Grand Hero Battle Breaks: Garon

SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

Who moved differently? Was it Garon? Breath of Blight’s description is:

“Neutralizes "effective against dragons" bonuses. At the start of turn 4, deals 10 damage to foes within 3 spaces, and restores HP to unit = number of foes within 3 spaces × 5. If foe's Range = 2, calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res.”

So if Garon was, say, one space to the right, Ike would have been in range at the start of the Turn 4 EP. Ike would then have taken 10 damage from the Breath of Blight effect at the start of the EP.

In the linked video, Ike is safely outside of the three-space radius.

Oh, I see. I did belatedly notice that weapon description. I though I'd already checked it for some reason. Thanks.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/7/2019 at 7:51 AM, mcsilas said:

@Landmaster Beasts vs Blight dragon! Wow you really make me regret not trying hard enough for the Fates beasts (no demotes still makes me salty). I love how Velouria mentions "Dust Bunny" and hse moves next to the actual bunny Panne. Giratina was really an alternate Garon

---

So I always seem to have most of my ideas during Fates maps. 

Firstly, is an almost Tribe Emblem clear. AKA Azura unites the Fates Tribes against Garon,

Team is +Spd +2 Azura, +Spd/-HP Flora, +Atk/-Def Felicia and +HP/-Def Rhajat

Music is No Justice from Fire Emblem Fates

-Rinkah when, IS? Really want the Flame Tribe member to join the Ice tribe's Felicia and Flora and the Wind Tribe's Rhajat. I'll take Fuga from the Wind Tribe, too but Rinkah is more requested.

-Can't have a Garon clear without groans of increasing discomfort  Azura, and regular Azura perfectly counters Garon here, even shrugging off his special thanks to Sapphire Lance.

-Rhajat's magic talents are really handy when your other teammates use daggers. That said, she need to stack Spd (Darting Blow + Azura's Drive Spd) to double the lance flier, but overall, she just wrecked things thanks to Darting Blow.

-It's Felicia's debut in my main account, and while she still needed at least Fury 1 to deal with one of her early targets, I don't regret going +Atk instead of +Spd for this account. Desperation is a perfect fit for her in dealing as much damage while minimising damage. Her sister Flora takes a back seat in this clear, dealing with the 2 green units and supporting with ploys, but her colour still helped me out in this map.

-----

Secondly, this was about @Landmaster's musings about how Young Azura can be a great offensive dancer. And so I thought, why not give Young Azura a chance to take revenge on Garon for her bad childhood? And so here it is, with my Water Emblem clear:

Team is neutral Young Azura, neutral Male Kana, +Atk/-Def Adrift Male Corrin and +Spd/-Atk Adrift Female Corrin.

Music is Destiny by Blood from Fire Emblem Fates

-Y!Azura is really one of the funnest dancers to use because of her weapon and synergy with WoM. Really satisfying to finish the map with her. Funny how she is accompanied by water dragons for the theme.

-Adrift Corrins are crazy, even with bad banes. Also helps they have Hone/Fortify Dragons, and female Corrin really needed those buffs plus Atk+3 to KO the archer straight away.

-M!Kana continues to show his tankiness, with both Water Breath and his Brazen. Gaining access to dragon buffs also really help.

I'm so sorry I took so long to reply, been a bit busy with an essay and I didn't realize this was so many days ago ahuishiudd~ I actually watched them already and meant to comment before, but here I ammm~~

So Tribe Team come to take Garon head on. Rhajat takes a huge hit right away. Nice to see OG!Azura be used offensively. Flora is off devastating the left side on her own and Felicia does well keeping Rhajat safe. You did well playing around those walls to keep your units protected behind the walls. It was great that Azura got the kill on Garon and Felicia got the final kill. Great job!

Baby Azura's Revenge is a very cool theme~ Felt like Corrins were protecting their little sister (or cousin in this case, I guess). Azura's such a great offensive dancer and you showcased that really well even when retreating~ M!Kana's also the little tank we know him to be. I love how you netted Azura as many kills as possible, including defeating Garon himself. Great, this is one of my favorite of your themes!

Late, but since I finally got another Cordelia today I was able to give a third member of the beasts team Galeforce: Selkie! And with that I was finally able to clear Garon Infernal:

Big thanks to @mampfoidand @Alkaidfor helping me turn Selkie into the best Galeforcer! :D

17 hours ago, Mau said:

Late, but since I finally got another Cordelia today I was able to give a third member of the beasts team Galeforce: Selkie! And with that I was finally able to clear Garon Infernal:

Congrats! Best way to clear an annoying map. 

