Fire Emblem: Tiding Bonds demo!

Theri

A hack of FE8, Tiding Bonds takes place on the continent of Listeria. One year prior to the story events, an unfortunate accident befell Prince Vincent of Cistellia. Since then, no member of the royal family has been seen besides the young Princess Maya. Terrors have risen seemingly out of nowhere, attacking civilians and sowing havoc wherever they roam. Amidst the chaos rise two lords, the twins Castor and Pollux, wielders of two of the Divine Weapons. However, they are lacking the third to complete the trio. One day, they find a lone traveler clinging to a capsized boat in the harbor. A young mage from Khadein by the name of Musica. Realizing they have found the third, the three set off to save Listeria.

Featuring: Mixed melee and magic, the Freelancer class (hopefully), and other features that will hopefully be added should volunteers be willing to help. Right now, I'm a one-man team (and rather new at hacking) in high school, so if I tried to singlehandedly implement all the features I want, I'd probably be nearing my 30s by the time it would be finished. I'm looking for pretty much anyone, though I'm especially in need of mappers and people who can make battle animations. I'm really dedicated to this, and I've already written more than half the script.

Thanks to the FEU discord (especially sme) for suffering through my noob questions and helping me make this demo a reality! Credits: Circles, for the female Ephraim animation. And Dancer A, for the first level map.

hyoflS7n.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 7.41.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 7.42.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 7.42.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 7.43.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 7.43.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 7.45.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 7.45.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 7.46.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 7.45.09 AM.png

Tiding Bonds demo patch.ups

Edited by Theri
Forgot UPS patch

9 hours ago, AzuraxCorrin(M)4Life said:

Looks promising will maya be playable or will she be the Lyon if this game

She will not be playable, but she's not exactly a Lyon in the fact that she was friends with the main characters. She's more of a Lyon in the fact that she just wanted something innocent, but used dark magic to obtain it, and everything went horribly awry. She also has the excuse of only being 8 years old.

8 hours ago, BrightFlame said:

Wait, does this have a proper strength/magic split?

They're merged a la Gaiden and Echoes style. I wanted a proper split, but the patches weren't working too well so I just decided to combine them and make it easier.

added to LP list. This looks really interesting, especially for a beginner Rom Hacker. The portraits could use some work.

Edit: On second thought, there's only the prologue. It looks interesting, but I feel like you're using outdated tools

Edited by Attila

8 hours ago, Attila said:

added to LP list. This looks really interesting, especially for a beginner Rom Hacker. The portraits could use some work.

Edit: On second thought, there's only the prologue. It looks interesting, but I feel like you're using outdated tools

Yeah, as I said, just a demo. I'm using buildfile method with a bit of FE Builder. Progress is slow since I'm doing it all myself.