Spd/-Atk +2 Azura Music is End of All (Sky) from Fire Emblem Fates.

AKA Azura giving Garon the ultimate discomfort by introducing the weapon triangle against his bad breath. Also S!Takumi's fully converted to the ocean's waves from Azura's song (he even has a Wave skill!) showing the power of letting go of negative feelings.

---

Next are some Nohr clears and it's pretty special because it debuts my other Silas with his shiny Berkut's Lance!

Team is +HP/-Spd Leo, +Atk/-HP Silas, +Atk/-Res Odin and +Def/-Spd PA Azura.

Music is Far Away (Deeds) from Fire Emblem Fates soundtrack 

So this one pretty much has my favourite male Conquest characters, so this was nice to use them all together. You don't see Leo much anymore, so it's nice that he had the perfect kit to start out the battle, even if he needed Triangle Adept 1 to do exact damage on some enemies. Still, can't complain about bladetome damage and showing the Gravity healer who the real master of Gravity is.....by err...ditching Byrnhildr..

So yeah between his red blade tome and Odin's Grimoire, they show you can still successfully bladetome even if the boss has Panic Ploy. Silas's tanking Garon was also impressive (I mean yeah he had summoner support but not bad for neutral Resistance!)

-----

Team is +Atk/-HP Silas, +HP/-Spd Leo, +Def/-Spd PA!Azura and +Spd/-Def Felicia. Music is Glory - Ruin (Deeds) from Fire Emblem Fates (Garon's boss battle map)

The other Nohr clear. Counterpart to my main account who had Flora, this one debut's Felicia and her plate. Adaptive damage is a beautiful effect.

This one also shows more impressive instances of Silas with Berkut's Lance, choking that left point like a bro. Had to use Axura to keep the blue mage busy for a few turns while my horsies ran around. Also 91 damage from Leo is super satisfying to see.

----

And lastly, here is a Fates kids clear.

Team is +Spd/-Def Siegbert, +Atk/-Def Shiro +1, +HP/-Def Rhajat and neutral male Kana

Music is Released Power from the Fairy Tail soundtrack.

Rhajat's Wolf tome is so satisfying to use. Siegbert solos the right side with the power of Galeforce, and Shiro tanks as usual, although Kana outshines with his mixed tank capabilities and bullying Grandpa Garon. Brazen Def/Res is a wonderful skill- although I finally resorted to using a proper Water Breath+ weapon just to deal more damage. Being locked by gravity in the left side was a bit frustrating but Swap fixes things in tight areas like these.

---

So yeah, sorry for the long combined length on these, but I hope you enjoy since I really had fun using Fates-themed teams for these. 

@Zeo Holy hell I'm extremely late to this guess this will be the standard now

Anyways, the first clear was full of extremely clutch moments like Genny tanking the archer or Matthew being on low health almost all the time. For me this GHB is evil because it's designed to counter Eirika 100% of the time but your team made it seem quite easy. Maybe when the re-run comes we'll get a new skill that will help me clear this thing.

The Morgan team really likes to live on edge (Amelia aside, she's very healthy most of the time). Pain+ with double Savage Blow is a really disgusting combination, but one that is soo fun to use. WoM spam also seems very fun, after all it lets you worry a lot less about positioning. I also hear the CT remix, cool stuff!

For the Nohr clear, it's interesting to see that the good ol' DC+Vantage combo is still very effective to this day. I still have mixed feelings about Odin but the video really shows that his refine has made him quite useful, if not powerful when fully buffed.

On 30.9.2018 at 8:05 AM, mcsilas said:

So yeah, sorry for the long combined length on these, but I hope you enjoy since I really had fun using Fates-themed teams for these. 

Also sorry for the (very) late reply, but yesterday had no free 20-minutes-slot for watching plus the commentary stuff. I didn't even try Tiki yesterday (but today at last). 

Congrats on all clears, I enjoy watching them (in the right moment of the day). 

Firstly a Hoshido clear!