Nice positioning, I see you found a away around the lance Flier in the end. Getting everybody to the lower part helped and Miracle on Reyson (to avoid that nasty Bonfire) was a great idea. 

Epic Selkie doesn't take a scratch from Garon's Dragon Fang. It really payed off to give her GF, her cav movement helps to get out of trouble. 

Btw: Keaton didn't need QP here. If you have a long clear with many turns, QP blocks an important seal because it's effect works only on turn 1. 

17 hours ago, Mau said:

Big thanks to @mampfoidand @Alkaidfor helping me turn Selkie into the best Galeforcer! :D

You're welcome! A great project you have in those fluffies! 

Late, but hopefully not too late. 

(can't edit my previous post anymore, sorry for the double post)

On 5.4.2019 at 6:41 PM, Nanima said:

Here come the Princesses!

A close survival directly at the start, nice way to begin the comeback of your princesses. 

Cool how often you could Reposition someone to safety with kitty Sakura and let her tank/kill a mage on EP. 

Even if Garon was the last man standing, he couldn't resist for long. Congrats! 

On 5.4.2019 at 6:41 PM, Nanima said:

And here are the stars!

Against all odds? Same opener as in the princesses clear, but then the hell breaks loose. 

Garon get's eaten by a fat kitty Glacies (fat Glacies, not fat kitty), Reyson takes out the fridge in the end. Shiny stars they are. 

On 5.4.2019 at 9:49 PM, Sasori said:

Meanwhile the Royboys cleared this without too much trouble. I believe my biggest problem was slowing Brave Roy down a little so he did't one shot stuff.

Haha, I know that problem with BH!Roy. He needs the hits to proc GF, but you managed to let him clean the lower part of the map. 

OG Roy procs an impressive Ignis (Garon and blue fridge had to witness this) and Leg Roy seems to be worth to pull for. 

Congrats! 

On 7.4.2019 at 4:58 AM, LordFrigid said:

Yes, I retried for that cut-in line.

Lol, I only saw that now. Go for the 500! 

On 7.4.2019 at 1:51 PM, mcsilas said:

So I always seem to have most of my ideas during Fates maps. 

Did you play fates yourself (I guess so, if your fav is from that game)? If it's so inspiring, then I should try it myself. 

While Azura didn't have any problems with Garon, Kana leaves the final clear to little Azura. Nice! 

@mampfoid Yeah I played Fates, although the inspiring part is mostly because I know the characters enough to make multiple themes (or Fates having a good amount of characters (maybe too much?) to make teams out of).

I enjoyed Fates gameplay, and it makes you think especially since enemies can also Pair Up against you, and Personal Skills were a great feature that made each character unique. Story is not the strongest but Conquest is one of the most engaging 3DS FE games because of its varied missions and gameplay (other games are usually route/defeat everyone, while Conquest has a certain famous defense map to provide challenges)

@Landmaster No worries! Hope you're essay turns out well

@mcsilas Nice themes! 

I liked how you made OG!Azura seem perfectly like her Fates incarnation (as in dealing huge amounts of damage for a dancer), the maid twins really did a lot to help here even if Felicia's healing involved trading her Hp for it, it almost seemed like a mini Sacrifice. Rhajat with the horse killing and chipping really helped to take down the bulkier foes. All in all, a great clear as always!

For the dream world team, those Corrins really are something else with their bulk and power, goes to show that Gen 3 units are no joke. M!Kana makes for a wonderful tank as you showed, and last but not least, A!Azura is a beast of a unit under ideal conditions, I've been saving grails (and a Helbindi) to +10 her due to her combo of being a great unit and also very cute. It was nice seeing her wreck havoc against Gooron. 

And about Bonus Doubler, I've thought about it and decided that it isn't really worth it in the end. Legendary banners are quite rough for me even when I don't snipe for anything so getting L!Roy seems like a pipe dream, and I think a +Atk boon and Kaden with double Drive Atk should be enough to deal with anything this game throws (unless IS decides to make the 99 lancer a real deal) at her. If I get a stray Roy someday I'll give it to her for the +24 meme.

• 4 months later...

So I have been playing a bit around with my free pick Brave Micaiah.
She gives the Askartrio the same jump in potency as Veronica did on her release.
No I did not replace Anna forever, just for reclearing some GHBs and showing the potential of her kit.

