September's Legendary Hero - Tiki: Legendary Dragon

Fire Emblem Fan

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at that poncho, look at that poncho!!!  Forget about it I'm sold.  I am so glad I waited on pulling more on the Muspell generals banner, I was expecting a disappointing legendary hero like usual but this poncho wearing assassin who is cute as a button is too awesome.  I don't have Spring Catria either and would like to have her, I do have Miciah but she is good fodder or I can pull a better nature maybe as well.  

Blues for sure for me.  I was looking forward to M Grima being on this banner with legendary Hector but I guess that would be too good as far as fodder.  I got Brave Ike, but I do need more steady breaths.  Spring sharena is okay, I wouldn't mind one I guess.  Green medium priority.

Colorless is a skip, I have F Grima and Jaffar already.  Maribelle is the only one I'm missing.

Reds.  I don't have Winter Tharja or Karla, though I don't really 'need' them.  Still wouldn't mind a copy of each.  

So blue, green, maybe red, definitely not colorless.  

10 minutes ago, Kaden said:

If you summon any, please send them my way. I'm 9 more Jaffars before I have a +10 Jaffar. :p

I'll be sending the Jaffar vibes your way when I summon on Friday.  I just need three more F!Grima to complete her merges. 

...I didn't realize that Tiki was an Armor until I saw Bold Fighter in her skillset. She doesn't look like an Armor to me.

Still, I want this Tiki, and I really hope I get Blue Orbs on the free session so they can disappoint me maybe have her... but I'll accept it if I don't get her. After all, I'm sure she'll be back in 2019 when I'll hopefully have Orbs.

As for everyone else on the banner... It's about what I expected, and I'm so happy Nino isn't here so she can be on one of these when I actually have Orbs. Not gonna bother with anything outside of Blue/Green unless I have to. Colorless doesn't interest me, neither does Red, Green I might try on if I can't get Blues because there's a possibility of Steady Breath fodder and/or Sharena, but Blue's the one that I want many of because that Tiki is adorable and also Spring Catria and/or Micaiah would be alright. So, Blue > Green >>>>>>>>>>>>> Red >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Colorless for me.

On an unrelated note, do we know when F!Grima's gonna be skipping one of these? I wanna say I remember reading October's Legendary banner won't have her, but I could've been mistaken.

This is our first dragon-slaying blue, that's neat.

I wouldn't complain about getting Catria, but she's not super high on my priority list, and I already have Micaiah. Also missing Karla, Tharja, Hector, and Maribelle, so I guess my color preference order here is B > R > G > C.

Honestly, I probably don't have enough orbs to pull it off, but I gotta try.

5 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

On an unrelated note, do we know when F!Grima's gonna be skipping one of these?

November. Ryoma, Lucina, and Gunnthra are scheduled to return in November, leaving only a colorless slot open for a new Legendary Hero.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Whenever they get off their arses and actually make another grey 8% hero.

We also, naturally, have colored bows to “thank” for this drought as without them LotW!Lyn and GA!Lucina both would’ve been colorless.

54 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Now, who was it that was talking about poncho Tiki in the other thread?

Me.

Although looking through all the posts here on SF, I'm not the first to bring it up.

36 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I don't get this argument. Does anyone consider V! Ike to not be an Ike alt because OG Ike is from PoR? 

Well visually speaking, the two Ikes are massively different. Same person with the same personality yes, but their circumstances are different. PoR Ike is the stoic newbie shonen protagonist that has to rise to greatness. RD Ike is the badass renowned across a continent who kicks posteriors from the moment he shows up.

I'd brand Vanguard Ike as a "justified alt". Not as much a separate character as Child and Adult Tikis, but you can't deny that having only PoR Ike or RD Ike fully represents Ikeness. 

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Whenever they get off their arses and actually make another grey 8% hero.

Why haven't they exactly? Lack of conceivable options? They did have to resort to bleaching Breath and using a villain to make Robin fit as one.

As for Tiki, two Archneans in a two, odd. And this is as has been said her fifth incarnation. Not like FE has many dragons units to go around, so this is understandable to an extent. Nonetheless, I'm not really overjoyed with this and hope this is Tiki's last new incarnation for at least a year. Legendary Nowi can't happen, but Corrin (ideally Male), Fae, Myrrh, and Ninian have enough plot importance to classify for Legendary selves.  If there is a justifiable alt for Tiki left, it is her TMS Uta-loid self, and that presently has no chance of happening.

Between Blue and Colorless I only have Micaiah, and she's always a welcome pity break for merges so I'll be pulling those two for sure. Red and Green I have all except Legendary Hector, so I'll be skipping those.

Edited by Jave

yeowch. Guess I'm just color sniping Red and Blue this time. I'm sure I'm not the only one miffed that Brave Ike appeared instead of a more rare green unit. I want Legendary Hector, but I have a bad history going for this guy in his other forms and don't expect that to change. Maribelle is a wondrous surprise. Was hoping she and other great new units wouldn't appear until there was a new grey Legendary Hero. They really know what they're doing with these banners...

For the first time ever I'm packing 300+orbs saved up. I dunno if this banner is really worth that much of 'em.

So this is the mythical legendary banner that im actually going to pull full circle on.

