New Half-Card Proxies, Set 10 Complete

SAIKLEX

I’ve undertaken a project to provide high-quality half-card proxies for every Cipher card, in a format that overlays with the card and doesn’t cover the beautiful artwork that many of us love Cipher for.

As of posting this, I have completed Set 10! (as well as several other cards from different sets) You can find a link to an organised Google Drive folder at the bottom of the post, with every proxy in their specific folder. You should also be able to search by character name or card number.

Shigure_B10-060N.png.99f11da7f4bb3a5a7850b76c3175a7a1.png42488899_10212152817403510_6778042680438947840_o.thumb.jpg.e5d24d56ad6d23a70017c873d6ee3b20.jpg

TO USE:

I recommend printing these out, cutting them out, and sliding them into a card sleeve in front of the card. I do not endorse glueing them onto the cards! (Please don't!) FOR MAXIMUM PROTECTION, use a perfect-fit sleeve for the card, and put the card with the sleeve on and the proxy into a regular sleeve. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE for any damage inflicted upon your cards from the use of these proxies.

The easiest way to print any amount out would be to stick them in a Word document or similar. Resize the image so that the width is 6.25cm (2.46 inches) (this number is experimental, please return feedback on this) (please maintain size ratio otherwise the coverup will be stretched!) and print it out, making sure the printer is set to print at its highest quality to ensure readability. Cut the proxies out and slip them in, they SHOULD align (I recommend using a sharp paper trimmer). Print in the best quality you can to ensure readability. I also cannot guarantee that the image will match the colours of the original 100%. The length of the proxy is not intended to be what you should use, I've usually left a gap of some art, and sometimes the SAMPLE text is there, I recommend cutting everything off you don't need, and if you prefer not to have the translated quote, feel free to cut them off too.

Please get back to me with feedback! I want to make these the best I possibly can for the community. Please comment with any feedback, issues, spotted errors or questions for me.

FAQ:

Q: Why does this card have a solid box behind the skills when this one has a transparent box or none at all?

A: This is dependant on whether the text-free art of the card itself is available online, and that is down to the artist to release on their preference. If the art is available, I can do some Photoshop magic and combine the Japanese card with the textless art to create a card with no Japanese text on which has to be covered up by opaque squares.

Q: When will you do this set? Can you do this card?

A: I started with set 10 and will then do set 11, 12, 13 and 14 when it comes out, with the help of a brilliant team! (Contact me if you want to help! We have a discord!) This is because proxies already exist for all sets 1-9 by AsheoftheEmblem on SerenesForest (I'll link them below.) Our priority is to make sure every card has a proxy, and so I'm covering those that lack one first. For each set, I will do the main set and relevant Starter Deck cards, excluding + versions of cards. Once 10-14 are done, I will go back and do revamped proxies for the older sets.

I haven't been as active lately, since I've only just got a job after months of interviews. Once everything settles down, I'll try and get back into the rhythm of it. I also have several people helping, and you can help too!

If you want a specific card or two done from an older set to have a shiny new art-proxy, or you want a promo/+ version of a card, let me know! Instances of this (or cards I do for my personal use) will be uploaded to the Drive for everyone, which is why there are folders for older sets with only a few cards in.

Half-card proxies for sets 1-9 plus their starter decks: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/73129-english-half-card-proxies/

TO MAKE:

I've uploaded all templates (originals by TripleCritical, more on that down below) and a video showing my process of making a proxy (in Photoshop) on the Google Drive! It would be of great help to the community if anyone else wants to make any half-card proxies that are not yet made, and several people have already contacted me about it. Send them my way and I can put them on the Drive for everyone (or we can sort out access, whatever works best).

Thanks for reading and please spread the joy of Fire Emblem Cipher to as many people as you can!

-Saiklex

All art (c)Nintendo/Intelligent Systems. This project is done purely out of love for the series and I hope that it helps more English players to get into the game. I always search for the highest quality images for anything I use (although I try to stick to the SAMPLE scans for consistency of colour), so sources vary.

All translations from SerenesForest.net Cipher wiki, if no quotes were found for the cards, quotes were found at FireEmblem.wikia.com wiki, if none were at EITHER, they are poorly translated/attempted localised by me using Google Translate because I am a cretin. If I'm not able to get a satisfactory translation, I will leave it blank.

Template originally made by TripleCritical and updated and configured by me, if you're reading this TripleCritical, I'm sorry that I'm using this without your explicit permission. I did contact you multiple times in multiple outlets and got no response. I promise this was not a malicious act and I only want to help the Cipher community out and help it grow, please contact me if you have any issues, I'd be happy to discuss this! The original thread and template can be found here: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/67466-fire-emblem-cipher-card-coveup-tool-interest-check/

DRIVE LINK: HERE

Edited by SAIKLEX
update

Hey, just wanted to pop in and say thank for putting in the time and effort into this project.

One of my friends recently stopped playing because he found it too cumbersome to go back and forth to translations. But I'm certain this will give him the push to get back into it.

Thank you again!

Update! I've uploaded templates and a video of my process to the Drive. If anyone wants to help, check these out and get in touch!

On 9/27/2018 at 6:44 AM, Myst said:

Hey, just wanted to pop in and say thank for putting in the time and effort into this project.

One of my friends recently stopped playing because he found it too cumbersome to go back and forth to translations. But I'm certain this will give him the push to get back into it.

Thank you again!

Thanks! This means a lot, I really hope the project helps more and more people to get into the game.

• 2 months later...

This is amazing, all i been using for translations are the one's by AsheoftheEmblem and making new ones based on them. Thank you so much for doing this, now all translation i can use will look super nice. May Mila bless your soul for the rest of your life.

B07-051SR-Unifier of the Kingdom of Hoshido, Ryoma.png

B07-066SR-Oboro, Stunning Spear Maiden.png

• 8 months later...

Hey,

I saw someone post this thread on facebook to help someone who needed proxies. 

For those of you reading the comment, Saiklex stopped working on proxies a long time ago and he handed this project over to us. 

Since then we've made a LOT more proxies, with many more to come. Please visit this link for more info: