Jump to content
Von Ithipathachai

Sanctaea Chronicles (SRPG Studio) (v2.1.1 NOW AVAILABLE)

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, FireEmblemfan2006 said:

Hey how to supports work in this game like do they have to stand next to each other. 51 turns in chap 3 and no supports. please help

Supports in this game work like they do in Awakening and Fates.  You can't trigger Support conversations from the map.  Not everything in this game works exactly like in the GBA games.

Furthermore, you won't even be able to view Supports until after Chapter 6, at which point you'll have access to the Base.

EDIT: Added to the OP.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Supports in this game work like they do in Awakening and Fates.  You can't trigger Support conversations from the map.  Not everything in this game works exactly like in the GBA games.

Furthermore, you won't even be able to view Supports until after Chapter 6, at which point you'll have access to the Base.

EDIT: Added to the OP.

Okay thanks man i love awakening so much so they have to be by each other while they fight or just be near each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FireEmblemfan2006 said:

Okay thanks man i love awakening so much so they have to be by each other while they fight or just be near each other.

I think they just have to be within 2 spaces of each other.  The next version will make it so that Supports build based solely on chapter deployment, i.e. every three chapters your characters participate in will allow them to advance their Support rank.  A select few pairs will have fast growing Supports that can advance in rank every two chapters, i.e. Claudius and Ciceria, Carol and Derrick.

But be careful.  A character can only have five active Support partners at a time, though he/she can reach max rank with all of these.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 8:05 AM, Von Ithipathachai said:

I think they just have to be within 2 spaces of each other.  The next version will make it so that Supports build based solely on chapter deployment, i.e. every three chapters your characters participate in will allow them to advance their Support rank.  A select few pairs will have fast growing Supports that can advance in rank every two chapters, i.e. Claudius and Ciceria, Carol and Derrick.

But be careful.  A character can only have five active Support partners at a time, though he/she can reach max rank with all of these.

I'm pretty happy to hear that! 

I've always sent my characters where I felt they would be most effective on the map; keeping characters paired for supports is very secondary to me and I don't like delaying maps for it. By version 2.0's end, I think I had maybe 6 supports combined (B with Claudius and Ciceria, and a few Cs). GBA-style supports have always been an issue for me; in my entire FE6 playthrough, I got 4 supports total.

3DS-style supports somehow worked for me (I think because amount of fights is a lot lower than number of turns for GBA and that both units trigger gains so you don't necessarily need to finish adjacent), but I still favor Path of Radiance / Radiant Dawn style most of all. Sanctaea Chronicles going for that is certainly great news for me! Especially since you have multiple supports per character (unlike Radiant Dawn).

Regarding Discord, I haven't joined since I basically never use it, but I guess I should take a peak there sometime to get some more news!

Edited by Ayra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ayra said:

I'm pretty happy to hear that! 

I've always sent my characters where I felt they would be most effective on the map; keeping characters paired for supports is very secondary to me and I don't like delaying maps for it. By version 2.0's end, I think I had maybe 6 supports combined (B with Claudius and Ciceria, and a few Cs). GBA-style supports have always been an issue for me; in my entire FE6 playthrough, I got 4 supports total.

3DS-style supports somehow worked for me (I think because amount of fights is a lot lower than number of turns for GBA and that both units trigger gains so you don't necessarily need to finish adjacent), but I still favor Path of Radiance / Radiant Dawn style most of all. Sanctaea Chronicles going for that is certainly great news for me!

Regarding Discord, I haven't joined since I basically never use it, but I guess I should take a peak there sometime...

You should totally consider it, especially if you want to see other people's feedback and earlier looks at FuranSuwa's halfbody portraits!  The generic Fighters and Elma's are done (and boy is she a looker), but I'm still waiting for Troy's to be finished before I post another art update here.

I have good news and bad news.  The bad news is that Furan won't be able to finish any portraits during May (I think he has to be away from home for a work thing), though he'll still be able to do rough concept art and lineart in the meantime.  Hopefully he can finish Troy before the end of the month so I won't have a class block of portraits unfinished for so long.