Cool because there are some units I liked very much. Hinoka, Taktak and Ryoma (of whom I still miss both versions). This track is always beautiful. 

Don't know that backstory, but was Azura finishing Garon intentional? 

Next are some Nohr clears and it's pretty special because it debuts my other Silas with his shiny Berkut's Lance!

That lance looks great on Silas and he makes really good use of it, even if he initiates against Garon, he survives that big Dragon Fang regardless.

I don't know Fate's story, but Leo, Azura and Odin are not exactly Silas' pear group? Anyway a great combo, Odin is fun to watch and nice how you made Leo work (he even gets a 100% kill). Ironical how Leo gets Gravity'd (and doesn't care). 

Close call with Azura, strange that the Axe Cav would target her over Leo. 

The other Nohr clear.

Uh, do you build your units the same way in both accounts? Why not profit from some varity? 

Felicia is looking great ... but you didn't possibly kill an Oliver for her kit? 

This time Silas made better use of the new Lance tanking both the mage and Garon on EP. Getting all the important kills in the end, that's the true power of favs! 

And lastly, here is a Fates kids clear.

I like you run them with most of their vanilla skills and make it work. 

My favorite track of those four, very fitting for the dark-ish vibes of the map and boss. 

Also the clear shines with Galeforce (always a big plus) and some units I don't have (Rhajat) or at least not at 5* (Kana). Kana is really interesting to see, I never considered to promote him so far. 

@mampfoid thanks!

yeah Azura finishing Garon was intentional, mostly for the meme of how when she sings Garon groans in increasing discomfort. Well plus in the final map theme she sings the music so i went further and have her actually beat Garon herself. 

As fo the Nohr clear, Silas isn’t exactly in Leo’s group but he is from Nohr and joins you no matter what anyway so it still works.

for the Felicia clear it’s the same account as my other Nohr clear, just with Felicia instead of Odin. This account uses Berkut’s Lance Silas so if you see my main account’s Silas in the future, he will have Slaying Lance.

Actually i did Felicia first (mostly to go with how my very first clear in the main account used Flora) then tried the Odin clear. And yes i may have donated the power of beauty (and a Julius) to Felicia. 

Yeah i prefer using Kana since i’m not the biggest fan of Nowi. Well that and I never pulled a good-natured one.

6 hours ago, mcsilas said:

for the Felicia clear it’s the same account as my other Nohr clear, just with Felicia instead of Odin. This account uses Berkut’s Lance Silas so if you see my main account’s Silas in the future, he will have Slaying Lance.

Ah I misunderstood that. Thanks for the clarification. Looking forward to see your main Silas in action (again) as well. Do you have some crazy SI in mind? Too bad Cavs are somewhat restricted to learn premium skills. 

meme of how when she sings Garon groans in increasing discomfort.

I read something of that groan, but I didn't know Azura was the cause. 

And yes i may have donated the power of beauty (and a Julius) to Felicia. 

Well at least Felicia is worthy of his beauty. I prefer to pimp her speed though. 

Yeah i prefer using Kana since i’m not the biggest fan of Nowi. Well that and I never pulled a good-natured one.

Can relate to that. I used Nowi in her TTs and now only for killing swords in AA. Even if she is an armor unit, I'm glad I got Tiki for that reason. 

• 6 months later...

In response to the comment Raven put in the post on the main site:

EXCUSE ME, SIR. DO YOU HAVE TIME TO TALK ABOUT OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR, ANANKOS?

Fuck Anankos.

And fuck this map, Garon's nowhere near as threatening.

Askrtrio cleared with Genny. Alfonse nearly dies more than once, Genny proved clutch on offence and healing and I needed 2 of them to have drag back to save the run. Anna's Noatun refine once again was a necessity too, ignore the haters.