In that Regard: Garon Infernal vs Alfonse, Sharena, Veronica & BMicaiah, no Skill Inheritance no Seals used.

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @Ginko @SatsumaFSoysoy @Nanima @Landmaster @NegativeExponents- @Hilda @silverserpent @LordFrigid

Another blast from the past. Serra strolls through another old battle from Matthew's past. This time it's Garon. What I like about these retrospective maps is that it allows me to use music in a different way than before. Rather than an immediate battle, I feel like Serra's clears themes reflect more of a retrospective or revisiting of an old conflict. Even to the extent that the feel can be ethereal, but at the very least chill in most cases. Less directly epic, but still meaningful if that makes sense.

This one was interesting to me because Dull Ranged completely negates Serra and Fae has WTD against Garon. In the end it didn't make a difference though. Enjoy.

@Zeo Gray Waves movement buffs always takes me by surprise, so I was astonished how Fae suddenly moved up to pretty much where Garon's throne is and confront him face to face- disadvantage be damned. She sure took a hit from his special later, but it always astounds me how bulky Fae can be. Also really impressed with Serra holding the centre area by herself later on! And yeah I agree, it's nice for you to explore different music options like these, not always having adrenalin-charged tracks all the time.

@mampfoid @Landmaster @daisy jane @Alexmender @Ginko @NegativeExponents- @Nanima and @DLNarshen for more Julius action

So since this Garon was based on the Birthright route, I thought it'd be fitting to do a Hoshidan clear, but with a slight twist- that being some units are Hoshidan-based but not normally accessible in Birthright. Here is Shiro, his father- and somehow, a dream version of his grandmother and an alternate version of what's left of his uncle.

Team is +Def +1 Shiro, +Spd/-Res Ryoma, +Atk/-Def Adrift Mikoto and neutral Fallen Takumi

Music is Iki from Samurai Shodown 2019

- Well, F!Takumi, you get your wish of being with your family. Mikoto is their to heal her furious children when needed, especially with that Fury damage. The map was all about keeping reinforcement threats in mind, as for example, the red mage with Bowbreaker would delete Takumi if unprepared. 

- Father and son make quite the duo, Ryoma had to keep on the offensive, deleting mages in close quarters before they could even pose a threat while Shiro does wall things. Ranged support from Takumi and Mikoto also prevents the annoying Vantage/Wrath enemies taking the melee fighters by surprise.

----

And a bonus one, here is a Final Boss Emblem!

Team is +Spd/-HP Male Grima, +Atk +1 Female Grima, +Res/-HP Duma and neutral Julius

Music is Ghetsis Theme from Pokemon Black and White

- That's a lot of dragons. Ironically the non-dragon Julius was a real surprise MVP here, his massive Res with QR allows him to tank mages like nothing and hit back hard with a frosty dark dragon attack. Being ranged also helps support his teammates since they can only attack melee (and two are armours!). He did nead Steady Blow though for some more oomph (since he hs no IVs) and was mostly important in Turn 1 when I needed to delete the Fury sword unit on the left ASAP (thank goodness for Fury recoil), and the new seal was perfect since I only needed a few more HP damage. Also his voice lines are really satisfying to hear.

-A lot of bosses are armour dragons huh? Even Idunn which I don't have. Since I'm used to enemy phase playstyle with armours, it was just a matter of using Swap (and Reposition/Guidance) chains to ferry units across the map to tank hits that they could take (see the male Grima swap chain to protect Julius). F!Grima was mostly a movement bot but did get more action near the end.

-Once again male Grima has been really impressing me with his tankiness. Even with a Spd asset he is still susceptible to double attacks so his partner in crime Duma comes in to Swap places or even delete things in player phase with Bold Fighter.

9 hours ago, mcsilas said:

-That's a lot of dragons. Ironically the non-dragon Julius was a real surprise MVP here, his massive Res with QR allows him to tank mages like nothing and hit back hard with a frosty dark dragon attack. 

I mean, he might as well be a dragon with his tome.  He just...doesn't get any of the benefits of being one.  ha...haha...

Also his voice lines are really satisfying to hear.

Griffin Burns' voice performance is easily among the best in the game imo.  Making an edgy, arrogant teen character sound threatening/scary is tough to do, but he pulls it off very well.

-A lot of bosses are armour dragons huh? Even Idunn which I don't have. Since I'm used to enemy phase playstyle with armours, it was just a matter of using Swap (and Reposition/Guidance) chains to ferry units across the map to tank hits that they could take (see the male Grima swap chain to protect Julius). F!Grima was mostly a movement bot but did get more action near the end.

