FE4 Remake Idea

Luis Liberato

Aight so I have been playing FE4 and god damn are these levels longggggg. So I was thinking if there was ever a remake of the game what are your thoughts if there was a saving system in the game similar to Shadow Dragon and Heroes of Light and Shadow?

For those who don't know in SD you could find save point in the map so you could save half way through a level. This was great since the levels in SD could drag on sometimes and would often make you traverse the entire map of go around a mountain. This took some time so the save states were very helpful.

So what would you think about having a similar system on Genealogy? I would love it since some levels make you back track a lot and getting Jamke was a nightmare.

If I remember right, Genealogy allows you to save at the beginning of each turn. If anything, the DS games are more limited since you can only save at best twice, instead of how many times as turns it takes you for Genealogy. Though I believe someone else may explain this better, I'd hope.

Genealogy is even more busted. You can save at the start of every turn, so long as nobody has moved yet.

This is only if a unit has moved for their turn, not for any actions in the town. So you can arena abuse like never before, especially in Turn 1.

23 minutes ago, Luis Liberato said:

Aight so I have been playing FE4 and god damn are these levels longggggg. So I was thinking if there was ever a remake of the game what are your thoughts if there was a saving system in the game similar to Shadow Dragon and Heroes of Light and Shadow?

For those who don't know in SD you could find save point in the map so you could save half way through a level. This was great since the levels in SD could drag on sometimes and would often make you traverse the entire map of go around a mountain. This took some time so the save states were very helpful.

So what would you think about having a similar system on Genealogy? I would love it since some levels make you back track a lot and getting Jamke was a nightmare.

As others said you can save at the beginning of every turn.  

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If I remember right, Genealogy allows you to save at the beginning of each turn. If anything, the DS games are more limited since you can only save at best twice, instead of how many times as turns it takes you for Genealogy. Though I believe someone else may explain this better, I'd hope.

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Genealogy is even more busted. You can save at the start of every turn, so long as nobody has moved yet.

This is only if a unit has moved for their turn, not for any actions in the town. So you can arena abuse like never before, especially in Turn 1.

WAIT YOU CAN?!?!?!??

God dammit I restarted like so many times cause of dumb mistakes

5 minutes ago, Luis Liberato said:

WAIT YOU CAN?!?!?!??

I think you need to activate it from the menu, since it's not active by default. When the player's turn begins, it gives you the prompt to save or not.

2 minutes ago, Luis Liberato said:

WAIT YOU CAN?!?!?!??

You can set an autosave, but it will also show the save option in the menu so long as nobody's moved as well.

As was said before, it does allow you to save a the beginning of a turn. But personally, I think that's highly restrictive, considering that far more often than not, by the time I'm considering taking a break, I'm probably in the middle of a turn, and thus I would prefer to have something more convenient in a remake.

Edited by Shadow Mir