The good news is that I have all of my ideas for v2.0's Support chains now and am currently trying to implement them.  So now I've resumed active development on the game, though I haven't been able to progress as quickly as I'd like due to the need to study for final exams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 6:05 AM, Von Ithipathachai said:

I think they just have to be within 2 spaces of each other.  The next version will make it so that Supports build based solely on chapter deployment, i.e. every three chapters your characters participate in will allow them to advance their Support rank.  A select few pairs will have fast growing Supports that can advance in rank every two chapters, i.e. Claudius and Ciceria, Carol and Derrick.

But be careful.  A character can only have five active Support partners at a time, though he/she can reach max rank with all of these.

Really so you can s rank them all but what if you married or in relationship with someone else. or is some supports platonic 

Edited by FireEmblemfan2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FireEmblemfan2006 said:

Really si you can s rank them all but what if you married or in relationship with some else. or is some supports platonic 

Whoops.  I meant to imply that some Supports might be platonic.  Characters can only have one S-Support partner like normal, I should've been more specific but I was tired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Fighters' portraits are done:

Fighter_present.png?width=734&height=630

Elma_Pres.png?width=748&height=631

Troy_Pres.png?width=748&height=631

This will probably be the last of the completed portraits for now. FuranSuwa has a work thing to go to in May, leaving him unable to finish any portraits (though he should still be able to do rough concept art and lineart).

If you still want to see the WIP art during May, I recommend you join the Discord server, because I'm not going to post that here.  In the meantime, I will continue working on implementing the new Support chains and making other important improvements to v2.1.  Apparently the Thieves that steal treasure and ransack Houses/Villages have been very difficult for players to deal with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, FireEmblemfan2006 said:

Dude you can draw really good Are these art work going to be in game

These are not mine.  I thought I said in my last post these were done by FuranSuwa.

These halfbodies will eventually be used for dialogue scenes in place of the three different dialogue windows, but not until every single character's is finished.  That includes playable characters, generics, bosses, and other NPCs.  It will probably be a very long time until they are used for their intended purpose.

Until then, you will be able to view them in the Extras menu to be added in the next version with their respective character bios.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

These are not mine.  I thought I said in my last post these were done by FuranSuwa.

These halfbodies will eventually be used for dialogue scenes in place of the three different dialogue windows, but not until every single character's is finished.  That includes playable characters, generics, bosses, and other NPCs.  It will probably be a very long time until they are used for their intended purpose.

Until then, you will be able to view them in the Extras menu to be added in the next version with their respective character bios.

my bad man I didnt see that post.  cant wait to see them in game though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy eff, you really weren't joking about Elma!

Hope your exams went well!

Regarding the thieves, I personally lost the chest in the early forest (chapter 4?), and the top house in the escape chapter where you need to board the boat (7?). The one in chapter 3 (? the one with flyer allies) was kind of hard to spot on my first run, but wasn't much of an issue on my second. I don't recall having too many problems with thieves from chapter 8 onward though as far as looting is concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ayra said:

Holy eff, you really weren't joking about Elma!

Hope your exams went well!

Regarding the thieves, I personally lost the chest in the early forest (chapter 4?), and the top house in the escape chapter where you need to board the boat (7?). The one in chapter 3 (? the one with flyer allies) was kind of hard to spot on my first run, but wasn't much of an issue on my second. I don't recall having too many problems with thieves from chapter 8 onward though as far as looting is concerned.

They did, thanks!

Some other important news about the game's development: I have decided to abandon Support writing for v2.0 and go ahead and work on improving existing chapters.  I will need to restructure who Supports with who yet again so I can cut out lower-quality Supports.  I would go ahead and to the Support fixing now, but v2.1 has taken long enough as is.

One major change that will be coming is that Damien will no longer be a Transporter, and Claudius and Carol will both gain Convoy access when their armies merge after Chapter 6.  Instead, Damien will be an ordinary combat character, specifically a Fighter.  His character will need to be rewritten to center less around him being the convoy guy, but that will wait for v3.0 as well.