Garon cleared with M!Kana, Myrrh and F!Grima. F!Grima was a clutch damage dealer and M!Kana not 1-rounding Garon was all I needed for Garon to get it (After Myrrh 1-shot with Bonfire. That's just crazy)

Had Infernal to beat and did it with Beasts as per a request~

(The audio sounds a bit weird to me, kinda echo-y, IDK if that's the case for everyone. And I know I got a notification in here but I didn't want to re-record it, I was about to run to class. One final note, thanks to @LordFrigid for letting me know about the in-game sound and recording with it even if the volume on my phone is turned down. Big help!)

Not much needed here. Keaton did a bit too much work. Wished Panne did a bit more but I needed to switch her and Naesala's seals so she would be able to finish the Lance Dragon off on her turn and that makes her not get attacked at all. Drive Atk was needed on Naesala so Keaton could enemy Phase the Blue Mage Cav and kill Garon. Velouria just needed Dragon Fang to get rid of that Blue Fridge, she's the only one who can really weaken him down to be finished off.

@mampfoid @mcsilas

This one clear is like fine wine. Old, very old, but still good (I hope)

The original Niles + his warrior maidens. He doesn't even have his Special Spiral set yet. The Azuras don't have their blessings. Heck, I don't even have three Azuras now since the new merge update.

Right off the bat we have Niles take care of the Raven Cav. Which btw, didn't need Cancel Affinity to one round but he would have died immediately afterwards to bow cav thanks to his lower hp. His M.O. is the same as it is now although admittedly it was way more cumbersome to rely on his burst damage back then because stalling for turns wasn't easy.

One of the things I really wanted to do was have an Azura deal the finishing blow on Garon but Garon is sadly able to OHKO any of the Azuras with once his special is charged so Niles had to be the one to do it but at least I was able to set up a battle between the two.

Armors without DC are so hard to watch. They die such slow painful deaths. Not that I mind all too terribly since Niles can just merrily Iceberg away at them because of it.

------------------------

35 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Ahhh that was a neat clear ^_^

Keaton just wrecked like almost the whole map. Nice use of Velouria's weapon effect to weaken the armor. Even then, Naesala just barely got the kill on it.

@Landmaster Nice beast emblem! Keaton could've solo the map by himself but he decided to be nice and give everyone their moments to shine. The closest moment was when Panne tanked that Bonfire but she pulled through. 

- - - - 

Here it is, that revenge I've been wanting to have since that time I couldn't clear this map due to how unforgiving those reinforcements are when it comes to solos. But it's over and now I don't have to see this ugly map ever again.

9 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

The original Niles + his warrior maidens. He doesn't even have his Special Spiral set yet. The Azuras don't have their blessings. Heck, I don't even have three Azuras now since the new merge update.

Oh, you merged your Azuras? Makes sense, she doesn't have good fodder. 

9 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

One of the things I really wanted to do was have an Azura deal the finishing blow on Garon but Garon is sadly able to OHKO any of the Azuras with once his special is charged so Niles had to be the one to do it but at least I was able to set up a battle between the two.

Yeah, his Dragon Fang is hard to stomach, recognized that doing the Infantry mission. A damage special would have helped.

Overall not the typical Archer + Dancer clear, the Azuras still do a lot of fighting. The blue fridge needed some more hit & and in the end. Old, but still fresh - congrats! 

10 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Another Keaton rampage! Not even Pokemon Go could save Garon! Congrats! 

2 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Here it is, that revenge I've been wanting to have since that time I couldn't clear this map due to how unforgiving those reinforcements are when it comes to solos. But it's over and now I don't have to see this ugly map ever again.

See this map next week in GHB elite 3 quests. 

A new sword? One turn solo? You have my attention! 

Wow, that's the prove that Eirikia doesn't depend only on Sieglinde. Great clear, congrats! 

On 4/4/2019 at 1:33 AM, Alexmender said:

Wasn't expecting a one-turn, great work! Taking 0 damage from Garon had to be hugely satisfying! 

On 4/3/2019 at 6:22 PM, NegativeExponents- said:

This one clear is like fine wine. Old, very old, but still good (I hope)

Right off the bat we have Niles take care of the Raven Cav. Which btw, didn't need Cancel Affinity to one round but he would have died immediately afterwards to bow cav thanks to his lower hp. His M.O. is the same as it is now although admittedly it was way more cumbersome to rely on his burst damage back then because stalling for turns wasn't easy.