Red

L!Ike:Need Merges

Karla:Need Merges

B!Tharja:Would love to get my hands on Spd Feint

Blue

Tiki: Can't say i like her art, dragon sprite, or voice work but she's likely to be the single highest scoring unit in the game so why not

S!Catria: Need that chill Res for F!Corrin and maybe Soren

Michiah: Don't have one yet and i imagine i can find something to do with extra Guard/DD if it comes to it

Green

Hector: Don't have one, and i don't mean legendary, ive never pulled a Hector of any kind

B!Ike:Need Merges

S!Sharena: Probably my least desired unit but hey rally Atk/Spd Doesn't Suck

Colorless

F!Grima:Through some of the most ridiculous luck you could ever imagine i still dont have one

Jaffar: Need merges(windsweep double poison strike can be hella clutch in arena)

Maribelle: Dont have one and can use for Dazzle fodder

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

We also, naturally, have colored bows to “thank” for this drought as without them LotW!Lyn and GA!Lucina both would’ve been colorless.

Coloured bows and daggers are still the dumbest addition to the game since the blessings and 8% heroes. They did nothing to improve the grey pool and indeed, only made it worse.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why haven't they exactly? Lack of conceivable options? They did have to resort to bleaching Breath and using a villain to make Robin fit as one.

Because they were being idiotic.

I guess we really are getting DC weapon refines in the future? Divine Breath just powercrept Expiration.

And who knew a Breath skill could exist without Ike?! It was only a matter of time before Fierce Breath became a thing. Darting Breath will be a weird skill though; I can't imagine anyone would run it for the +4 Spd.

More importantly, that's another pattern broken (unless it's MotE's anniversary or something). Is nothing sacred, IS?

Divine Mist is super. With Everyone! is great. Bold Fighter could be useful fodder. Fierce Breath is awesome (but expensive) fodder. Her design's cool, the music was good. Dragon. And yet I'm not tempted to pull for her. Also, fifth Tiki… Guess I'm disappointed. Was hoping for Bruno. It makes sense, at least, for Tiki to come tottering after Marth. I may pull for her someday, but for now, I'm trying to decide whether to go green or colorless. I want F!Grima, but I'm worried about being trolled by Jafar. I'd be okay with a Maribelle, I guess, but she's not a priority. I freally want a F!Grima, but Green makes more sense to pull from since I still need Shagreena and L!Hector, and more copies of Brave Ike isn't a bad thing since I use him so often (though the other two would be preferred, especially L!Hector.) Hmm I can't remember if next month's hero's colorless, or if it's the one after that. Whichever's red, I should have another chance at F!Grima, so maybe I should wait to pull for her...

Huh. On the one hand L!Tiki is cute, but on the other hand her art as a whole is pretty meh. She's also an armor, which is an instant turn-off for me. With those deliciously deadly skills I wouldn't mind getting her, but she's not a priority. For the banner as a whole:

• Red: I could always use more L!Ike merges, but Karla is yet another sword and I don't give a damn about Tharja. Probably going to pull just so orbs don't get wasted.
  • Green: B!Ike is meh for my teams, Spring!Sharena is nice but has to compete with Julia, Nino, etc, and Lector is just competition for Vector. Still probably going to pull.
  • Blue: L!Tiki's nice, Spring!Catria would give me a blue mage horse that isn't f***ing Reinhardt, and Micaiah is meh. Definitely pulling.
  • Grey: Maribelle's better than Elise but not by enough, F!Grima's meh, and Jaffar is just bad. Pass.

Honestly this banner is looking very meh for me. I'm sitting on 176 orbs right now, so I think I'll pull until I get one 5* and stop.

12 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I guess we really are getting DC weapon refines in the future? Divine Breath just powercrept Expiration.

Doesn't really mean much since effective damage is well established to be considered a free effect on weapons (or at least the first instance of it is).

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

I don't mind 5 alts at this point. I happened to randomly pull L!Lucina in a few orbs and had fun using her despite bad IV with +res and -atk. I ended up liking the L!Lucina trailer just because of how much fun I had using her in spite of me not having played Awakening. 

Hopefully, Tiki is a fun unit to use as well. 

I got a bad IV...then a good IV so it worked out. In fact, I have determined to make her my first five star exclusive +10 project. 2 down, 9 more to go.

Tikiiiii! And here I was wanting to save orbs to possibly pull more on the Muspell banner, or save for Halloween. But I'm definitely going to do at least a bit of pulling for my favorite dragon. Her skill set looks powerful too. I also wouldn't mind getting a better nature for my Spring Catria, but I'm already happy with my Micaiah.

37 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Bride Tharja.

Sorry another typo.  Yeah bridal Tharja is the one I don't have.

Oh on legendary TIki, I agree that I wish they had a new dragon sprite, instead they did a gold palette swap of her young tiki dragon sprite.  The kit though.  She is the ultimate fodder unit.  Bold fighter 3, and the brand new Fierce breath.  She is completely built no need to waste any expensive fodder, might change her special and that's it.  

@Lau Well lookie here!

I'm really surprised to see her at all, really, though I certainly don't mind a blue dragon, weird as it may be for her specifically.

Blue is the only color where I don't have a single unit, so there's no losing for me.

After that there's possibly getting F!Grima for the first time, along with Legend Hector for green

Here's hoping for her