As we speak I am working on overhauling Chapter 10 to be more interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, gang!  v2.1 is now available for you all to play!  No new chapters, but existing ones have received updates, including some rewrites.

Chapters 6 and 10 in particular play much differently now.  Tell me what you think about them!

(The Bonus EXP rewards for Chapter 10 may or may not work.  If they do work, they're not displaying properly.  I need to investigate the matter further at some point.)

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...So apparently Hyde in Chapter 2 uses the wrong face in dialogue.  This is probably because the Chapter 2 enemies originally all spawned as Event Enemies and I made them regular enemies instead.  A similar bug caused Cato to turn into Claudius during his dialogue with Duncan in v1.0 and actually broke the game.

Expect to see a v2.1.1 correcting that and a few other bugs I may have missed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

v2.1.1 has been released!  It fixes a few minor bugs found in v2.1, namely Hyde using Claudius's portrait during dialogue, Chester's portrait disappearing and his description reverting to its old one, and Bonus EXP not being awarded in Chapter 10 when you arm prisoners.

Your v2.1 save files should be compatible with it.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm interested. Might give it a try when I have the freedom.

Edited by Pururut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is there a way to make it fullscreen and change the controls? I went into config and couldnt find it. It looks really good though even though im only in chapter 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Renais said:

is there a way to make it fullscreen and change the controls? I went into config and couldnt find it. It looks really good though even though im only in chapter 1

You should be able to change the controls in the game's configuration settings file, but I'm unsure about fullscreen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game is nice and all but sometimes something still bugging me. I mean, can you make battle animations better than this? I'm not talking about Radian Dawns or Fates Styles but at least, make it Gba style? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Street Hero said:

This game is nice and all but sometimes something still bugging me. I mean, can you make battle animations better than this? I'm not talking about Radian Dawns or Fates Styles but at least, make it Gba style? 

I don't think I can.  Not only would every single battle animation have to be replaced (and blown up in size and adjusted to move like in the GBA games), but possibly whole backgrounds, too.  There's another SRPG Studio game in the works that uses GBA assets for ...pretty much everything else, but still has to use the default battle animations.  Even the Japanese SRPG Studio user base has struggled with this.

Worse still, while Claudius could probably reuse Eliwood's battle animations, he would still need an Axe-wielding version of Eliwood's Knight Lord animations for his promotion.  Carol would need to have a completely new animation set just for her, which I don't think I can manage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FuranSuwa is back with a vengeance!

Here's Damien's art.  He was originally a Transporter, but is now a Fighter.

Damien_Pres.png?width=723&height=610

The generic Archers and Bertus should be next.  For real this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Archer characters are here!

Lancer_present.png?width=714&height=613

Bertus_Pres.png?width=728&height=613

Next are the Thieves.

In other news, work on the v3 chapters is well underway.  I should be starting Chapter 18 soon, which includes implementing Margaret and Tito as playable characters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bertus looking good! Thanks for the updates. Damien not being a transporter anymore... Is the convoy moved to the lords, or removed entirely? I admit I didn't use him past his recruitment chapter, but disposable bait would have been occasionally useful (or loot-heavy chapters).

Sorry for not having tried the updated chapters; I normally only play completed hacks/games because I don't like restarting. I'm really not a playtester... I tried this project because it was SRPG Studio and because it looked decent (it's actually pretty good!). I'll restart for the next wave of chapters, and I'd honestly very happily pay for the final release, but I'm not too keen to restart just for a few updated chapters (even if I know the feedback would be useful to you). Sorry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ayra said:

Bertus looking good! Thanks for the updates. Damien not being a transporter anymore... Is the convoy moved to the lords, or removed entirely? I admit I didn't use him past his recruitment chapter, but disposable bait would have been occasionally useful (or loot-heavy chapters).

Claudius and Carol both gain Convoy access after Chapter 6.  Aetius lets them borrow some of his supply wagons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...