Favorite OST from the series?

ezpzxd

57 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

RD has the best OST imo.

Overall I would maybe say Echoes as well tied but Radiant Dawn does have so many good themes.

As for my favorite track, tough choice. But I'd narrow it down between Rise to the Challenge (moreso for the remixes of it being so good and it just being awesome), Tearing Shadows (moreso me viewing it as Katarinas theme and how sad her life was, plus the orchestral version played at the concert is god tier), id Hope being what purpose should have been and in my opinion describes most of awakening through a single piece of music, Twilight of the Gods (Honestly one of the best final map themes and I feel like it near perfectly could be used to show the entirity of echoes ost), and Heritors of Arcadia (for providing a leagcy sort of way for the entirity of echoes lore, given it's sang by Silques VA so I and several others think of it as a song she wrote after the war about Mila)

As for an unnofficial track, More Than Just Comrades, it is such a nice medley mix of several tracks and sums up fire emblem recruitment themes.

My favorite song is Music Box from Genealogy of the Holy War. After everything you've gone through, you're rewarded with the absolute sweetest melody in all of Fire Emblem. It's peaceful, calm, and enchanting... at least for me.

Shout out to the entire Fates OST for being so wonderful to listen to.

Echoes is the only full OST where I enjoy every single song on the soundtrack. Awakening comes close, as does Radiant Dawn, but Echoes is just... mmm, so good.

FE4/5 might win out if they ever get an "Echoes" though, I do love the distinct FE yet still very classic SNES soundtrack feel to them.

It's a shame some tracks have generic names.  Like "Battle Map 1 - Player Attack" from Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon; some people won't even know what song I'm referring to in spite of hearing it before.

A lot of Fates is good.  I find I can just listen to Road Taken passively a lot.  Only complaint I have is the overuse of the "You are the ocean's grey waves" motif in all the tracks except for in, like, Glory/Ruin and probably a couple of other tracks.

Genealogy has Doors of Destiny, Light Inheritors, Light and Dark, the Final Holy War, and so much more that works so well tonally and thematically.  At the moment it's probably my favorite game overall in terms of music, I even modded Skyrim so that it has some of the arranged Genealogy tracks and they just work so goddamn well!

Conquest and Id (all versions) from Awakening are pretty nice.

And Echoes' tracks are all pretty epic.

I really like Fe4's ost and remember some tracks fondly, like Lionheart Eldigan. The maps are just so huge you end up listening to the tracks for hours rip.

But you know which one I like even more? Fe5's ost. For example, In search of the victory, the version you hear in chapter one? Amazing.

1 hour ago, link16hit said:

Oh shit someone one use dorcas pic..but with a smile!

FE4 OST and FE15 is awesome!

I like FE OST in general (excepting FE12 remake),well, there is one theme I dislike in Fates and it's Vanity Judge lol

Haha yep.

Dorcas-smug2.png
Also agreed about FE ost, it takes up a bunch of my music playlist.

Edited by ezpzxd

On 9/21/2018 at 8:50 AM, Daes388 said:

But you know which one I like even more? Fe5's ost. For example, In search of the victory, the version you hear in chapter one? Amazing.

I love that track so much, I actually used it for the backdrop in a segment in my LP.

@Fenreir I actually really like the OG player battle map music, which incidentally is also the one I referred to in my other post.

Generic name (I know the remake version got a name, but that's practically a different song entirely), but it's just a nice little tune to me.  I like this version of the player map theme better than its remake renditions.

Though I will give Book 2 of Mystery its credit, a lot of the tracks in that game are pretty nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Favorite overall game soundtrack? Awakening probably has the best IMO followed by SS

Best over all song?

It's just great on the ears, would be better without GBA soundfont but it's still great to listen too,

I think my favorite is Shaman in the Dark from FE6. I love it!

FE6, FE5, and Awakening are probably my favorite soundtracks overall. FE6 has lots of catchy boss and map themes besides the one I mentioned. FE5 has really good final boss themes and I think it's so cool that it has unique music for things like when you're winning or losing or when the enemy is healing. Awakening's music is really nice to listen to and I think it does a good job of setting the mood too.

I'll be honest and say that it's a 3DS title. One of them I still don't know yet (I know, I've had 5 years).

As for outside of those, I'd pick Genealogy. Just, that soundtrack had no right to be as impacting as it is.

For an entire soundtrack, hands down echoes, there isn’t a single song I dislike and I enjoy every single one immensely.

For one single track, I’d have to go with Twilight of the Gods or A song for Bygone Days. I just can’t choose between the two.

Honorable mention for Lord of a Dead Empire as well.

On 9/21/2018 at 8:34 PM, 1% Critical Hit said:

Can I say that I love SoV OST with all of my heart? I used to listen to it every single day.

Truer words have never been spoken 

Edited by DisobeyedCargo