Armors without DC are so hard to watch. They die such slow painful deaths. Not that I mind all too terribly since Niles can just merrily Iceberg away at them because of it.

Nice Niles solo! (I like how most of the translated Special quotes aren't the same at all). It was nice that the Azura Harem got to contribute a bit even if they couldn't deal with Garon (I couldn't kill him with Naesala like I wanted either). That tanky armor was super annoying but you pulled through, really nice!

Since the Takumis already did this last go around, it's time to let the other teams shine! (after this I will reply to all the new clears again, I swear)

@mampfoid @Landmaster @mcsilas @Sasori @Robert of Normandy @Azuris @ruruo @kirauza343 @daisy jane

Here come the Princesses!

Music: Patchwork Chimera - from Umineko

I remember doing this with the Takus way back when. It seemed so overwhelmingly difficult at the time, but this run was rather tame. The Sakuras didn’t have too many problems with taking down the enemies here. Sakunyan had to be healed from time to time, so she could continue tanking mages, but didn’t have too much trouble overall. Senkura also took out a lot of enemies on her own. CC didn’t really work for this battle and I had to find a way to effectively take out the armour, so that’s where the breaker came in. Of course, Kinoka helped a lot and OG!Sakura didn’t have any issues at all, simply slaughtering her way through the enemy ranks. Sakunyan deleted mages and then took out Garon at the end, which was funny to see. Very fun clear overall.

And here are the stars!

Music: Tesham mutna - Witcher 3: Blood and Wine (yes, the themes this time around are darker. I am exploiting going up against an actual villain)

Tbh I didn't expect my stars to be able to do this, mismatched as they are. But I guess same goes for my Takus and Princesses, so I should put more faith in them. haha It starts out similarly to the last one, but then quickly diverges. S!Takumi may be mvp, but everyone ends up being important in some way. Reyson gets to kill something again and one of them isn't even blue. Sakura takes out most mages and Garon, yet again, to complete the humiliation. Maribelle heals and kills at the shifting of the winds. Very fun overall. 

Hope you enjoyed!

@mampfoid

@Landmaster I believe your beasts (and Keaton especially) completely trampled this map. Only the blue general posed a bit of a threat. Hearing Giratina news was probably the biggest surprise though. 

@Nanima. Its been a while since i've seen those two teams. Sakura is probably one of the least likely characters to take down big scary Garon so it was funny to see her do so twice.

Meanwhile the Royboys cleared this without too much trouble. I believe my biggest problem was slowing Brave Roy down a little so he did't one shot stuff.

Edited by Sasori

23 hours ago, Sasori said:

Its been a while since i've seen those two teams. Sakura is probably one of the least likely characters to take down big scary Garon so it was funny to see her do so twice.

Yeah Sakunyan doesn't usually have the firepower to take out anything but mages with her paddle, but she did manage this time with some help. :)

23 hours ago, Sasori said:

Meanwhile the Royboys cleared this without too much trouble.

Wow Roy emblem is powerful, if somewhat handicapped in colour spread. It helps that our boy hasn't had a single bad alt to this day, so they made this look like child's play. OG!Roy blasting things with Ignis was great, especially against that blue can. L!Roy had some close calls but held out against all the enemies looking to fry him. LA!Roy helped with the colour balance, while Brave Roy impressed with his Galeforce spree. Good job!

On 4/5/2019 at 12:41 PM, Nanima said:

Since the Takumis already did this last go around, it's time to let the other teams shine! (after this I will reply to all the new clears again, I swear)

Here come the Princesses!

