Souls of Anarchy: Spurning Staff

NoahStratos

The sole survivor of an apocalyptic event, Captain Toad, the last member of the fabled Mushroom Retainers of the Mushroom Kingdom arrives headfirst into the continent of Akari, a strange continent that appeared in the sea one day. There he meets two fish out of water hailing from Brooklyn’s suburbs. Akari’s early lifespan meant that there was no ruler to head the place. However, a chain of resurfacing strangers meant that someone could as well usurp the empty throne.

~Anarchy begets autocracy.~

The Souls of Anarchy: Spurning Staff

• 27 main chapters
  • A strange main continent, with paralogues leaking to other worlds
  • A myriad of skills: originating from Ylisse, Zenith, and the world of Fates
  • Non-canon FE skills that includes personal skills for each playable character
  • 35+ characters that will soon join the squad - a good amount with tragic backstories
  • A dramatic story with comedic gag elements
  • Some draconic and beast classes with corresponding elements
  • Weapons from the entire FE series, plus a batch of outliers and unique items
  • Battles takes cue from Sacred Stones, Radiant Dawn, and Awakening

This fangame acts as a spiritual successor to the roleplay Fire Emblem: Realms of the Cosmic Mirror, currently on a indefinite hiatus, and borrows many of the same concepts and mechanics. It runs on riskrain’s Lex Talionis engine, which was written in Python. The fangame implies you have tackled strategy RPGs at a deep level before and may not be for the faint of heart. While the base game aims to be as difficult as the Jugdral duology, Casual Mode will still be kept just in case.

If you’re familiar with my previous roleplay, I might be contacting former players for help on this project. Don’t expect a sequel, because this is pretty tough work. If it is, the sequel may use FEXNA as its base.

Discord link for further info and discussion: https://discord.gg/V8WDthQ

Progress:
Not really begun on yet (or have extra help), so please wait for a first release!

Once I gather resources and more development help, I'll keep updated with pictures as soon as possible!

Edited by NoahStratos
oof wrong link

A Discord server for a proposed fangame? Never heard of that before... right?

Link for the brave: https://discord.gg/V8WDthQ

Development info goes here. Note that actual proposals to join the team are private/direct messages only.

Edit: I dun goofed and accidentally posted a link to the prequel to this fangame. Sorry dudes.

Edited by NoahStratos
aagh

Small update:
Work has begun on the first few chapters (including classes, debut player and NPC characters, and skills that come from characters or classes from those few chapters). As of now, I'm looking for a person who is able to make GBA-styled battle (combat/spell) animations with, at least, the FEditor/FEBuilder/FEXP/FEXNA format. Most, if not all, characters will require unique animations when in battle due to the diversity in species and human character designs. 

Quick update: another spriter for character design/portraits/map sprites/etc. is needed to lessen work on the spriter that is deriving their work from the RP predecessor. Weapon icons and skill icons may be addressed in a separate post.
Also still looking for coders since we still don't have a signal that they're ready to work on python code.

• 4 weeks later...

Fangame technically not dead, still looking for programmer and sprite artist volunteers since progress is currently slow for us.

Once we get the first batch of playable units introduced, we'll start other parts of the first stretch of the project.

• 1 month later...

Hey, no time long see. Progression is probably at a crawl, and I'm yet strapped for programming and sprite artist positions.
Still at planning stage as well, as we haven't touched scripting yet. More info over this next month or so. Maybe.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, just been updated with new info that most of the player characters mugshots for the first demo have been finalized. Other than that, we're still looking for a Python-based programmer as of now, since the engine runs on the mentioned language. Other than that... yeah.

• 2 weeks later...

Special player unit preview! Remember this person from another related story? Well, it's her birthday today, and what better time to do a preview in!

Jeanne D’Arc - Fate/apocrypha - Salvation Maiden

0d850f21245579000c076a640281eb9c.png

“Even if I must no longer be a pacifist in this kind of war, I’ll still protect whomever I serve.”

A Heroic Spirit with the unique class of Ruler. During her life, she was burned at the stake and was deeply resented by her enemies. Values order over anything else.

The first of many of Type-Moon’s Servants in the fangame. Servants are canonically known to be highly powerful beings. Jeanne, despite being a Soldier, a class with sub-optimal base stats and growths, her Servant parameters make her into a well-rounded jack-of-all-stats. Her personal skill, Crisis Guard, prevents her and adjacent allied units from stat decreases and status conditions from various other skills if she is adjacent to one or more allied units.

(Mugshot by @HyperMorian)

• 2 months later...

Long time no post. Don't worry, I came here as I haven't forgotten too much about it. Currently, the small dev team of two seems to be very busy. Still actively looking for development members for coding, spriters, and scripts writers since we haven't progress much on that either.

Just the usual as of now. See you later.