This is what I always like about your clears -- there's always some clever movement shenanigans that get your units to where they need to be very quickly.  Julius struggles without a lot of investment, but you made sure he only had to deal with the foes that his statline was designed to deal with.  F!Grima may have been just a movement bot for much of the map, but Duma and M!Grima would have faced a lot more difficulty without her Guidance. 

14 hours ago, Zeo said:

This one was interesting to me because Dull Ranged completely negates Serra and Fae has WTD against Garon. In the end it didn't make a difference though. Enjoy.

That's one original opening with a bold Fae. Same boldness by Serra near the end when she takes the middle position, great!

14 hours ago, mcsilas said:

So since this Garon was based on the Birthright route, I thought it'd be fitting to do a Hoshidan clear, but with a slight twist- that being some units are Hoshidan-based but not normally accessible in Birthright. Here is Shiro, his father- and somehow, a dream version of his grandmother and an alternate version of what's left of his uncle.

Skadi trolling against Garon never gets old, nice invasion of the Nohrian throne. Shiro gets the final boss kill, but also his father (never got him) does some decent work here. 

14 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Evil Lords, assemble! Duma shows his strength to the other badass dragon in the game. This is certainly a cool n theme. 

On 8/24/2019 at 10:28 PM, Zeo said:

Another blast from the past. Serra strolls through another old battle from Matthew's past. This time it's Garon. What I like about these retrospective maps is that it allows me to use music in a different way than before. Rather than an immediate battle, I feel like Serra's clears themes reflect more of a retrospective or revisiting of an old conflict. Even to the extent that the feel can be ethereal, but at the very least chill in most cases. Less directly epic, but still meaningful if that makes sense.

Sending Fae right up in Garon’s territory was brave. But she’s clearly not scared of anyone with that kind of power. I wasn’t expecting Serra to be coming out with that much strength, and I certainly didn’t expect her to so easily take on that bottom right on her own. She’s starting to remind me of Nanima’s Sakura with that offense power.

On 8/24/2019 at 11:08 PM, mcsilas said:

Team is +Def +1 Shiro, +Spd/-Res Ryoma, +Atk/-Def Adrift Mikoto and neutral Fallen Takumi

Music is Iki from Samurai Shodown 2019

- Well, F!Takumi, you get your wish of being with your family. Mikoto is their to heal her furious children when needed, especially with that Fury damage. The map was all about keeping reinforcement threats in mind, as for example, the red mage with Bowbreaker would delete Takumi if unprepared. 

- Father and son make quite the duo, Ryoma had to keep on the offensive, deleting mages in close quarters before they could even pose a threat while Shiro does wall things. Ranged support from Takumi and Mikoto also prevents the annoying Vantage/Wrath enemies taking the melee fighters by surprise.

----

Team is +Spd/-HP Male Grima, +Atk +1 Female Grima, +Res/-HP Duma and neutral Julius

Music is Ghetsis Theme from Pokemon Black and White

- That's a lot of dragons. Ironically the non-dragon Julius was a real surprise MVP here, his massive Res with QR allows him to tank mages like nothing and hit back hard with a frosty dark dragon attack. Being ranged also helps support his teammates since they can only attack melee (and two are armours!). He did nead Steady Blow though for some more oomph (since he hs no IVs) and was mostly important in Turn 1 when I needed to delete the Fury sword unit on the left ASAP (thank goodness for Fury recoil), and the new seal was perfect since I only needed a few more HP damage. Also his voice lines are really satisfying to hear.

-Once again male Grima has been really impressing me with his tankiness. Even with a Spd asset he is still susceptible to double attacks so his partner in crime Duma comes in to Swap places or even delete things in player phase with Bold Fighter.

So the Hoshidians are here to curbstomp Garon. Shiro’s not one we usually see outspending anyone. Vantage OG!Ryoma, really throwback build. It was a good watch how well positioning worked out for them. Mikoto’s Flashcame in quite handy against the Blue Fridge and Shiro cleans up easily~

Edgelord Evil Emblem was a interesting team. The Swap Repo womb combo to get M!Grima from one side to the other was great. And then the Guidance shenanigans after, this was a fun map for some movement tricks~ Duma ended up being the better final boss dragon today~ M!Grima tanking the Wo Gun Cav was a bit scary, but everything worked out to clear those last few enemies~

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...