Music: Patchwork Chimera - from Umineko

I remember doing this with the Takus way back when. It seemed so overwhelmingly difficult at the time, but this run was rather tame. The Sakuras didn’t have too many problems with taking down the enemies here. Sakunyan had to be healed from time to time, so she could continue tanking mages, but didn’t have too much trouble overall. Senkura also took out a lot of enemies on her own. CC didn’t really work for this battle and I had to find a way to effectively take out the armour, so that’s where the breaker came in. Of course, Kinoka helped a lot and OG!Sakura didn’t have any issues at all, simply slaughtering her way through the enemy ranks. Sakunyan deleted mages and then took out Garon at the end, which was funny to see. Very fun clear overall.

And here are the stars!

Music: Tesham mutna - Witcher 3: Blood and Wine (yes, the themes this time around are darker. I am exploiting going up against an actual villain)

Tbh I didn't expect my stars to be able to do this, mismatched as they are. But I guess same goes for my Takus and Princesses, so I should put more faith in them. haha It starts out similarly to the last one, but then quickly diverges. S!Takumi may be mvp, but everyone ends up being important in some way. Reyson gets to kill something again and one of them isn't even blue. Sakura takes out most mages and Garon, yet again, to complete the humiliation. Maribelle heals and kills at the shifting of the winds. Very fun overall. 

Hope you enjoyed!

Princesses are baaack! Sakunyan just barely lives that pesky Raventome and comes back with a huge kill. Good thing about Sakura Emblem is as long as she survives, she can always get healed back. OG Sakura easily one shots everything so Sakunyan can focus on the mages while Senkura spreads the pain to make the job easier and Kinoka gets rid of the annoying Cavs. Bet Garon is wishing he never invaded Hoshido after this, great work!

The All Stars didn’t suffer much trouble either. The enemy may have tried to back you in a corner but they could never live long enough to make their efforts effective. Takumi and Maribelle are the snipers this time and they keep the amount of foes to a minimum. Sakura freezing Garon to death was really funny. And with perfect damage, Reyson deals the finisher, awesome teamwork!

On 4/5/2019 at 3:49 PM, Sasori said:

@Landmaster I believe your beasts (and Keaton especially) completely trampled this map. Only the blue general posed a bit of a threat. Hearing Giratina news was probably the biggest surprise though. 

Even Giratina couldn’t save Garon from Keaton~

The Boysss!!!  Brave Roy ran house at the bottom of the map. OG!Roy and L!Roy take the top without trouble. They do a good job of playing around that armor. Vantage Dragon Fang was super nice! Took a bit of bullying to finally get rid of the fridge, funny that a Red Roy was the one to end him.

I need to not read a post and then think “ah, I’ll remember to reply later”.

@Landmaster nice clear, there! Keaton doing Keaton things, I see, and it’s always good to see Naesala. Velouria is totally the type to think a Lance Armor is tasty.

I’m glad to hear that the recording volume thing helped!

~

No special clear from me, but I did manage to improve my not-clear from last time.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Yes, I retried for that cut-in line.

Now I just need to spend 400 dew on 2x Yato refinement so I can pump it up to over 500.

Edited by LordFrigid

@Nanima Sakunya sure had a jolly good time deleting mages there. Healing is no problem when you have two healers in your team, so everything seemed to go smoothly. Bathkura also shone in the clear as well, nice use of positioning skills here.

Nice use of the walls in the star team clear. Reyson also did a good job in his battles. Funny how the healer was one of the last units to fall in this clear, since usually the healers are the ones that need to be taken out quickly. I should really upgrade my Reyson, even if he is -Atk (who knows when the next Reyson will be?). Still jealous i don't have a Firesweep Bow, too, so always nice to see your safe attacks.

@Alexmender Wow, 1 turn clear? Impressive compared to when you had trouble with it, no need to fear Panic Ploy and such. Will you ever give Eirika Bonus Double or something on a map with mostly melee units if you get a L!Roy?

@NegativeExponents- Nice Niles solo, poor tin can took a while for its misery to end. The beauty of being a ranged unit is you don't care if you're 1 HP if the enemies can't hit you. I'm sure between the Azuras and Niles's colourful language, Garon will be rolling in discomfort after that ordeal.

@Landmaster Beasts vs Blight dragon! Wow you really make me regret not trying hard enough for the Fates beasts (no demotes still makes me salty). I love how Velouria mentions "Dust Bunny" and hse moves next to the actual bunny Panne. Giratina was really an alternate Garon

---

@Azuris @mampfoid @daisy jane @SatsumaFSoysoy @Ginko

So I always seem to have most of my ideas during Fates maps. 

Firstly, is an almost Tribe Emblem clear. AKA Azura unites the Fates Tribes against Garon,

Team is +Spd +2 Azura, +Spd/-HP Flora, +Atk/-Def Felicia and +HP/-Def Rhajat

Music is No Justice from Fire Emblem Fates

-Rinkah when, IS? Really want the Flame Tribe member to join the Ice tribe's Felicia and Flora and the Wind Tribe's Rhajat. I'll take Fuga from the Wind Tribe, too but Rinkah is more requested.

-Can't have a Garon clear without groans of increasing discomfort  Azura, and regular Azura perfectly counters Garon here, even shrugging off his special thanks to Sapphire Lance.

-Rhajat's magic talents are really handy when your other teammates use daggers. That said, she need to stack Spd (Darting Blow + Azura's Drive Spd) to double the lance flier, but overall, she just wrecked things thanks to Darting Blow.

-It's Felicia's debut in my main account, and while she still needed at least Fury 1 to deal with one of her early targets, I don't regret going +Atk instead of +Spd for this account. Desperation is a perfect fit for her in dealing as much damage while minimising damage. Her sister Flora takes a back seat in this clear, dealing with the 2 green units and supporting with ploys, but her colour still helped me out in this map.

-----

Secondly, this was about @Landmaster's musings about how Young Azura can be a great offensive dancer. And so I thought, why not give Young Azura a chance to take revenge on Garon for her bad childhood? And so here it is, with my Water Emblem clear:

Team is neutral Young Azura, neutral Male Kana, +Atk/-Def Adrift Male Corrin and +Spd/-Atk Adrift Female Corrin.

Music is Destiny by Blood from Fire Emblem Fates

-Y!Azura is really one of the funnest dancers to use because of her weapon and synergy with WoM. Really satisfying to finish the map with her. Funny how she is accompanied by water dragons for the theme.

-Adrift Corrins are crazy, even with bad banes. Also helps they have Hone/Fortify Dragons, and female Corrin really needed those buffs plus Atk+3 to KO the archer straight away.

-M!Kana continues to show his tankiness, with both Water Breath and his Brazen. Gaining access to dragon buffs also really help.

19 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Princesses are baaack! Sakunyan just barely lives that pesky Raventome and comes back with a huge kill. Good thing about Sakura Emblem is as long as she survives, she can always get healed back. OG Sakura easily one shots everything so Sakunyan can focus on the mages while Senkura spreads the pain to make the job easier and Kinoka gets rid of the annoying Cavs. Bet Garon is wishing he never invaded Hoshido after this, great work!

The All Stars didn’t suffer much trouble either. The enemy may have tried to back you in a corner but they could never live long enough to make their efforts effective. Takumi and Maribelle are the snipers this time and they keep the amount of foes to a minimum. Sakura freezing Garon to death was really funny. And with perfect damage, Reyson deals the finisher, awesome teamwork!

Yeah, having two healers may cause problems with positioning at times, but the healing can be a real boon. Garon probably didn't expect to get owned by a bunch of identitical, dainty looking princesses and their very protective older sister.

I am glad tohave managed to delete the enemies faster than they were approaching. It still got a bit tight towards the end, but nothing that couldn't be handled by the troupe. Sakunyan freezing Garon is indeed one of my favourite hightlights so far.

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Sakunya sure had a jolly good time deleting mages there. Healing is no problem when you have two healers in your team, so everything seemed to go smoothly. Bathkura also shone in the clear as well, nice use of positioning skills here.

Nice use of the walls in the star team clear. Reyson also did a good job in his battles. Funny how the healer was one of the last units to fall in this clear, since usually the healers are the ones that need to be taken out quickly. I should really upgrade my Reyson, even if he is -Atk (who knows when the next Reyson will be?). Still jealous i don't have a Firesweep Bow, too, so always nice to see your safe attacks.

It's a bit tough working only with two people who can position at all, but very rewarding to pull off successfully.

Yeah, the healer was lagging behind and I was too focused with getting the others out of the way, so she was one of the last to go here. I am sure Reyson will still be very useful even as -Atk. Dancers are always great at doing their thing. Yeah, the Firesweep Bow was truly a gift from the heavens. Sad to say that people will now be having a harder time of getting that to appear.

Firstly, is an almost Tribe Emblem clear. AKA Azura unites the Fates Tribes against Garon,

Agreed on the need for Rinkah. Your team really punched their way through the enemy lines while making perfect use of the cover. It was great seeing Azura take out Garon with her special and Felicia getting rid of the Lance armor was also a neat surprise. Almost like my Sakunyan.

And so here it is, with my Water Emblem clear:

What a wonderful team. Little Azura really deserved this chance at getting back at this guy. What a great team to support her too. It seemed easy to just place them where they were needed the most and watch the sparks fly. Azura getting the kill that the end was even more impressive. Girl must feel pretty good about it. haha  

@Nanima

Oh, it's Sakura time again! The beginning looked grim, poor Halloween Sakura nearly died and then you got completely surrounded. But you can do so much with your healers that you broke out of it immediately and then only had all of them in front of you. And even though there were still a lot you outmaneuvered them and emerged victorious. Well done!

The beginning feels familiar, poor Sakura. But one of the Takumis has his comeback as well now and immediately gets things done, as does everyone else. Even Reyson took care of that cav all on his own. Nice teamwork and nice clear. Good to hear you had fun doing the clear, as did I watching it. Thank you for the fun clears and well done!

@mcsilas

Nice tribe theme and I'm always for throwing Azura into teams. Good job kiting the enemies around the walls and I liked the warping Azura to take care of Garon. Well done!

Water theme cool as well, means more Azura. A lot more enemy phase power this time, but poor Kana took a beating. More warping Azura and she took care of the boss again so yay. Nice clear, good job!

I seem to have run into a glitch while trying the infantry quest using this video. I know it is one because it doesn't occur in this video and yet it does in my game despite that I did the exact same moves with the same team and almost no difference in the AI movement.

At the part where Ike is supposed to take a hit from the blue mage horse, instead of one-rounding him like in the video, my Ike suddenly just takes a random 10 HP of damage after I healed him up with Donnel's Reciporical Aid and then the blue mage horse goes in and kills him. Ike doesn't take any damage in the video before the horse mage attacks, so wtf?

It isn't Savage Blow or Poison Strike, those skills only activate after the user has attacked, not before. No AoE skill activated either, I would have seen that. And I don't believe there are any other skills in the game that inflict pre-attack damage except for one of Surtr's and obviously he isn't on this map. So why is this glitch happening? And what can I do to complete this infantry quest? I have yet to find my own way to use an infantry team. Only my horse team has been able to clear this on lunatic (and surprisingly easily, as I usually have trouble on maps with reinforcements).

I don't give a shit about Garon, I just want the orbs. xP

EDIT: I actually found a way around it and was able to win the map with the video's team. The only thing was that I couldn't kill the enemy Garon with my Garon, so I'll have to try Arena hunting for that, I guess...when it opens again tomorrow. xP

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

...almost no difference in the AI movement.

Who moved differently? Was it Garon? Breath of Blight’s description is:

“Neutralizes "effective against dragons" bonuses. At the start of turn 4, deals 10 damage to foes within 3 spaces, and restores HP to unit = number of foes within 3 spaces × 5. If foe's Range = 2, calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res.”

So if Garon was, say, one space to the right, Ike would have been in range at the start of the Turn 4 EP. Ike would then have taken 10 damage from the Breath of Blight effect at the start of the EP.

In the linked video, Ike is safely outside of the three-space radius.